Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10910417 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7288) (7289) (7290) (7291) (7292) (7293) (7294) ... (7761) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 10:38am On Oct 03, 2023
Princkez:
Game of OANDO has started this morning oooo

Looks like there are now only bids and no offers. I thought it would trade steady with offers at N7.10 today. As offer was plenty last week. But alas the price has moved from N7.85 to N8.60 as of this moment and no sellers again. What game is playing out ?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 11:00am On Oct 03, 2023
BabsO2:

Looks like there are now only bids and no offers. I thought it would trade steady with offers at N7.10 today. As offer was plenty last week. But alas the price has moved from N7.85 to N8.60 as of this moment and no sellers again. What game is playing out ?
Another PnP is happening
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by edwardaigb: 11:02am On Oct 03, 2023
ojeysky:
Where is that man that claimed to have invested 33m in oando, here is your opportunity to sell o.... At least take out your original capital of 4m cheesy

if only he/she was for real.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chinonsobest: 11:07am On Oct 03, 2023
ojeysky:
Where is that man that claimed to have invested 33m in oando, here is your opportunity to sell o.... At least take out your original capital of 4m cheesy

Probably he may be among those that sold at N7.45 and now OANDO is fully bid at the price of N8.60. I wonder what will be going on his mind now

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2023
megawealth01:
That lafarge just dey my portfolio dormant for a really long time grin

I tire for that stock, it has refused to move
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:17am On Oct 03, 2023
Mfunkynation:

Another PnP is happening
Perhaps pumping. Perhaps not. But mere bear bull bets.
Perhaps the first trades at 10am at N7.0 where previous offers not withdrawn promptly. And replaced with Bids for N8.6. Or just different people doing their thing. After all a major shareholder dumped 15.9% total shares of Oando in 2021 at N6.0.

What a major reversal this morning.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 11:22am On Oct 03, 2023
OANDO as at now ......

So what has changed?
Has the court case been heard?
Is it 10th of October already?
This is the same OANDO I was abused, insulted and called names on.
People tends to forget the good ones you do and ready to judge you on the perceived wrong one......forgetting that this market is not static.
May God forgive that fellow.

** If the likes of OANDO is not your thing, kindly stay away from it!!
** This post is to make a point......and not in any way giving anyone any update on what the market is saying!! If you like get update by yourself, if you like don't, na you Sabi.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2023
Here we go again on Oando.

Buyers beware...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 11:47am On Oct 03, 2023
You hate someone and your eyes is always on the person.What kind of hatred is that?Why not tell us you like him and want to imitate him.......

If oando is a bad investment, simply jump it an pass and never tell us about it.

Investors and Traders can't have same mindset till Christ comes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by OBAGADAFFI: 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
Locotrader:
You hate someone and your eyes is always on the person.What kind of hatred is that?Why not tell us you like him and want to imitate him.......

If oando is a bad investment, simply jump it an pass and never tell us about it.

Investors and Traders can't have same mindset till Christ comes

It is not always like that.
Investors can also be traders.

Most investment houses are regularly trading.

Oando is only good for trading .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
I just got my Zenith Interim Dividend now (First Bank account). Nice.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by trueherald: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2023
Expert opinions needed from you esteemed ladies and gentlemen here. Instead of stashing 5m cash into a savings account will you rather invest 5m into one(or many) dividend stocks or all into money market fund? I am looking for best returns in 2 years.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 1:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
Will bank impairments continue to rise when Q3 results get issued and start eroding profits of earlier quarters.?

Something to look out for. Especially for banks like Access who did not record much impairments in H1.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sterlingD(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
trueherald:
Expert opinions needed from you esteemed ladies and gentlemen here. Instead of stashing 5m cash into a savings account will you rather invest 5m into one(or many) dividend stocks or all into money market fund? I am looking for best returns in 2 years.

