Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,350 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6459) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10877050 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6456) (6457) (6458) (6459) (6460) (6461) (6462) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 12:26pm On Aug 23, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Do you have the 9 months financial report of the business?
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33753_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC%20_QUARTER_3_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:02pm On Aug 23, 2021
kolaish:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/33753_VITAFOAM_NIG_PLC%20_QUARTER_3_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR.pdf

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:48pm On Aug 23, 2021
Where's that guy that thinks he can mock me on CHAMS... CHAMS heading for full BID... It has done 10% already!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:
Vitafoam @ 16

Courtville on full-bid
Courtville has a good result... I have left already though
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jayifeanyi1234: 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2021
@ Mr Emmanel, is Meristem Stockbroking...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2021
@megawealth, hope no be your hand a see today for chams
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:23pm On Aug 23, 2021
megawealth01:
Where's that guy that thinks he can mock me on CHAMS... CHAMS heading for full BID... It has done 10% already!

CHAMS na JIJO stock o.

Buy low, sell high.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:58pm On Aug 23, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

CHAMS na JIJO stock o.

Buy low, sell high.
You understand the gist... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2021
veecovee:
@megawealth, hope no be your hand a see today for chams
grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by TheBlackMamba: 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2021
dharpzee:

Yes you can, kindly visit www.meritrade.com, and open a stockbroking account or download the app.

Regards

Many thanks!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2021
megawealth01:

It doesn't have what will take it far.
I got 2 million units at 21kobo btw 10am and 10.05.

It went on full bid at 23kobo.
I offloaded at 23kobo when I saw the full bid is shaking.More huge supplies from trapped holders were still on the way before closing and bergainers quene at 20/21 kobo waiting for the fall.

If courteville rise more, it can still rise above 25kobo.I prefer to stock on Transcorp and wait it out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:40pm On Aug 23, 2021
locodemy:

I offloaded at 23kobo when I saw the full bid is shaking.More huge supplies from trapped holders were still on the way before closing and bergainers quene at 20/21 kobo waiting for the fall.

Patience is golden grin

If courteville rise more, it can still rise above 25kobo.I prefer to stock on Transcorp and wait it out.
Na your own levels... We are in it for the monies las las
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 8:45am On Aug 24, 2021
locodemy:

You bought @ 21kobo and sold @ 23kobo.

Hope you included charges and slippages.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

I sold off because I didn't like the trading pattern.At the end I didn't loose any money instead I got about 18k + in the deal.
I can only deal on chams next time at 20k entry price.

Beside 21-23kobo is 10% up.
The total charges in buy/sell is not up to 4%.
6% is still left and that's where that little profit for chicken and rice came from.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:46am On Aug 24, 2021
locodemy:

I sold off because I didn't like the trading pattern.At the end I didn't loose any money instead I got about 18k + in the deal.
I can only deal on chams next time at 20k entry price.

Beside 21-23kobo is 10% up.
The total charges in buy/sell is not up to 4%.
6% is still left and that's where that little profit for chicken and rice came from.
You are the King of your trade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 11:14am On Aug 24, 2021
ositadima1:
Lately I have been applying some simple stats to my stock analysis, parameters like mean and standard deviation. Hehe, bollinger bands comes to mind.

Despite the fact that stock prices (also stock returns) are time series, they can be analysed statistically as distribution of values with good predictive success.

I came across a post on tradingview that discussed a few stats terms in very simple language. Read d excerpt below. Enjoy. cheesy

Mean:

The first Raw Moment is the Mean. It indicates the central tendency of a distribution. People talk about the Mean a lot in trading when referring to moving averages and mean reversion. But when we talk about the mean in our previous scripts, we are talking about the mean of returns. So when indicators like the Hurst Exponent , Durbin Watson Stats or Variance Ratio Test show negative autocorrelation, which implies mean reversion, the mean we are refering to is the Mean of returns, not the Mean of price. When they target the mean to revert, they shouldn't be targeting the SMA of price. They should target the returns to the mean of returns. People usually use the mean of returns as an expected value of stock returns. They find the average for past performance and using that to get an idea of where the share price might go next.

Variance:

The second Central Moment is the Variance. It indicates the spread of data around the Mean. People usually use Variance or the square root of Variance, which is the standard deviation to measure volatility . They sometimes define risk as the standard deviation of returns. While it may not be a measurement of risk (as we will explain later), it's a decent measurement of volatility . Since it's squared deviation from the Mean (second moment), the value is always positive, and power makes the smaller deviation smaller and the larger deviation larger. We should use sample variance and standard deviation, as I mentioned before. The difference is just divided by n or n -1.

