Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6898) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10898018 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6895) (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) ... (7755) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2023
Ginalex:
please is now a good entry time for UCAP?
Watch first.
Keep eye on the price movement and turn of events in the market.

** Presently, support is sighted @ around 11
We keep watching if it will hold or not......or if it will get there or not.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2023
ZENITH
Bids increasing, outweigh offers.....
currently @23.65......lets see if the dumpers are still coming...

* Not any form of advice pls. Just daily update**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...you're quite right about March not being favourable to the banking industry. However, looking at the Zenith bank price structure, the stock price recently touched the upper part of the bullish wedge and now price seems to be rejected. IF March outlook remains the same, technically, price is expected to decline more to at least, 20 - 22. Price touching lower part of the bullish wedge (18) is a possibility.

Overall structure is bullish on the monthly, but some dips is expected.
grin grin grin grin grin

Indeed, the trend lines generated by my program indicate that there is support around 22 and resistance at 26.8. If the support level at 22 is breached, we may witness a decline to 20 or even lower.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 12:28pm On Mar 16, 2023
Emerging economies are gold mines.

NSE is just behaving like a jilted lover. Too many unnecessary "emotional outburst".

Blacksmiths grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 12:42pm On Mar 16, 2023
yMcy56:
ZENITH
Bids increasing, outweigh offers.....
currently @23.65......lets see if the dumpers are still coming...

* Not any form of advice pls. Just daily update**

some people left zenith out of fear, even uba will surprise many.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 12:54pm On Mar 16, 2023
YoungBuffet:
ZENITH currently @24.50.....

UBA has a dividend yield of 12.5% or so, @8
I know dividend yield isn't the only yardstick anyway.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2023
yMcy56:

ZENITH currently @24.50.....

UBA has a dividend yield of 12.5% or so, @8
I know dividend yield isn't the only yardstick anyway.

UBA will surprise many waiting at KM5, 6
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elsueno: 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol. Good advert for Opay. grin
Never been paying attention to those Fintech medium until recently.
Many pple are actually switching to them........but they do have their own issues too.

For the banks, I think the recent pressures were much than what they'd envisaged, but some are now upgrading the infrastructures to accommodate the high online demands.

These Opay people might actually give banks a run for thier money, I have tried them, transfer literally drops in seconds...i

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Lion123: 10:38pm On Mar 16, 2023
YoungBuffet:

Someone was saying one tin one tin that it is coming down to N15 that Ghana bonds one tin one tin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 12:32am On Mar 17, 2023
Elsueno:

These Opay people might actually give banks a run for thier money, I have tried them, transfer literally drops in seconds...i

Don't expose the secret

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 2:44am On Mar 17, 2023
YoungBuffet:

UBA will surprise many waiting at KM5, 6
...the way UBA ends this month will determine if KM 5, 6 or 7 is real. From the look of things, UBA and indeed other banks are at the risk of going dip!
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 8:13am On Mar 17, 2023
BullBearMkt:

...the way UBA ends this month will determine if KM 5, 6 or 7 is real. From the look of things, UBA and indeed other banks are at the risk of going dip!
grin grin grin grin grin

No problem we are here, have witnessed #2+ on uba so we wait and see. As much as I love TA is till not guarantee what will happen in the long run and infact sometimes it can turn to analysis paralysis. Unless FPIs comes in nothing spectacular will happen in our NSE and all the banks will follow their normal cycle fall after dividends are declared no TA for me to understand this cos this is normal as expected but for the current global bank issues, I don't see it affecting us badly more than what happened during covid more so as they being rescued one way or the other. The worst I expect is covid kind of price fall which I even doubt.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Audacius: 9:39am On Mar 17, 2023
Please with regards to selling off shares and re-entering, do you receive your dividend when you re-purchase same stock or you have to go through the e-dividend process again? I recall First Registrars kept your record even if you sold off. Your account reads 0 shares. Saw that when I visited their office in the days when they still held FBNH portfolio. But I will like to ask about people's experience with selling off and buying again.

Do you get your dividend or you have to climb that e-dividend hill all over again.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2023
Audacius:
Please with regards to selling off shares and re-entering, do you receive your dividend when you re-purchase same stock or you have to go through the e-dividend process again? I recall First Registrars kept your record even if you sold off. Your account reads 0 shares. Saw that when I visited their office in the days when they still held FBNH portfolio. But I will like to ask about people's experience with selling off and buying again.

Do you get your dividend or you have to climb that e-dividend hill all over again.

Before selling off, I always keep a few units of my shares i.e 5 units.

Keeping a few units will keep your account active with the registrars, no need e-dividend.

But zero units make your account inactive after a while, you might need to do another e-dividend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aj8(m): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2023
OBAGADAFFI:

Before selling off, I always keep a few units of my shares i.e 5 units.

Keeping a few units will keep your account active with the registrars, no need e-dividend.

But zero units make your account inactive after a while, you might need to do another e-dividend.

