Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,738 members, 7,851,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:01 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6708) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11033543 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6705) (6706) (6707) (6708) (6709) (6710) (6711) ... (7805) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:13pm On May 20, 2022
AIRTEL
Officially overtake Nestle in terms of pricing on the exchange..... smiley
AIRTEL: N1,470
NESTLE: N1,401

SEPLAT
1. AGM Outcome.........
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36051_SEPLAT_ENERGY_PLC%20CORPORATE_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_THE_RESULT.pdf

2. Update on MOBIL Producing Acquisition.....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36052_SEPLAT_ENERGY_PLC%20CORPORATE_ANNOUNCEMENT_ON_AN_UPDATE_.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 12:35pm On May 20, 2022
Abeg elders, abeg what is Presco earnings saying? With my inexperienced eyes I see it screaming buy buy buy.

And the declared dividend is massive
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 12:44pm On May 20, 2022
Ades1:
Abeg elders, abeg what is Presco earnings saying? With my inexperienced eyes I see it screaming buy buy buy.

And the declared dividend is massive

There is something i find interesting going on on the floor of the market.

You GTCO 13million offers at 23.80 and 42k bids at 23.75.

Logic says that the bids at N23.75 will be picked up, but is not the case.

Book trades are showing that the stock is being bought at N23.80.

Does it mean someone is deliberately buying at a higher price when there are cheaper bids?
?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:56pm On May 20, 2022
Dum20:

Does it mean someone is deliberately buying at a higher price when there are cheaper bids?
?

You will get it for N23.80 If you buy at the Market price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by safepaulooo(m): 1:01pm On May 20, 2022
GTCO MM game

Dum20:

?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:06pm On May 20, 2022
CAVERTON: 1.10!!
Looking more attractive from here.......if it can get to N1 and below will be good too.....

MEYER:
Sighted @3.30......
This market no just balance, see as it's pursuing M&B......and conveniently overtake Neimeth...... grin

FIDELITY: Sighted @3.45
What could be wrong here??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 1:10pm On May 20, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

You will get it for N23.80 If you buy at the Market price.

I know. It is being bought at N23.80.

But it is curios is that I saw offers at N23.75 and people were still buying at N23.80.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:28pm On May 20, 2022
Dum20:
know. It is being bought at N23.80.
But it is curios is that I saw offers at N23.75 and people were still buying at N23.80.
It's cross deals.......
Some transactions are picked at premium......
Some picked a bit high to accommodate the volumes required....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Slimdove: 1:29pm On May 20, 2022
yMcy56:
CAVERTON: 1.10!!
Looking more attractive from here.......if it can get to N1 and below will be good too.....

MEYER:
Sighted @3.30......
This market no just balance, see as it's pursuing M&B......and conveniently overtake Neimeth...... grin

OGG suggesting CAVERTON below 1 grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 1:31pm On May 20, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

I don't support this idea.

Same way they unbundled Transcorp Hotel?

The transcorp hotel is not unbundled yet, if not we would have had our shares of it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:32pm On May 20, 2022
JAIZ BANK!!!
Huge volumes ongoing here @0.90k........
Touched 0.76k earlier...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 1:33pm On May 20, 2022
yMcy56:

It's cross deals.......

Okay, i see,

They are cross deals. The price is already agreed on and will not change no matter what is going on in the market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:38pm On May 20, 2022
Slimdove:
suggesting CAVERTON below 1 grin
Oh!! Ok.
Didn't see that....... smiley
Also think it wouldn't be bad from N1.10 and below....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:42pm On May 20, 2022
Dum20:
., i see,
They are cross deals. The price is already agreed on and will not change no matter what is going on in the market.
Exactly!!

See the case of JAIZ BANK now, the bulk of the volumes exchanging hands are/were cross deals at premium price of 0.90k..........
Whereas, JAIZ is doing 0.83k and below in the market.......
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:53pm On May 20, 2022
OrgasmDonorxoxo:
Hello � house
Please I want your advise, does the dividend and bonus proposed by MCNICHOLS make it a buy for the short term?
If you're a risk taker, you can buy.......
It's highly illiquid and may continue the upward movement for this reason, coupled with the bonus of 6:5 declared and 0.03k Dividend.
Also, the stock belongs to the Consumer Goods family and may witness more upside in coming days......all things being equal. I think it's fundamentally not bad too.

You'll just have to plan to hold it for long should you wait to collect Bonus and Dividend, then have a strategy in place to average it down after markdown.........before bonuses are added.
Qualification Date is 30/06/2022.

Can remember saying something about MCNICHOLS here when it was around 77k. Has delivered over +160% gain since then.
Most of the transactions done were Directors dealings.

**Caveat: This is purely my opinion, I may be wrong as I no be expert, grin .....Apply DD pls**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:59pm On May 20, 2022
yMcy56:

It's cross deals.......
What's the meaning of cross deals?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ololufemi: 2:00pm On May 20, 2022
Dum20:

Okay, i see,

Whenever I see cross deals or trades regarding stocks, it just screams insider deals or trades. I just get the feeling that someone has gotten wind of some information that is not yet out in the public space.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:07pm On May 20, 2022
onegentleguy:
@ mcy56 trust you still remember the post above!

