Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,490 members, 7,861,411 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5518) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11072832 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5515) (5516) (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) ... (7817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 5:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
Is glaxo Smith good at 4.8 and what is the dividends we should be exoecting if any cos I have quite few of it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2020
abimbola01:
Please, why is Nestle not going below #765 ?
Shoo, my oga, e neva try reach? E don lose about 53% of its price from its 52-week low. I feel if you're interested in buying the stock, you may begin to buy in bits. Just my opinion.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
abuhusna1:
Is glaxo Smith good at 4.8 and what is the dividends we should be exoecting if any cos I have quite few of it

Paid 50k last year

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Makamoney(m): 5:42pm On Apr 06, 2020
Good evening Gurus in the house. Please help a novice, what are the best stocks now for a medium term of 7months.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bomboclad:
FBNH
27% YOY increase in PAT
38kobo dividend (vs 25kobo last year)

Mcy56....this is why today's volume was high; Thank you for highlighting this during today's trading.

http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29601_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2020.pdf

In line with the Group’s 2020-2022 strategic objective, FBN Holdings Plc has commenced discussions with Sanlam (PTY) Limited (the owners of the 35% equity of FBN Insurance) and engagement with the relevant regulators with a view towards divesting from FBNI and selling its 65% holdings to Sanlam.

page 23

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 6:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
http://www.nse.com.ng/Financial_NewsDocs/29601_FBN_HOLDINGS_PLC_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_APRIL_2020.pdf

FBNH YE 2019 financial print.

Highlights;

• Improved indices accross several key revenue and earnings line.

• 38k dividend proposed(up 52% from prev yr)

• Planned divestiture. ...the group plans to divest from its 65% holding in FBN INSURANCE.
Sale shall be to the core investor, SANLAM pty ltd who already holds the balance of 35% stake in FBN INSURANCE.
I believe that this was the same group that recently bought over Continental Re from minority investors.
For emphasis, SANLAM Pty Ltd owns a majority stake in SAHAM FINANCES which owns CRe AFRICA(continental Re africa) that bought over Continental Re Nig.
...so FBNH is likely to get a good deal from the divestment.

Is FBNH a good buy @ current price?
...I'd answer in the affirmative.
However, I believe there are BETTER coys in the bourse right now !!

I shall review the report a bit more in due course.

Selah

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
I have limited funds and I am thorn between buying Firstbank and Wapco. If to say I no get UBA shares I for say e no go better for Tony.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 6:33pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:46pm On Apr 06, 2020
aremso:

yes oo u will be collecting dividends as if you are collecting house rent
Zenith beats house rent well well. And no much stress. No quit notice, no court

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Heishere:
I have limited funds and I am thorn between buying Firstbank and Wapco. If to say I no get UBA shares I for say e no go better for Tony.

grin grin grin. Wetin Tony do you ooo?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 7:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Mpeace:
Zenith beats house rent well well. And no much stress. No quit notice, no court
Na so. Those who know, know as e dey go. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
BREAKING NEWS: POPE FRANCIS DROP HIS TITLE AS "VICAR OF CHRIST"

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-messages-bible/28#88166708
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2020
seyisanya:
grin grin grin. Wetin Tony do you ooo?

Baba delayed our dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
veecovee:
BREAKING NEWS: POPE FRANCIS DROP HIS TITLE AS "VICAR OF CHRIST"

https://www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-messages-bible/28#88166708

What is the effect on Covid-19?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 12:30am On Apr 07, 2020
Intendy:
Ikeja Hotel Plc Closure of Register for Year Ended 31 December 2019

Proposed Dividend: Final Dividend of N0.02 Kobo per share

Proposed Bonus: Nil

Qualification Date: Wednesday, 1st July, 2020

Closure Date: Thursday, 2nd - Wednesday, 8th July, 2020

AGM Date: Thursday, 30th July, 2020

Payment Date: Friday, 7th August, 2020

AGM Venue: To be Advised
this one na dividend
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Intendy: 6:46am On Apr 07, 2020
yom2:
this one na dividend
Yes na. Awọn transcopse category.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:07am On Apr 07, 2020
yom2:
this one na dividend

Paid interim dividend of N0.03k last August.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 7:12am On Apr 07, 2020
Nigeria To Borrow $6.9 Billion From World Bank, IMF, AFDB

https://www.nairaland.com/5778598/nigeria-borrow-6.9-billion-world

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 07, 2020
@ Mcy,

Now we can talk of making money @ fcmb in both capital appreciation and dividend.

