Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10874876 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) (6685) (6686) (6687) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:01am On May 02, 2022
DrAwo:

Lol...
Don't let the palm oil merchants and palm oil believers see this your post oh...
You are breaking hearts...

I don't know much about palm oil etc. But UCAP rise was necessary giving the value it was to give.

2.62 when I first purchased it (my biggest regret was not buying more of it then) and now sharing 1.5 as dividend, over 50% in dividend payout per share. Still maintain tops at dividend(Revenue), I see no flash.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:09am On May 02, 2022
ositadima1:

I understand you're typing quickly so you didn't bring the point to complition. Vitafoam, Ucap preserved their gains so far...

The point I was trying to explain is that parabolas ultimately crash. And it does so violently no matter how long it is kept up.

Though some are yet to crash so far and examples are MICROSOFT and APPLE.

See the $MSFT parabola. It looks beautiful, innit?

See the Volkswagen Parabola.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 11:10am On May 02, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

Not having argument with you either.

Yen is currently being devalued against USD. The same with Euro. Check EURUSD and USDJPY.

My point is when you see the index breakout, that is when media starts to talk of how FPIs are bidding the market. Try and use morningstar as your guide on level of FPI participation.

The markets with such negatives are the best ripe for a massive bull run.

Okay, I see. What you are saying is that the frequent devaluation of our currency is not a deterrent to funds coming in. In other words the returns they will make will outweigh the devaluations loss.

Me I do not want to wait to hear from media, I want to be inside the ride before the media starts talking
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 11:13am On May 02, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:35am On May 02, 2022
Dum20:

Okay, I see. What you are saying is that the frequent devaluation of our currency is not a deterrent to funds coming in. In other words the returns they will make will outweigh the devaluations loss.

Me I do not want to wait to hear from media, I want to be inside the ride before the media starts talking

It is simple maths.

Naira goes from say N360 to N590, this is 39% devaluation loss.

If I brought in $1m and invested in an asset that rose from N2 to N12 (e.g UCAP) , let's break it down:

At $1= N360, my fund is N360m.

Excluding fees, I get 180m units of UCAP.

Sell at average of N12 and I get N2.16B excluding fees.

That is 500% gain in naira value.

Now exchange rate is $1= N590,

Final fund will be $3.66m, increase of 266% in dollar value.

This excludes dividends from the stock which when added beats devaluation of the currency.

Questions :
-Are you not basing your assumptions on hindsight( it has already happened)
-How do you find similar asset that is yet to attain such price like UCAP?
- If there are controls, how do you take your funds out?

1st question : Use foresight, research to find the new multi-baggers

2nd question : look around and you will see value. There are people whose job is to forecast possible selling price targets.

3rd question: Leave story. grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 11:58am On May 02, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

It is simple maths.

If I brought in $1m and invested in an asset that rose from N2 to N12 (e.g UCAP) , let's break it down:

This excludes dividends from the stock which when added beats devaluation of the currency.

Questions :

2nd question : look around and you will see value. There are people whose job is to forecast possible selling price targets.

You are toooooo much. I get the big picture now. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 12:14pm On May 02, 2022
Dum20:

Taking you where?

1 to 10 bonus will lead to increase in tradable shares and drop in price.

Also that will lead in drop in dividend per share
oga you don't know what you are saying.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

The following happening majorly in the US, EU

-bond selloff
-equities selloff
-crypto asset selloff around the world

Funds don't stay idle. Where will the funds go to?

Sectors currently receiving the funds :
- Metals (gold, silver)
- Commodities
- then Emerging markets with commodity backing.

They don't have a choice.

If you say funds flow to shorting overvalued assets, the maximum you can make shorting assets is 99.9%. It is only when you go long that you make astronomical gains.

For sure. Even less is fine with maximum of 48hrs play, and moving forward to target others meeting appropriate set ups.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 12:30pm On May 02, 2022
naturalflow:
oga you don't know what you are saying.

