Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10885880 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7303) (7304) (7305) (7306) (7307) (7308) (7309) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mumu9gerian: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2023
mikeapollo:

Qualification date: means a shareholder will receive dividends if he holds the shares up to that date and does not sell them.
The shareholder will not receive dividends if he sells his shares before that date or buys the shares after that date.

Closure of Register: is usually a few days from the qualification date. It is the period during which the company does not make changes to the list/register of shareholders (i.e. new buyers/new sellers of the shares are not recognized), so that the dividends can be paid to shareholders who appeared in the register at the end of the qualification date, in order to avoid confusion and mix up in the register.
Thanks so I guess qualification is the monster important date
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
Phlinx:
The Oando bull of the past few weeks is over. Oando is now "falling in line" with the rest of the market.
However, I think the offer of N7.07 for all outstanding shares is no longer feasible there is a new offer already in the works to be proposed by management.
The new offer should be in the region of N12.15.

You can refer to the article below:

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2023/09/11/champion-extraordinaire-oando-boss-wale-tinubus-new-mega-deal/

no where in the write up is the new offer of N12.15 mentioned

is this an inside information or personal speculations?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2023
robobo:

no where in the write up is the new offer of N12.15 mentioned

is this an inside information or personal speculations?
Do not underestimate the calibre of people in this forum.
The guy might just be Wale himself or someone close.
Just like I dey suspect Mcy to be either Elumelu wife or Dangote pikin. Lol

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 4:34pm On Oct 11, 2023
mumu9gerian:

Thanks so I guess qualification is the monster important date

Yes, qualification day is very important if you want to receive dividends
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2023
Mpeace:

i no kuku dey underestimate ooooo

i just wan use style send am back to dem wey give am the inside info say Street no go accept that amount at allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 4:42pm On Oct 11, 2023
lol you guys are funny...that I'm Wale Tinubu grin

@robobo you didn't read carefully. Take:

OODP, the primary shareholder, is initiating a strategic plan to acquire all outstanding shares held by minority stakeholders, offering a scheme consideration that is 58 percent higher than the last traded share price of Oando. This move will lead to the delisting of Oando’s shares from the Nigerian Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2023/09/11/champion-extraordinaire-oando-boss-wale-tinubus-new-mega-deal/
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2023
Phlinx:
lol you guys are funny...that I'm Wale Tinubu grin

@robobo you didn't read carefully. Take:

OODP, the primary shareholder, is initiating a strategic plan to acquire all outstanding shares held by minority stakeholders, offering a scheme consideration that is 58 percent higher than the last traded share price of Oando. This move will lead to the delisting of Oando’s shares from the Nigerian Exchange and the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.

Oga if na that one den na wrong figure u catch. the 58% was when the buyout offer was announced and oando was trading around 4.5-5
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Kaksio(m): 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2023
I wouldn't give too much meaning to what a praise singing journalist has written, may be if he was quoting a high ranking Oando official. He's probably just written his understanding of the situation and nothing more. For example the official narrative is that minority shareholder's have sued OODP to buy out minority shareholders, but reading his article you'd think it was initiated by OODP themselves. so inaccuracy in understanding the situation thats all, i wouldnt insinuate anything from this. Btw i own oando bought t an average of 4.40 naira and dont plan on selling until the clouds over this buy out scheme are cleared.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Phlinx: 5:06pm On Oct 11, 2023
robobo:

Oga if na that one den na wrong figure u catch. the 58% was when the buyout offer was announced and oando was trading around 4.5-5

Really? When was the buyout offer announced? What date?

What was the closing price the day before the announcement?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 5:52pm On Oct 11, 2023
Phlinx:

Really? When was the buyout offer announced? What date?

What was the closing price the day before the announcement?

Check 28th March 2023 closing price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 7:01pm On Oct 11, 2023
Mpeace:
Mcy be Elumelu wife or Dangote Daughter and she go dey here with you for nairaland . Be like say you dey underate those guys relations .

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2023
UkwuAmu:

Mcy be Elumelu wife or Dangote Daughter and she go dey here with you for nairaland . Be like say you dey underate those guys relations .
Stay there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2023
Pls when is access bank paying dividend and what is the qualification date

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by UkwuAmu: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2023
mikeapollo:
[b]NGX RULES ON DE-LISTING OF SHARES, AND HOW IT AFFECTS OANDO[/b]

As per Oando and its de-listing, I did a few checks to find out the NSE/NGX rules and procedures that guide the de-listing of equity securities.
The rules may help investors appreciate the situation better, and possibly inform further investment decisions.

Some of the main points are as follow:

1. the Board of Directors (BOD) of the company (Oando) would pass a resolution to delist
2.. the company (Oando) would notify the NSE/NGX of the Board's recommendation to delist
3. the company (Oando) would apply to the court for necessary legal requirements for delisting its shares
4. the company would organize a Court-ordered Meeting of shareholders (AGM/EGM) to approve or reject the Scheme,
5. the company shall invite the NSE/NGX to the Court-ordered Meeting by a notice not later than 21 days before the meeting.
6. notice of the Court-ordered AGM/EGM shall be published in at least 2 national dailies.
7. the Quotations Committee of NGX shall consider the company's application to ensure the interest of minority shareholders are sufficiently protected
8. the share price at which the dissenting shareholders interest shall be bought shall not be less than the highest price at which the company's shares traded over the six (6) months immediately preceding the date on which the notice of the AGM/EGM at which the resolution to de-list the company was issued ( THIS IS THE REAL ISSUE THAT NEEDS TO BE TACKLED PROPERLY BY THE NGX and SHAREHOLDERS)
9. A company that delisted its shares cannot re-list until after 3 years.

