Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10894848 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6538) (6539) (6540) (6541) (6542) (6543) (6544) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SlahJoe(m): 12:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
phemmie06:

My oga good morning. They are not the one crediting bonus, crediting is done by CSCS but the broking firm need to update your portfolio.
You can request for your CSCS statement from your broking firm and you will find your bonus included in the list and even others you might not be aware of
Thanks for the informative post, one question sir/ma, how do someone sells those shares not reflecting on the stock broker account but is on the cscs account
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2021
SlahJoe:
Thanks for the informative post, one question sir/ma, how do someone sells those shares not reflecting on the stock broker account but is on the cscs account

You can sell.

Just send a sale mandate to your Stockbroker

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 12:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

Subscribe to CSCS online and give yourself peace

Your CSCS statement is more valid compared to the one from your Stockbroker
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 2:38pm On Nov 30, 2021
emmanuelewumi:

You can sell.

Just send a sale mandate to your Stockbroker

In addition to @emmanuelewumi post, please note:

Your trading platform from your stockbroker is basically for trading stocks. What is reflected there is your purchases and sales.

The content of your holdings in the broker's platform is not an official statement in the capital market.

The only document officially recognized to show your shareholding status is your cscs statement which you can get by request from your stockbroker or by subscribing annually to cscs plc.

Bonuses are not reflected on your trading platform and crediting of bonus shares into your cscs account is done by the registrars through cscs plc.

Your stockbroker is only giving you a platform to access the trading floor of the exchange. They don't credit shares, all shares are domicile with cscs plc.

Whatever quantity of shares you have on your cscs can be sold on the platform or by mandate as already stated above even if it's not reflecting on your stock trading platform.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 3:42pm On Nov 30, 2021
MTN retail offer price is N169

Offer opens 1st December, closes 14th December

Minimum subscription is 20 shares and additional in multiples of 20.

There will be a bonus of 1 share for every 20 purchased, subject to maximum of 250 bonus shares provided you retain your purchased shares for one full year before selling.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 4:10pm On Nov 30, 2021
klas:

There will be a bonus of 1 share for every 20 purchased, subject to a maximum of 250 bonus shares provided you retain your purchased shares for one full year before selling.

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2021
klas:

There will be a bonus of 1 share for every 20 purchased, subject to maximum of 250 bonus shares provided you retain your purchased shares for one full year before selling.

Thank you @klas for this information.
How can i take up this retail offer?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 4:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
I have a long term problem with First Registrars.
All channels of communications to First Registrars don't reply.
All emails I have sent to them don't reply.
All their phone number don't go through or leave me taking to an autoresponder when rarely it goes through.
Abeg how can I contact First Registrar and get a reply without visiting their office physically?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 4:55pm On Nov 30, 2021
Wapgod:
I have a long term problem with First Registrars.
All channels of communications to First Registrars don't reply.
All emails I have sent to them don't reply.
All their phone number don't go through or leave me taking to an autoresponder when rarely it goes through.
Abeg how can I contact First Registrar and get a reply without visiting their office physically?

tolu.medaiyedu@firstregistrarsnigeria.com
oluwatoyin.olukanmi@firstregistrarsnigeria.com
info@firstregistrarsnigeria.com

I communicated with the above emails about a month ago and got responses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2021
klas:

Nothing special. @ bolded is Just saying that your cost of buy the MTN for N169 will be reduced to N160.5 per share if you hold the shares till at least one year before selling.

Oga's in the house, is the M IPO worth it? Though it closed @ 190 probably to make the IPO attractive to intended subscribers.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Wapgod:

Thank you @klas for this information.
How can i take up this retail offer?

Get across to your stockbroker complete the form make sure you indicate your cscs number and CHN on the form and credit their account with the amount you wish to invest following the subscription instruction.

You can also go to your bank and do same. However, this will depend on the bank and the branch of the bank because some banks may not bother to participate or some branches of the bank may not be aware of the exercise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 5:12pm On Nov 30, 2021
freeman67:

Nothing special. @ bolded is Just saying that your cost of buy the MTN for N169 will be reduced to N160.5 per share if you hold the shares till at least one year before selling.

Oga's in the house, is the M IPO worth it? Though it closed @ 190 probably to make the IPO attractive to intended subscribers.

IPO - It's Probably Overpriced

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 5:13pm On Nov 30, 2021
freeman67:

How will it be reduced?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 5:17pm On Nov 30, 2021
thesilentone:

IPO - It's Probably Overpriced
Is this (MTN retail and institution offers) an IPO?
I was led to believe that this is simply the majority shareholder selling some of their equity in MTN Nigeria to interested parties.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2021
Wapgod:

I was led to believe that this is simply the majority shareholder selling some of their equity in MTN Nigeria to interested parties.

https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/safricas-mtn-plans-offload-shares-nigeria-business-via-public-offer-2021-11-04/

This might help

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 5:37pm On Nov 30, 2021
Wapgod:

IPO means Initial Public Offer. When a private company or a company already listed by introduction like MTN Nigeria on the floor of the exchange is selling its shares to the public- institutional/retail for the first time it's called an IPO.

