Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,274 members, 7,818,933 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10895962 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6612) (6613) (6614) (6615) (6616) (6617) (6618) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:18pm On Feb 23, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Not possible in the next 3 years

The shareholder earning per share can reach or even exceed 50k this year if the acceleration of earnings quarter on quarter as seen in 2021 q1, q2, and q3 continues.

Not sure of their dividend policy. If it is up to 75% of EPS. A dividend of 50k is possible in the next two to three years. But 75% dividend policy looks too high. Thus possible but too high an expectation for dividends.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2022
BabsO2:

The shareholder earning per share can reach or even exceed 50k this year if the acceleration of earnings quarter on quarter as seen in 2021 q1, q2, and q3 continues.

Not sure of their dividend policy. If it is up to 75% of EPS. A dividend of 50k is possible in the next two to three years. But 75% dividend policy looks too high. Thus possible but too high an expectation for dividends.
Transcorp has not paid more than 5k dividend since 2015. They may likely pay between 3k - 5k this year. I don't see them paying more than 15k, even in the next 3 years, though nothing is impossible in NSE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2022
kolaish:
Transcorp has not paid more than 5k dividend since 2015. They may likely pay between 3k - 5k this year. I don't see them paying more than 15k, even in the next 3 years, though nothing is impossible in NSE.

Leave dividend aside. What shareholder EPS do you see for 2021 and 2022 respectively. I see minimum of 28k and 40k respectively based on their 2021 Q3 report.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gbengafaro1986: 12:12am On Feb 24, 2022
Elemelu pay 75% of EPS ...e be like sey u just start to dey invest in his companies grin
BabsO2:

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:36am On Feb 24, 2022
Oil goes beyond $101 hmmm

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 8:22am On Feb 24, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

The seed for a mega oil boom has been sown. There is a high level of underinvestment in the fossil energy space. And couple with the ESG movement/agents blocking financing fossil fuel production, there is going to be a severe energy shortage. And that was why I placed Brent getting to $220 per barrel and natural gas hitting $17. But that would be after oil and Nat gas decline considerably first before they spike out into space.

I hold a contrary view to BBM. I'm expecting 2022 till 2023 to be a bumper harvest for EMs. It will be a parabolic rise never seem before. I expect NSE ASI to reach 100K if not more.

Summarily, my forecasts:

Brent $220 after it declines to $30 to $50 range.

Nat gas $17 after it falls towards $2.4

NSE ASI to 100K.

Do you Due diligence.

@RabbiDoracle, the only rabbi on NSEMPA and renowned global affairs analyst, your predictions may come to pass sooner than we thought o!

Well done baba.

Oil prices have surged past $100 (£74) a barrel after Russian President Vladimir Putin launched a "special military operation" in the eastern Donbas region of Ukraine.

These are the highest levels seen by the international benchmark Brent crude futures in more than seven years.

Prices jumped earlier this week before cooling amid economic sanctions and moves to block a Russian gas pipeline.

Russia is the second biggest exporter of crude oil after Saudi Arabia.

It is also the world's largest natural gas exporter.

"We could see prices keeping the momentum," said Tina Teng, a markets analyst at CMC Markets.

"Investors are concerned about an even tighter supply, caused by the US sanctions on Russia to target the key supply source, the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline," she told the BBC.

Nord Stream 2 is a 1,200km pipeline under the Baltic Sea, which will take gas from the Russian coast near St Petersburg to Lubmin in Germany.

The pipeline does not yet have an operating licence - and Germany has now put this on hold.

It took the step after Russia formally recognised two breakaway regions in eastern Ukraine, and sent troops there.

The US, UK and some of their allies have also imposed a series of sanctions on Russia in response to Mr Putin's actions against Ukraine.

The UK has frozen the assets of five banks and three Russian billionaires, who have also been hit with travel bans.

On Tuesday, Boris Johnson said these sanctions were a "first barrage" and could be extended.

"The moves by Russia suggest economic sanctions are not having any significant impact in holding off aggression," said Yeap Jun Rong, a market strategist at IG.

"With retaliation measures coming from Western powers soon, it seems that the situation may show no signs of easing," he added.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:45am On Feb 24, 2022
BabsO2:

Forget earnings, what is their free cash flow.

