Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (5858) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10881196 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5855) (5856) (5857) (5858) (5859) (5860) (5861) ... (7752) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by modgba: 4:18am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nosa2(m): 4:55am On Jul 09, 2020
arduino:

shocked shocked shocked
Oga Nosa post can only signifies one sure thing........I dey enter market tomorrow with every kobo I can lay my hands on.

I'm not looking at Nigeria right now, thou I have to admit, caverton is tempting.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 6:03am On Jul 09, 2020
Bjrokenhear003:

Lmao I no quote textbook and I no vex, Na market we Dey try analyze naa

But what I was trying to tell you is that the selling pressure becomes worse when a company issues bonus shares and some people sell theirs immediately dragging down the price, panic grows in other investors mind, making them sell their bonus issue and some of their portfolio and it drags it down more, next coy qtr result wasn’t close to expectation, Na GOBE JOIN

The only way the MPS won’t fall is if their PE ratio is high, so it’s would be an additional advantage having such shares for free Instead of dividend because I know with the cash the company is retaining, they can increase their PAT and it won’t drag the EPS down south

Imagine amazon doing bonus issue I won’t sell mine because I know it will grow further and another coy with unstable earnings

Agreed. We are both saying exactly the same thing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aquilapriscilla: 8:45am On Jul 09, 2020
fxuser:

many things better th
Thanks for the response, can I send a pm? I would like to know more.
I apologise for derailing the thread.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by godlyguy(m): 8:58am On Jul 09, 2020
https://businesspost.ng/banking/access-bank-holds-merger-talks-with-another-bank/

The bull on ACCESS BANK in the coming days will be second to NONE

THE BIG SMART GUY

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:59am On Jul 09, 2020
Bjrokenhear003:

Lmao I no quote textbook and I no vex, Na market we Dey try analyze naa

But what I was trying to tell you is that the selling pressure becomes worse when a company issues bonus shares and some people sell theirs immediately dragging down the price, panic grows in other investors mind, making them sell their bonus issue and some of their portfolio and it drags it down more, next coy qtr result wasn’t close to expectation, Na GOBE JOIN

The only way the EPS won’t fall is if their PE ratio is high, so it’s would be an additional advantage having such shares for free Instead of dividend because I know with the cash the company is retaining, they can increase their PAT and it won’t drag the EPS down south

Imagine amazon doing bonus issue I won’t sell mine because I know it will grow further and another coy with unstable earnings

Both of u are actually saying the same thing but using different perspectives.
Yes ur right about the fact that a script/bonus issue may not impact the EPS of a coy that much, but perhaps u haven't put it out in a more explicit light.
In practice, the EPS= net income(NI)/weighted average of OS... and not just NI/OS
So no doubt, the issuance of a script affects(inverse variation) the distributable earnings(EPS/EM in view)... but it will be wrong to infer this as the sole reason for it.
Oftentimes, the degree of impact will depend on how well a coys profit margin(net income) measures against what it can offer to its common equity holders(OS in view) at the time.

The numerator of that formula(NI) is the biggest driver of EPS. ...if it grows faster than the WA of OS at the time of consideration, then there'll be no need to fret. How?
See if the coy is growing REVENUE/SALES faster than its COST LINE. The former can be seen from looking at the broader economy(top-down approach) and how it affects the demand curve for its services while the latter looks at how well management can optimize cost.(see the 5 yr review of JB posted by Dr. Awo)
Also, if a coy has lower need for funding(capex in view) and better cash flow, then expect NI to remain relatively stable post script issuance.

Again, the denominator(WA of OS), which is where there are concerns is sometimes exaggerated. ...how?
The weighted average of a coys common stock post bonus issuance can sometimes be less than the assumed estimate, so the total OS may not be enough to offset the NI line(assuming it remains constant) and cause a remarkable drop in EPS.
...a brief;
Assuming a coy X with an OS of 1B issued a bonus of 1 for 5, then post exercise, total OS can only be 1.2B(i.e 1/5x1B + 1B) if the said issuance was made to reflect at the beginning of the coys financial reporting calender yr. ...otherwise it would be less !!
If the issuance was made to reflect mid-way through its financial yr, then the OS has to mirror the actual WA. ...that is; 6 months for 1B OS and the remaining 6 months for the 1.2B OS... so WA of OS= 6/12(1B) + 6/12(1.2B)= 1.1B and NOT the initially assumed 1.2B.
So unless there is a wide drop in NI, the EPS can only witness a lesser degree of impact.

The truth is; investors will often tend to sell off after a script/bonus issuance... including those who may not have done their homework well.(even exiting at a loss)
But ur concern should be on how to get some reward from such equity. There is way to play such stocks.
...u sell into the hype that comes with the issuance, then look to play the contrarian and buy back into the fear that follows thereafter.
JULIUS BERGER presented that opportunity 2 days ago.
Note that an appreciable knowledge in FA and TA is needed to succeed better.

On a side note, that part in bold is erroneous. ...it might cause u a costly mistake.
It's best to use the EPS to look in on a coys PE... but NOT the PE to adjudge its EPS.
...that way, u can adjust ur investment strategy to seek a better time value for ur money at any given time.

Disclosure: I currently do not hold JB in any portfolio under my watch.
NOT an investment advice. ...due diligence still applies as always.