Thank you 🙏
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2023
Be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedyUBA fearful sold it to the greedy yesterday at 7.85.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2023
A little Advice that could help

To avoid any form of panic, don't approach/react to any market situations like a trader when your intention for coming to the market is as a long-term investor. This will help you make informed decisions as regards buying or selling stocks.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2023
As I see it, there seems to be no explanation for UCAP's sudden 24% drop within a single month, especially since the month is not even over yet. While reviewing its audited results for 2022, I noticed that its earnings before tax had increased, followed by a significant tax expense of 3.5 billion, which I assume to be a one-time occurrence. Based on my simplistic valuation, I estimate its fair value to be approximately 16 naira.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2023
YoungBuffet:
Be greedy when others are fearful and be fearful when others are greedyUBA fearful sold it to the greedy yesterday at 7.85.

Wanted to buy more just now at N8.00 only to see it has resisted staying on that spot and currently selling at N8.1. Bought last week Friday at N8.4 with an outstanding order from Thursday that I forgot to cancel before the SVB news came in plus some other negative sentiments. At the moment right now bids outstrip offers six times. Abeg make them release the results so that we can get a little more info on what's up.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2023
ositadima1:
As I see it, there seems to be no explanation for UCAP's sudden 24% drop within a single month, especially since the month is not even over yet. While reviewing its audited results for 2022, I noticed that its earnings before tax had increased, followed by a significant tax expense of 3.5 billion, which I assume to be a one-time occurrence. Based on my simplistic valuation, I estimate its fair value to be approximately 16 naira.

I thought someone quoted they recorded some losses in comprehensive income that shaved some value off shareholder funds (perhaps due the Ghana debt issues). Hence some of the recorded increased earnings in 2022 may be at risk in 2023.

Can see a lot of bids for UCAP right now grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 1:07pm On Mar 17, 2023
BabsO2:

Wanted to buy more just now at N8.00 only to see it has resisted staying on that spot and currently selling at N8.1. Bought last week Friday at N8.4 with an outstanding order from Thursday that I forgot to cancel before the SVB news came in plus some other negative sentiments. At the moment right now bids outstrip offers six times. Abeg make them release the results so that we can get a little more info on what's up.

If u can hold just hold, global issues I believe are under control, to me UBA will follow normal way of coming down after dividend. It can still do 6.60-7
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GANDALF1(m): 1:24pm On Mar 17, 2023
BabsO2:

I thought someone quoted they recorded some losses in comprehensive income that shaved some value off shareholder funds (perhaps due the Ghana debt issues). Hence some of the recorded increased earnings in 2022 may be at risk in 2023.

Can see a lot of bids for UCAP right now grin

All these hidden stones you guys are throwing around like cowards without calling names, always remember that you are not the smartest person in the market and that the market will eventually do its thing.

Trying to prove correctness on this exchange will only ensure you go broke in the long term.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2023
YoungBuffet:

If u can hold just hold, global issues I believe are under control, to me UBA will follow normal way of coming down after dividend. It can still do 6.60-7

And it may not do so this year. Even sometimes when lows come, before one takes advantage no one is disposing again. There will be scarcity at such low prices. Gambling on a low bus stop doesn't pay off all zee time. Mr Market can change his mind without consulting anyone at anytime as events occur.

Their results should give more clarity if the buy/sell/hold moves are good or bad or fair grin.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:43pm On Mar 17, 2023
GANDALF1:

All these hidden stones you guys are throwing around like cowards without calling names, always remember that you are not the smartest person in the market and that the market will eventually do its thing.

Trying to prove correctness on this exchange will only ensure you go broke in the long term.

Which one be hidden stones and calling names. Cool down small and follow the thread of reply and you will see clearly that there are no hidden stones or names. grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2023
GANDALF1:

In the movie Lord Of the Rings, Gandalf the gray would never talk like this, sounds like something Saruman the white would say.

So, he should call names to start an e-fight eh? It's like you want to join the "I don't want peace, I want problems, always" gang.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kodelee: 2:16pm On Mar 17, 2023
UCAP full bid. Hmmm
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by YoungBuffet: 2:23pm On Mar 17, 2023
kodelee:
UCAP full bid. Hmmm

Coming to #10
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kodelee: 2:35pm On Mar 17, 2023
YoungBuffet:

Coming to #10

No Wahala. We dey wait am..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 2:48pm On Mar 17, 2023
kodelee:

No Wahala. We dey wait am..
grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 3:49pm On Mar 17, 2023
Fuel subsidy will be removed before May 29? Any thoughts on how the market might react please?

https://www.nairaland.com/7615438/fg-abolish-petrol-subsidy-before
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by leparj(m): 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2023
BabsO2:

I bought UBA early this week @N8.20 even after the SVB news broke.
Will buy more soon.
I am a long term investor and don't allow the daily noise to disturb me.
Also checking stock prices everyday is really not necessary if u are in for the long term.
Stocks will fall and rise and rise and fall.
Planning to use most of my dividend this year to increase my UBA holding.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6895) (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) ... (7755) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SonofElElyonRet, SetrakusRa(m), emmanuelewumi(m), meholo, Ginalex(f), Toyrem, lancee(m), Zegra, Mkay15, joedguy, eziokwunwoko(m) and 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.