Please Note:
Oando management have only complied with items Nos.1 to 3.
Items Nos.4 to 8 are yet to be achieved.

If the rule per Item No.8 (share price) is strictly adhered to, then Oando would have to pay every minority shareholder the highest price in the preceding 6 months before the AGM/EGM (which has not yet held).

As per the NGX rule, the 6 month period is counted prior to the exact date of the AGM/EGM. If the AGM/EGM has not held, then there is no valid 6 months to count. So Oando is being mischievous and tricky by trying to make reference to some 6 months and fixing a price of N7.07!

Hence, the higher the share price goes on the NGX, the higher the potential exit or buyout price that minority shareholders could get as per NGX rules. This is where the NGX and minority shareholders need to exert their powers. It also serves as an opportunity for speculators to see how they could still buy and make profit.

The highest price of Oando was N16 in September

This is just my personal observation and does not translate to investment advice.

Maybe it's time to join in retweeting this to the appropriate authorities and this might force them to do the right thing . You lose nothing retweeting this

https:///bivins1/status/1712183441280672231?s=20

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 119mba(m): 8:43pm On Oct 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 10:24pm On Oct 11, 2023
MeezPat:
Pls when is access bank paying dividend and what is the qualification date

Qualification date : 5th October. Payment date:October 19th 2023. To keep up with other stocks you have, check out ngx website or nairametric equity section for dividend list, it gets updated regularly. Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by unite4real: 8:57am On Oct 12, 2023
The Stock exchange NGXGROUP website is currently down

https://ngxgroup.com/

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 9:10am On Oct 12, 2023
grin
UkwuAmu:

Maybe it's time to join in retweeting this to the appropriate authorities and this might force them to do the right thing . You lose nothing retweeting this

https:///bivins1/status/1712183441280672231?s=20

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 9:30am On Oct 12, 2023
Which stocks will likely be on Full Bid, and which stocks will likely be on Full Offer today?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2023
Mpeace:
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 10:55am On Oct 12, 2023
Mpeace:
See as you dragged me out.
If I be Dangote pikin, na give away I go dey come here to do once in a while na... grin
Na Otedola be my dream family for now, once it becomes reality, you self go know. Lol. grin

** Back to my guest mode **

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by crownprince2017: 11:16am On Oct 12, 2023
Welcome madam mcy, Its sometimes here, am happy to know you are fine, welcome back from your sabbatical.. grin grin
We don't missed your guidance ooo.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bolton08(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2023
Good morning all,

Please I need guidance, I'm new to stock exchange and I want to some stocks. I need advice on which company to buy from and how to monitor my investment.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by NapoleonHill: 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
bolton08:
Good morning all,

Please I need guidance, I'm new to stock exchange and I want to some stocks. I need advice on which company to buy from and how to monitor my investment.

Thanks

New as well but the popular stockbrokers around here are Morgan Capital and Meristem.

I registered with Morgan. They will guide you on registration and payments. There is a video on how to trade on the platform on YouTube with less than 300 views. It was helpful as older videos are outdated.

Morgan Capital will also analyse and advise you on stocks to buy.

Good luck.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MrDiligence: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
yMcy56:

See as you dragged me out.
If I be Dangote pikin, na give away I go dey come here to do once in a while na... grin
Na Otedola be my dream family for now, once it becomes reality, you self go know. Lol. grin

** Back to my guest mode **

Abeg no underestimate the give aways wen you don already dey do for here o.
#bringbackour@ymcy56#

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Olaide1295: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2023
I did not buy Sukuk @15.75 cos I don't want too much bonds in my portfolio. Trying to keep bonds to a minimum since i'm still young.
Now what stocks are underpriced and have potential?
I am thinking of just buying some Presco and DangSugar. Any thoughts?

cc: @everyone
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2023
If this place na whatsapp group, I for don already remove those people or pipos, wey make my own YMCA enter ghost mode.

Them get luck shaa grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by PETERiCHY(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
UBA sighted @#17.50k
Their SUPERLATIVE Q3 results is around the CORNER.

BARGAIN HUNTERS TAKE NOTE!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Ades1: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
Olaide1295:
I did not buy Sukuk @15.75 cos I don't want too much bonds in my portfolio. Trying to keep bonds to a minimum since i'm still young.
Now what stocks are underpriced and have potential?
I am thinking of just buying some Presco and DangSugar. Any thoughts?

cc: @everyone

Boss, which stocks are underpriced? I can’t seem to find them.

Perhaps Presco is a little cheap but which other stocks?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2023
I will want to believe that the most TRUSTED people in Nigeria, are the Stockbrokers.

We just send them money anyhow without even thinking, what if they decide to gbeebody with our money? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 1:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
essentialone:
I will want to believe that the most TRUSTED people in Nigeria, are the Stockbrokers.

We just send them money anyhow without even thinking, what if they decide to gbeebody with our money? grin
Have you checked the requirements to become a stock broker registered

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7303) (7304) (7305) (7306) (7307) (7308) (7309) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: handsomebolanle, sophy17(m), WestPB, Kwibaba(m), USAfall2024, Obinkita(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.