Where will Transcorp get over N20 billion to pay as dividend at 50k per share ...

Transcorp can't pay a dividend of 50k in the next 3 years

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 8:51am On Feb 24, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

Forget earnings, what is their free cash flow.

Where will Transcorp get over N20 billion to pay as dividend at 50k per share ...

Transcorp can't pay a dividend of 50k in the next 3 years

TRANSCORP DOES NOT NEED UPTO N20 billion to pay N50k, they only need in the range of N5billion, and they have a Retained earnings of N45billion, so it all depends on their Management.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 9:02am On Feb 24, 2022
Let just expect dividend of the range of 15k to 25k from transcorp. (based on projection from Q3)
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:11am On Feb 24, 2022
dharpzee:

TRANSCORP DOES NOT NEED UPTO N20 billion to pay N50k, they only need in the range of N5billion, and they have a Retained earnings of N45billion, so it all depends on their Management.

What will they use for the growth and sustainability of the business when they start dipping hands into the reserves or retained earnings for dividend payments and not for Investments.

Doubt if up to 50% of the retained earnings are cash backed

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dharpzee: 9:21am On Feb 24, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

What will they use for the growth and sustainability of the business when they start dipping hands into the reserves or retained earnings for dividend payments and not for Investments.

Doubt if up to 50% of the retained earnings are cash backed

Lets just wait and see, but at least a range of 15k to 20k can be expected.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 9:45am On Feb 24, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen, what are we buying today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 9:47am On Feb 24, 2022
dharpzee:

Lets just wait and see, but at least a range of 15k to 20k can be expected.

Transcorp price is going up not because of dividend expectation.Dont be deceived because they can't pay you more than 5kobo dividend.

Some decent volume at above 1.25 is expected this morning.Lets see where the price will reach today, tomorrow and Monday before the board meeting which comes up on the 1st March,which is Tuesday next week.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:37am On Feb 24, 2022
Oil price now $103 and rising.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 10:44am On Feb 24, 2022
locodemy:

Transcorp price is going up not because of dividend expectation.Dont be deceived because they can't pay you more than 5kobo dividend.

Some decent volume at above 1.25 is expected this morning.Lets see where the price will reach today, tomorrow and Monday before the board meeting which comes up on the 1st March,which is Tuesday next week.
They dont know that transcorp is now an oil and gas company, apart from being a huge player in the power and other sectors of the economy.
Much of transcorp's improved earnings last year came in the 2nd and 3rd qrt, meaning we may see more improvements especially in the current year.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kolping: 12:28pm On Feb 24, 2022
Hi All,

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

I bought MTN shares on the PrimaryOffer website. My CSCS account was credited after the allotment but recently I checked my CSCS and the shares were missing.

@OBAGADAFFI
@gbengafaro1986
@emmanuelewumi
@emmasoft
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:42pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mpeace:
They dont know that transcorp is now an oil and gas company, apart from being a huge player in the power and other sectors of the economy.
Much of transcorp's improved earnings last year came in the 2nd and 3rd qrt, meaning we may see more improvements especially in the current year.

Which oil and gas field is Transcorp producing from? Hope you are not confusing with HEIRS?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
wanaj0:

Which oil and gas field is Transcorp producing from? Hope you are not confusing with HEIRS?

Exactly. Transcorp has no oil business.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2022
Kolping:
Hi All,

Has anyone else experienced this recently?

I bought MTN shares on the PrimaryOffer website. My CSCS account was credited after the allotment but recently I checked my CSCS and the shares were missing.

@OBAGADAFFI
@gbengafaro1986
@emmanuelewumi
@emmasoft

I hope you are checking the right account.
If you supplied your CHN during the purchase it suppose to be there after allotment and can only be out if you sell or transfer.
First contact your stockbroker for your current cscs statement for confirmation again.

Otherwise the cscs I think your shares was deposited is the non trading account or different from the one you checked.

You will need to contact Coronation Registrars, they will sort you out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 12:52pm On Feb 24, 2022
wanaj0:

There are several publications on transcorp oil and gas. Look through their annual reports and see some. Also google and find many. This is another I got from google. Note that this is different from earlier once.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2022
Mpeace:
There are several publications on transcorp oil and gas. Look through their annual reports and see some. Also google and find many. This is another I got from google. Note that this is different from earlier once.

