Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,948 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10948550 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6828) (6829) (6830) (6831) (6832) (6833) (6834) ... (7776) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2022
yMcy56:

Are you serious or joking boss?
OK. So you agreed with Oga RabbiDoracle on this shey.....
Let's hope it comes to pass make I dey assist to collect loot tithes on behalf of you and Oga Oracle. grin

I no know about wetin Oracle talk o but na my own gut analysis be this

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ggoldmine: 12:38am On Dec 23, 2022
Please, how did you check yours? Mine isn't reflecting on my itrade by Morgan.

yMcy56:

You're right. Just confirmed now.
Thanks sir.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 1:36am On Dec 23, 2022
ggoldmine:
Please, how did you check yours? Mine isn't reflecting on my itrade by Morgan.

Check your cscs account not your trading account for your bonuses. Most trading accounts are not configured to add bonuses to your holdings except you give specific instructions to your broker.

The most authentic source to confirm your holdings in any company is your cscs statement or from the registrar.

Request your broker to send it. The service is free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:52am On Dec 23, 2022
Please who has a connection with Morgan Capital Securities should inform them to check their mails.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 5:55am On Dec 23, 2022
yMcy56:
FBNH Huge volume towards closing up to 11.20.......Up with +0.50k .
I have sent you a mail

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sonofElElyon: 6:57am On Dec 23, 2022
Why was I able to sell up 562,000 units out of my universal insurance shares after over a year
Is there good news in the offing for the company?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fatale: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2022
Greetings Great Investors What Performing Stocks Should One Buy Against Next Year? Advice Urgently Needed Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2022
thesilentone:
grin grin
The much younger Warren believed in Technical Analysis.

I agree but he unlearnt a few things along the way...

https://twitter.com/Business_Unions/status/1605915456111607810?t=41DzJycvETqxmW9nZkO6kw&s=19

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Dum20: 9:00am On Dec 23, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

Don't worry
A repeat of January 2018 is loading. Don't sell too early. GTCo, Zenith, Stanbic are all headed above 40

I think the repeat of January 2018 bull has occured in January 2022.

2018 was a year before 2019 elections. There was no significant bull in 2019.

I think a repeat might occur early 2023.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2022
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by dapix: 12:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
NGX closes today 23rd December 2022 @ 12.30pm, also on 30th December 2022

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
1billion single inflow on GEREGU as it has been happening all week. Where's the cap on this? We can only sit tight for this long ride...
About 20% below IPO from a 102. This will be interesting, hopefully. cool

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
If Buffet was in this market, he would be scooping up GEREGU n GTCO
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by thesilentone(m): 12:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
Change of broker coming up.

For those who have Afrinvest or others, please what has your experience been?

Important for me is Rate of response from customer service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2022
emmasoft:
Check your cscs account not your trading account for your bonuses. Most trading accounts are not configured to add bonuses to your holdings except you give specific instructions to your broker.

The most authentic source to confirm your holdings in any company is your cscs statement or from the registrar.

Request your broker to send it. The service is free.
....OR pay for CSCS Online yearly individual service to be able to access your CSCS account anytime......as long as your subscription is active.
Annual subscription fee for individual is around 3k now (below 3k before).

** Any difference you see in your CSCS statement in comparison wt your trading portfolio, inform your broker to update your trading portfolio with it**

CC: @ggoldmine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2022
uthor=ositadima1 post=119313407]

What about ROIC? For all I know they may have used a lot of debt to finance their businesses. What is their debt-to-equity ratio like?

[/quote]

They also have a lot of cash in the bank
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2022
I am back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:42pm On Dec 23, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

uthor=ositadima1 post=119313407]

What about ROIC? For all I know they may have used a lot of debt to finance their businesses. What is their debt-to-equity ratio like?

They also have a lot of cash in the bank

With a ROE of 112.9% (Earnings was larger than shareholders equity), the high debt-to-equity of 254.2% (two and half times) was utilized very well. Its a good company!

The problem is in d cost of d stock, it is too expensive comparatively. PE at 16.7 times needs to come down to around 12 times. See some highlights below.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2022
At current price dividend yield is 5% even with very high payout ratio of 86%(shared 86% of 46 billion to shareholder, i think grin ).