Hope you are done loading?

Loco is fully done.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:26am On Apr 07, 2020
CashDiMkpa:
My guess is 35k.
Your guess and that of lancee 40kobo was right. The div came in btw. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2020
onegentleguy:
I just received an unconfirmed report that the CBN has adjusted the Fx sales peg to FPIs from the initial N366.70/$ to N380.20/$.
...the interpretation of this is that the apex bank(CBN) may have already devalued the currency by approx 3.7% given current realities.

The move might not be unconnected to the FPIs folks jettisoning of OMO sales by the apex bank yesterday.

This move, together with the CBN' recent guidance on stimulus(including a proposed N1.1 trillion intervention fund) to sectors with high 1st point of impact, will act to give a good measure of cushion to any feasible shock from the aftermath of the twin 'evil' of covid-19 and strain in oil price.

The next sensible thing to do is to:
1) Ensure that the proposed budget amendment is done in a way that sets realistic targets, and not those "forward-looking assumed pegs" as seen in the last 2020 budget.

2) Remove the 'evil' called subsidy, and re-align those accruals towards expanding/diversifying our economic base. This is the best opportunity/time to do so !!

3) Then enact and pass the expanded version of the PIB, and amend the Land use act, and we' ll be good to go !!

But of course, implementing these items can only be imagined with our current leaders and policy makers !!
All the same, great move from the CBN !!

For those who still think that this is not the best time to align with healthy assets/coys(selective buying with MoS compression to valuation in view) or who are still waiting on the side line in a bid to time the market, I sincerely wish u Good luck !!

Selah

https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/business/federal-government-affirms-deregulation-says-no-resort-to-fuel-subsidy/amp/

FEDERAL GOVT AFFIRMS DEREGULATION, says NO RESORT TO FUEL SUBSIDY.

Govt to take position as OPEC meets

The Federal Government yesterday, affirmed its resolve to deregulate the downstream sector, stating that the country would no longer resort to subsidy or under-recovery if oil prices regain momentum.

If the government follows through the plan, Nigerians would begin to pay cost-reflective rates for petrol, using PPPRA’s monthly guide to NNPC and marketers on the appropriate pricing regime.

The Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mallam Mele Kyari, in a television programme monitored by The Guardian, yesterday, said the Corporation would just be another player in the downstream sector.

He said: “As at today, subsidy/under-recovery is zero. Going forward, there will be no resort to either subsidy or under-recovery of any nature. NNPC will just be another player in the market space. But we will be there for the country to sustain security of supply, at the cost of the market”...

Agenda 1 and 2 enforced. 3rd remaining.(see post above)
Our leaders really need to carry on with that 3rd part.
Then I shall begin to believe that they are making plans for a better tomorrow.
It's important to highlight that these moves are coming a bit too late. ...but better late than never.
More needs to be done though !!

I believe that the dual 'economic evil' of covid-19 and oil price slump will make most world leaders to sit up and seek ways to better their country.

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:31am On Apr 07, 2020
onegentleguy:
https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/business/federal-government-affirms-deregulation-says-no-resort-to-fuel-subsidy/amp/

FEDERAL GOVT AFFIRMS DEREGULATION, says NO RESORT TO FUEL SUBSIDY.

Govt to take position as OPEC meets

The Federal Government yesterday, affirmed its resolve to deregulate the downstream sector, stating that the country would no longer resort to subsidy or under-recovery if oil prices regain momentum.

If the government follows through the plan, Nigerians would begin to pay cost-reflective rates for petrol, using PPPRA’s monthly guide to NNPC and marketers on the appropriate pricing regime.

The Group Managing Director of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), Mallam Mele Kyari, in a television programme monitored by The Guardian, yesterday, said the Corporation would just be another player in the downstream sector.

He said: “As at today, subsidy/under-recovery is zero. Going forward, there will be no resort to either subsidy or under-recovery of any nature. NNPC will just be another player in the market space. But we will be there for the country to sustain security of supply, at the cost of the market”...

