Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10884945 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) (7383) ... (7753) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chinonsobest: 11:57pm On Nov 24, 2023
mikeapollo:

The court is likely to order Oando to fix a date for the extraordinary AGM (within a time frame) so that shareholders could vote and determine their acceptance or rejection of the buyout offer.
If the shareholders reject and there is another new/improved offer price from Oando, then it means they really want to delist and they may push for it. Otherwise, Oando would continue to be listed and then we continue to die there!

For this OANDO matter..... Bro we die here!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 12:56am On Nov 25, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 12:57am On Nov 25, 2023
mikeapollo:

The SEC Rules stipulates the price cannot be lower than the highest price traded on the NGX over a period of 6 months prior to the AGM.
I am sure the N7.07 proposed by Oando will be rejected totally.
true... Worst come to worst E go be #16+ grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by IYGEAL(m): 1:04am On Nov 25, 2023
ositadima1:
Agents of chaos have infiltrated our thread. This once peaceful place is slowly transforming into a mirror image of Gaza. Otilo!

I assure you, it won't happen.

It's just a matter of very short time. Unserious folks come around from time to time. They only last for a few days or weeks before the individual(s) inevitably finds something else to do; because life will force them to make better use of time.

This thread outlasts them all!

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 1:21am On Nov 25, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sboga: 2:06am On Nov 25, 2023
IYGEAL:

I assure you, it won't happen.

It's just a matter of very short time. Unserious folks come around from time to time. They only last for a few days or weeks before the individual(s) inevitably finds something else to do; because life will force them to make better use of time.

This thread outlasts them all!

Yet anoda monika from petars file
Omo him even come press like 2 times with other monikas.
What a wasted life.
Check me I Dey outlast all ur fake names fo hia.

After dis oando matter is settled I will fade because I will choose to do so. Until den we die here.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 2:43am On Nov 25, 2023
essentialone:
I received a pay-off from Union Bank yesterday afternoon. I nearly shed tears of sadness. I obtained a loan of five hundred thousand naira in 2005, as a civil servant, and invested same on Union Bank shares, with no appreciable dividends declared, since then.
I was paid fifty thousand naira yesterday, for five hundred-thousand-naira investment in 2005. This is sad, and unfortunate. A discouragement on investing in shares, which I believe now should be for those who wish to trade in shares, and not for civil servants, who are thinking of life, after retirement.
Most of our investment on shares, between 2003 and 2008, were wasted by some Directors, of the quoted companies.

I too had a similar experience some time ago and the lesson I took away from it is that after buying a stock, one must not allow a single day go by without checking up the closing price on the exchange and searching the internet for any latest news about the company. In addition no stock on NSE is worth the kind of long-terming you did for Union Bank (2005 - 2023) i.e 18 solid years.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:01am On Nov 25, 2023
Locotrader:

Why the exclamation?!!!!!!
That means you are new in this business Nah.
Do you know I invested in union homes at 8+ in 2008 and also starcomms at 1+,I didn't see kobo to recoup from my 1.2 m naira investment then.
This is one of the reasons I became an emergency Jijoist till date.
Never fall in love with any stock.
That Union Homes broke too many hearts and took lives.
When I visited home lately I met a woman who told me her husband had been on hospital bed for three months without any progress being made on his treatment due to lack of funds, but that the man recently disclosed to them that he owned some shares which he bought at over a million Naira before 2010 and which if sold would take care of his treatment bill and still have left over. I asked her what company shares. When she mentioned Union Homes, my pity for her was not about how badly the price of Union Homes has plummeted but because of how difficult it would be to even find a buyer for it as of now.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 3:13am On Nov 25, 2023
megawealth01:

Amen oooooo

I must become a billionaire before 2023 ends
Sweet dreams grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Melcapital: 6:02am On Nov 25, 2023
rmx:

grin grin

You are correct to some extent , more coherent and English much better in older post

Very funny individuals, same pattern.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:36am On Nov 25, 2023
chimex38:
FROM GT TO JAIZ
https://guardian.ng/news/jaiz-bank-appoints-former-gtbank-executive-musa-md-ceo/
JAIZ don hijack this one from GTBank
* Over 28yrs experience in cognate banking, with 22yrs in Mgmt position in GTB and 8yrs as MD in GT.......until Oct 2023
* November 2023, he assumed the role of CEO in JAIZ Bank.....
* We should expect a positive turn around in JAIZ..... smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 6:40am On Nov 25, 2023
Now Open | MTN Nigeria Communications PLC Up to N72,104,154,000 Series 10 Commercial Paper Issuance
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 7:07am On Nov 25, 2023
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by seyisanya(m): 7:54am On Nov 25, 2023
chimex38:
FROM GT TO JAIZ

https://guardian.ng/news/jaiz-bank-appoints-former-gtbank-executive-musa-md-ceo/
Bold move!. We should expect some interesting moves in the banking sector as banks prepare for the new CBN recapitalisation exercise. Grab your popcorn!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:12am On Nov 25, 2023
femu:

Hope this won't affect bank share prices negatively?

Might affect the share price of small and weak banks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chimex38: 8:15am On Nov 25, 2023
Toluway:
Now Open | MTN Nigeria Communications PLC Up to N72,104,154,000 Series 10 Commercial Paper Issuance
MTN too like Commercial Paper issuance..
Telecom Investment is realy capital intensive.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:15am On Nov 25, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 8:16am On Nov 25, 2023
yMcy56:

JAIZ don hijack this one from GTBank
* Over 28yrs experience in cognate banking, with 22yrs in Mgmt position in GTB and 8yrs as MD in GT.......until Oct 2023
* November 2023, he assumed the role of CEO in JAIZ Bank.....
* We should expect a positive turn around in JAIZ..... smiley

WOW
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 9:18am On Nov 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

Dividend payments nko?

