Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10901532 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6127) (6128) (6129) (6130) (6131) (6132) (6133) ... (7756) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 3:21pm On Nov 27, 2020
Different bad news but asi keeps going up every day

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 3:41pm On Nov 27, 2020
debeey87:
Has uac prop released any statement regarding qualification date for the REITs unbundling after their court ordered meeting?

13/11/2020 as per scheme document.

that one passed me by. Would have a been a smart play to get some via UPDC
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 4:37pm On Nov 27, 2020
ebuka1997:
As in ehn. It tire me oh ... sad undecided
https://m.guardian.ng/business-services/gtbank-posts-n167-4-billion-pbt-in-q3/amp/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jochez15: 5:05pm On Nov 27, 2020
Mcy56:

Do you mean "cut down their loss in Q3 compared to Q2"....and not last year?

Anyway, Unilever still needs to do something about their huge expenses, it's chopping too deep into their profits.
If they can successfully do this, it will translate to improved results and price appreciation over time.

Are you trying to ask if you should buy or not?
Yes,
I wanted to buy at 13.00, but decided to wait small. Is the current price of 13.75 still good entry point?
If no,bwhat other sound stocks can you suggest?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:17pm On Nov 27, 2020
Jochez15:

Yes,
I wanted to buy at 13.00, but decided to wait small. Is the current price of 13.75 still good entry point?
I once left UNILEVER that I bought @18+ only to sell @66+ three years later... UNILEVER na my sure bet anyday angry cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2020
megawealth01:
I once left UNILEVER that I bought @18+ only to sell @66+ three years later... UNILEVER na my sure bet anyday angry cheesy

Interesting to know
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DexterousOne(m): 6:53pm On Nov 27, 2020
ebuka1997:

We dont understand what is going on anymore in the markets
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by debeey87(m): 7:57pm On Nov 27, 2020
bigjay01:

14/10/2020 as per prospectus.

that one passed me by. Would have a been a smart play to get some via UPDC

Thanks. Have to go check my purchase date very well. If you can, pls post an extract of the date
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by smitten99: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2020
DexterousOne:

We dont understand what is going on anymore in the markets

Ripple effects of circuit breaker still felt

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 12:22am On Nov 28, 2020
debeey87:

Thanks. Have to go check my purchase date very well. If you can, pls post an extract of the date

Please ignore the date I quoted earlier (pls edit the post where you quoted my earlier post so one is misled).

See attached

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 6:47am On Nov 28, 2020
bigjay01:

Please ignore the date I quoted earlier (pls edit the post where you quoted my earlier post so one is misled).

See attached

Missed this one.

I would have increased my holdings in UPDC.....

Anyway, I expect UPDC to rally at appropriate time.....Custodian is really upto something good.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:11pm On Nov 28, 2020
bigjay01:

See attached

Waiting for UACN to announce their unbundling plan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 2:42pm On Nov 28, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

me too... I go load am too grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Are you sure of that? After the unbundling of UPDC, UACN will get about 700 million units of UPDC REIT shares. Which I pray they will give to UACN shareholders
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Are you sure of that? After the unbundling of UPDC, UACN will get about 700 million units of UPDC REIT shares. Which I pray they will give to UACN shareholders

Is this possible?

UACN that like free cash flow
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:37pm On Nov 28, 2020
ukay2:

Is this possible?

UACN that like free cash flow

It will give an annual dividend of just N400 million to UACN, they should be able allocate the shares to shareholders on a pro-rated basis
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Amen to that
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2020
Pls someone should help me with the E dividend links of Firstregistrars, datamax and veritas
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

UACN has successfully sold 51%, I believe they will settle shareholders.

UPDC have fullfiled their own part.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:55pm On Nov 28, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

UACN has successfully sold 51%, I believe they will settle shareholders.

UPDC have fullfiled their own part.

UACN still has 45% of UPDC, used to own 96% before the sale of 51% to Custodian Investment
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 8:05pm On Nov 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

UACN still has 45% of UPDC, used to own 96% before the sale of 51% to Custodian Investment

Yes, they might sell the 45% very soon.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Yes, they might sell the 45% very soon.

For now they are qualified for about 700 million units of UPDC REIT shares
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

For now they are qualified for about 700 million units of UPDC REIT shares

Will these units of UPDC REIT will be distributed to shareholders?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by longlife20: 10:39pm On Nov 28, 2020
Mcy56:

Boss, I'm still trying to figure it out.

Now: For 7units, 10 will be added = 243% increase.

