Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (6984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10875951 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6981) (6982) (6983) (6984) (6985) (6986) (6987) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:33pm On May 15, 2023
BabsO2:
2023H2 may be good for the NSE with these kind of headlines. Has volumes increased compared to similar periods in prior years?. Only a quick check can confirm this.

What an elder sees sitting.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by purity2all(m): 9:40pm On May 15, 2023
yMcy56:

Transcorp opened on day's high of 2.84 before pulling back down to 2.45.....then started climbing again......to close with 10% @2.84.

If you placed your trade during pre-market, then it means your order was filled earlier before pullback.......
Anyway, it still closed higher, so nothing spoilt.

Absolutely! Nothing spoil at all.
Thanks , Madam Mercy.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 9:46pm On May 15, 2023
BabsO2:

Prices also need to correct for improvement in the underlying assets. BVPS and EPS have been growing while prices have not trended in the same direction in the last five years thereby increasing the VPD. (@onegentleguy, I hope I used VPD correctly grin)

I know not what you are talking about in the latter part of... wink cheesy cool
But yes, I agree there's been an improvement in the underlying assets of some select names over the years.
Our duty is to permute from the right ones with high value accretive stance after due diligence.

Regards bro.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ogbs2020: 9:54pm On May 15, 2023
aremso:

Lolllllllll I know someone here that has more than that in zenith bought at 9-10 still traded with it and made MAD money more than those holding. Another guy here sold at 26/27 still bought lower and also qualify for dividend. If I had sold my UBA then at 8.90 then buy back at 7.85 would have given me additional units of around 300k and will still qualify for dividend. Anyway, trading and holding the most important thing is to make money but one will make than the other

My guy.

Nice one.

U see the light.

Trading is best in this market.

Money is currency.

Trade, trade , trade
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:38am On May 16, 2023
BabsO2:
2023H2 may be good for the NSE with these kind of headlines. Has volumes increased compared to similar periods in prior years?. Only a quick check can confirm this.

Never saw this, before my gut told me that June 2023 and above will be good for investors who have shares in solid companies

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by aremso(m): 9:46am On May 16, 2023
Streetinvestor2:
Is this how traders think and make so much money. I sell uba at 8.90 and buy back 7.85. So I will waste my time chasing 1.05..Oga nse to many na side hustle at this age.Each time is see the price of nem I sold for #1.00 after keeping it for years when nosa was championing iit in smn .That made me to see trading as waste of time if you buy fundamental sound stock. I had nem in great afolabi unit then.Then you pray buhari/apc government to never happen as you hold the shares,lol

Lolllll oga still depends on volume, 1.09 is a huge difference if nice volume is involved.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 9:55am On May 16, 2023
aremso:

Lolllll oga still depends on volume, 1.09 is a huge difference if nice volume is involved.

If the volume is big enough, one would shift from frequent trading

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 10:00am On May 16, 2023
aremso:

You are right. You equally require large cash to buy the shares that will give such volume.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 10:06am On May 16, 2023
aremso:

And one day, the monkey will go to the market ...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yok: 10:20am On May 16, 2023
WHAT IS THE MAIN COMMENT FROM TARGET TECHNICAL ANALYSIS TODAY

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:24am On May 16, 2023
edwardaigb:
Please you should share some of the corruption to this side.
Lol.
..but when Una get una own corruption Una no share reach my side o......
The Ogas even called it 'fine bara' and many here were cheering them.
Is sharing/giving different from giving? No be only money nah. smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 10:36am On May 16, 2023
yMcy56:

Lol.
..but when Una get una own corruption Una no share reach my side o......
The Ogas even called it 'fine bara' and many here were cheering them.
Is sharing/giving different from giving? No be only money nah. smiley
Giving or asking should not be deceptive in the name of gospel. That's the point people were making. Religion today is about materialism

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by purity2all(m): 10:39am On May 16, 2023
My ogas in the house,
Is it worth it to dive in with both legs into transcorp? It has been flying of recent.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 11:06am On May 16, 2023
purity2all:
My ogas in the house,
Is it worth it to dive in with both legs into transcorp? It has been flying of recent.

No doubt, TRANSCORP does have a lot of potential, but am not sure if the time is completely right to dive in with both legs.
@ N1 and below would've been a more fitting time to do so... and I'll tell you why;

The truth is that TRANSCORP was grossly underpriced @ </=N1. ...it was almost "a giveaway" at that price range irrespective of the concerns over what was and is still perceived to be a huge share outstanding peg by many minority investors.

We always said as much here.

