Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,749 members, 7,862,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11076820 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5577) (5578) (5579) (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) ... (7817) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 4:56am On Apr 21, 2020
Ehuatamuigunisi:
Hello investors,

I am still learning in stock investment.
I have in my mind medium and long term investment..

I bought Zenith and MTN already and still have money to buy more coys tomorrow.
My target is GTB, Dangcem and more Zenith.

With the upward trend now, is safe to buy at the current price or wait for downward movement.?

Gurus please respond

I think you need to be observing the trends

Btw you got your stock picks right
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 5:18am On Apr 21, 2020
DrAwo:

There is no law that prevents directors or members of the board from buying or selling shares of their company. They only need to inform the Sec and NSE when they do which is what happened in the releases that were publicised.

The law however prevents them from buying or selling shares in their company during sensitive periods e.g. When they are considering quarterly or audited reports. This is why there is a closed period around these events where those with privileged information can't buy or sell shares....

Hope this helps...

Regular employees however can buy the shares of the company they work for without informing the NSE or SEC.

I believe that's accurate
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:36am On Apr 21, 2020
Gains from investment in securities Note 18. These are Treasury bills, bonds etc.
lexy2lexy:

Does anyone have any info on this?

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 5:38am On Apr 21, 2020
Key management staff and Board members can use proxies to buy shares at anytime.
DexterousOne:

Regular employees however can buy the shares of the company they work for without informing the NSE or SEC.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BAMOFIN1: 8:14am On Apr 21, 2020
onegentleguy:

If u are in UACN, HOLD very tight and be overprotective of it.
...infact, be vigilant to massively ACCUMULATE more !!

The current huge offer is for the most part, "a mirrage".
Actual sellers are only very few.(those with eyes can see it)

In all, No point highlighting the good and inherent reward in the result.(keeping it for later)
...will be glad for it to come down in price, so some of us can accumulate much more.(note the part in bold)
I will SURELY utilize this great opportunity for good !!

These "plays" are sometimes a tradition in the "NSE room" wink cheesy grin
...but 'Mr TIME has a way of settling them'.

Selah

Dear Oga Onegentleguy, it not very satisfactory for you not to DIRECTLY address the issue of the competence, integrity and ultimate aim of the new investors of Uac as repeatedly mentioned by Mr. Emmanuelewumi while you continue to paint Uac as desirable. We all know that a management with ulterior motive and personal interest will soon decimate the interest of retail investors. Such managers render all analyses and assessment of fundamentals, such as yours, irrelevant. Pa Ewumi has opined that the new investors are self centred corporate raiders from the same stable as oando's former management whose sole interest is make profit from Uac for themselves and not to turnaround the company. Example was given of how their first act was to triple the salary of the manager. Sir, it is desirable for you and Mr Oakpearl to inform us whether you think the new investors are OK to achieve the dreamed Uac and whether you have factored in these concerns into your accumulation position.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kam045: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2020
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been finding difficult to access my Morgan Capital Group account since yesterday. I have reached out to morgan but nothing is forthcoming. Please could anyone be of help on this great forum?

Thanking you all for your anticipated assistance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 8:28am On Apr 21, 2020
Wti might drag Brent below $20 before the northern journey.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 8:46am On Apr 21, 2020
kam045:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been finding difficult to access my Morgan Capital Group account since yesterday. I have reached out to morgan but nothing is forthcoming. Please could anyone be of help on this great forum?

Thanking you all for your anticipated assistance.
You will only be able to log in after filling and sending all the necessary documents to them
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 8:49am On Apr 21, 2020
Oga Bamofin1, I do not think it is Oga OGG's responsibility to address any issue regarding the competence and integrity of the new owners of UACN. He has done very well to analyze the figures churned out by the company. He highlighted the risks and rewards and it is, therefore, the prerogative of anyone to either do further due diligence or not. That Pa Ewunmi has lent his voice to draw out for the attention of us all the link of the new management with certain characters who have not done very well themselves does not mean that anyone or everyone that has ever worked with the OandO boys must be bad.
BAMOFIN1:

Dear Oga Onegentleguy, it not very satisfactory for you not to DIRECTLY address the issue of the competence, integrity and ultimate aim of the new investors of Uac as repeatedly mentioned by Mr. Emmanuelewumi while you continue to paint Uac as desirable. We all know that a management with ulterior motive and personal interest will soon decimate the interest of retail investors. Such managers render all analyses and assessment of fundamentals, such as yours, irrelevant. Pa Ewumi has opined that the new investors are self centred corporate raiders from the same stable as oando's former management whose sole interest is make profit from Uac for themselves and not to turnaround the company. Example was given of how their first act was to triple the salary of the manager. Sir, it is desirable for you and Mr Oakpearl to inform us whether you think the new investors are OK to achieve the dreamed Uac and whether you have factored in these concerns into your accumulation position.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2020
Afon1:
Stop causing panic pls.

