Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10875489 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) (5735) (5736) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 9:18pm On May 31, 2020
RabbiDoracle:

I pick the unprotected black rook on e4. If the black king doesn't pick the white rook on f6, then it means that the black wants to go for promotion of the black pawn on A file.

This move will be futile.

I didn't know the white king has to occupy D3 before the check. I thought the king has to be on C3.The black wouldn't win if that's the case but no experienced player would allow that. He must have anticipated that check earlier enough and must have moved the black rook away from the white king.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by billtommy(m): 9:46pm On May 31, 2020
Hello house, I wish to understand two things.

What determines the price movement of a particular stock in NSE? Asides from the general supply and demand laws. Mcy says frequently that a stocks needs a particular quantity for the price to move up or down. How do we access such information?

2. How does one find out the true value of a stock? I was told there are some kind of calculations for this. I think this would help to know stock that are undervalued and overvalued....hence guiding in making some investment decisions.

Over to you gurus, Sir OGG, mcy, Oracle.....please help.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 31, 2020
BAMOFIN1:
STOP LOSS: I will like to know whether members use stop loss in their NSE trading/jijo accounts. What percent do you set stop loss for jijo purpose and how disciplined are you at taking loss at the preset % if the undesired happens . Locodemy in one of his posts says he uses 10% stop loss. I will appreciate contributions from Mcy, Loco, et all on their experience with stop loss on NSE.

Does your trading platform support stop loss?
Mytradebook mobile app uses it while the web version does not.

You can place your stop loss order immediately you buy a stock at any % you want incase the stock starts loosing strength,your order will be executed at your stop loss?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:33pm On May 31, 2020
locodemy:

Does your trading platform support stop loss?
Mytradebook mobile app uses it while the web version does not.

You can place your stop loss order immediately you buy a stock at any % you want incase the stock starts loosing strength,your order will be executed at your stop loss?
Does meristem support that?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 11:40pm On May 31, 2020
Mcy56:

Lancee I don quit o. grin
Una go just dey look me and my update dey shake head and laugh. grin
Doesn't stop me from attending to some of the newbies enquiries anyway, na my group members be that.

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 1:09am On Jun 01, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Chibuking81(m): 7:43am On Jun 01, 2020
https://oilprice.com
Wonderful crude oil price heading to $40

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by talk2me2: 8:36am On Jun 01, 2020
TheAristocrat:
Okay.But wouldn't the share price of UACN be marked down after the unbundling?
When UBA unbundled Afriprud, Ucap & Afriland properties the share price of UBA was not marked down. Therefore the share price of UACN will not be marked down if they unbundle UPDC & UPDCREIT.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2020
fxuser:

Guinness Update
- weekly candle stick pattern is called morning star
- very obvious positive divergence on both the weekly RSI and MACD

Definition
Positive Divergence is bullish and occurs in a down trend when the price action prints lower lows that are not confirmed by the oscillating indicator. This indicates a weakness in the down trend as selling is less urgent or buyers are emerging. When the oscillator fails to confirm the lower lows on the price action, it can either makes higher lows, which is more significant (read more here: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/04/012804.asp)

Example:
See Unilever weekly also ,

- the weekly despite showing bearish weakness , still under the zero line but looking up
- a signal line crossover confirms a shift in momentum
- probability for further upside is higher than downside
-
(Peter mentioned this much earlier too)

#HappyNewMonth

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 9:23am On Jun 01, 2020
Chibuking81:
https://oilprice.com
Wonderful crude oil price heading to $40

well over 100% gains from yr low !
#WeMove
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 9:28am On Jun 01, 2020
fxuser:

- the weekly despite showing bearish weakness , still under the zero line but looking up
- a signal line crossover confirms a shift in momentum
- probability for further upside is higher than downside
-
(Peter mentioned this much earlier too)

#HappyNewMonth

Please how do you add indicators on the investing app..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 10:14am On Jun 01, 2020
Uchetoba:
Some Ogas right from the days of SMN admonished us to always buy things that if they don't poo they will vomit. But UACN right now is one outstanding stock that within the next 4 months, will poo, Vomit, pea 2 times and mess 2 times.

