Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6563) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10893630 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6560) (6561) (6562) (6563) (6564) (6565) (6566) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 10:34am On Jan 04, 2022
Happy New Year to you all.

I will like to know the best ETF on NSE. like VTI which is highly diversified.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mickky22: 10:45am On Jan 04, 2022
posty56:
I pick dividend stocks that pays monthly , P. S,:- Higher yield don't mean sh*t , I have seen stocks in the U. S stock market that produces 53% yield, but I avoid them, most of those stocks are risky, it's all about how much you put not how it yields.

Please I need stocks that pay dividend monthly.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:46am On Jan 04, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls can you withdraw your money (all or some) from all this fixed fund after two or three months or is only allow in mmf.Then when you have cash again instead of bank you plough it back.In any of the situation how is the interest calculated as money will be going in and out but not static for one year

Are you referring to Fixed income Fund, Eurobond Fund or having a dom account with your bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:52am On Jan 04, 2022
mickky22:

Please I need stocks that pay dividend monthly.

Thanks

You need monthly income from your Investments.

Seplat pays dividends every quarter, UPDC REIT, GTB, Zenith Bank, Access Bank, Stanbic IBTC, MTN, Airtel, Nigeria Brewery, Total, Friesland Wamco, UBA etc pay dividends twice a year.

March to June is when 70% of dividend income are paid on NGX

Apart from that you can have FGN bond Investments that pay dividends in January/July, March/September, April/October, June/December.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 04, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Are you referring to Fixed income Fund, Eurobond Fund or having a dom account with your bank
Fixed income fund.Not bank fixed deposit
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mickky22: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

You need monthly income from your Investments.

Seplat pays dividends every quarter, UPDC REIT, GTB, Zenith Bank, Access Bank, Stanbic IBTC, MTN, Airtel, Nigeria Brewery, Total, Friesland Wamco, UBA etc pay dividends twice a year.

March to June is when 70% of dividend income are paid on NGX

Apart from that you can have FGN bond Investments that pay dividends in January/July, March/September, April/October, June/December.

Thank you sir

But which of them can you recommend?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nicerod(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2022
Happy new year to u

Do you want to make huge return on your investment in real estate??
Zylus is capable of that

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 11:49am On Jan 04, 2022
I will stop using Flutterwave and Paystack for my Broker deposits.

Their charges are high and they don't release funds to the broker after two days.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2022
Biafran4life:
Fixed income fund.Not bank fixed deposit

You are expected to hold for 90 days before you can sell. If not you will lose 20% of the capital appreciation as penalties

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by arduino: 12:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
mickky22:

Good day
Compliment of the season

Please am interested in those stocks that pay dividend monthly.

I will appreciate if you can share.

Thanks
God bless.

My brother, dem plenty especially in the real estate sector.
Shaw Communication(SJR) and Neuberger Berman Real Estate(NRO) has never failed me. Sometime SJR sometimes pays dividend twice a month.
Another one is Suncor Energy(SU) but this one pays bi-monthly.
Do your due diligence before you buy any stock on NYSE or else na premium tears when the business fails or bankruptcy happen.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 12:07pm On Jan 04, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:
Happy New Year to you all.

I will like to know the best ETF on NSE. like VTI which is highly diversified.

The best ETF on the NSE is the NewGold ETF..
Unfortunately, it is not diversified...
D only ETF that can fit your request is the Global X MSCI Nigeria ETF (NGE)...
And U may need to go global....

SECTOR WEIGHT (%)
Financials 46.6
Consumer Staples 23.6
Materials 21.7
Communication Services 5.7
Utilities 2.2
Real Estate 0.2
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
Willie2015:

The best ETF on the NSE is the NewGold ETF..
Unfortunately, it is not diversified...
D only ETF that can fit your request is the Global X MSCI Nigeria ETF (NGE)...
And U may need to go global....

SECTOR WEIGHT (%)
Financials 46.6
Consumer Staples 23.6
Materials 21.7
Communication Services 5.7
Utilities 2.2
Real Estate 0.2

Is STANBIC IBTC ETF 30 diversified ?

Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by anyanwu58: 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hmmmm. Thank you
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 04, 2022
[quote author=emmanuelewumi post=109070133]

You are expected to hold for 90 days before you can sell. If not you will lose 20% of the capital appreciation as penalties[/quotePls which ones have good offer or you have used.I can withdraw in mmf at any point in time. Then at any point in time in fixed fund my capital is secured
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drills: 12:42pm On Jan 04, 2022
mickky22:

Thank you sir

But which of them can you recommend?

Banking

Zenith
UBA

REAL Estate
updcreit

Downstream
Conoil

Construction
Jberger

Betaglass
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by drills: 12:43pm On Jan 04, 2022
Zenith
Uba
Jberger
Updcreit
Conoil
Betaglass

quote author=mickky22 post=109069531]

Thank you sir

But which of them can you recommend? [/quote]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:04pm On Jan 04, 2022
[quote author=Biafran4life post=109071457][/quote]

You can withdraw from MMF after 30 days
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

Is STANBIC IBTC ETF 30 diversified ?