Panic ke...is like you don't know warris going on

This is how low Bonny light is...no single buyer yet!
grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by abuhusna1: 9:12am On Apr 21, 2020
stcool:

grin
Bro we understand what you mean but please let us think straight cos you are causing panic for real. Not every stock would be immediately affected. You may warn those with oil and gas first cis they will be the first to feel the heat rather than tell us all to sell sell as if NSE wants to crash

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:14am On Apr 21, 2020
stcool:

grin

Wahala dey oo..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:15am On Apr 21, 2020
Why is NSE close?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:16am On Apr 21, 2020
DexterousOne:

I think they have to inform their employers, who will inform NSE.

I have a friend who works in NSE, she said they are not allowed to invest on NSE. They can only invest in mutual funds, Treasury Bills, money market funds, bonds, Commercial papers. Their husbands, wives and children can invest in shares.

If they must invest on NSE, they must inform their employer. And the investment will be through a " blind trust", to be managed by a Trustees.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2020
abuhusna1:

Bro we understand what you mean but please let us think straight cos you are causing panic for real. Not every stock would be immediately affected. You may warn those with oil and gas first cis they will be the first to feel the heat rather than tell us all to sell sell as if NSE wants to crash
Smile
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ZikkyChops(m): 9:20am On Apr 21, 2020
TraDeRR:
Why is NSE close?
When was that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:21am On Apr 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

I think they have to inform their employers, who will inform NSE.

I have a friend who works in NSE, she said they are not allowed to invest on NSE. They can only invest in mutual funds, Treasury Bills, money market funds, bonds, Commercial papers. Their husbands, wives and children can invest in shares.

If they must invest on NSE, they must inform their employer. And the investment will be through a " blind trust", to be managed by a Trustees.

She is either telling you story story or she is not smart..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:22am On Apr 21, 2020
Let me be working in NSE and make I hear say I no invest in NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:22am On Apr 21, 2020
BAMOFIN1:

You don't have to call out anyone, he did a good job giving you an analysis of his expectations about UACN, you are expected to do your own due diligence.

You are expected to look at the pros and cons of your Investments in UACN and then make your own informed decisions.

From past experience, management who stops or reduces dividends payable to shareholders while they increase their own pay by over 200% in a bad business year, don't have the long term interests of the shareholders at heart.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:24am On Apr 21, 2020
ZikkyChops:

When was that

Lol sht! sorry my time.. Im 1 hour ahead..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:28am On Apr 21, 2020
TraDeRR:

She is either telling you story story or she is not smart..

That is the truth, you can do your findings.

With the blind trust managed by the Trustees, you don't trade online, you don't give purchase or sale mandates, you don't get dividends, you don't know the stock bought on your behalf. You only get you yearly performance of your investment at the end of the year and can make withdrawals.

Just as you don't know the stocks you Pension Fund Managers is buying for you in your retirement savings account
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:28am On Apr 21, 2020
I want to watch NSE film today.. yesterday was oil grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:30am On Apr 21, 2020
TraDeRR:
Let me be working in NSE and make I hear say I no invest in NSE

The policy was introduced by Onyema, workers of NSE used to buy shares when Ndi was in charge.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:30am On Apr 21, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

With the blind trust managed by the Trustees, you don't trade online, you don't give purchase or sale mandates, you don't get dividends, you don't know the stock bought on your behalf. You only get you yearly performance of your investment at the end of the year and can make withdrawals.

Just as you don't know the stocks you Pension Fund Managers is buying for you in your retirement savings account

Ok this is where the smartness comes in.. you are her friend right ?
Lol even Trump owns shares
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:32am On Apr 21, 2020
Sir, this is what is expected to happen but you can not be too sure that everyone adhere to this. One of my senior colleagues once told me about how he discovered that all his bosses were active investors in the NSE through blind trust companies. This was in the 70's.
emmanuelewumi:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:34am On Apr 21, 2020
rebekah2011:
Sir, this is what is expected to happen but you can not be too sure that everyone adhere to this. One of my senior colleagues once told me about how he discovered that all his bosses were active investors in the NSE through blind trust companies. This was in the 70's.

Lol na today yansh dey back ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 9:35am On Apr 21, 2020
Brent might trade below $20 today.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:36am On Apr 21, 2020
TraDeRR:

Wahala dey oo..

Exactly...but the guy wants me to paint a slight picture.

You are selling @$12 with no single buyer and its cost you about $30 to produce same barrel

Tell me where you are heading...recession is an understatement unless the unexpected happens!

Worst is our leaders don't even know warris happening... The governors are waiting for month end to rush to Abuja to share money. Until dey will hear no money one day!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 9:39am On Apr 21, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:39am On Apr 21, 2020
Trump turn caramel as indices crash not because TraDeRR got some positions in S&P but because himself got some positions.. ofc e no go use him name
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TraDeRR: 9:43am On Apr 21, 2020
stcool:

You are selling @$12 with no single buyer and its cost you about $30 to produce same barrel

Tell me where you are heading...recession is an understatement unless the unexpected happens!

Worst is our leaders don't even know warris happening... The governors are waiting for month end to rush to Abuja to share money. Until dey will hear no money one day!

Chai !
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Bomboclad: 9:44am On Apr 21, 2020
It actually cost between $12 and $16 in Nigeria to produce one barrel of oil, depending on location (land/shallow offshore) and company (indigenous/major).

stcool:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5577) (5578) (5579) (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) ... (7817) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kaykehin, emmaodet and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.