Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6861) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10946676 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6858) (6859) (6860) (6861) (6862) (6863) (6864) ... (7775) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:06am On Feb 03, 2023
essentialone:
3 reasons why I will be completely quitting the use of Meristem stockbrokers by Q3 of this year.

1. Of all my stockbrokers, only Meristem stockbrokers deduct #50 from the money I deposit into their account, per deposit.
2. Of all my stockbrokers, only Meristem stockbrokers will not allow you to use all your deposited money to buy shares. They will always hold back N100 to themselves. The money is small but the reason is unclear and most likely invalid.
3. Of all my stockbrokers, only Meristem stockbrokers does not have the option of placing an order that can remain valid for 30 days. The maximum number of days that an order can remain in Meristem stockbrokers is 14 days.

I have tried to complain about these three things to them severally, but I think their Management does not care about feedbacks and complaints. Please if their agents are here, tell them ooo.
Are you for real on this three reasons.Oga just say you no wan use them again or you want reduce your brokers

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 11:08am On Feb 03, 2023
rote author=essentialone post=120596763]3 reasons why I will be completely quitting the use of Meristem stockbrokers by Q3 of this year.

1. Of all my stockbrokers, only Meristem stockbrokers deduct #50 from the money I deposit into their account, per deposit.
2. Of all my stockbrokers, only Meristem stockbrokers will not allow you to use all your deposited money to buy shares. They will always hold back N100 to themselves. The money is small but the reason is unclear and most likely invalid.
3. Of all my stockbrokers, only Meristem stockbrokers does not have the option of placing an order that can remain valid for 30 days. The maximum number of days that an order can remain in Meristem stockbrokers is 14 days.

I have tried to complain about these three things to them severally, but I think their Management does not care about feedbacks and complaints. Please if their agents are here, tell them ooo.[/quote]

I agree with you.

Of all the stockbrokers that I do business with, it is only Meristem that will give you a margin loan on insist on the shares you must buy. These shares are reviewed every quarter.

Once I have provided enough security cover I should buy whatever stock I want to buy. You will hardly make money from their margin loan facility, I believe they are always late to the party as per the stocks on their list

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kereokwu(f): 11:09am On Feb 03, 2023
MorganCapital does same for no. 1, that #50 is like tax or something. For no 2 and 3 I have not really observed, it might be same. @mycy can explain further.

essentialone:
3 reasons why I will be completely quitting the use of Meristem stockbrokers by Q3 of this year.

I have tried to complain about these three things to them severally, but I think their Management does not care about feedbacks and complaints. Please if their agents are here, tell them ooo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 11:10am On Feb 03, 2023
Looks the mini bull don go drink water.We wait for post election bull.loaded more of wapco, Dan sugar and HERO from rent /sukuk money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 11:14am On Feb 03, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Are you for real on this three reasons.Oga just say you no wan use them again or you want reduce your brokers

You can Go and Verify. Those three are very true.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2023
If BAT happens in 2023 (I say God forbid), expect to see Oando at N50 per share within a year.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2023
essentialone:

You can Go and Verify. Those three are very true.
I use them too.Morgan deducts 50 for every deposit. I just feel those reason are pardonable from a broker.The first which I believe is to cover for stamp duty, The second, your money is still on credit balance. The third you can always replace the order after 2 weeks.I would have expected you to complain about the commission and other services .My own issue with them is they still expect in this age and time for one to send them hard copies of documents via post instead of scan copy, that is soft copy. They equally charge for the smallest service rendered

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
rote author=essentialone post=120596763]3 reasons why I will be completely quitting the use of Meristem stockbrokers by Q3 of this year.

I agree with you.

Of all the stockbrokers that I do business with, it is only Meristem that will give you a margin loan on insist on the shares you must buy. These shares are reviewed every quarter.

Once I have provided enough security cover I should buy whatever stock I want to buy. You will hardly make money from their margin loan facility, I believe they are always late to the party as per the stocks on their list
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2023
FIDELITY: Arrived KM 6!!
FCMB: Arrived KM 5!!
Shey na like this Access and UBA go just fold hands dey look? shocked

IEI available today @99k.......
Those unable to enter before are jumping in...
Need to check for the buy-out info self.....

More cross deals ongoing in Univinsure..

E Ku market o. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2023
Abeg, who can give more information about this REIT on the REITCEF section of NGX?
NESF | NIGERIA ENERGY SECTOR FUND
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

I agree with you.

For the 3 reasons he stated, I think they can be easily overlooked if other services are okay.

I do take personal loan from my broker. When the fund hits my account, I can use it for whatever I like. I can also move it to another broker and buy what ever I want to buy.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:03pm On Feb 03, 2023
Kereokwu:
MorganCapital does same for no. 1, that #50 is like tax or something. For no 2 and 3 I have not really observed, it might be same. @mycy can explain further....
Morgan Capital has Number 1 and No 3.......but will allow you use your money to the last Kobo, which is No.2.

For No.1, This should be general to all brokers.
Think it's stamp duty or VAT per each deposit and it goes to the Fed. Govt.
No.3, I can't even remember noticing that Morgan allow a day extra to place order self.

Think different strokes for different folks.......
Once you decide to go with a particular house, you have to abide by their terms and conditions if it suits you. If some are not stated but you discovered along the line, just try and adjust to it.
If otherwise, look for the one whose service(s) fits into your needs and expectations.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Wapgod(m): 1:07pm On Feb 03, 2023
yMcy56:

Morgan Capital has Number 1 and No 3.......but will allow you use your money to the last Kobo, which is No.2.

For No.1, This should be general to all brokers.
Think it's stamp duty or VAT per each deposit and it goes to the Fed. Govt.
No.3, I can't even remember noticing that Morgan allow a day extra to place order self.

