Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6630) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874076 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6627) (6628) (6629) (6630) (6631) (6632) (6633) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 5:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
sonofElElyon:

Since no one responded I'll take my chances and buy some
This is an attractive price to me. In 2020 when NSE ASI dipped to 26K (almost half of what it is currently) or thereabouts, UBA traded N4-N5 maybe a little lower. To me, such a historical low (at least in a 3-4yr history) is what I would call a margin of expectation if my investment goes wrong. I personally think 50% drop in price during a strong bearish season is not too bad for a long term investor.

I was dreaming of buying while it traded around N6.60-N7 but no funds. Personally, I was waiting to see their 2021 FY and dividend info before increasing my position because Pa Emma mentioned how the low dividend they paid last year might not be a good signal (I don't joke with his analyses). I bought my first batch at around N8-N8.30 last year when there was no news, and now that the P/E and dividend yield signal good returns, I think it is a good buy at current price.

Maybe the following Feb 18th post from a boss will give more support to my opinion:

onegentleguy:

And still talking portfolio weighting, I'll also be more inclined to assign a higher weighting/position in PRESCO than OKOMU given present reality.
...again, a 65-35% or 60-40% weighting should make good sense from a value chase standpoint.

Similarly, I will gladly assign a 70-30% or 75-25% portfolio weighting swapping FBNH for UBA.
However, I will still maintain a slightly higher position in ACCESS ahead of UBA. (max 40% in the later compared to the former)

Selah
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dollarwoman: 5:44pm On Mar 05, 2022
Marketapprentic:

grin Loco my boss is trying and he is representing Peter well well. grin

Where is that Peter self, Is he still in this world? I think he is on run. He may come back to make noise once he sees a little bear.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dollarwoman: 5:50pm On Mar 05, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

So UCAP dividend is more than UBA.

UBA is 8+,while UCAP is 13+.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:29pm On Mar 05, 2022
locodemy:
Because of you and all you have said, From this moment,I will be in a guest mode for a while if not permanent exit.In[/b] as much as I remain a day/swing trader, my 10-100% is sure at Nigeria stock exchange where I trade stocks.
Permanent exit? Lol.
So you no get strong mind like this...... cheesy
Just take it easy, you no k.i.l.l person. You may just have to ignore some comments.
If God should keep track of iniquities, who can stand?

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2022
Capitas7:

This is an attractive price to me. In 2020 when NSE ASI dipped to 26K (almost half of what it is currently) or thereabouts, UBA traded N4-N5 maybe a little lower. To me, such a historical low (at least in a 3-4yr history) is what I would call a margin of expectation if my investment goes wrong. I personally think 50% drop in price during a strong bearish season is not too bad for a long term investor.

I was dreaming of buying while it traded around N6.60-N7 but no funds. Personally, I was waiting to see their 2021 FY and dividend info before increasing my position because Pa Emma mentioned how the low dividend they paid last year might not be a good signal (I don't joke with his analyses). I bought my first batch at around N8-N8.30 last year when there was no news, and now that the P/E and dividend yield signal good returns, I think it is a good buy at current price.

Maybe the following Feb 18th post from a boss will give more support to my opinion:

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2022
Princkez:
UBA@8+ with EPS of #3+ , I don't think it's bad

Great
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2022
@Locodemy,

It is unwise to abandon a car because of 1 flat tyre rather it is better to fix that tyre and use the car much more carefully. My point is one person's opinion of you should not define who you are. People have followed your "picks" and made money likewise some have also lost. It's part of the game that's why many of the ogas on this forum clearly state out "DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE".

So quitting this forum 'cos of someone's criticisms (good or bad) is not worth it.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 6:56pm On Mar 05, 2022
@Locodemy

I remember following your recommendation on Sterling Bank after doing my own DD and I made money there.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:57pm On Mar 05, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by libartay(f): 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2022
GANDALF1:

Then after waiting for 2 months and getting no response, he came back to say that the insider information was wrong and then he sold his OANDO, I think at a loss.

As God will have it, Oando immediately was removed from technical suspension and started flying. The few people that were deceived into Oando made millions .

So he was right after all?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by libartay(f): 8:01pm On Mar 05, 2022
locodemy:

Bia nwoke m, what's the deal naa?

You go begin ghost the forum cos of a tease by a woman? Yes, Gandalf na woman! wink
Akpunwa like you, abeg behave mature, no fall our hand.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gamaliel9: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2022
locodemy:

Chairman.stop all these trashes and face your challenges caused by frustrations of life.

The market was there when we came.
It will also be there while we go.
Any one who does not make money in this market is a greedy one.I give my stock picks and wait for market to discover it and it do work.Is it a crime?People who knows who I am as a day/swing trader join me to make their own gain.I think some of our members here benefited from my stock picks and those who are trapped wanted it so.Must I tell you when I am exiting?

I chose to be a very short term holder of any stock and I have gained much except the ones I got trapped due to miscalculations that is converted to long term and sometimes I sell off at loss and move forward.