The company's inherent potential was never in doubt. ...what I think was in doubt is the proficiency, efficiency and sincerity of the Sir T.E lead board and magt team to deliver value.

Am still not entirely convinced, but I think a lot is beginning to change.

I personally began to take the company a bit more seriously after they said they've developed a mechanism that will allow them clean their gas turbines here in Nigeria as opposed to doing it abroad... a singular act that can potentially save them a lot of fx-related cost. (near 27%)
I understand the group has at least 4 gas turbines.

As I highlighted in one of my article then (read here: https://www.booksie.com/668849-between-ukraine-russia-and-the-nse), energy cost and interest expense are the 2 major cost line of TRANSCORP.
The lack of prudence at managing these cost line has over the years resulted in the decelerating and often below par delivery in CGPM & JPBG, despite been in a pole position to reap abundantly from the mix of several favourable policy reforms in the power sector.

Elsewhere, was also the drawback from a usually high CBR/CRM, sometimes even where there was an improvement in CGPR, CCC, CROIC, ROIC/ROCE, JPBG and/or higher EFIR... again highlighting the coys poor fund/cash utilization and magt.

Making money (oftentimes plenty of it) was not in doubt... value driven management was!
And what better way to do that than be proficient at optimizing her often "steep" cost line. ...now this part should already be taken for granted considering the very capital intensive sector they operate.

Magt still need to do more but they seem to have gotten off on the right foot.
The part in italics is one of them. Any cost saved is earnings added.
Whether they can sustain it is another kettle of fish though. ...let's hope they do.

It's a mid to long term play!

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2023
onegentleguy:

No doubt, TRANSCORP does have a lot of potential, but am not sure if the time is completely right to "dive in with both legs".
@ N1 and below would've been a more fitting time to do so... and I'll tell you why;

The truth is that TRANSCORP was grossly underpriced @ </=N1. ...it was almost "a giveaway" at that price range irrespective of the concerns over what was and is still perceived to be a huge share outstanding peg by many minority investors.

The company's inherent potential was never in doubt. ...what I think was in doubt is the proficiency, efficiency and sincerity of the Sir T.E lead board and magt team to deliver value.

CAVEAT: NOT an investment advice. ...the need for due diligence should still take higher precedence ahead of this post.
Well said. However, worthy to note is the fact that, despite the upward movement in the price of transcorp shares , Elumelu and his cronies are busy accumulating more shares and are not selling.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by purity2all(m): 11:40am On May 16, 2023
onegentleguy:

No doubt, TRANSCORP does have a lot of potential, but am not sure if the time is completely right to "dive in with both legs".

I personally began to take the company a bit more seriously after they said they've developed a mechanism that will allow them clean their gas turbines here in Nigeria as opposed to doing it abroad... a singular act that can potentially save them a lot of fx-related cost. (near 27%)
I understand the group has at least 4 gas turbines.

As I highlighted in one of my article then (read here: https://www.booksie.com/668849-between-ukraine-russia-and-the-nse), energy cost and interest expense are the 2 major cost line of TRANSCORP.
The lack of prudence at managing these cost line has over the years resulted in the decelerating and often below par delivery in CGPM & JPBG, despite been in a pole position to reap abundantly from the mix of several favourable policy reforms in the power sector.

Elsewhere, was also the drawback from a usually high CBR/CRM, sometimes even where there was an improvement in CGPR, CCC, CROIC, ROIC/ROCE, JPBG and/or higher EFIR... again highlighting the coys poor fund/cash utilization and magt.

Making money (oftentimes plenty of it) was not in doubt... value driven management was!
And what better way to do that than be proficient at optimizing her often "steep" cost line. ...now this part should already be taken for granted considering the very capital intensive sector they operate.

Magt still need to do more but they seem to have gotten off on the right foot.
The part in italics is one of them. Any cost saved is earnings added.
Whether they can sustain it is another kettle of fish though. ...let's hope they do.

It's a mid to long term play!

Thank you very much @onegentleguy.
This is very enlightening.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:45am On May 16, 2023
* Tony seems to be sitting up now and putting things together in Transcorp and UBA.
This may in turn makes the shares to be repriced to fair or near fair value.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:59am On May 16, 2023
2 out of my corruption is already selling at day's high... wink

GTCO, ZEE : vexing?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 11:59am On May 16, 2023
Please is anyone here on ARMSTOCKTRADE platform?l keep having issues with accessing my portfolio on the platform And what is involved in moving portfolio from one stocktrade platform to another
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by onegentleguy: 12:02pm On May 16, 2023
onegentleguy:
I still like them UPDC, UNILEVER, DS, STERLING BANK, UBA, WAPCO, CHAMS and LIVESTOCK FEEDS!
...I just love them! wink cheesy cool

But hey! NOT an investment advice.
Due diligence still applies as always.