Where to poo = capital appreciation
Vomit = dividend from UACN
Pea 2x = the unbundling of UPDC & UPDCREIT
Mess 2x = Final dividend and interim dividend from UPDCREIT.
All these to happen in 4 months.
Be wise don't be left out.

talk2me2:
One of the secrets of the Billionaires that kept them getting richer is that
They invest in opportunities with limited risk and huge potential returns.
talk2me2:
Guy I from the very moment I saw this your post I quickly moved into research about UACN. Here are my findings:

UACN has 2,881,296,580 ordinary shares of 50k each.
UPDC has 18.462billion ordinary shares of 50k each after the right issue.
Accordig to reuters.com UACN now own 93.9% or 17.34 billion shares of UPDC. When UACN unbundles UPDC, the 17.34B shares will be alloted pro rata to the shareholders of uacn i.e 17.34b ÷ 2.88b = 6 shares of updc for 1 share of uacn held.

In addition, UPDCREIT has 2,668,269,500 units of N10 each.
UPDC own 61.5 % or 1,640,985,742 units of UPDCREIT.
And uacn own 93.9% or 1,540,885,611 units of updcreit.
the pro rata means 1.54b ÷ 2.88b = 0.53 unit for 1 share of uacn held. Now let's multiply 0.53 by 2 = 1.06 or 1 unit of updcreit for ever 2 shares of uacn.

SUMMARY
THEREFORE, FOR EVERY TWO SHARES OF UACN THAT SHAREHOLDER HAD THEY WILL RECEIVE ONE UNIT OF 10 NAIRA EACH OF UPDCREIT AND TWELVE SHARES OF UPDC AS BONUS SHARES.

OGA YOUR HEAD IS CORRECT. grin cheesy

I have already made UACN the 65 % of my portfolio, hoping to add more before the unbundlings finally take place in July.

We are making alot of money this year. grin grin grin

Uchetoba:
SOME BENEFITS OF BUYING UACN NOW.

Assuming one buys 1million shares of UACN @ N9, the total cost will be N9,000,000 + N180,000 (max. Comm.) = N9,180,000.

After the Unbundling of UPDC & UPDC REIT, the person will have
6,000,000 shares of UPDC x N0.80 = 4,800,000
500,000 shares of UPDC REIT x N3.5 = 1,750,000
1,000,000 shares of UACN X N9 = N9,000,000

When you add them together = N15,550,000.

Just from the unbundling alone I did not add the dividend that will come from UACN, the final and the interim dividend that is yet to be declared by UPDC REIT. Neither did I put into consideration the Capital Appreciations that will follow UACN & UPDC REIT before and after the unbundling.

All these benefits just within the next 4 months.

A Stitching Time Saves Nine
The unbundling Project by UACN can be explain with the parable of the kingdom. Matt. 13 : 45 - 46. (I paraphrase).

45. Again, investing in UACN in this era of unbundling of UPDC and UPDC REIT is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:

46. Who, when he had found one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

July is only a month away. Many will cry had I know for failing to recognize their opportunity to multiply their capital through this project.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thebargainhunte: 10:41am On Jun 01, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:41am On Jun 01, 2020
onegentleguy:

NEIMETH has now returned approx 200% gain from the time we called it out here @ 38k !! cool
...yet it appears unready to "rest on its laurel".

We think that a 230 to 279% gain is feasible in the near term.
However, all those in might gradually consider booking their profit in line with their investment personality, horizon and goal.

It is well.

cc: @ OBAGADAFFI, Chibjohn, Charlesnipy and others.

NEIMETH now trading for N1.24, up by approx 9.7% and on full bid !!
...should it close at that N1.24 price, it would translate to an over 225% gain from the call @ 38k.

Something might be brewing here !!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 1kinggy(m): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2020
Uchetoba:

The unbundling Project by UACN can be explain

July is only a month away. Many will cry had I know for failing to recognize their opportunity to multiply their capital through this project.