Thanks in advance.
This N5M is it money that you will not be in urgent need of within the span of this 2 years ?

in addition to dividend stock and money market another option you can try is FGN Savings Bond (FGNSB).l just saw Offer For Subscription of FGN Savings Bond due October 11, 2025 for 2 years & October 11, 2026 for 3 years.( Our ogas correct me if l am wrong )

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by trueherald: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2023
sterlingD:

This N5M is it money that you will not be in urgent need of within the span of this 2 years ?

in addition to dividend stock and money market another option you can try is FGN Savings Bond (FGNSB).l just saw Offer For Subscription of FGN Savings Bond due October 11, 2025 for 2 years & October 11, 2026 for 3 years.( Our ogas correct me if l am wrong )

Yes the money will not be touched. Already subscribed to FGN Bonds and need other viable options.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by narite: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
trueherald:

Thanks in advance.
Put 3.5M in the best performing assets, it has beaten all form of investment vehicles in the Nigeria Sector and I do not see a slowing down anytime soon. As we are governed by moröns who are more in interested in talking about school certificate than anything else.

The best performing asset am talking about is the “Dollar”.

Put 1.5M in good stocks, spreading it across 2 to 3 solid companies listed on Nigerian stock Exchange, that are consistent with paying dividends. The dividends gotten from this companies should be use in buying more Dollar. Good luck!!!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by toyeoye(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
narite:

Put 3.5M in the best performing assets, it has beaten all form of investment vehicles in the Nigeria Sector and I do not see a slowing down anytime soon. As we are governed by moröns who are more in interested in talking about school certificate than anything else.

Put 1.5M in good stocks, spreading it across 2 to 3 solid companies listed on Nigerian stock Exchange, that are consistent with paying dividends. The dividends gotten from this companies should be use in buying more Dollar. Good luck!!!

That's interesting, thank you. I was thinking I will make a loss with USD because I perceive the rally is getting to the max against Naira and this govt will want to save face by bringing it down.

Many thanks again

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by faoogoke(m): 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2023
trueherald:

Thanks in advance.

FGN SUKUK Bond just opened. It will close on Friday I think.

At almost 16% is not bad for over 10 years.

That's like around N750,000 every year.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by zenith2k9: 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2023
Please can you advice on the good stocks to invest in now for good returns.
narite:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Willie2015: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
NotAWierdo:
I just got my Zenith Interim Dividend now (First Bank account). Nice.

Me too
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 3:48pm On Oct 03, 2023
https://leadership.ng/oando-targets-growth-with-eni-acquisition-deal/

Oando Plc, said it has reached an agreement with Eni, an Italian multinational energy company for the acquisition of 100 per cent of the shares of the Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC).

Eni has been present in Nigeria since 1962 through its subsidiary NAOC, the operator of OMLs 60, 61, 62 and 63.

Recall that in 2014, Oando acquired ConocoPhillips’ Nigerian assets, giving the company a 20 per cent working interest in the NAOC Joint Venture which also includes the NNPC Exploration & Production Limited (NEPL) and NAOC.

This singular transaction at the time catapulted Oando from producing 4.5kboepd to 50kboepd. At the same time the company set a target to increase its production to 100kboepd and its reserves to 500MMboe as well as realise operatorship.

As of 2021, Oando had exceeded its reverse target with 2P reserves of 503.3MMboe.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 4tunebest(f): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sir @ emmanuelewumi, uniteforreal, ukay and other gurus; I want to confirm if you still think the FGN sukuk investment is okay, as I haven't regretted the ones I subscribed to thus far. This time around, I want to invest massively, so I need to know if there are concerns you may have considering the realities of this Country.

Thanks in anticipation of your feedback
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2023
https://businesspost.ng/economy/oando-eni-deal-workers-threaten-to-shutdown-operations/

The Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) has vowed to down tools and shut down all oil field locations if demands following the acquisition of Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC) are not met.

Business Post had reported in September that Oando Plc had acquired a 100 per cent stake in the Nigerian subsidiary of Italian giant, Eni.

However, the deal allegedly happened without management addressing the welfare and benefits of the workers and without due process.