Skewness:

The third Standardized Moment is Skewness. It measures the asymmetry of the distribution. The reason why it's called standardized moments is that it not only raised the deviation to the power of three in the nominator, it divides the standard deviation to the power of three to standardize the value. It's easier to compare the value of skewness with other distributions when it's standardized. The formula I just described is for population skewness. For sample skewness, it has to adjust the degrees of freedom to make it unbiased, which you can see in the code.

When skewness is 0, the distribution is perfectly symmetric. A normal distribution has a skewness of 0. (any symmetric distribution has a skewness of 0). But as you can see from the distribution chart, the returns are not perfectly symmetric. An easy way to know if the distribution is positively skewed (skewed right) or negatively skewed (skewed left) is by looking at its tails.
If extreme values happen more in the left tail, then it's left-skewed (longer left tail).
If the extreme value happens more in the right tail, then it's right-skewed (longer right tail).
A right-skewed distribution means there are more very large positive returns than negative returns in the sample. And left-skewed means there are more very large negative returns than positive returns in the sample.

Returns are more often negatively skewed because the market usually sell-off faster due to panic.

Kurtosis:

The fourth Standardize Moment is Kurtosis . It measures the "tailedness" in the distribution. As I mentioned in the skewness calculation, it also divides the fourth power of deviation by the fourth power of standard deviation to standardize the value. And it requires even more adjustments to degrees of freedom in order to make it unbiased for sample kurtosis .

The kurtosis value we display here is the excess kurtosis. The normal distribution has a kurtosis of 3. The excess kurtosis = kurtosis - 3.
When excess kurtosis is around 0, it has the same tail as normal distribution, and it's called Mesokurtic.
When excess kurtosis > 0, It has a fatter tail than normal distribution, and it's called Leptokurtic. There are more extremely large returns in the tails.
When excess kurtosis < 0. It has a thinner tail than the normal distribution, and it's called platykurtic. There are fewer extremely large returns in the tails.
Kurtosis doesn't have an upper bound, and the most platykurtic distribution is Bernoulli distribution with ex. kurtosis of -2. (even though the least platykurtic distribution kurtosis is -2, you can still get a value lower than -2 when you measure sample kurtosis .)
Kurtosis is sometimes referred to as volatility of volatility . It measures the tail risk or sometimes called kurtosis risk. Because a lot of statistical models assume a normal distribution, and when there's positive kurtosis , then they will underestimate the risk of fat tails. Market returns are usually leptokurtic due to volatility clustering (smaller returns cluster with smaller returns makes a higher peak, and extreme returns clusters make fatter tails). The kurtosis risk cannot be explained by variance or standard deviation because higher moments cannot be explained by lower moments. There can be two data sets with the same variance but different kurtosis . Therefore kurtosis explains more potential risk than the variance.

There's a misconception about kurtosis . Many people think kurtosis measures the peakedness of a distribution. However, this is NOT the case. There are examples of distribution that has a lower peak than normal distribution but has higher kurtosis . In general, kurtosis measures mostly the tail of the distribution. It uses the fourth power in the calculation. Therefore a large value in the tail has much more effect on kurtosis than the small value in the middle.

#Systematic Trader grin grin

Na Nigerian market you dey post all this long grammar for bah? grin grin grin

E be like you newly register for CFA, so body still dey shack you. You go soon calm down when NSE do you strong thing grin

Go and read up market efficiency theory. I will summarize it for you.

1 Weak form efficient market - NSE belongs here.
In such markets, fundamental analysis and insider information are very useful, but technical analysis is USELESS.

2. Semi-strong form efficient markets - fundamental analysis becomes useless in addition to technical analysis.

3. Strong form efficient markets - insider information also becomes useless.

In NSE, one MD can scatter the chart you are using overnight, by arbitrarily reducing or not paying dividend, even with big profit declared (e.g UBA). This is the least of what can happen to you in NSE.
Wale Tinubu and others are on another level grin

So leave big grammar, deal with the price and volume information that is available to you as an outsider, and pray for luck.

No western investment strategy can work effectively in NSE as it is a field, filled with lawless wolves undecided

And by the way, NSE has zero in fundamental analysis as the root metric which is good corporate governance in the constituent companies is highly lacking. So every other thing that looks like fundamental is Zero.

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 11:16am On Aug 24, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

He'd still make gains... That's 10%... Depending on his broker he'd be left with 5%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 24, 2021
megawealth01:
He'd still make gains... That's 10%... Depending on his broker he'd be left with 5%

I have already calculated for him.The money is available for another trading.I may re -enter chams again if seen at 20kobo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pluto09(m): 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2021
Cadillac15:

E be like you newly register for CFA, so body still dey shack you. You go soon calm down when NSE do you strong thing grin

In such markets, fundamental analysis and insider information are very useful, but technical analysis is USELESS.

