Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,834 members, 7,862,743 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11078341 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5538) (5539) (5540) (5541) (5542) (5543) (5544) ... (7818) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Northeastern: 4:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Kalu Aja is an Authority in Finance.

You can debate the Massage, but don't throw away the messenger.
Oga, the message is what I am debating.

I just checked the messenger and can conclude that he is not an authority in finance. That is someone with a disjointed career financial services. No one will pay him a dime for investment advice.

If you call that one an authority in finance, what will you call the MIT alum that is a regular on this thread? I know many other guys here that Kalu does not compare to professionally and otherwise. So, how did he become an authority?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Northeastern:

Oga, the message is what I am debating.

I just checked the messenger and can conclude that he is not an authority in finance. That is someone with a disjointed career financial services. No one will pay him a dime for investment advice.

If you call that one an authority in finance, what will you call the MIT alum that is a regular on this thread? I know many other guys here that Kalu does not compare to professionally and otherwise. So, how did he become an authority?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/kalu-aja-553a51

Nobody is in competition here, we are just sharing ideas.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by amNIGERIA: 4:53pm On Apr 11, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
Lovinwa:
Thank you Mcy56, I appreciate.
I use United Capital. I requested for their online platform and they told me to fill update forms ..... . I'm yet to send the forms as I recently did name change. I will try and get necessary documents as the surname on BVN has changed.
OK. Try and update your records as soon as possible so they can set you up on the trading platform to trade by yourself.
You may also open another account if you have enough fund.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
ndidigood:
ask for support for gospel outreach
Lol. Sis na you dey talk like this?
As a good observer, I've noticed that Nsempas don't assist when it comes to things like this. Everyone in need is a "scammer", they'll find one way or the other to avoid such and all gone mute. They can only flaunt and brag with millions. I hope they're not like this in their various neighbourhood and churches. tongue

Caveat: Just an observation o, like I used to observe stock behaviour. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
veecovee:
I don't do that, those who support my ministry do so willingly.
smiley ... I've been joking with you.
Good. At least not here. May God continue to send helpers to you to assist your ministry IJN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:43pm On Apr 11, 2020
Double post
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 7:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
Northeastern:
So Twitter is now the new authority of finance/economics lexicon. Go to investopedia and look up the specific meanings of those words and see how poor a job you did in rushing to make this post.

You qualified tbills with short term borrowing, but left bond and leverage.

How can qe be a buy and stimulus be a sell? Are you not aware that qe is a form of stimulus?
NorthEastern you get bad mouth o! shocked
You should have corrected him since you know better.
I wonder how many insults I /some of us would have received from OGG and few ogas here if they were like you, but they correct instead.
If I have kid brother that addresses people the way you do, I for dey beat non.sen.se out of his body ni. Lol. grin
Dear, learn how to address people properly, it can only do you good.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mills55:
She's a nice lady and selfless seriously
Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 8:22pm On Apr 11, 2020
dipoolowoo:
First Bank, United Capital, Others Enter Closed Period for Q1
https://businesspost.ng/economy/first-bank-united-capital-others-enter-closed-period-for-q1/
Q1 will soon start rolling in. smiley

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mcy56:

NorthEastern you get bad mouth o! shocked
You should have corrected him since you know better.
I wonder how many insults I /some of us would have received from OGG and few ogas here if they were like you, but they correct instead.
If I have kid brother that addresses people the way you do, I for dey beat non.sen.se out of his body ni. Lol. grin
Dear, learn how to address people properly, it can only do you good.

Mcy56 don't bother about NorthEastern, i am used to guys gbas! gbos! here.

Even Ugodre (nairametrics) won't say Kalu Aja is not an authority in finance.

Everything he said here is correct.
Bond= borrow
Leverage= Borrow
Short= sell
Long= buy
Quantitative Easing=Buy
Stimulus=spend
Shares=own
TBills=borrow short term
CD=lend to bank

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Q1 and Q2 results will be bad...stop hoping!

Even the banks will take a hit...most loans will default. Especially petroleum marketers and other manufacturers that are sitting on huge loans and businesses are yet to restart

I don't see much profit coming from Coy on the NSE for 2020. With Lockdown extension things could kick start in Q3-Q4

Hopefully Q4.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
stcool:

Even the banks will take a hit...most loans will default. Especially petroleum marketers and other manufacturers that are sitting on huge loans and businesses are yet to restart

I don't see much profit coming from Coy on the NSE for 2020. With Lockdown extension things could kick start in Q3-Q4

Hopefully Q4.

The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS ) has collected the sum of N338.1 billion revenue for January 2020 as against N620.2 billion tax target for the month.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/firs-collects-n338-1bn-revenue-in-january/

March and April will be bad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:45pm On Apr 11, 2020
Lockdown might be extended .

Cash is the king.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Cash is the king.

I have been saying it since last week. If you are yet to enter the market. Keep your CASH.

Things will get worst before normalcy returns. NSE is worst as CBN won't inject a penny. This is not FED!

The Govt is even recalling money from IMF...tells you the Govt is struggling with cash.

Next earning season is March 2021...tomorrow you see same people shouting, had I known!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:00pm On Apr 11, 2020
stcool:

I have been saying it since last week. If you are yet to enter the market. Keep your CASH.

Things will get worst before normalcy returns. NSE is worst as CBN won't inject a penny. This is not FED!

The Govt is even recalling money from IMF...tells you the Govt is struggling with cash.

Next earning season is March 2021...tomorrow you see same people shouting, had I known!

