Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7087) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10884940 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7084) (7085) (7086) (7087) (7088) (7089) (7090) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 4:07pm On Jun 27, 2023
comatekeke:

I said I will give an update later.
This is the update.
I finally sold my units of CHIPLC for a profit of N259,275.87 in addition to a dividends of N63,801.46
Thank you to all the contributors of this threads with special mentions to the following monikers.
@yMcy56
@Mfunkynation
@Zagee
@feelamong
@emmanuelewumi
and anybody else that I forgot.
Another special thanks to @feelamong for creating the TB thread.
Wow!
Thanks for the mention!
Am happy my little knowledge and input to your situation help you out.
Mbok, kindly share the "PROFIT" grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ginalex(f): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2023
PETERiCHY:
Generational low gang rightnow grin grin grin
grin grin grin you too like Vawulence

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2023
i don get Cadbury dividend alert. Na God win!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
One day we will be bold enough to admit that we may be a problem. How foreigners are able to identify opportunities and manage businesses better than us is really serious matter.

emmanuelewumi:

They have an new CEO, he is an Indian. The guy is delivering and creating wealth for shareholders back to back.

I wonder what the Nigerian CEOs were doing in the past

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2023
@emmanuelewumi & Ors, please what is the Intrinsic Value of
ETranzact
Fidson
Guinness
MRS
UPDC, &
Zenith Bank?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
ojesymsym:
One day we will be bold enough to admit that we may be a problem. How foreigners are able to identify opportunities and manage businesses better than us is really serious matter.

Current return on equity is 30%.

Average 5 years return on equity prior to the coming of the current CEO was 8%.

Corruption, Corruption, Corruption.

When the current CEO came on board and started blocking loopholes, workers went on strike.

Someone said something about an average Nigerian few days.

Start a business and employ an average Nigerian to see what they can do to your business and life savings.

There is a reason why Dangote, Adenuga, Rabiu are more comfortable employing foreigners into sensitive positions.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojesymsym: 4:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
I believe it is more than corruption, It is also a question of competency.

I say that because even when people manage their business themselves, they barely break even.

Maybe we should start considering doing our MBAs in Asia
emmanuelewumi:

Current return on equity is 30%.

Average 5 years return on equity prior to the coming of the current CEO was 8%.

Corruption, Corruption, Corruption.

When the current CEO came on board and started blocking loopholes, workers went on strike.

Someone said something about an average Nigerian few days.

Start a business and employ an average Nigerian to see what they can do to your business and life savings.

There is a reason why Dangote, Adenuga, Rabiu are more comfortable employing foreigners into sensitive positions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2023
ojesymsym:
I believe it is more than corruption, It is also a question of competency.

I say that because even when people manage their business themselves, they barely break even.

Maybe we should start considering doing our MBAs in Asia

No competition for Nahco and Sahcol in the industry.

Nahco owns over 60% of the market share.

The new CEO, blocked loopholes, saved costs, it is only recently that he identified new growth opportunities for the business

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
Combination of corruption and incompetence are terrible for a business

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DonDraper: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Nahco closed at N17.25k, a guy sold the stock at N6.00 because his average cost was less than N3.50k.

He is still waiting for a pull back.

I told him 3 months ago that the intrinsic value of Nahco was N14. Nothing bad if he could get it at N10, but he was still waiting for a major pull back.

The revised intrinsic value of Nahco based on the growth, current efficiency and profitability of the business should be N20

Sir, how did you come about the intrinsic value? We learn everyday.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Capitas7: 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2023
ositadima1:

Good Choice. grin

I'll add this to your list. I think it has been recommended on this thread by others in the past. "The little book of value investing" by Christopher H. Browne

It is quite basic and easy to read.
My reason for recommending it is that it helps with investing even in markets such as US where it is difficult to narrow down a search for undervalued stocks (unlike in NGX where you can decide to use a common sign such as consistency/growth of dividends payment as a safe starting point). A lot of references and great examples dating back to 4-5 decades.

I will be giving out some books to interested persons, starting by the end of this year by God's Grace. This will be a contribution in appreciation of the knowledge/exposure I have gained on this platform having read all pages (baring a few here and there, less than a total of maybe 200pages). Mailing will definitely be a hurdle, but we will cross the bridge...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
DonDraper:

Sir, how did you come about the intrinsic value? We learn everyday.

I am not a good communicator, there are certain things i cant explain in English language

Unfortunately you don't understand Yoruba, i am very fluent in Yoruba. It is easier for me to break it down in Yoruba

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2023
The shareholders of Prestige Assurance as extracted from the 2022 AFS

Leadway Assurance owns 6.1% while 78.32% is owned by The New India Assurance Company Ltd. This leaves a supposedly free float of about 15%. With about 85% held by non retail investors, what is the prospect for a serious rally in share price for this sleeping giant? This is not a BUY recommendation but an invitation to share perspectives.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 27, 2023
ASI closed at 60108 today.

65,000 loading
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jideflash(m): 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
CAVERTON OFFSHORE SUPPORT GROUP 2022 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZAebiobPnM?t=1408
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
Nahco closed at N17.25k, a guy sold the stock at N6.00 because his average cost was less than N3.50k.