Oga Please enlighten me.

From what I understand they are going to introduce approx 200 Million additional shares of Fidson. Usually when that happens the share price will go down.

Also they will require to make more profit to retain the dividend they pay per share.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by naturalflow: 1:06pm On May 02, 2022
Dum20:

Oga Please enlighten me.

From what I understand they are going to introduce approx 200 Million additional shares of Fidson. Usually when that happens the share price will go down.

Also they will require to make more profit to retain the dividend they pay per share.
if you take a look at the last quarter result,the fear of dilution has been taken care of
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:10pm On May 02, 2022
Dum20:

Oga Please enlighten me.

For a stock that its fundamentals are intact and they are growing their earnings you don't need to worry if they issued bonus.
I remember GTBank then consistently gave 1:4 yearly before they stop and their dividend pay out was also on the increase because earnings was also on the increase. Looking at Fidson I believe they can cope well with the increased outstanding shares.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 2:10pm On May 02, 2022
Please Conoil Corporate action details
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2022
ositadima1:

I don't know much about palm oil etc. But UCAP rise was necessary giving the value it was to give.

2.62 when I first purchased it (my biggest regret was not buying more of it then) and now sharing 1.5 as dividend, over 50% in dividend payout per share. Still maintain tops at dividend(Revenue), I see no flash.

With an earning growth about 25% in the last 4 years and with the possibility to continue at 20% for the next 3 years.

I think United Capital is still good at the current price for long term Investors.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 10:11pm On May 02, 2022
emmasoft:

Alternatives to PHCN as proof of address or utility bill:

1. If it's not NIN slip you used for means of identification you can use NIN slip and in that case the address on the NIN slip will now be your residential address.

2. You can use the first page of your signed bank account statement. Like the first option the address on your bank statement will also be indicated as your residential address.
If you have account with GTBank and do internet banking you can generate a signed bank statement without going to the bank hall

3. You can use the current receipt or agreement of your tenancy

4. If you are in Lagos, LAWMA receipt can also be used.

If you need any further clarification. Call/chat with the number on my signature

Boss I want to open an Investment One account. I have a question however please. Does it help to process dividend collection, I know United capital does that.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 10:21pm On May 02, 2022
ebuka1997:

Boss I want to open an Investment One account. I have a question however please. Does it help to process dividend collection, I know United capital does that.

Yes you can open account click on the link on my signature to open account for free.
Yes Investment one can help process dividend collections.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ebuka1997: 10:23pm On May 02, 2022
emmasoft:

Yes you can open account click on the link on my signature to open account for free.
Yes Investment one can help process dividend collections.

Okay thanks I will open.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:20am On May 03, 2022
onegentleguy:

By the way, that part in italics when implemented, I think, should be good news to a coy like CAVERTON.

I hope it comes down to <N1 before then though.

It is well.

My Oga, the 'lifting' will not benefit anyone apart from SEPLAT. What that contract meant is that SEPLAT will SELL its crude to CHEVRON at the CHEVRON terminal at ESCRAVOS.

SEPLAT have a more expensive export option that they use. They barge their crude with security export.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:36am On May 03, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

It is simple maths.

Questions :

What you've left out is the TIME element! Can you wait for the price to move from N2 to N15? How many people have the stamina to wait that long? How many people can withstand the dips that occur during that period without selling in a panic?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 12:53am On May 03, 2022
husu:
@Wanajo, I salute. This husu. What of our guys, Wendi Wendi, samstone, father of 2, puming77, and co? Can you tell me more about your portfolios from then till now. I know you're a long term trader. Meanwhile, conoil is also into producing. They are in the upstream and downstream. Likewise total.

Thanks.

Basically you win some and lose some. Just ensure that your winners are more than your losers.

I have moved from when FBN and GTB were my biggest holdings to now where NEM, SEPLAT and United Capital are my biggest holdings.