My advise: Just follow ur instinct.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 9:14am On Jul 09, 2020
godlyguy:
https://businesspost.ng/banking/access-bank-holds-merger-talks-with-another-bank/

The bull on ACCESS BANK in the coming days will be second to NONE

THE BIG SMART GUY
Una don start again oh. Abeg no any bull joor
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2020
Its like Dangote Cement wants to take over WAPCO

...probably a deal soon

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jejebabaa: 10:19am On Jul 09, 2020
nosa2:
It seems gold have go!!!!!
Oga Nosa, are u still bearish in Naira or u are now fully invested in NSE
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:24am On Jul 09, 2020
This market has a mind of its OWN... See GREENLAND... Wetin I sabi sef... This one oga big smart guy post about ACCESS BANK like this seems him and his team wan PUMP am grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:25am On Jul 09, 2020
stcool:
Its like Dangote Cement wants to take over WAPCO

...probably a deal soon
That one go sweet oooo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zionaigbokhan: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2020
Good Morning all, I'm wondering what to do with my Access bank? It's too sluggish.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:32am On Jul 09, 2020
zionaigbokhan:
Good Morning all, I'm wondering what to do with my Access bank? It's too sluggish.
You eh... Well let the ogas and madams in the house come online... One of them mentioned ACCESS BANK this morning sha grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2020
zionaigbokhan:
You're not serious. grin
Donate it to charity nah.....at least they'll pray for you. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:42am On Jul 09, 2020
BullBearMkt:
...Equally important!
grin grin grin grin grin
Wisdom. It's alright sir. grin
Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 09, 2020
Focusing on the duo.

If fidelity is able to break that stubborn offers at 1.80,what will stop it to close above 1.90 today?

Fcmb is still battling with a stubborn offer at 1.95,If it can't break it like fide did,there is tendency fidelity will match price with it today.

Still looking bullish on the duo.wicked one jare.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:46am On Jul 09, 2020
Mpeace:
Chill. Reality is gradually beginning to set in. By the end of July without the said unbundling, yawa go gas...
Classmate, you're so pessimistic about UACN.
If I may ask, what if the unbundling happens by July ending, what do you think might happen? Just want to know your view as a senior student. smiley

As for megawealth, when there was issue with UACN, it never touch N2, we're waiting for you to see the type of 'sin' that will take it to N2 just because of unbundling. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:53am On Jul 09, 2020
adebanjo1100:
Which one person still fit buy
Buy Zenith. If it falls lower get ready to average it down.
Watch your entry....maybe from 16.20 if it gets there......they actually sold 16 earlier before bouncing back to 16.60.
Do your DD before diving into it, don't come here and mention me if it doesn't go according to your plan, na you ask me wetin to buy o. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2020
locodemy:
Focusing on the duo.
If fidelity is able to break that stubborn offers at 1.80,what will stop it to close above 1.90 today?
Fcmb is still battling with a stubborn offer at 1.95,If it can't break it like fide did,there is tendency fidelity will match price with it today.
Still looking bullish on the duo.wicked one jare.
Fidelity broke the 1.80 already......let's see how the movement goes......
Still watching fcmb's 1.95 stubborn offer ....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:01am On Jul 09, 2020
*Edited*
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 09, 2020
Mcy56:

Edited
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 09, 2020
Mcy56:

Optimism fully renewed in fidelity.
No doubt,fcmb will soon bow to his senior bros to have the lead.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 11:14am On Jul 09, 2020
locodemy:

Optimism fully renewed in fidelity.
No doubt,fcmb will soon bow to his senior bros to have the lead.

later it will re-overtake its senior brother again and the circle continues

...Loco and monkey hunting theory grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:17am On Jul 09, 2020
I have saved money for uacn just incase it touches km2 or km3 grin
Mcy56:

Classmate, you're so pessimistic about UACN.
If I may ask, what if the unbundling happens by July ending, what do you think might happen? Just want to know your view as a senior student. smiley

As for megawealth, when there was issue with UACN, it never touch N2, we're waiting for you to see the type of 'sin' that will take it to N2 just because of unbundling. tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:18am On Jul 09, 2020
Zenith gradually trailing GTB behind.

DD applies still.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:19am On Jul 09, 2020
stcool:

later it will re-overtake its senior brother again and the circle continues

...Loco and monkey hunting theory grin grin grin
Las Las fcmb will always lead fidelity na
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:19am On Jul 09, 2020
megawealth01:
I have saved money for uacn just incase it touches km2 or km3 grin
Good luck!
You will still shift your goal post again. grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:20am On Jul 09, 2020
Mcy56:

Good luck!
You will still shift your goal post again. grin
Na normal thing na but not at km5-7 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2020
megawealth01:
Na normal thing na but not at km5-7 grin
Lol. Noted.
15th July is around the corner. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Heishere: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 09, 2020
I am sure the guy selling fidelity at 1.81 when there are lots of bids at 1.80 is not trading by himself.

This must be a handwork of a cheating broker who is taking advantage of price.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by S007: 11:31am On Jul 09, 2020
zionaigbokhan:

Bros do u have anointing oil? Use it and bind the devil commot for ur mind. Don't mind me o. This is serious joke ooooo grin

Most banks seems to be riding on bull since beginning of the week. You may want to hold and see what happens. You may consider putting a stop loss.

Pls do your DD oooo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5855) (5856) (5857) (5858) (5859) (5860) (5861) ... (7752) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Wiseadebiye, easysunny(m), Krisuba, FreeStuffsNG, xezoid(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.