Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,640 members, 7,851,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11031436 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (7804) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cuteboy2: 12:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
Processor01:

I believe that besides the several external factors that may impact the price of a stock, the market basically functions under the rules of demand and supply.

WEMA bank is not a favourite for most traders and investors, hence, the little or no effect of demand and supply on its share price.

WEMA is a sentimental stock. People glance at it once in a while because their grandfather's retirement account is domiciled there.

If you want serious return on a banking stock when market recovers after elections, and assurance that current slide in oil price, and declining exchange rate will not severely erode the bank's balance sheet, preventing div payments, take a close look at Tier-1 banks (First Bank, GTB & Zenith).

If you have a little more risk appetite in same banking sector, look at Diamond and Skye.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 17, 2015
FrankTalk1:
The bear is growing horns.

What is this man saying? When peeps are scalping grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cuteboy2: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2015
Akinmail:
[Joysmart]And you saying you're certain is very amusing

undecided

Oml 4, Oml 38, Oml 41 and Oml 53 are not that worthless.
And then some gas is on the way in the nearest future.

How much a company is expected to make going forward is what determines pricing.
Even if oil gets to 10 dollars per barrels (which might not happen in the next 2 years at least )

There's still quite huge value in those assets.

For a oil company you can actually do almost accurate financial calculation.
Work with the proven reserves for starters and the ONLY variable you have is oil prices. You can calculate how much you expect next year's financial statement to be.

Oh I forgot to mention Seplat also has this tax break situation going on. I don't know all the details about the tax break but it's like it's for a period of 5 years.

Say No Tax.

Gbam!!!
I like the way you look at the underlying factors driving SEPLAT. People think it is a petroleum marketer.
SEPLAT is the real McCoy. What Oando is trying to become.

Upstream E&P is pure play, devoid of the drama and malfeasance of subsidy in downstream.

Even if oil price stagnates at sub $40/bbl, SEPLAT will still pay handsome returns.
They have topped 70k bbl/day last year and are currently hovering. Recently snapped up OML 52/53 from Chevron.

Valuation at IPO without the Chevron assets was over N600.
SEPLAT can easily do 100k bbl/day in 18-24 months. And that is nothing to sniff at.

This stock will easily price higher than Nestle in in 18-24 months.

** Hope someone is listening **
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 17, 2015
^^We have a mini bull and d monkey hunting has begun...chai grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Aks(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
I entered Oando this morning @ N12.91 and it's making a lot of sense. A diamond bank entry @ less than N3.64 will be a good 1 too, i entered Diamond few mins ago @ N3.57, finger XXXX
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 1:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
Aks:
I entered Oando this morning @ N12.91 and it's making a lot of sense. A diamond bank entry @ less than N3.64 will be a good 1 too, i entered Diamond few mins ago @ N3.57, finger XXXX

Nice one
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cuteboy2: 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
Aks:

Got into some Oando as well today.
Still watching Diamond to meet me at N3 or there about.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 1:49pm On Feb 17, 2015
Hello house,does it still make sense to buy ubcap at #1.36 and does still make sense to buy transcorp@2.55 having missed #2.26 of yesterday and going by d fact that this mini-bull can last till Friday and d possibility of catapulting stocks like transportation to say #2.90 already,ubcap to atleast #1.45,gtb to perhaps #21 and oando to #17.so what do u all think,i can do now, on stocks like oando @14,gtb@18.87,transcorp@2.55,ubcap@1.36 as i write,thanks as i awaits.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigjay01(m): 1:50pm On Feb 17, 2015
Aks:

siddon look mode activated at the end of last week with diamond @ 3.57, skyebank @ 1.77, fbnh @ 6.39 ...

i might indulge in some sugar at about sub 5.5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
A mini-bull or some monkey hunting? Follow your head abi na mind wink

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:02pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:
Hello house,does it still make sense to buy ubcap at #1.36 and does still make sense to buy transcorp@2.55 having missed #2.26 of yesterday and going by d fact that this mini-bull can last till Friday and d possibility of catapulting stocks like transportation to say #2.90 already,ubcap to atleast #1.45,gtb to perhaps #21 and oando to #17.so what do u all think,i can do now, on stocks like oando @14,gtb@18.87,transcorp@2.55,ubcap@1.36 as i write,thanks as i awaits.

Bought transcorp @2.26 , bought more @2.50 today , i think it shld get to 2.90 or 3 naira

i think @ 2.55 not bad , also oando @ that price

Na my thot sir oo
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cuteboy2: 2:25pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:

Looks like you are coming from day trading perspective, or at most very short window of reaping quick gain and jumping out.
If this looks like your strategy, before the election, it might not be realizable as the market will keep fluctuating until after the election.
Even the earning season announcements by end Q1 will not help the market much.

However, if you are following the Contrarian doctrine, and looking at medium to long term prospects when all election matters would have been dispensed with say end Dec-15, then you cannot go wrong with GTB and UBA Cap.

Transcorp is more of a long term stock. Even though rebound is expected when market recovers, bounce back momentum might not be as strong as GTB.