He too cost, except u bought at discount, then hold.

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2022
ositadima1:

With a ROE of 112.9% (Earnings was larger than shareholders equity), the high debt-to-equity of 254.2% (two and half times) was utilized very well. Its a good company!

The problem is in d cost of d stock, it is too expensive comparatively. PE at 16.7 times needs to come down to around 12 times. See some highlights below.

What is the book value?
ROE is strongly correlated to PBV. From my gut experience, for every 10% increase in ROE, I expect an increase in PBV by a multiple of 1. So if ROE is 112%, the an appropriate market price should not be less than a PBV of 11.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:00pm On Dec 23, 2022
ositadima1:

But earnings are growing by about 20% every year, PE ratio does not tell the whole story.

What is the net debt of the company? That is the total debts minus the cash and cash equivalents. If you divide the figure by the FCF firm and you have less 4 and below, then nothing to worry about the company's debt
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

What is the book value?
ROE is strongly correlated to PBV. From my gut experience, for every 10% increase in ROE, I expect an increase in PBV by a multiple of 1. So if ROE is 112%, the an appropriate market price should not be less than a PBV of 11.

The price book value is about N50 or thereabout.

NB, I don't have Nestle again
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

The price book value is about N50 or thereabout.

NB, I don't have Nestle again

So PBV is around 20 for a stock price of 1k. It is not cheap for me save for the consistent growth

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:11pm On Dec 23, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

So PBV is around 20 for a stock price of 1k. It is not cheap for me save for the consistent growth

I believe the book value was understated
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

I believe the book value was understated

Which is better than those who over state it eg Oando
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

What is the book value?

PBV to be 7.4, if my calculation is right then ur gut says its undervalued. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2022
ositadima1:

PBV to be 7.4, if my calculation is right then ur gut says its undervalued. lipsrsealed

Yes coupled with the growth.
I haven't calculated it to confirm though.

However, it has to be cheaper e.g. PBV 3/4 to catch my money Lol
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:27pm On Dec 23, 2022
ositadima1:
At current price dividend yield is 5% even with very high payout ratio of 86%(shared 86% of 46 billion to shareholder, i think grin ).

I can remember it managed...
to touch N750 plus at the height of Corona Virus....
Comin down for Nestle is a tough one...
Bought my last tranche at N960 this week...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
ositadima1:

With a return on equity of about 113% and a dividend payout ratio of 86%, Nestle should have a sustainable growth of about 16% whereas the earnings are growing at about 20%.

You get the sustainable earning growth by subtracting 86% ie the dividend payout from 100%, which will give you 14%. Then you multiply by the return on equity of 113.

Nestle is appropriately priced at a PE around 16, but nothing bad in getting it cheaper

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
Agbalowomeri:

Yes coupled with the growth.
I haven't calculated it to confirm though.

However, it has to be cheaper e.g. PBV 3/4 to catch my money Lol

So Oga Agba, this is ur secret sauce dat u have been hiding.

- get assumed PBV by dividing ROE by 10, if actual PBV is less than 3/4 the assumed PBV and coupled with decent growth u have a green light.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2022
ositadima1:

So Oga Agba, this is ur secret sauce dat u have been hiding.

- get assumed PBV by dividing ROE by 10, if actual PBV is less than assumed PBV and coupled with decent growth u have a green light.

Many roads lead to the market o. Na only one be this Lol
This one na the days we dey embrace fundamental analysis. I no get that energy again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
emmanuelewumi:

With a return on equity of about 113% and a dividend payout ratio of 86%, Nestle should have a sustainable growth of about 16% whereas the earnings are growing at about 20%.

You get the sustainable earning growth by subtracting 86% ie the dividend payout from 100%, which will give you 14%. Then you multiply by the return on equity of 113.

Nestle is appropriately priced at a PE around 16, but nothing bad in getting it cheaper

I assume their is a direct relationship between sustainable growth and PE. I also understand that the company doesn't need more than 14% of earnings, hence d high payout ratio.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6828) (6829) (6830) (6831) (6832) (6833) (6834) ... (7776) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Emndy(m), faoogoke(m), vacanci, debeey87(m), Princkez, talk2me2, WestPB, rebekah2011(m), UncleBone, Adinije(f), emmanuelewumi(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.