Selah

LIVESTOCK FEEDS was trading for <N1 when the above post was put out.
...its only been up by approx 13%.

Well, some persons will probably think it's expensive until it pushes up by a further 60-71% above it's currently mkt price.
And so shall it be with the 7 other coys highlighted above... with some likely to deliver even more.
...still early.

One of them (UPDC) is yet to push up. (just approx 5% return since call)
...just waiting for "the day of reckoning". wink cheesy cool
Again, still early!

NOTE; NOT to be inferred as any sought of recommendation.
Pls do well to follow your instinct.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 12:12pm On May 16, 2023
They no allow make I partake in oando corruption. No wahala we wait for another corruption from Tony,ote,wale and apc government. Cash is king
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:04pm On May 16, 2023
TRANSCORP
Can anyone assist us with it's fair value here?

Ok. I thought of something and think we should do small Arithmetics here ..... smiley

- Otedola was said to offer Tony N250Billion to buy Transcorp sometimes ago but Tony refused.....

-: N250B รท 40B OS = N6.25

So Otedola offered to buy a unit of TRANSCORP @N6.25k as at that time if I'm right........
...and I think Transcorp was selling @ Circa N1 during those periods.........(we need to know the year)......but Transcorp has been selling at circa N1 for quite a long time now.

So, if Otedola had offered to pick Transcorp at 6.25, that means there's inherent value he must have sighted as a biz man.

The question now: What can we now say it's the fair price of TRANSCORP as at today??
Let's even say he offered to buy it at premium, that would be at around +500% premium??

Pls dont mind me oooo. Maybe I'm over thinking the issue.

** Please do not take as any form of advice because it's not based on TA or FA**
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:09pm On May 16, 2023
When playing with this wolves. You should be careful. Don't allow Tony to cash out on your head through proxy. Anything above #3 for transcorp be fearful for now. Till fundamentals show otherwise. My little afolabi units in transcorp has done 200%

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:33pm On May 16, 2023
Transcorp and UBA
- Tony still buying....
- Those that picked UBA @7.80 when this was first observed and mentioned here should be sitting on some profits now......... lipsrsealed

Now I'm sharing my opinion, you won't call it fine bara, but if na you person jokingly mention anything like giving, una go storm this place with many derogatory posts. tongue

** Pls do not take as any form of advice**

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Agbalowomeri: 1:39pm On May 16, 2023
yMcy56:
Transcorp and UBA
- Tony still buying....
- Those that picked UBA @7.80 when this was first observed and mentioned here should be sitting on some profits now......... lipsrsealed

Now I'm sharing my opinion, you won't call it fine bara, but if na you person jokingly mention anything like giving, una go storm this place with many derogatory posts. tongue

Mercy are you sure that you don't have shares in pastor Vee ministry

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:43pm On May 16, 2023
MANSARD
- Sighted @2.66.......Up with +0.16....
- Congrats to all those who picked at 1.50/1.60 and didn't sell till now..... smiley

GTCO: Sighted @24.90........Up with +0.80! .....+90k!
UBA: Sighted @8.60....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 1:50pm On May 16, 2023
yMcy56:
Transcorp and UBA
- Tony still buying....

Transcorp and UBA be giving me joy smiley

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by lancee(m): 2:04pm On May 16, 2023
yMcy56:
2 out of my corruption is already selling at day's high... wink

GTCO, ZEE : vexing?

Vexing vexing vexing for now ..was thinking after div it will tank ..Mkt in control

Good i no sell all to re-enter ..based on some info here predicting that mkt will tank /crash

Positioning in the middle for div stocks good for me, goes down you buy more

GT tryn to take its position..watching **

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 2:23pm On May 16, 2023
Ekuu Market o

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Krisuba: 2:25pm On May 16, 2023
Ur opinions please !! I want to move my Fidelity and access to Sterling bank!! Reason . Just want to gamble this cos the bull never touch me!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 2:41pm On May 16, 2023
currentprice:
Ekuu Market o

grin grin grin
Oga this one you show face.we still they wait for that stock you dey find for your bed spread for the year.I pray it is garnished in corruption, lol

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6981) (6982) (6983) (6984) (6985) (6986) (6987) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chipa, sophy17(m), ukay2 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.