Oando is another animal altogether. It is highly leveraged with huge debt they took to buy Conoco Phillips. That is why it is trading below it's rights issue price, even after adjustment downwards in the middle of the offer. Very funny situation. I refused to take my rights as well, I bought it cheaper at the market!!! It is quite cheap at sub #12 considering rights offer price of #13 and price of peers like Conoil @ #32.

Oil price firming up again to >#60. You need to be careful though with petroleum stocks, if you do not understand their fundamentals. There is a real reason there is such wide variations between Seplat (385), CapOil (0.5), Oando (13), Conoil (32), Mobil (150), Total (134), Forte Oil (212).

** In Petroleum segment, All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others grin grin grin **

Have you looked at UAC Properties, Berger Paints, NASCON, Dangote Sugar and Flour Mills?
These stocks will pay you good dividend, prices will recover, they are generally cheap, and there are no unusual dramas with them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17, 2015
Oando see you at 30 Transcorp see you at 6 if you are not on board now you are on a long thing.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by rebekah2011(m): 2:30pm On Feb 17, 2015
lancee:

Bought transcorp @2.26 , bought more @2.50 today , i think it shld get to 2.90 or 3 naira

i think @ 2.55 not bad , also oando @ that price

Na my thot sir oo

Cant really understand what people see in transcorp. Unless the growth stories has made some people emotional. There are too many bargain stocks out there. Zenith Bank with at least N1.50kobo dividend in horizon should be a delight for any value investor at this time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:33pm On Feb 17, 2015
Michael11stock:
Oando see you at 30 Transcorp see you at 6 if you are not on board now you are on a long thing.

grin hmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:37pm On Feb 17, 2015
grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 2:43pm On Feb 17, 2015
grin grin grin stock market!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2015
@lancee,thank you, i appreciate!
@cutesboy2, thank you as well but kudos to you for taking your valuable time to give that out.Well,i can honestly tell you that i perfectly understand both the fundamental and market humano-sentiment that is build into each petroleum stocks listed on the bourse either from the down-stream to mid-stream or to the up stream where each plies their trade but one certain thing just want to take advantage of,is the market psychology which at times look stupid fundamentally but portend an avenue to make some smart gains and this led me to oando per say.
@rebekah2011
well its nothing fantastic about transcorp but its one of those stocks posited as trader delight,nothing more.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Godisfaithful: 2:56pm On Feb 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin lobatan.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:57pm On Feb 17, 2015
lancee:

grin hmm
Well can you shed my light on ur scribbles.Cos i can just believed this at this time,no no.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2015
@michael11stock
Well can you shed my light on ur scribbles.Cos i can just believed this at this time,no no.sorry sir lancee i was referring to d name above,not you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 3:03pm On Feb 17, 2015
myjoy08:
grin grin grin stock market!
Full of surprise abi,hey o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 3:04pm On Feb 17, 2015
Godisfaithful:
grin grin grin grin grin lobatan.
Sir,what happened!can you brief us.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:05pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:
Well can you shed my light on ur scribbles.Cos i can just believed this at this time,no no.

I think we re on the same page , if i got u right , don't think it will get to that price/level
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:09pm On Feb 17, 2015
rebekah2011:

Cant really understand what people see in transcorp. Unless the growth stories has made some people emotional. There are too many bargain stocks out there. Zenith Bank with at least N1.50kobo dividend in horizon should be a delight for any value investor at this time.

u re correct , am not in for long term on transcorp for now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:10pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:
@michael11stock
Well can you shed my light on ur scribbles.Cos i can just believed this at this time,no no.sorry sir lancee i was referring to d name above,not you.

ohh gat u sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 3:11pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:
@michael11stock
Well sir, we are all investors and nobody wants his funds goes down like titanic hmmmm, so be optimistic in all you type and say for now. See you soon March 28 sai Buhari grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by immanuello(m): 3:13pm On Feb 17, 2015
lancee:

I think we re on the same page , if i got u right , don't think it will get to that price/level
my keypad is killing me.sir lancee, what i wanted to write is "can't" so where I put "can" mistakenly to should be corrected to "cannot".

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Michael11stock(m): 3:14pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:
my keypad is killing me.sir lancee, what i wanted to write is "can't" so where I put "can" mistakenly to should be corrected to "cannot".
na market cos am oga immanuello me understand the error
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:

gat u sir
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2015
immanuello:
Full of surprise abi,hey o.

Sir, all i can say is that buy whatever u want to buy now before is too late. Don't tell me a stock with eps of 98 kobo as at 3rd quarter and trading around 2-3 naira with dividend expectations of 35-45 kobo will remain in that junction in the next 30 days? Do your home work and see for yourself. Foreign investors are coming back and will take position and sell back with premium to u guys. My simple and personal opinion not a recommendation...

Remember, no risk no reward!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (628) (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) ... (7804) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: readerschairman, ExpertDealer, Entrepreneurrr, xezoid(m), Teeonebaba(m), stcool(m), Raider76, ekkywolex(m), KarlTom and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.