However, the final destination of proceeds from the offer now gives a category of the IPO as offer for sale or offer for subscription.

In the first type which MTN is doing, ie offer for sale the proceeds from the offer goes to MTN Group and they are not bound by law to use it for MTN Nigeria, they are free to use the proceeds for other endeavors.

While the second ie offer for subscription the proceeds is plough back into the company as indicated on the offer document.

However for both, the majority shareholder - MTN Group in this case is reducing its shareholdings in MTN Nigeria (the company)
and making more shares available to the public (Institution/retail)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by freeman67: 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2021
OBAGADAFFI:

How will it be reduced?

The one share bonus for every 20 bought that you will be entitled to after one year is N169... Divide by 20 and reduce what you get from every 20 you but at this particular offer...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 6:32pm On Nov 30, 2021
freeman67:

The one share bonus for every 20 bought that you will be entitled to after one year is N169... Divide by 20 and reduce what you get from every 20 you but at this particular offer...

Mind you, the bonus is limited to the first 5,000 shares, beyond that, no bonus. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2021
This means if one buys more than 5000 shares the accruing bonus shares will be limited tp only 250. What is the reasoning behind this limit ?. It should just simply be 1 for 20 no matter what quantity is bought.

klas:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Oakbranch: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
emmasoft:

Get across to your stockbroker complete the form make sure you indicate your cscs number and CHN on the form and credit their account with the amount you wish to invest following the subscription instruction.

You can also go to your bank and do same. However, this will depend on the bank and the branch of the bank because some banks may not bother to participate or some branches of the bank may not be aware of the exercise.This talk about form is confusing,does this imply that there is a prospectus and that some banks will have the forms on the opening day .

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 1:59am On Dec 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 01, 2021
Once Brent bottoms (around $30 to $50 range), it needs to sell for as high as $220 sometime in the near future.

I pray Nigeria can manage the proceeds then. And the world will groan under the weight of inflation, higher fuel cost, global disturbances and too much inequality.

Okey and Okoli will start making noise yet again. High oil price will be a lifeline to Okey and Okoli. wink wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:30am On Dec 01, 2021
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music "
~ Friedrich Nietzsche

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by medinho: 7:06am On Dec 01, 2021
klas:

Please how do I go about purchasing the shares.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:02am On Dec 01, 2021
onegentleguy:
I just published an article with the title:

"A BANK AND TWO FLOUR MILLING COMPANY"
...breaking down the proposed part acquisition of HONEYWELL FLOUR MILLS (HFM) by FLOURMILLS NIG PLC (FMN) following the recent FIRST BANK (FBNH) insider brouhaha. ...the winners, the loser!

It's published on booksie, the UK blog medium and the personal finance section of some select national dailies.

You may wish to read through by using the link below;
https://www.booksie.com/663035-a-bank-and-2-flour-milling-company

Regards.

MTN NIGERIA: "THE ANATOMY OF A PUBLIC OFFER"

...Dissecting the recent PO (public offer) proposal by MTN Nigeria; everything from interpreting the Nos to looking in on the recent financials with a view to seeking VALUE!

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog medium and the personal finance section of some select national dailies.

https://www.booksie.com/663437-mtn-nigeria-the-anatomy-of-a-public-offer

Regards

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:20am On Dec 01, 2021
RabbiDoracle:
Once Brent bottoms (around $30 to $50 range), it needs to sell for as high as $220 sometime in the near future.

I pray Nigeria can manage the proceeds then. And the world will groan under the weight of inflation, higher fuel cost, global disturbances and too much inequality.

Okey and Okoli will start making noise yet again. High oil price will be a lifeline to Okey and Okoli. wink wink

Is this Prophet Utochia we have been waiting for?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by klas(m): 8:21am On Dec 01, 2021
medinho:

Please how do I go about purchasing the shares.

Either

1. Liaise with your stockbroker and fill a commitment form for the number of shares you want.
Or
2. Fill in the required information to buy on the special mtn offer portal. Google for it
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:45am On Dec 01, 2021
onegentleguy:

MTN NIGERIA: "THE ANATOMY OF A PUBLIC OFFER"

...Dissecting the recent PO (public offer) proposal by MTN Nigeria; everything from interpreting the Nos to looking in on the recent financials with a view to seeking VALUE

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog medium and the personal finance section of some select national dailies.

https://www.booksie.com/663437-mtn-nigeria-the-anatomy-of-a-public-offer

Regards
In view of the above, can we permutate on which company shares are likely to be cheaper than MTN's right now?
Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:52am On Dec 01, 2021
Good morning fine people!
Thank God for yet another new month.

Here's raising a glass to a fruitful and fulfilling December as we wrap up the final stages of 2021!
May Devine grace, guidance and all-touching blessing continue to be with us, our loved ones and everything we hold dear!

Cheers

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2021
Me and my household will wait for MTN at N120 junction...

Eku market o

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mumu9gerian: 10:15am On Dec 01, 2021
Please what exactly is the difference between UPDC and UPDCREIT?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6538) (6539) (6540) (6541) (6542) (6543) (6544) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.