Because of you and all you have said, From this moment,I will be in a guest mode for a while if not permanent exit.In
as much as I remain a day/swing trader, my 10-100% is sure at Nigeria stock exchange where I trade stocks.How it works remains a mystery to you forever.

Good bye.

Nwoke m, o burukwa egwu kwusi ya ooo...i made money of your FCMB rise and drop structure. ibukwa onye dot oooo..we die here

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2022
In all honesty,some folks dont know how to engage others on issues they have contrary views/opinions.

I have received a lot of insults on this platform, at a time I was contemplating leaving this platform, but have a rethink
Where were they when this thread was on page 700? they were still in secondary schools struggling to get 40% commerce and economics but now we have schooled them on how to calculate EPS, Price Earning Ratio,Book Value etc but now they are paying us back with insults.
Imagine of one the NSEMPAs telling me"samguru you are a pauper,we know people like you sha send your account number
and let me send you 2k for your breakfast" all this just because I recommended caverton PLC".

well @locodemy if you leave,you are very weak and I strongly believe you are a strong person.
So continue doing your good work.

NSEMPA is worst than real market square!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Curry30: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2022
samguru:
In all honesty,some folks dont know how to engage others on issues they have contrary views/opinions.

I have received a lot of insults on this platform, at a time I was contemplating leaving this platform, but have a rethink
Where were they when this thread was on page 700? they were still in secondary schools struggling to get 40% commerce and economics but now we have schooled them on how to calculate EPS, Price Earning Ratio,Book Value etc but now they are paying us back with insults.
Imagine of one the NSEMPAs telling me"samguru you are a pauper,we know people like you sha send your account number
and let me send you 2k for your breakfast" all this just because I recommended caverton PLC".

well @locodemy if you leave,you are very weak and I strongly believe you are a strong person.
So continue doing your good work.

NSEMPA is worst than real market square!

Oga Samguru, I can only imagine. Those same people won't talk about your info/analysis that made them money oh (Guinness - recent example) It's so annoying.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 7:43am On Mar 06, 2022
samguru:
I have received a lot of insults on this platform.....
and let me send you 2k for your breakfast" all this just because I recommended caverton PLC".!
Lol. You can imagine.......
Make I no even mention my own. grin

Come to think of it: The same FCMB that Locodemy recommended but did otherwise closed @3.41 last Friday.........meaning anyone that followed him then and didn't sell should be sitting on over 200% profit by now. smiley

One thing I've noticed and we discussed here was that Loco have eyes for some of those stocks, only that he doesn't have patience to wait for them......as a jijoist.
He most times leave before the stocks responds......

Can remember the issue of Oando very well, he mentioned it, bought, but left before the magic movement last year............same thing with Honeywell....bought below N1 and not long when he sold, HW moved above N3.........and few other ones.
I think those who benefited should be grateful to him instead.......What if he kept it to himself?

What about Academy, RTBRISCOE.....

No one is perfect and can accurately predict all stocks perfectly. Let's learn to engage in constructive criticisms and not destructive ones that can send invaluable members away from the forum.
They kuku don call me ass.licker before........cos I said similar thing like this. grin

16 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2022
In this landmark episode of the podcast, we chat with Mr Solomon Ogene (Multi asset portfolio manager with Paragon Partners) about portfolio construction and the pros/ cons of investing locally vs internationally.

Thanks for listening.

https://anchor.fm/value-nigeria/episodes/52--Pros--Cons-of-investing-Locally-Vs-Internationally-Conversation-with-Mr-Solomon-Ogene-e1faj4n

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 6:06pm On Mar 06, 2022
If I buy United capital tomorrow morning Monday, will I be entitled to dividend
Please answer
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hustle1: 9:57pm On Mar 06, 2022
GSK Nigeria.... Following some Oga's on this platform who have identified with this stock

Q1 2022 numbers will be exciting! FY 2022 promises to be exciting too.

Full year 2021 revenue closed at 5% over 2020 following a 2.6% growth the previous year. See attached FY report.

Full year recovered from a dismal Q1 2021 that ended 30.66% decline while GSK resisted the temptation of price increases as a quick fix, but thanks to:

1.) A new route to market (With attendant increase logistics costs anyway)
2.) Increased A&P
3.) One-off SAP investment to support new RTM
4.) Increased finished goods inventory (+83% vs LY)
All indicated in the FY report[/i]

While the costs of logistics, energy and A&P will not go down suddenly,

I have three questions on my mind?

1.) Can GSK repeat a result that is an average of the last 3 quarters of 2021 this 1st quarter of 2022? That will simply be an 83% growth [i](40% growth is enough for me grin)
in revenue.....How that impacts the share price will be determined by the market.
2.) Can GSK match the 40k dividend of 2021?
3.) Will the manufacturing partnership with Fidson and subsequent technological transfer to Nigeria drive the parent companies to increase their stake in GSK Nigeria from the current 46.4% and what will the impact on the share price?