Looks like transcorp has some stake in the oil well..in conjunction with heirs holding
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:11pm On Feb 24, 2022
dpacificheraclx:
SEPLAT seems to be gathering more energy with the oil price going up......
You can follow your mind and pick some @800 or below since no one is helping out here. The stock may hit 1000 if oil keeps going up like this.
Total is also good, you can pick some units here too.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:13pm On Feb 24, 2022
Lion123:

Exactly. Transcorp has no oil business.

https://heirsoilandgas.com/renewed-confidence-in-nigerian-economy/
The investment of over $1billion by Heirs Holdings in the acquisition of the strategic OML 17 from Shell, ENI and Total,  has been described by various analysts as a very positive affirmation of confidence in the robustness of the Nigerian economy.

At a time of increased pessimism globally and in Nigeria, the huge deal shines a welcome light on the opportunities that are available in Nigeria. Commentators have highlighted the credentials of Heirs Holdings as a committed indigenous business and the presence of Transcorp, Nigeria’s largest listed conglomerate, with over 300,000 shareholders in the transaction. The deal further demonstrates the ability of Tony Elumelu’s led Heirs Holdings to spearhead Africa’s economic resurgence, amidst the calamity posed by COVID-19 pandemic.

For more, listen to the BBC World Report.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:16pm On Feb 24, 2022
yMcy56:

You can follow your mind and pick some @800 since no one is helping out here. The stock may hit 1000 if oil keeps going up like this.

What about oando?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2022
NGXGROUP
Crossed KM25 again.........
Currently sighted @25.65..... smiley
Sighted @26.40.......

One thing observed is that the people buying are not even on queue
Means some entities may be busy accumulating the stock at the background.

**Caveat: Not any form of advice**

**Some pullback in ACCESS, ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2022
sonofElElyon:

What about oando?
Result issue seems to still be affecting Oando, so cautious trading is going on around it for now.

Oando is supposed to benefit from the boom in oil price, I hope they sort their issues out fast so we can know where the company stands.

Though Oando can spring surprise BUT think we should stick to certainty for now. smiley
You may keep eye on it to know when the big boys will reason it's matter.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2022
yMcy56:

Result issue seems to still be affecting Oando, so cautious trading is going on around it for now.

Oando is supposed to benefit from the boom in oil price, I hope they sort their issues out fast so we can know where the company stands.

Though Oando can spring surprise BUT think we should stick to certainty for now. smiley
You may keep eye on it to know when the big boys will reason it's matter.

Thanks mercy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2022
sonofElElyon:

What about oando?

U like 2 much question..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 2:04pm On Feb 24, 2022
yMcy56:

You can follow your mind and pick some @800 or below since no one is helping out here. The stock may hit 1000 if oil keeps going up like this.

U are on point....
Seplat and Total is a buy
Still sold some GTB to pick some Seplat ...
at N730 dis morning...
Its already 850..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kolping: 2:34pm On Feb 24, 2022
Thanks for your message.

Yes, it's my online CSCS account. The shares appeared in my CSCS account after allotment but suddenly disappeared later. I haven't sold or transferred the shares since I want to get the bonus shares after holding for 12 months and also get the recently declared dividend.

I'll send an email to Coronation Registrars and await their explanation.

emmasoft:

I hope you are checking the right account.
If you supplied your CHN during the purchase it suppose to be there after allotment and can only be out if you sell or transfer.
First contact your stockbroker for your current cscs statement for confirmation again.

Otherwise the cscs I think your shares was deposited is the non trading account or different from the one you checked.

You will need to contact Coronation Registrars, they will sort you out.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bennybuhari: 2:45pm On Feb 24, 2022
Ardova.....buy now and thank me later
Lion123:
Ladies and gentlemen, what are we buying today?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 3:14pm On Feb 24, 2022
Willie2015:

U like 2 much question..

It is my question

(1) (2) (3) ... (6612) (6613) (6614) (6615) (6616) (6617) (6618) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Locotrader(m), KarlTom and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.