Agenda 1 and 2 enforced. 3rd remaining.(see post above)
Our leaders really need to carry on with that 3rd part.
Then I shall begin to believe that they are making plans for a better tomorrow.
It's important to highlight that these moves are coming a bit too late. ...but better late than never.
More needs to be done though !!

I believe that the dual 'economic evil' of covid-19 and oil price slump will make most world leaders to sit up and seek ways to better their country.

Selah

This is about the best news to have come out of this gov't in a long while.
...great move I must say.

This(together with the recent Naira devaluation or currency adjustment as the CBN prefers to call it) should help spur the much needed interest on the part of FDIs and FPIs.
...the later group will likely begin to realign their interest in the equities market. Especially when u consider that most assets are now ridiculously underpriced.

Contrarily though, its a negative for coys in the oil & gas space, as the absence of 'free money'(subsidy) bites into earnings. I expect to see a little more strain with contracting margins going forward.
I have since said that coys in the oil & gas sector should be avoided.
Except for MOBIL/11 PLC(where there's an expected MTO likely @ premium to market), other coys should be avoided.
particularly TOTAL and OANDO. ...the latter remains a value trap for us.

SELL !!

DISCLAIMER: NOT to be infered as any sought of recommendation. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

My advise: Pls follow ur instinct.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:32am On Apr 07, 2020
Bomboclad:
FBNH
27% YOY increase in PAT
38kobo dividend (vs 25kobo last year)

Mcy56....this is why today's volume was high; Thank you for highlighting this during today's trading.
Thank you too. smiley
The movement and the rate at which people were packing it was so suspicious in yesterday's trading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:41am On Apr 07, 2020
locodemy:
@ Mcy,
Now we can talk of making money @ fcmb in both capital appreciation and dividend.
Hope you are done loading?
Loco is fully done.
Lol. So you are no longer waiting at 1.10 junction again. grin
I know it can't get there na, they didn't do anything wrong than the fact that they paid same div as 2018 FYE. smiley
I already bought the little units I wanted to buy below 1.50 at the heat of the dumping. Think I mentioned it here too.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 07, 2020
Mcy56:

Lol. So you are no longer waiting at 1.10 junction again. grin
I know it can't get there na, they didn't do anything wrong than the fact that they paid same div as 2018 FYE. smiley
I already bought the little units I wanted to buy below 1.50 at the heat of the dumping. Think I mentioned it here too.

I have to check the general market trend and I discovered I will miss out if I bid lower.
There was wicked transactions at 1.41 and 43 ,45,47 few days ago.

That means we have return 100% (single portfolio)to the market waiting for possible breakout.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:48am On Apr 07, 2020
abuhusna1:
Please what is the dividends of wapco please as I see they submitted audited report today on nse
Dividend: N1.00

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 07, 2020
Coolcash can now have the opportunity to bail out of Wapco.

The journey to km 15 is still far when take a look at the audited result and corporate action that followed it.

Jijo is very good here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:54am On Apr 07, 2020
locodemy:
I have to check the general market trend and I discovered I will miss out if I bid lower.
There was wicked transactions at 1.41 and 43 ,45,47 few days ago.
That means we have return 100% to the market waiting for possible breakout
My eyes have been on fcmb and Ive been watching it thru the dumping periods, the price was defensive.
The least it went was 1.40/1.41 and immediately it touches that price it bounces back again. This happened repeatedly on few occasions it went below 1.50, so I just knew it wouldnt go too far from 1.50.
Anyway, let's see how it goes.....welcome back to the market. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 07, 2020
Mcy56:

My eyes have been on fcmb and Ive been watching it thru the dumping periods, the price was defensive.
The least it went was 1.40/1.41 and immediately it touches that price it bounces back again. This happened repeatedly on few occasions it went below 1.50, so I just knew it wouldnt go too far from 1.50.
Anyway, let's see how it goes.....welcome back to the market. grin

In the midst of covid-19,there is survival.
I think there will be money in circulation now to tackle this famine and inflation in the country.

Those in the stock market will gain first.
Hope you have eyes to see what I am seeing.....

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 07, 2020
Wicked Jijo on board.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5515) (5516) (5517) (5518) (5519) (5520) (5521) ... (7817) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Mfunkynation(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.