2. Semi-strong form efficient markets - fundamental analysis becomes useless in addition to technical analysis.

In NSE, one MD can scatter the chart you are using overnight, by arbitrarily reducing or not paying dividend, even with big profit declared (e.g UBA). This is the least of what can happen to you in NSE.

So leave big grammar, deal with the price and volume information that is available to you as an outsider, and pray for luck.

No western investment strategy can work effectively in NSE as it is a field, filled with lawless wolves undecided

And by the way, NSE has zero in fundamental analysis as the root metric which is good corporate governance in the constituent companies is highly lacking. So every other thing that looks like fundamental is Zero.

I will like to disagree with you here.
The guy you are quoting is doing a great job, there is no harm in exploring all options with a view to discovering what works best for different markets.
Both FA and TA work in NSE. Yes our market is not perfect but there is no perfect market anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
Cadillac15:

Let me start with I am currently listening to Dangerous by Jah Prayzah. Crazy intro. grin

I am not a technical analyst neither I aspire to be one. I am more like a data scientist, I try to use statistical methods to infare patterns from market data. I believe that whatever the market is doing and to some extent what it would do are encoded in its price movements.

By d way, market efficiency theory has been debunked several times, it is the inefficiencies in the market that give rise to alpha(excess returns).

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2021
Cadillac15:

In NSE, one MD can scatter the chart you are using overnight , by arbitrarily reducing or not paying dividend, even with big profit declared (e.g UBA). This is the least of what can happen to you in NSE.

I have data (Closing, Opening, High, Low, Volume etc)going back 10 years for most stocks. I never noticed any chart scattering event. Can you mention a point in time when it happened and for which ticker? tongue
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2021
Cadillac15:

A number of recent academic and professional journals in finance and investments disagree with the Efficient Market Theory.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2021
ositadima1:

Let me start with I am currently listening to Dangerous by Jah Prayzah. Crazy intro. grin

I am not a technical analyst neither I aspire to be one. I am more like a data scientist, I try to use statistical methods to infare patterns from market data. I believe that whatever the market is doing and to some extent what it would do are encoded in its price movements.

By d way, market efficiency theory has been debunked several times, it is the inefficiencies in the market that give rise to alpha(excess returns).

Keep on researching jor

I agree with the last paragraph concerning the Efficient Market Theory

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Afromentalist: 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

A number of recent academic and professional journals in finance and investments disagree with the Efficient Market Theory.
Cryptocurrency exchanges are a clear, modern example of why the efficient market theory can't be correct.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Princkez: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
FBNH getting some attention @7.50
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Cadillac15(m): 4:51pm On Aug 24, 2021
ositadima1:

The arguments against it have never been validated and have always ended up validating it the more. They are called market anomalies (research on it).

Anyways, big grammar does not and never works on NSE. The institution is faulty so book knowledge is USELESS cry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 5:27pm On Aug 24, 2021
Why STI price crashing?

cc mercy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 6:17pm On Aug 24, 2021
ositadima1:

I have data (Closing, Opening, High, Low, Volume etc)going back 10 years for most stocks. I never noticed any chart scattering event. Can you mention a point in time when it happened and for which ticker? tongue

Lol

Don't be defensive and keep up d good work for this our platform

I'm still looking for a simple way to key into ur strategy

Problem now is dat I'm looking into acquiring real assets for now instead of securities

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2021
maishai:

Lol

Don't be defensive and keep up d good work for this our platform

I'm still looking for a simple way to key into ur strategy

Problem now is dat I'm looking into acquiring real assets for now instead of securities

If you are asked to choose between 4 million units of Zenith bank shares and a block of 4units of 3 bedroom apartment at Gbagada Lagos which of the options will you go for?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

If you are asked to choose between 4 million units of Zenith bank shares and a block of 4units of 3 bedroom apartment at Gbagada Lagos which of the options will you go for?

Is diversification allowed with Zenith? I'd hate to put all my eggs in one basket.....As for house, I just don't trust Tenants in Nigeria. The story can get too long

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by owolabi5: 12:21am On Aug 25, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

The former sir

That is about 12m guaranteed per annum, no story sir

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:54am On Aug 25, 2021
Ades1:

Is diversification allowed with Zenith? I'd hate to put all my eggs in one basket.....As for house, I just don't trust Tenants in Nigeria. The story can get too long

You can diversify with the annual cash flow of about N12 million per annum

(1) (2) (3) ... (6456) (6457) (6458) (6459) (6460) (6461) (6462) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ekkywolex(m), ojesymsym, lancee(m), Jonwest and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.