Bonus: For instance: 100,000 units will become 243,000units
Reconstruction: 243,000 / 4 = 60,750units
Price: Will be reviewed up ...................after reconstruction price is what's still a bit confusing to me........

...........but how did you arrive at N2 in the first place? This should throw mor9e light on it.

Make Una no mind my calculations o, correct if im wrong........ grin

For every 7 shares, you get extract 17shares making a total of 24shares.
The total authorised shares was N5.25billion ( 10.5billion shares before) and
the newly created shares is 25.5billion. if you add the new created and the existing shares it will give you 36billion. ( The authorised share capital of the Company be and is hereby increased from N5,250,000,000 to N18,000,000 (36billion shares), by the creation of additional 25.5billion ordinary shares of N0.50K each.)
After reconstruction, it will (36billion/4)=9billion against the previous 10,5billion shares.
But the nominal value of previous share was 50k that is NGN5.25billion after reconstructiin the nominal value will be NGN2 that is (2*9billion) which will be NGN18billion.
Assuming you bought 7shares now and you get extract 17 shares making a total of 24shares which normally will be at nominal value of 50K, so that will NGN12 after reconstruction the 24shares/4 will turn 6shares but the nominal vaue will now NGN2, which will give you the same value 6*2=NGN12.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ukay2: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Am waiting to see what UACN will do with these 700 millions units of UPDC-REIT shares from UPDC unbundling
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:18am On Nov 29, 2020
OBAGADAFFI:

Pray they will follow their Church mind
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2020
megawealth01:
Pls someone should help me with the E dividend links of Firstregistrars, datamax and veritas
Here:
https://sec.gov.ng/public-notice-the-e-dividend-mandate-activation-forms-of-various-registrars-are-now-available-for-download/

Verification of unclaimed dividend:
http://sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:41am On Nov 29, 2020
longlife20:
For every 7 shares, you get extract 17shares making a total of 24shares.
The total authorised shares was N5.25billion ( 10.5billion shares before) and
the newly created shares is 25.5billion. if you add the new created and the existing shares it will give you 36billion. ( The authorised share capital of the Company be and is hereby increased from N5,250,000,000 to N18,000,000 (36billion shares), by the creation of additional 25.5billion ordinary shares of N0.50K each.)
After reconstruction, it will (36billion/4)=9billion against the previous 10,5billion shares.
But the nominal value of previous share was 50k that is NGN5.25billion after reconstructiin the nominal value will be NGN2 that is (2*9billion) which will be NGN18billion.
Assuming you bought 7shares now and you get extract 17 shares making a total of 24shares which normally will be at nominal value of 50K, so that will NGN12 after reconstruction the 24shares/4 will turn 6shares but the nominal vaue will now NGN2, which will give you the same value 6*2=NGN12.
Thanks for this breakdown.
Like earlier mentioned, after-reconstruction price is the issue....
Are you saying the price will be N12?
Remember your 7 shares are the ones that later translate to 6 after reconstruction.

I also think the after-reconstruction price can't be N2......considering Sunu's after reconstruction price (from 20k to N1) .......but I don't think it can be N12 either, maybe N8 or thereabouts.
The issue is, that price will be beating down much lower again........this is the way I see it, I may be wrong.

Let's say 7 units of Mansard at current price is : 7 X N2.34 = N16.38

After reconstruction: 6 X N8 = N48. (Not sure of the price though)

I think it's profitable but then, we are not sure of the price and if you will be able to sell at that price cos insurance generally have low patronage.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mcy56(f): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2020
Jochez15:
Yes,
I think 13 is okay for Unilever.
The loss position seems to have been priced in already, more reason the share price wasn't seen on a free fall after Q3 was out coupled with the general positive momentum in the market.
Their Q3 wasn't fantastic either, though I didn't read their reasons for the huge admin and promo expenses BUT considering the sector Unilever belongs to, (Consumer Product), planned opening of border, foreign participation and the positive sentiments the stock enjoys, I think 12-13 has formed support and current price seems ok for it............except there's general downturn in the market.
-- Just be ready to be patient....... Remember this is strictly my opinion.

As for other sound stocks, there are quite a lot on the exchange and they've been mentioned here times without number.......The F. U. G. A. Z are among.
What you should be concerned about is your entry price also. If you have deep pocket and ready to average down, then you can be picking in tranches. Year end is approaching and no one can accurately predict/time the market. Do your Due Diligence too.
Try and read some pages of this thread back to see others. Also find time to read more pages cos you needed basic knowledge at least.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:45am On Nov 29, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6127) (6128) (6129) (6130) (6131) (6132) (6133) ... (7756) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.