Think different strokes for different folks.......
Once you decide to go with a particular house, you have to abide by their terms and conditions if it suits you. If some are not stated but you discovered along the line, just try and adjust to it.
If otherwise, look for the one whose service(s) fits into yours

“No.3, I can't even remember noticing that Morgan allow a day extra to place order self.“

How does Morgan allow a day extra to place order?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
yMcy56:

E Ku market o. wink
Acces and uba na the most yeye stock for that sector. They are just big for nothing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zegra: 1:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Acces and uba na the most yeye stock for that sector. They are just big for nothing

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2023
Streetinvestor2:

Those stocks are for the Meek...
Cos they will inherit the earth... grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2023
yMcy56:

E Ku market o. wink
Madam abeg updates on results. I thought 31st was the last day for results for most companies beside holdco company
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2023
Wapgod:
“No.3, I can't even remember noticing that Morgan allow a day extra to place order self.“

How does Morgan allow a day extra to place order?
I referred to @essentialone Number 3 reason........that, one house allow order to be placed and valid for maximum of 30 days, another allows 14 days.........
That's what I meant by "I can't even remember noticing Morgan allow valid order placed till next day self" .....worded differently... smiley

What placing order for 14 or 30 days Means is that:
You can place your order today and choose the option to leave it there for 3, 7, 14 or 30 days......for execution.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2023
Willie2015:

Lol,i want to enjoy the dividend of my investment as I won't be on earth forever .They better make sure there dividends are upto 15% of thr present prices

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:37pm On Feb 03, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Madam abeg updates on results. I thought 31st was the last day for results for most companies beside holdco company
NGX Rules applies here for Final result submission.

1. UNAUDITED Q4 FINANCIAL REPORT
* Unaudited report must be filed within 30 days after the quarter ends
** AUDITED must be filed within 90 days after the financial year ends

OR

2. AUDITED Q4 FINANCIAL REPORT
*Not to file Unaudited report at all, but file AUDITED within 60 days after the financial year ends.

Meaning:
* It is NOT compulsory for any company to file Unaudited FY report within 30 days.....
** A company may decide to file AUDITED once and for all.......but must be within 60 days.......
** If a company cannot still meet up, an earlier letter or notification must be sent to NGX to notify them.......failure to do so will attract fine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:40pm On Feb 03, 2023
Willie2015:
Lol. grin

Btw, GT and ZEE are both @25.15 also......
Make dem continue with their rat race..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Lol,i want to enjoy the dividend of my investment as I won't be on earth forever .They better make sure there dividends are upto 15% of thr present prices

hahhahahahha
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 2:04pm On Feb 03, 2023
Transcorp Plc at N1.30
UBA at N8.35

How make I do am now?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:13pm On Feb 03, 2023
IHelp:

For the 3 reasons he stated, I think they can be easily overlooked if other services are okay.

I do take personal loan from my broker. When the fund hits my account, I can use it for whatever I like. I can also move it to another broker and buy what ever I want to buy.

I just got from Investment One this week at 24% per annum.

After pledging enough collateral with a good security cover one should not be compelled to buy stock from a list which they change every quarter, I may be wrong but I see Stockbrokers who do that as Monkey Hunters
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:39pm On Feb 03, 2023
[quote author=yMcy56 post=120601759]
NGX Rules applies here for Final result submission.

Ok,thanks. That means next bull will be massive. Good audited result/good dividend from any company + post election bull
I have faith God is about to turn the country for good

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 2:41pm On Feb 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

After pledging enough collateral with a good security cover one should not be compelled to buy stock from a list which they change every quarter, I may be wrong but I see Stockbrokers who do that as Monkey Hunters

People who take loans to buy stocks must be experts in this market. I salute una ooo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2023
If not for Uncle TOE's wahala, Transcorp is ridiculously undervalued and shouldn't be trading for less than N5.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:50pm On Feb 03, 2023
essentialone:

People who take loans to buy stocks must be experts in this market. I salute una ooo.

The rates are pro rated, 24% per annum is roughly 2% per month.

You are expected to have a cash flow that can liquidate the loan, it is suicidal to count on capital appreciation in order to service your loan.

Some investors also use such loans to invest in their own businesses, side hustles and to diversify.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

The rates are pro rated, 24% per annum is roughly 2% per month.

You are expected to have a cash flow that can liquidate the loan, it is suicidal to count on capital appreciation in order to service your loan.

Some investors also use such loans to invest in their own businesses, side hustles and to diversify.
My oga,we are interested in what you are buying with the loan.I know your horizon is always 2 years and above. Pls splil the bean make we follow reason the matter

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
My oga,we are interested in what you are buying with the loan.I know your horizon is always 2 years and above. Pls splil the bean make we follow reason the matter

Micro lending to people at 5% per month

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IHelp: 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

[/b]After pledging enough collateral with a good security cover one should not be compelled to buy stock from a list which they change every quarter[b], I may be wrong but I see Stockbrokers who do that as Monkey Hunters

Truth
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
ojesymsym:
This calabash abi na mirror wen u de use seems to be very powerful.
Lol. I no dey use anything o. Na God's pikin I be. wink

The case of NGXgroup, when I searched thru their released result after listing that time, what I saw from my newbie's angle was enough cash, which CP will call oxygen.
I even posted it here but it seems na only me (aside CP) dey see am with spiritual eyes that time.......as I come shout and no one support me, I just rooted for what I saw, no shaken again.
Could have gone the opposite way but event of things later confirmed I was right. grin

That was how many missed out of CCNN's free money that time. Na only 2 or 3 of us see Wetin many didn't see. lipsrsealed tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6858) (6859) (6860) (6861) (6862) (6863) (6864) ... (7775) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ginalex(f), phemmie06(m), Kingchuks(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.