Winter is here
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 10:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 10:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mcy56:

Q1 will soon start rolling in. smiley

I doubt if any company except Banks wouldrelease good results Q1, We are yet to recover from border closure then Cash crunch and Covid 19 enters the scene..... I would see how the country would come back up and running
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by CashDiMkpa: 11:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
maishai:
I doubt if any company except Banks wouldrelease good results Q1, We are yet to recover from border closure then Cash crunch and Covid 19 enters the scene..... I would see how the country would come back up and running

Banks Q1 2020 results will be challenged by the cost of regulation by CBN: CRR, LDR, OMO/TBills Regulations etc. Restrictions to movement will help a bit because you must either use ATM or do online transaction where they can charge you more. Many of the branches are shut so expect serious savings on cost of operations etc diesel, fuelling of cars etc. Many will refuse to pay reimburse staff for increased use of data on online meetings etc.

Telecoms will smile all the way to the bank so watch out for Q1 of MTNN and AIrtel Nigeria businesses. They will be big winners.

Breweries can also be big winners as the most popular recreation in Nigeria which is consumption of alcoholic beverages is now elevated. Expect the usual suspects to benefit.

Cement and Building materials will feel a lot of the impact in Q1 and Q2 but expect quick pick up in sales and recovery once the lock down is relaxed.

Pharmaceutical stocks have received a lot of interest in last couple of weeks. I hope they do get a fair share of the monies donated for fighting COVID 19 within the country; Otherwise it will be a galore for drug importers. Unless the domestic PharmaCoys already have those drugs in production, dont expect to see any impact in Q1 and Q2.

Petroleum marketing is in a no win situation for now. Stay away from those stocks with the exception of that one that wants to delist if you are willing to wait through the capricious process of back and forth engagement with SEC.

Food and Packagingis okay. The front loaded demand for their goods should make even the strugglers like unilever look good. The gold medalist here by miles would be the makers of indomie noodles. They are quoted on one of the boards of NSE.

Which other sector sef?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jenny008: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hi all,

Is there any platform/app that is available to paper trade the NSE?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 12:55am On Apr 12, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

About 15 years ago, FBN paid dividend of N1.70k at a time when GTB and Zenith bank paid dividends of about 70k.

Now GTB and Zenith bank can pay dividends of N2.80k, while FBN paid less than 40k.

GTB made an income of less than N500 billion and converted N186 billion to profit after tax, while FBN made over N600 billion and converted less than N80 billion to profit after tax

Sir if I’m correct , fbn is a holding company so this profit just the bank or the whole holding company?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yom2(m): 12:55am On Apr 12, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Cash is the king.

if that happens then march on the streeets is very likely
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:02am On Apr 12, 2020
ebuka1997:

Sir if I’m correct , fbn is a holding company so this profit just the bank or the whole holding company?

The holding company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 12, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Cash is the king.

Already extended.
Covid-19 and oil bruhaha is also peaked.
More green despite lockdown extended.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 4:21am On Apr 12, 2020
I feel I should share this for the benefit of new members here who are entirely new to stocks. Please, just relax and stay sane else you will make irrational decisions regarding your investment when you read a few posts here.

Firstly, decide how you intend to invest in the market:

If you're in for long term(the Warren Buffet style), go and read the previous posts of emmanuelewumi
If you're in for short/mid/long term combined, go and read the previous posts of RabbidOracle and onegentleguy.
In conclusion, whatever your strategy is, create time to read the previous posts of the three contributors mentioned above and do some personal due diligence. Come up with a plan, follow it and avoid the noise! Remember, in life, some people make money while some make noise. It's all about choice!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Valueinvestor: 4:53am On Apr 12, 2020
stcool:

Hopefully Q4.
As value investors we love/embrace one or 2 bad quarters.That's just one of the ways bargains come directly to your feet grin

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:11am On Apr 12, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

It needs to break above 23,600 first [/b]and stay there to be sure it is a good signal.

RabbiDoracle:

[b]Break above 23,600
. If it starts to trade flat once above this level for an extended period(in weeks) without falling below it, then it means we passed the bottom (18K+). It shows that all indices worldwide must have done same.

Lots of stocks and indices are having the same pattern if you have noticed.

Dow closed at 23,719 on Friday.

At this level, I expect Dow to range between this point and 22,400 for an extended period of time as investors watch the virus peaking, progress of economic restart, injection of economic palliatives etc. So expect to see up today, down tomorrow or even flat. All within a defined range. The bottom has been cleared.

For NSE, I expect banks to lead the acceleration to clear off the lows. They will need to trade close to January 2020 high and stay there as investors watch what is happening around the world.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 12, 2020
stcool:

Hopefully Q4.

Just 1 week of closure in 9ja and you are saying all these will happen grin grin.

This is my 4th week on lockdown. Yet market dey trade well here.

Definitely an extended lockdown will affect business in Nigeria. But I don't think 9ja will lockdown for 4 weeks. A longer period of lockdown will lead to serious hunger and breakdown on societal security.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 6:30am On Apr 12, 2020
stcool:

Fed is even supplying cash to other countries to ease the dollar crunch in countries. These ones na country wey well o. So it is expected.

If you fear this one, wetin you go do when the main one comes as a result of this liquidity injections?

"The Fed is extending its currency exchange program to more central banks around the world"

https://www.cnbc.com/id/106451783?view=story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5538) (5539) (5540) (5541) (5542) (5543) (5544) ... (7818) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.