Thank you

The word diversified is a relative term....
An ETF is created to track the performance of an Index....
You may need to check the composition of the NGX 30 if it suits your purpose....
Also factor in the liquidity of such ETF...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 5:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
You other know mate undecided
RodgersAkpafu:

Indeed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
moneymanager:
You other know mate undecided
I dont understand this post though
What do you mean ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by moneymanager: 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2022
It’s just word play Mehn. Was irked by your “indeed” comment so I responded in kind. Nothing essential. Don’t give it a second thought undecided

RodgersAkpafu:

I dont understand this post though
What do you mean ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by RodgersAkpafu: 5:50pm On Jan 04, 2022
moneymanager:
It’s just word play Mehn. Was irked by your “indeed” comment so I responded in kind. Nothing essential. Don’t give it a second thought undecided

Naa
That word was not said with bad intent
Was more of agreement to what was said
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dipoolowoo: 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
onegentleguy:
WEMA BANK...
Share consolidation/Reverse stock split of 1 for 3 loading...
cool cool

WEMA BANK...
A rights issue of 2 for 3... just after a reverse stock split.
Reminds me of the song "the way we were" by Barbra Streisand.
What a world we live in! wink cheesy grin

It is well.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2022
onegentleguy:

WEMA BANK...
A rights issue of 2 for 3... just after a reverse stock split.
Reminds me of the song "the way we were" by Barbra Streisand.
What a world we live in! wink cheesy grin

It is well.

As strange as it may seem though, some collective Nos in the banks (WEMA) financial print still tells me it will do well.

On the other side of the edge is STERLING BANK.
If their respective management can do a few things right, both WEMA and STERLING are well positioned to do real good in the mid term.

Yes a reverse stock split can be value destructive from a minority investors perspective. In which case as I've always said;
"It is 88% of the time an evil act. ...one that creates a make-believe but spurious impression that one can get more from an asset play should a presumed QUALITY be made to replace QUANTITY."
(You might wish to read my article on... A TRIP TO DANGOTE CEMENT)

There is however a world of difference when a rights issue is made to follow/proceed an RSS.

1st off, any likely impact from value erosion is much less.
There's a reason why WEMA is going through this route.
Ever wonder why the share price consistently dropped after the RSS anouncement but gained today after the news of a rights issue filtered in.

It might drop in price tomorrow but I still forsee WEMA doing well in the mid term. ...same for STERLING BANK.
But I'd like to see management step up just a bit more from where they are.
Q1 and especially H1 2022 report will be KEY!

We continue to observe.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 04, 2022
onegentleguy:

As strange as it may seem though, some collective Nos in the banks (WEMA) financial print still tells me that the bank will do well.

If their respective management can do a few things right, both WEMA and STERLING are well positioned to do real good in the mid term.

Yes a reverse stock split can be value destructive from a minority investors perspective. In which case as I've always said;
"It is 88% of the time an evil act. ...one that creates a make-believe but spurious impression that one can get more from an asset play should a presumed QUALITY be made to replace QUANTITY."

There is however a world of difference when a rights issue is made to follow/proceed an RSS.

Ever wonder why the share price consistently dropped after the RSS anouncement but gained today after the news of a rights issue filtered in.

It might drop in price tomorrow but I still forsee WEMA doing well in the mid term. ...same for STERLING BANK.

We continue to observe.
Pls post the link, A trip to dangota cement,.... thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:03am On Jan 05, 2022
onegentleguy:

As strange as it may seem though, some collective Nos in the banks (WEMA) financial print still tells me it will do well.

We continue to observe.

WEMA BANK may have embarked on the 1 for 3 RSS exercise for;

1) VISIBILITY and ACCEPTABILITY to attract some P.E, HNI or institutional investor to the bank.

2) To free up space for... and then...

There's a reason for the rights issue of 2 for 3 coming along side the RSS exercise.

Why do I get a strong feeling that the bank may already have the P.E, HNI or institutional investor that will provide the N40B rights issue fund or a good % of that figure already on standby.
They may not mind or bother one bit if Minority holders don't take up their right.

DISCLOSURE: WEMA is currently not a part of our portfolio.
DISCLAIMER: NOT to be interpreted as any sought of recommendation. Due diligence still applies.

Just trying to revert and guide all those who sent me mails.
My advice? Pls kindly follow your instinct.

Selah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:05am On Jan 05, 2022
Biafran4life:
Pls post the link, A trip to dangota cement,.... thanks

onegentleguy:

I just published an article with the title:

"A TRIP TO DANGOTE CEMENT"

https://www.booksie.com/612863-a-trip-to-dangote-cement

It's published on booksie, medium and the personal finance section of opinion Nigeria.
U may wish to read through it by using the link above.