Looks like there's an agenda on this UACN/UPDC unbundling. By now, people that want in are already in. It'd be good to let uninterest investors put their money where they are comfortable and save the thread this touting.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:47am On Jun 01, 2020
onegentleguy:
There has been a reoccurance of mergers/aquisation or takeover/buyout and follow-up delisting of some quoted companies on the NSE bourse.
Over the yrs, the likes of NBC, BAGCO, IHS, CAPPA & D'ALBERTO, OASIS INSURANCE, CRUSADER INSURANCE, 7-UP, ASHAKA CEMENT, AVON CROWN CAPS, DIAMOND BANK, NEWREST ASL, DANGOTE FLOUR, CONTINENTAL RE, 1ST ALUMINIUM and most recently AG LEVENTIS to mention just a few, have either undergone a merger, aquisation or takeover/buyout. ...with the last 6 all brokered in less than a year !!
However, I think we might see a few more in the not-so-distant future.

Given the current position of their financial print(balance sheet position in view) in relation to their present equity prices, the following coys could be future candidates for a merger, aquisation or take over/buy out:

NEIMETH PHARMACEUTICALS, CHAMS, FO, GLAXOSMITHKLINE NIG, COURTVILLE, TRANEX(trans-nationwide express), UNIONDAC, PZ and BERGER PAINTS PLC.

Why?

1st off, is to ascertain if there are doubts surrounding the survival of these companies, so one doesn't lose their money taking(early) positions in them. And next, is to look in on their current earnings capacity, then gauge its relative sustainability over time.

On that line, keeping a tag on their OHLSONS O-SCORE(a key financial tool used to forecast if a company could go bankrupt), I see them remaining as a going concern. ...which makes them attractive candidates for 'external forces'(investors) who could bid to take them on at a cheap and turn them around.

...and using the EPP(earnings persistence approach: a valuation technique used to predict how often the earnings return of a coy will likely continue to reoccur over time after raking-off risk), I see a higher probability that any take over/buy out(should they occur) will be priced @ great premiums to their current market prices.
With some, at potential premiums of near 105% ROI !!

I particularly like the 1st 5.

On a side note, a few coys in the financial services sector, particularly the INSURANCE segment 'could also be up for grabs'... so watch that space !!

CAVEAT: This piece is only intended to look at quoted coys with chances of a merger, aquisation or takeover/buy out.
...it is NO licence to any sought of recommendation !!

My advise: Always do well to follow ur instinct.

A reminder to the past post above.
...which was the 1st time I decided to give some attention to certain coys, including NEIMETH.
Of the listed companies, only UNIONDAC has announced a proposal for a MTO(buyout) to minority shareholders @ 35k after I put up the post. Which was a near 75% yield from the coys low of 20k at the time the announcement was made.
...more coys may likely follow this path in future.

NOTE: This should never be interpreted as an advise to align with any of the aforementioned companies. Except for the thing about value-driven potential given their fundamental stance, I do not know anything else about these coys.
...due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

My advise? Follow ur instinct.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 11:15am On Jun 01, 2020
Nestle don become gold now...
Ontop full bid for a week...
Second week starts on the same full bid...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2020
onegentleguy:

...should it close at that N1.24 price, it would translate to an over 225% gain from the call @ 38k.

Bros with that loot already you are still expecting more....na wa o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:17am On Jun 01, 2020
IMPORTANT NOTICE

I have been reliably informed that the UBA group has decided to make an early bond redemption on its fixed rate subordinated note(1st series), which was initially due for maturity in Dec, 2021.
...the early call date has been slated for June 30th 2020.

In retrospect, the bank will pay off all holders of the said bond their principal plus stipulated accrued interest(prorated @ 16.45% coupon rate) on the 30th of June and call off the bond series.
...thereafter, there shall no longer be any outstanding left of the series and it shall longer qualify to be re-issued.
The option for an early call was clearly stated in the bond prospectus, and so should not come as any surprise to the holders.

This is a great move from UBA.
2 clear benefits for the bank;

1) Conservation and growth of its capital through reduced CoF.
This is absolutely necessary given the decelerating yield environment in recent times at the back of the strain on the Naira from macro-economic challenges.
...in retrospect, the bank is looking to ensure that it can reproduce more from every Naira investment by pruning down attached cost.