The development has led to several protests by members of PENGASSAN since the beginning of September 2023.

Speaking on the next course of action, the National President of PENGASSAN, Mr Festus Usifo, announced that due process must be followed by NAOC, and workers will not be rolled over to Oando Plc, without adequate development plan or severance package for those who have laboured so many years for Agip.

Speaking during a recent television interview, he explained that some of its members have worked for Agip for over 30 years and some were at the point of retirement, and may just want to be paid their severance package to go home.

“What we are doing now is conversation, consultation and discussion with the Agip management of Agip. If they insist on not complying with the right thing, of course, they know the consequences, because we will withdraw our members from the respective field locations.

“The question is, the liabilities that have been incurred by Agip; the pension, gratuity you are supposed to pay these people does Oando Plc have the financial wherewithal to be able to meet these financial obligations to our members?

“As a patriotic association, we are also asking Oando Plc, you are buying Agip what is your development plan? because the future of our members depends on that company, if the company folds, then our members will go home.

“If we are not satisfied with the plan, we will say pay us our obligations, we do not want to be transited into Oando Plc, pay us our benefits. I have worked for you for 25 years or 30 years, pay me my severance and let’s discuss a special separation package so that I go. If I now want to join Oando, it would be based on my discretion; anything I see I will take, but the years I have put in Agip, NAOC must settle me.”

The TUC President further disclosed that indigenous oil firms do not have the capacity to manage and sustain production like the international oil companies, who according to him, inject funds into managing their assets.

He emphasised that Agip must sit down and have a conversation with their members (oil workers) working in the oilfields and locations, as well as ensure their demands are met.

“When the IOCs were managing most of these assets, they had the funds to inject into it for a sustained production, which I know will be the real challenge we would be having now, and these are the discussions we are also fronting with Oando, especially operations like stimulation and well enhancement so that the wells will not start declining.

“We have people who are working in the oilfields and locations; you can not bring people who are dissatisfied to be running your assets it does not work like that. So who is going to run these locations? Is it the management of Oando Plc that will just come there and start pressing the buttons? No, you need these employees. So you must sit down and have a conversation with them.”

The workers have reportedly started actions, including prayer sessions, at the facilities.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2023
robobo:
i beg ooooo

make dem dis Oando people stop messing with people mind with this topsy turvy movement ooooo

mental health is crucial ooooooo

lollllllllllllll

grin grin grin grin grin

I swear! Oando wan kill person ooo. I was regretting not selling earlier, and now this strangely pleasant surprise!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2023
“As a patriotic association, we are also asking Oando Plc, you are buying Agip what is your development plan? because the future of our members depends on that company, if the company folds, then our members will go home.
“If we are not satisfied with the plan, we will say pay us our obligations, we do not want to be transited into Oando Plc, pay us our benefits. I have worked for you for 25 years or 30 years, pay me my severance and let’s discuss a special separation package so that I go. If I now want to join Oando, it would be based on my discretion; anything I see I will take, but the years I have put in Agip, NAOC must settle me.”

The workers have reportedly started actions, including prayer sessions, at the facilities.[/quote]

Lol. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2023
essentialone:
https://leadership.ng/oando-targets-growth-with-eni-acquisition-deal/

Oando Plc, said it has reached an agreement with Eni, an Italian multinational energy company for the acquisition of 100 per cent of the shares of the Nigerian Agip Oil Company (NAOC).

Eni has been present in Nigeria since 1962 through its subsidiary NAOC, the operator of OMLs 60, 61, 62 and 63.

Recall that in 2014, Oando acquired ConocoPhillips’ Nigerian assets, giving the company a 20 per cent working interest in the NAOC Joint Venture which also includes the NNPC Exploration & Production Limited (NEPL) and NAOC.

This singular transaction at the time catapulted Oando from producing 4.5kboepd to 50kboepd. At the same time the company set a target to increase its production to 100kboepd and its reserves to 500MMboe as well as realise operatorship.