Regards.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:46am On Jan 05, 2022
onegentleguy:

WEMA BANK may have embarked on the 1 for 3 RSS exercise for;

1) VISIBILITY and ACCEPTABILITY to attract some P.E, HNI or institutional investor to the bank.

2) To free up space for... and then...

There's a reason for the rights issue of 2 for 3 coming along side the RSS exercise.

Why do I get a strong feeling that the bank may already have the P.E, HNI or institutional investor that will provide the N40B rights issue fund or a good % of that figure already on standby.
They may not mind or bother one bit if Minority holders don't take up their right.

DISCLOSURE: WEMA is currently not a part of our portfolio.
DISCLAIMER: NOT to be interpreted as any sought of recommendation. Due diligence still applies.

Just trying to revert and guide all those who sent me mails.
My advice? Pls kindly follow your instinct.

Selah

A critical view on how the whole exercise (both the reverse stock split and the rights issue) was planned and it is clear that one of the aim is to ensure there's no sharp deviation in the shareholding STRUCTURE of minority holders.

In retrospect, a rights issue of 2 for 3 immediately proceeding a reverse stock split(RSS) of 1 for 3 means that as an investor, you lose 2/3 of your initial stake (1-1/3) from the RSS and add back (2/3X + X) to that figure from the rights exercise. (where X is your vol post RSS)

To illustrate:
Assuming u hold 90,000 units of WEMA BANK before now...
Then the RSS exercise will reduce your vol/stake to 30,000 [i.e 1/3 x 90,000 or 90,000- (1-1/3)90,000]
While the rights issue takes you back up to 50,000 units [i.e (2/3 x 30,000) + 30,000]
Effectively implying that an investors overall initial stake would decrease by approx 44.4% post execution of both exercise. [(90,000- 50,000/90,000) x 100]

That 44.4% gives a clue of how much premium the share price might need to adjust to ensure that the coys book value remains unchanged.

If we utilize the banks closing price of 72k on the last day of business in 2021 (Dec 31st) which also doubles as the qualification date, a 44.4% premium would imply a price peg of approx N1.16 per share of WEMA BANK.

This is only an extrapolation of the effective price but might well serve as a benchmark or yardstick for weighing in on how risk measures against reward post execution of the proposed exercise.

For clarity, pls NOTE that the N1.16 is NOT the pricing of each share of WEMA factoring in both deal. It should be much higher than that. Think the market price should peg @ N4.6+ or near that figure after both exercise.
That price of N1.16 measures the benchmark of what floor peg I'll be looking to buy post the conclusion of both exercise.
I got some persons sending me messages on this. Pls kindly do well to be guided accordingly.

By inference, paying a premium to that N1.16 price is a No for me... while getting a good % discount from there (better if its near or higher than the value of that 44.4% vol squeeze) post both exercise is a fair enough deal.

WEMA though will do well when all of this is over.
The bank may be looking at pursuing an aggressive organic growth plan via a merger or acquisition.
It's a growth stock.

Short term? Neutral
Mid to long term? Yes... but as I said before, I'd like to see management do a bit more from here.
Q1 and H1 2022 will be KEY!

Enough on WEMA.
Selah

#EDITED

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:00am On Jan 05, 2022
customstreet:

No worries, less than 6 months, we shall know where they are going
Courtville's Board meeting is coming up on 27th Jan, 2022.....
To consider unaudited FY report (Q4 2021)..….... Among other things.......

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34774_COURTEVILLE_BUSINESS_SOLUTIONS_PLC%20_NOTICES_OF_BOARD_M.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2022
WEMA BANK
Seems like too much grammar dey worry this bank. smiley

1. There'll be reconstruction of shares in ratio 3:1 .......i.e one share for every 3 held.
If you have 60,000 units, it'll become 20,000 after reconstruction. Think they called this "reliquishing shares by shareholders.

2. The 2/3 reliquished will be repurchased in form of right issues........

3. Market Maker has been appointed to repurchase reliquished shares.........

We will understand the grammar much better as time goes on........
We may likely witness some manipulations here in coming days....

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34771_WEMA_BANK_PLC%20WEMA_BANK_PLC_%20_DEC_31,_2021_COURT%20ORDE.pdf
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/34772_WEMA_BANK_PLC%20WEMA_BANK_PLC_%20_DEC_31,_2021_EXTRAORDIN.pdf

Oga @Onegentleguy happy new year sir!
More of God's protection, direction, good health and blessings for us all IJN. cool
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zedicusdgreat: 10:16am On Jan 05, 2022
Good morning guy! I’ve been following this thread for a while now as a guest and I must commend you all for keeping this section alive and also keeping us informed about the markets. I want to buy Nigerian stocks for the longterm but I really don’t know the best online broker. I’ve signed up on wealth.Ng but I’m still a little skeptical. Please I need a little guidance on this area…which is your best broker? And how can I watch the market trade live?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6560) (6561) (6562) (6563) (6564) (6565) (6566) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nnadengram(m), tayejay(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.