Always good to have a diversified portfolio with extra cash to make moves.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Payunsin: 9:48am On Nov 25, 2023
mikeapollo:

The SEC Rules stipulates the price cannot be lower than the highest price traded on the NGX over a period of 6 months prior to the AGM.
I am sure the N7.07 proposed by Oando will be rejected totally.
I want to load Oando based on this very information. If this information is correct the worst case Na N16.
Or any abadakabra fit happen?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:48am On Nov 25, 2023
femu:

Dividend payments nko?

Always good to have a diversified portfolio with extra cash to make moves.

How can they pay dividends when they need money for recapitalization.

I don't think FUGAZ will have a problem

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mikeapollo: 9:52am On Nov 25, 2023
Payunsin:

I want to load Oando based on this very information. If this information is correct the worst case Na N16.
Or any abadakabra fit happen?
That is the reason people are still buying
Oando at N12.00 or more. They are either targeting the N16 worst case buyout price or hoping to take position if the delisting does not happen eventually.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by robobo: 9:55am On Nov 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:

. The recapitalisation is long due. 25 billion in usd as at 2005/2006 when the last recapitalisation was effected was 200 million dollars which at today rate should be 130 billion naira so i expect a recapitalisation requirement between 150 - 250 billion naira. That said the fugaz and a couple of others should be in safe zone. It can be expected that there would be flight to safety for both deposit and shares from those below this range to those comfortably above it. Selah

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by megawealth01: 10:05am On Nov 25, 2023
robobo:
. The recapitalisation is long due. 25 billion in usd as at 2005/2006 when the last recapitalisation was effected was 200 million dollars which at today rate should be 130 billion naira so i expect a recapitalisation requirement between 150 - 250 billion naira. That said the fugaz and a couple of others should be in safe zone. It can be expected that there would be flight to safety for both deposit and shares from those below this range to those comfortably above it. Selah

CBN will always find a way out for weaker banks... I'm talking as an experienced banker

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:48am On Nov 25, 2023
T
megawealth01:

CBN will always find a way out for weaker banks... I'm talking as an experienced banker

They will be acquired by bigger banks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by GreatEko: 11:26am On Nov 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
T

They will be acquired by bigger banks

or small banks merging to form a larger bank.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 11:30am On Nov 25, 2023
Nigeria Central Bank to tighten policy to curb inflation, asks banks to boost capital
https://www.investing.com/news/economy/nigeria-to-tighten-policy-to-curb-inflation-asks-banks-to-boost-capital-3243010
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 11:41am On Nov 25, 2023
*****Edited for brevity and reposted.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2023
GUINNESS
* Board meeting scheduled for 27th November to address some strategic business issues.......among others....

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/39909_GUINNESS_NIG_PLC-_NOTICES_OF_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_-_NOTICE_BOARD_MEETING_(BM)_NOVEMBER_2023.pdf
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 2:33pm On Nov 25, 2023
emmanuelewumi:
On the contrary, I think small banks stands a chance to benefit more in my opinion.

Some mergers or acquisitions by bigger banks may take place instead.....like it happened in the previous recapitalization.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nigerialabalaba: 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2023
chinonsobest:

For this OANDO matter..... Bro we die here!
Hahahahahahaha....abeg no die oga mi. Na ur money, you go enjoy am titi lai lai. Oando dey gidigba and galant for NGX. Court na shere shere, na SEC ati Wale bi d koko, anyone wey wan sell hin shares, court go tell am make hin go sell hin own for market floor ,leave awa own las las.

Me I go buy more oando sef. If u wan buy Oando, na ur own agbelebu o, carry am if u get body and mind. If u be aneva chop, no carry am.
Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o.

yMcy56:

On the contrary, I think small banks stands a chance to benefit more in my opinion.

Some mergers or acquisitions by bigger banks may take place instead.....like it happened in the previous recapitalization.
No bank small again o. Dem don see d expo of recapitalisation tey tey so notin do dem. In fact, dem don price d recapitalisation for dem share price for market sef. Anyone wey wan raise money now just want to dey punish dem shareholders as dem go dilute dem shares and crash EPS las las. Wema sef suppose no do any right issue again sef.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by femu(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2023
Nigerialabalaba:
Hahahahahahaha....abeg no die oga mi. Na ur money, you go enjoy am titi lai lai. Oando dey gidigba and galant for NGX. Court na shere shere, na SEC ati Wale bi d koko, anyone wey wan sell hin shares, court go tell am make hin go sell hin own for market floor ,leave awa own las las.

Me I go buy more oando sef. If u wan buy Oando, na ur own agbelebu o, carry am if u get body and mind. If u be aneva chop, no carry am.
Igi pawpaw o ni wo pawa o.

No bank small again o. Dem don see d expo of recapitalisation tey tey so notin do dem. In fact, dem don price d recapitalisation for dem price for market sef. Anyone wey wan raise money now just want to dey punish dem shareholders as dem go dilute dem shares and crash EPS las las. Wema sef suppose no do any right issue again sef.

If the share too crash wont that mean some of the stakeholders risk losing their majority control?

Naira no get value again

(1) (2) (3) ... (7377) (7378) (7379) (7380) (7381) (7382) (7383) ... (7753) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Krisuba, Agbalowomeri, Diyke4rich, 222Martins(m), phemmie06(m), Bagwa, kdaddy, SonofElElyonRet and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.