I told him 3 months ago that the intrinsic value of Nahco was N14. Nothing bad if he could get it at N10, but he was still waiting for a major pull back.

The revised intrinsic value of Nahco based on the growth, current efficiency and profitability of the business should be N20

I was almost tempted like the fellow, my entry price for NAHCO was 2.32k in 2021 with Total cost price of N232,119 for 100,000 units plus 20,000 bonus, and ROI @ 633.77%. excluding my bonus which my broker is yet to add to my portfolio but duly credited in CSCS statement.
My sentiment for holding NAHCO till date was based on the relative monopoly they enjoy in the Aviation sector.
moderate share outstanding of less than 3 Billion units.
Expectations that the Aviation industries would benefit from post pandemic economic recovery. This came to fulfillment already.
The sentimental analysis won a🏆 trophy 🏆 here. My best preforming stock.
NSEMPA holders should not rush to sell, the growth is organic, back by dynamic fundamentals. NAHCO control the Aviation handling business in Major Airports in Nigeria, potential to earn more foreign exchange locally, these are the sentiment that threw away my sell button key for this stock.
Time in the market give you comfort to add more. If I decide to invest N2M in Nahco today my average cost price would still be less that N8. A cheap quality equity at the time. At full potential, we would soon see band N20 to N25 regardless of imminent market volatility.
As usual, investors are going to que for SAHCO(SKYAVN) in the coming weeks, coz they can't get NAHCO at sub N15 anymore.
Preferable is not available, the available becomes the preferable.
Yes, quality abound in SKYAVN, balance sheet is one of the best on NGX
Graph B for NAHCO

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:22pm On Jun 27, 2023
PETERiCHY:
Generational low gang rightnow grin grin grin
Oracle go done burn his shrine by now grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

CUTIX may release their final result next week. What do you have to say about the company, do you foresee the ucap and nahco sudden upward match here?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good evening: BullbearMkt OGG, Pa Emma.
I want to buy ETI shares.
What is your opinion.
Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2023
A big thank you to everyone here, God Bless and keep us. Amen. Someone should help me with the fair value of Vitafoam I have been keeping it for over 2 years. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2023
veecovee:

CUTIX may release their final result next week. What do you have to say about the company, do you foresee the ucap and nahco sudden upward match here?

Cutix? I received some dividend from the company last week, was it not for the March 2023 year end?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by DrAwo(m): 7:30pm On Jun 27, 2023
Ginalex:
Please do you have a link I can buy it from? Thank you

I'm not very sure but online book retailers can get it for you. Just check the social media handles of roving heights bookshops and chat with them. They can get it for you...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 7:44pm On Jun 27, 2023
jaybee3:
FTNCocoa still doing wonders and annoying moi da f... up. To think i was patient enough to hold >3M units at an avg of 0.54, only to then sell off after the first consolidation. Choiiiiiiiiii angry angry angry angry angry

My same feeling held similar chunk, but it's history now....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2023
jideflash:
CAVERTON OFFSHORE SUPPORT GROUP 2022 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZAebiobPnM?t=1408

Was at the meeting, apparently no dividends should be expected even this year
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by veecovee: 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2023
Harvestock01:

Cutix? I received some dividend from the company last week, was it not for the March 2023 year end?
Oh! I don't think CUTIX has declared any dividend this year. Or am I wrong
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Harvestock01(m): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2023
veecovee:

Oh! I don't think CUTIX has declared any dividend this year. Or am I wrong

It was described as Cutix 31 from EDC Registrars. I received it on June 22 (just last week) though I have been searching for the FS to no avail.

** seen the unaudited Q4 FS for the period ending April 30.

** the AFS should be released in July

** comparing the quarterly report with 2022 Q on Q indicate commendable improvements

** fingers crossed.

Disclaimer: do your own DD
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jerekre(m): 9:20pm On Jun 27, 2023
Please what is the best way to consolidate different stock broking accounts? They have different CHN, it's too expensive selling from one house and buying same stock in another, and 1 of the firms is no longer active. Is there a way I can move all of them to one house?
I also noticed that I receive more dividends than my number of shares (for GTCo). I suspect that maybe I didn't receive one of the share certificates then when they were issuing bonus shares. How do correct the number of shares on my CSCS account?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:23pm On Jun 27, 2023
veecovee:

There are about 200 companies on NGX, i follow just 40 of the them.

I guess you must have done your due diligence before buying the Cutix,
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 9:58pm On Jun 27, 2023
Papa Emma : what is your recommendatiom on buy: ETI
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 10:00pm On Jun 27, 2023
Good evening BullbearMkt:
Please TA chart on ETI and UBA
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by eziokwunwoko(m): 10:03pm On Jun 27, 2023
Dear OGG.
Please which should I buy: ETI, UBA, IB etc.
Thanks for recommendeding STERLINGNG.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 10:12pm On Jun 27, 2023
eziokwunwoko:
Dear OGG. Please which should I buy: ETI, UBA, IB etc. Thanks for recommendeding STERLINGNG.
UBA is green light. ETI and IB, you have to do your DD!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7084) (7085) (7086) (7087) (7088) (7089) (7090) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ades1, phemmie06(m), Payunsin, Pakso, SonofElElyonRet, 222Martins(m), Krisuba, Agbalowomeri, Diyke4rich and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.