2022 promises to be good for GSK in my assessment! ..... wink wink

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 1:01am On Mar 07, 2022
eziokwunwoko:
If I buy United capital tomorrow morning Monday, will I be entitled to dividend
Please answer

Yup, tomorrow (Monday) is your last chance
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Calebbold: 6:10am On Mar 07, 2022
Oil price: $130 per barrel.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Salvationone: 6:30am On Mar 07, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Recession in US and some EU states is inevitable. Emerging markets will only face hardship in various forms or another. The weaker EMs (non-commodity based) will also be in recession along side the developed world. Emerging Market Assets will become a strong buy as investment leave recession areas.

The mad has inherited the earth. God protect the poor.

Good morning all,

The prediction by this great oracle is coming to pass little by little and sooner or later NSE has no choice than to respond.

It is well

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by samguru(m): 7:24am On Mar 07, 2022
Crude oil at $129.94

Nigeria is in big trouble
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:44am On Mar 07, 2022
libartay:

Bia nwoke m, what's the deal naa?

You go begin ghost the forum cos of a tease by a woman? Yes, Gandalf na woman! wink
Akpunwa like you, abeg behave mature, no fall our hand.

Caroline save your drama, we don't need your soap opera.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 7:57am On Mar 07, 2022
samguru:
Crude oil at $129.94

Nigeria is in big trouble

Why? I thought Nigeria exports more crude than it buys back as refined.

If we had refineries up and running, this period would have been a great time to offset our debts.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by libartay(f): 8:22am On Mar 07, 2022
ositadima1:

Caroline save your drama, we don't need your soap opera.

You're Gandalf? His shoe shiner?
Buzz off

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 8:53am On Mar 07, 2022
onegentleguy:

I just published an article with the title:

"BETWEEN UKRAINE, RUSSIA AND THE NSE"

https://www.booksie.com/668849-between-ukraine-russia-and-the-nse

A extensive look at how the recent RUSSIA-UKRAINE crisis might impact on certain select assets in the Nigerian stock exchange.
...making sense of the tiny details between top-down impact and current bottom-up stand of the companies involved with a view to seeking VALUE!

It's published on booksie, the U.K blog, medium and the personal finance section of some select Nigerian dailies.
You may wish to read through by using the link above.

Regards.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Investingcom/status/1500695930164686849

https://financialedge.com.ng/2021-dangote-increases-sugar-production-by-9-2-to-811962-tonnes/?amp
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by pizapato(m): 8:57am On Mar 07, 2022
RabbiDoracle:
Recession in US and some EU states is inevitable. Emerging markets will only face hardship in various forms or another. The weaker EMs (non-commodity based) will also be in recession along side the developed world. Emerging Market Assets will become a strong buy as investment leave recession areas.

The mad has inherited the earth. God protect the poor.

Salvationone:

Good morning all,

The prediction by this great oracle is coming to pass little by little and sooner or later NSE has no choice than to respond.

It is well

Asian markets are already feeling the heat as a result of the rise in crude price

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dpacificheraclx(m): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2022
Impressive highlights. However, something about its asset base makes me feel somehow about the company, the management is on track to sell around N715.45 million in PPE.

Hustle1:
GSK Nigeria.... Following some Oga's on this platform who have identified with this stock

Q1 2022 numbers will be exciting! FY 2022 promises to be exciting too.

Full year 2021 revenue closed at 5% over 2020 following a 2.6% growth the previous year. See attached FY report.

Full year recovered from a dismal Q1 2021 that ended 30.66% decline while GSK resisted the temptation of price increases as a quick fix, but thanks to:

1.) A new route to market (With attendant increase logistics costs anyway)
2.) Increased A&P
3.) One-off SAP investment to support new RTM
4.) Increased finished goods inventory (+83% vs LY)
All indicated in the FY report[/i]

While the costs of logistics, energy and A&P will not go down suddenly,

I have three questions on my mind?

1.) Can GSK repeat a result that is an average of the last 3 quarters of 2021 this 1st quarter of 2022? That will simply be an 83% growth [i](40% growth is enough for me grin)
in revenue.....How that impacts the share price will be determined by the market.
2.) Can GSK match the 40k dividend of 2021?
3.) Will the manufacturing partnership with Fidson and subsequent technological transfer to Nigeria drive the parent companies to increase their stake in GSK Nigeria from the current 46.4% and what will the impact on the share price?

2022 promises to be good for GSK in my assessment! ..... wink wink

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by newacca: 9:14am On Mar 07, 2022
Hello family,
I'm new here. Veterans and gurus, please, how long does CSCS global name search takes?

I wish everyone a bullish week.
Thank you all.

Onegentleguy, Samguru, Locodemy, Ymcy56, Nigerialabalaba and other gurus here, please help o.
Please o.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6627) (6628) (6629) (6630) (6631) (6632) (6633) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kereokwu(f), iamrichiefola(m), mails4funshi(m), Ginalex(f), ositadima1(m), teejay1334(m), perfectgen(m), Emndy(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.