Some folks probably forget that LINKAGE ASSURANCE owns a core stake (circa 11.76%) in Stanbic Ibtc Pensions. ...Nigeria's biggest PFA/PFC, accounting for near 40% of the country's total pension fund with FUM/AUM in excess of N11 Trillion.

Present mkt price is rediculously cheap... because even if you value LINKAGE using just 5% of the coys portfolio in Stanbic Pensions, it's FV would compute to N2.16.
Still very fresh in memory boss. wink
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 2:08pm On May 20, 2022
Mpeace:
The transcorp hotel is not unbundled yet, if not we would have had our shares of it.
But it is listed separately.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 2:09pm On May 20, 2022
Wapgod:

Ordinarily when you are to buy or sell shares the other partner to the deal is not known.
In the case of cross deals, both the buyer and seller know each other one way or the other.

There is always a pre-determined price for the deal between both parties irrespective of the current market price.

Unlike normal purchase/sale order the cash involved don't get to the stockbroking account apart from the charges which in most cases is charged to the buyer's account depending on the agreement anyway.

So cross deals are not market manipulation it's just a type of buy/sell between known parties.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2022
OBAGADAFFI:

But it is listed separately.

Yes, but not unbundled. Transcorp still has majority stake.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 2:18pm On May 20, 2022
Presco being punished for poor dividend.
Fullest bid at 180.
They gave only N6.60 despite an Eps of N19.32.
For a N200 stock. The dividend is just about 3% dividend yield almost same with transcorp at 2%.
Some of our indigenous companies are just too greedy and stingy with dividends.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by wanaj0: 2:26pm On May 20, 2022
Mpeace:
Fullest bid at 180.
For a N200 stock. The dividend is just about 3% dividend yield almost same with transcorp at 2%.

PRESCO should not be paying this much dividend considering the level of debt!

Current price is suppose to reflect FUTURE growth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 2:50pm On May 20, 2022
Mpeace:
Fullest bid at 180.
Presco no be indigenous company like dem Transcorp o.
Tey tey , everyone don sabi say Presco no dey pay like Okomu I believe say dis time, na becos of SIAO and d scrip bonus issues dem won do.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:57pm On May 20, 2022
Wapgod:

emmasoft:
So cross deals are not market manipulation it's just a type of buy/sell between known parties.
Could also be a trade between two customers' account of same broking house....
Or transactions between customers in different broking houses, with an agreement to buy/sell Same security at certain amount.

Hope I get it right. wink
Thanks @Emmasoft
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by nuella2015: 3:00pm On May 20, 2022
What is d best broker to use in trading local stock, Bancorp, Chaka, or meristem? Which one is good? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:11pm On May 20, 2022
NEM
2021 FYE Dividend paid.
Is there no poster with NEM here? As I didn't see any alert post. Lol.
Make Una pay your tithe o. tongue

PRESCO
Corporate announcement..
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36055_PRESCO_PLC%20CORPORATE_ACTIONS_ANNOUNCEMENTS_CORPORATE_A.pdf

PRESCO Q1:
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36056_PRESCO_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2022_F.pdf

VERISTAKAP Q1
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/36058_VERITAS_KAPITAL_ASSURANCE_PLC%20_QUARTER_1_%20_FINANCIAL_S.pdf

MCNICHOLS
Lots of Directors and relatives of Directors dealings ....
https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/106_MCNICHOLS_SHARE_SALE_NOTIFICATION_IJEOMA_19052022.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 3:17pm On May 20, 2022
sterlingD:
I want to ask is today the payment day for Axamansard dividend
Kereokwu:
Good evening, pls has AXA Mansard paid dividend?
The payment date has been shifted to 14th of July 2022.l was able to confirm from my stockbroker

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 3:36pm On May 20, 2022
yMcy56:

Could also be a trade between two customers' account of same broking house....
Or transactions between customers in different broking houses, with an agreement to buy/sell Same security at certain amount.

Hope I get it right. wink
Thanks @Emmasoft

sure @YMcy56 you correct 101/100 grin The koko is that agreed and arrangement between known parties is key. In fact, it's even easier when the two investors are in the same stockbroking house.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2022
Mpeace:
Fullest bid at 180.

It is a growth stock, dividend payout ratio is about 30%. With a return on equity of 40% and 70% of the earnings plough back into the business, you should expect a sustainabe earning growth of about 28% which is huge

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 5:11pm On May 20, 2022
ololufemi:

Whenever I see cross deals or trades regarding stocks, it just screams insider deals or trades. I just get the feeling that someone has gotten wind of some information that is not yet out in the public space.

A lot of companies have been having cross deals in the past few weeks.

Maybe it is the foreign investors Oracle was talking about.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 5:12pm On May 20, 2022
emmasoft:

Ordinarily when you are to buy or sell shares the other partner to the deal is not known.
In the case of cross deals, both the buyer and seller know each other one way or the other.

There is always a pre-determined price for the deal between both parties irrespective of the current market price.

Unlike normal purchase/sale order the cash involved don't get to the stockbroking account apart from the charges which in most cases is charged to the buyer's account depending on the agreement anyway.

And it is a good sign right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6705) (6706) (6707) (6708) (6709) (6710) (6711) ... (7805) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: courage89(m), otokx(m), reucom, chillykelly86(m), unite4real, emmaodet, Zagee and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.