All in all, it has being an interesting ride and I am better off now than then.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:48am On May 03, 2022
wanaj0:

Thanks.

Basically you win some and lose some. Just ensure that your winners are more than your losers.

I have moved from when FBN and GTB were my biggest holdings to now where NEM, SEPLAT and United Capital are my biggest holdings.

It seems you are newbie here as I just started seeing your name here. My advice is don't make any insurance coy one of your largest holding as those guys can burn your fingers. Insurance coys are good for jijo but not long term.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 11:57am On May 03, 2022
petaling:

It seems you are newbie here as I just started seeing your name here. My advice is don't make any insurance coy one of your largest holding as those guys can burn your fingers. Insurance coys are good for jijo but not long term.

Newbie indeed!!!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 12:00pm On May 03, 2022
Welcome back, Wanaj0, RabbiDoracle and co.

It is so refreshing to be reading from you guys again.

I sincerely apologize for the way other people treated you guys back then and i hope to be reading more from your intellectual pens going forward.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:10pm On May 03, 2022
petaling:

I laugh in Nigerian languages grin
@Wanaj0 na founding fathers o. Guru and chief with red cap.
If possible find a way to get across to him to learn more on the length, width, thickness and hight of stocks investment in Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 12:51pm On May 03, 2022
petaling:

grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:01pm On May 03, 2022
wanaj0:

My Oga, the 'lifting' will not benefit anyone apart from SEPLAT. What that contract meant is that SEPLAT will SELL its crude to CHEVRON at the CHEVRON terminal at ESCRAVOS.

SEPLAT have a more expensive export option that they use. They barge their crude with security export.

Well noted sir Wanajo!

Regards
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:06pm On May 03, 2022
petaling:

Na wa oooo, you just dey jump anyhow. Newbie indeed.

Invest in what you understand

I guess his average cost price for NEM should be 50k or there about

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:09pm On May 03, 2022
petaling:

Newbie ko! ...that's funny Sir. cheesy cheesy
The person you refered to is even more than an old bird... with verse knowledge of the investment space both locally and intl'lly.

He probably bought the insurance coy you referenced (NEM) @ less than 70k on average. By implication, he already bagged well over 470% ROI, and that, excluding cash flow accruals from YoY dividends.
Even if he hadn't sold any, his div cash return alone would've had a principal coverage of near 2x multiple by now. (He could have doubled up on his initial invested capital thru that means)
Put differently, he'll likely afford to lose all the money he invested therein if the equity peg drops to zero (even if it's in billions) and still be able to contribute to resuscitating NEM insurance should they declare for bankruptcy today. wink cheesy grin

So worry not Sir!
It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:29pm On May 03, 2022
petaling:

Hahaha....wanaj0$$$$$ don suffer oh.
Guy na one the most loaded board members of NEM you open mouth call newbie?
Just pray make Oga Nosa2 no see/read this your post.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 1:34pm On May 03, 2022
eziokwunwoko:
Please Conoil Corporate action details

CONOIL...
Proposed div: N2.5
QD: May 30
CDR: May 31
PD: Yet to be communicated.

Do take care.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by phemmie06(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2022
Sir Wanajo your gospel on NEM during the old days of SMN made me have the few units I have now. My NEM na dash as of today
wanaj0:

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by cornwall: 2:16pm On May 03, 2022
RabbiDoracle:

It is simple maths.

Questions :

The statement simply means N590 now would have a purchasing power of N360, which is clearly a decrease in power for N590 prior to devaluation. Thus your math is wrong the percentage devaluation is not 39% but 63.89%.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 2:40pm On May 03, 2022
Mr Onegentleguy:
Good morning
Please I need your advice,
I want to buy Fidson based on Q4 2021 and Q12022 results.
Should I go ahead?
Is worth it waiting for UAC dividend mark down before selling.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6681) (6682) (6683) (6684) (6685) (6686) (6687) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: tayejay(m), Objectivist04, Choiceguy and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.