As of 2021, Oando had exceeded its reverse target with 2P reserves of 503.3MMboe.

Anybody can set target but actualizing it is a completely different issue. In fact, most of the Nigerian companies that bought Shell assets based on over bloated reserves are licking their wounds now and their going concern threatened. Hence, most onshore assets are underperforming because of oil theft, and vandalization whilst the cost of barging remain exorbitantly high. Another major hurdle for the company is its huge loan exposure and low appetite of foreign banks to fund fossil fuel based on net zero policy of the western countries which will make funding of the acquisition a herculean task. Based on this, I will advise any newbie and experienced investor to exercise caution in falling for another Wale gimmick which has sent many back to the village.

According to the great musician Asake in one of his songs he said, "I go use my head before dem use me".

Ire o.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mfunkynation(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2023
mikeapollo:

I swear! Oando wan kill person ooo. I was regretting not selling earlier, and now this strangely pleasant surprise!
Hahahaha ..
see you!.ehhh
You don show face after it is bidding...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
4tunebest:
Sir @ emmanuelewumi, uniteforreal, ukay and other gurus; I want to confirm if you still think the FGN sukuk investment is okay, as I haven't regretted the ones I subscribed to thus far. This time around, I want to invest massively, so I need to know if there are concerns you may have considering the realities of this Country.

Thanks in anticipation of your feedback

One advantage of the sukuk bond is that of guaranteed income. It saves you the emotions of market fluctuations.
If you do a good due diligence of other opportunities and you are able to compound your coupon payments, you should recover your principal in 5 years or less.
Since it's rental, you can see it as a case of using for example,10M naira to buy a house and getting a yearly rent of approximately 1.6M naira. The house does not increase from original price value and does not also decrease. Your 10M is back at the end of tenor.

Using your coupons to invest in other opportunities is the key here.

Although this cannot beat current inflation and that's why a good growth stock comes to mind as against this sukuk bond.
On the flip side, you have to keep in mind that stocks are volatile and anything can happen at any time and pushes it northwards or southwards.

At the end of the day, the decision is yours. Either u do bond and sleep without worry or buy stocks and keep abreast of information and always on alert in case of any news. Good or bad.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
Coolcash1:

Anybody can set target but actualizing it is a completely different issue. In fact, most of the Nigerian companies that bought Shell assets based on over bloated reserves are licking their wounds now and their going concern threatened. Hence, most onshore assets are underperforming because of oil theft, and vandalization whilst the cost of barging remain exorbitantly high. Another major hurdle for the company is its huge loan exposure and low appetite of foreign banks to fund fossil fuel based on net zero policy of the western countries which will make funding of the acquisition a herculean task. Based on this, I will advise any newbie and experienced investor to exercise caution in falling for another Wale gimmick which has sent many back to the village.

According to the great musician Asake in one of his songs he said, "I go use my head before dem use me".

Ire o.
Oga Coolcash1, the bolded is not correct. The underperformance of some Nigerian companies that acquired Shell assets isn't tied to "over bloated reserves" but rather, to other challenges as you mentioned, like oil theft, pipeline vandalism, and majorly inadequacy of their management team.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Coolcash1: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2023
BullBearMkt:

Oga Coolcash1, the bolded is not correct. The underperformance of some Nigerian companies that acquired Shell assets isn't tied to "over bloated reserves" but rather, to other challenges as you mentioned, like oil theft, pipeline vandalism, and majorly inadequacy of their management team.
grin grin grin grin grin

On the issue of reserves, most of the buyers relied on the seller's in-house reserve estimate and not CPR which by the time they later carried out independent audit of the reserve post-acquisition, it was a different story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7288) (7289) (7290) (7291) (7292) (7293) (7294) ... (7761) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: janga(m), Agbalowomeri, PETERiCHY(m), unite4real, stronglink, drotba(m), Princkez, tayejay(m), floydmayweather, ositadima1(m), Mfunkynation(m), Bagwa, vefexam, Ginalex(f), LILBIMS and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.