2) To ensure that the banks recent growth trajectory is maintained and shielded from current global realities to avoid a dislocation in earnings and/or pressure in AsY/AsQ.

So the move makes a lot of sense. ...it also highlights the degree of the banks financial strength.

It is well.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 11:55am On Jun 01, 2020

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Uchetoba: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
Uchetoba:
UACN SETS JULY 2020 TIME FRAME FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE UNBUNDLING PROJECT.
I have used every means possible to explain this very project, so that nobody will come here tomorrow to tell us that they were not informed, misinformed or that they were confused about the whole thing. That that was why they missed out on the project.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nna777: 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
Market has finish today @Dansugar. We are looking for the person that locked the door. Check tomorrow We will surely bring the spare key to open again grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hmmm JAPOIL, 40billion profit (hope this is not audio income o).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2020
nna777:
Market has finish today @Dansugar. We are looking for the person that locked the door. Check tomorrow We will surely bring the spare key to open again grin grin grin.

Some of the "N member family" have also locked their doors. wink cheesy grin
NESTLE, NEIMETH and NAHCO.
With 1 or 2 of them, the door may not even be opened tomorrow.
For the other 1 though, the day after tomorrow might see the door reopened wide with some folks looking to jump off from the window. wink cheesy grin

#setasidethedivyield
#thereareprojectedposibleneartermdrawbackonnahco
#knowwhentoexit

Selah

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:25pm On Jun 01, 2020
onegentleguy:
IMPORTANT NOTICE

I have been reliably informed that the UBA group has decided to make an early bond redemption on its fixed rate subordinated note(1st series), which was initially due for maturity in Dec, 2021.
...the early call date has been slated for June 30th 2020.

In retrospect, the bank will pay off all holders of the said bond their principal plus stipulated accrued interest(prorated @ 16.45% coupon rate) on the 30th of June and call off the bond series.
...thereafter, there shall no longer be any outstanding left of the series and it shall longer qualify to be re-issued.
The option for an early call was clearly stated in the bond prospectus, and so should not come as any surprise to the holders.

This is a great move from UBA.
2 clear benefits for the bank;

1) Conservation and growth of its capital through reduced CoF.
This is absolutely necessary given the decelerating yield environment in recent times at the back of the strain on the Naira from macro-economic challenges.
...in retrospect, the bank is looking to ensure that it can reproduce more from every Naira investment by pruning down attached cost.

2) To ensure that the banks recent growth trajectory is maintained and shielded from current global realities to avoid a dislocation in earnings and/or pressure in AsY/AsQ.

So the move makes a lot of sense. ...it also highlights the degree of the banks financial strength.

It is well.
Reliable on this top one kwa?

It is in the public domain na
https://vrs.africaprudential.com/l?d=hCpqyfYgTkmWAF_Y_dzmzvX5IFg93GNp7vS9EkcYeDILoHt2pADu_YWj4vda6boGRJlBowVaWBIX20QOyi045A,,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2020
dharpzee:
Hmmm JAPOIL, 40billion profit (hope this is not audio income o).
esp of #6 plus....can this be real
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:31pm On Jun 01, 2020
handsomebolanle:

Please how do you add indicators on the investing app..

found dis on google search :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-pP5PWHns

hope it helps

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
bigjay01:

Reliable on this top one kwa?

It is in the public domain na
https://vrs.africaprudential.com/l?d=hCpqyfYgTkmWAF_Y_dzmzvX5IFg93GNp7vS9EkcYeDILoHt2pADu_YWj4vda6boGRJlBowVaWBIX20QOyi045A,,

I had used the phrase "reliably informed" because I believe in the source that passed the information to me(via a chat), but could not lay hand on any link to it, though I was aware of the said bond.

Thanks for the link though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by handsomebolanle: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2020
fxuser:

found dis on google search :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl-pP5PWHns

hope it helps

Thanks boss
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by fxuser: 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
onegentleguy:

Just wow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DeRuggedProf: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
Heishere:

Baba break down your parables abeg. I'm in Japaul bus and would like to know what you are talking about.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5730) (5731) (5732) (5733) (5734) (5735) (5736) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Harshreality, beejay1(m), SAK and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.