Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10895018 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) ... (7754) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 4:46pm On Jan 31
Laso09:

What is your take on transcorp considering today closing price?

Ogbeni wait till it has fully bottomed out o
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31
SonofElElyonRet:

Ogbeni wait till it has fully bottomed out o

Grave robber.I remember those days we use to look for bottom.

No bottom this time because we are not in bears.You will suddenly see a reversal any moment

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 4:52pm On Jan 31
I have been waiting to see NB result.
My barometer for the brew stocks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 4:55pm On Jan 31
Locotrader:

No bottom this time because we are not in bears.You will suddenly see a reversal any moment

Well... if Any one suffers substantial loss they know who to hold grin
My advice was specific to transcorp by the way
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31
Locotrader:

It depends on who is doing the selling. It may be the trading department of some institution who may have been ordered by management to reduce exposure to certain stocks. In that case, we may see prices go even more into the red until they have met their target.

Then, after that, we can continue our upward journey, probably back to the year's highs. All these pension funds etc., those guys don't send anybody o. angry

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:01pm On Jan 31
Locotrader:

Guy see opportunities full.Truely cash is King why gsk no just wan pay us.How I want take miss this kind opportunities tomorrow and next.It will likely not be thr by Monday.

This is what we call transfer of wealth. God send cash to me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:09pm On Jan 31
SonofElElyonRet:

Well... if Any one suffers substantial loss they know who to hold grin
My advice was specific to transcorp by the way

Transcorp has done 20% pullback already.
It will quickly do 11.66 immediately trading starts tomorrow and stabilize around 12 in the mid day.We are not in the bear season
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:12pm On Jan 31
See the kind grave robber price this market just they present now.God abeg oh.See good dividend bargains and opportunity for capital appreciation of 50% join
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31
Streetinvestor2:
Guy see opportunities full.Truely cash is King why gsk no just wan pay us.How I want take miss this kind opportunities tomorrow and next.It will likely not be thr by Monday.

ASI wet dey do warm up to catch 150 by year end.

I pray for cash to come soon.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:14pm On Jan 31
Locotrader:

Transcorp has done 20% pullback already.
It will quickly do 11.66 immediately trading starts tomorrow and stabilize around 12 in the mid day.We are not in the bear season
My guy na uba wan make me mad self.Any one that picks uba at #20 na wonderful bargain. If transcorp can do #10 for sweet die.imagine final dividend of 1.50 -2.00 and sure bet of 50% appreciation.Uba must maintain 1 trillion bench

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by currentprice: 5:16pm On Jan 31
iHaveMadeiT2:

The problem with the picture you painted is that you can't say for sure how low or high the price can go and when to dive back in. For the example you gave, all it takes to recover and even exceed the 8 million price pull back is just few days of upward price movement, while you that sold thinking you are smart will be left in the cold.

Anyway, na you be the expert, while me na learner

even if the price refuse to fall and rise straight to what I think is the fairprice... thatz not a problem for me bro. before I decided to let go, i was looking toward Q3 for possible re-entry the mkt. it a patience I have learn from my Oga Oracle.

we've left our trading fund with broker for good 18 months in the past waiting for possible good price to enter a stock during which fellow investors here kept celebrating their loot and dividend alert from the market. our turn came later we got our own share of the market.

anything mkt bring..No shaken bro

grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stcool(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31
Streetinvestor2:
My guy na uba wan make me mad self.Any one that picks uba at #20 na wonderful bargain. If transcorp can do #10 for sweet die

If UBA hits N20..I will add. That is 10% dividend yield on N2.00 dividend + easy 50% capital appreciation at N30....omo no think am grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:20pm On Jan 31
Caverton has done well.
I will be glad to see their Oct -Dec report.
A candidiate of 200% in 2024.
Your own bull is warming up if your Q1 is improved...

https://doclib.ngxgroup.com/Financial_NewsDocs/40277_CAVERTON_OFFSHORE_SUPPORT_GROUP_PLC-_YEAR_END_-_FINANCIAL_STATEMENT_FOR_2023_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_JANUARY_2024.pdf

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kolaish(m): 5:25pm On Jan 31
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:28pm On Jan 31
Streetinvestor2:
My guy na uba wan make me mad self.Any one that picks uba at #20 na wonderful bargain. If transcorp can do #10 for sweet die.imagine final dividend of 1.50 -2.00 and sure bet of 50% appreciation.Uba must maintain 1 trillion bench

The problem with Transcorp is peanut dividend.people don't have so much confidence over their pattern of dividend but Tony is looking for growth first.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:31pm On Jan 31
Locotrader:

I will advise you exercise caution with Transcorp. You might still get it cheaper. I don't see it exceeding N15 again until when the Q1 earnings are out

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:32pm On Jan 31
With the current inflation and currency devaluation, don't lose based on price and value. That na double lose
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Laso09: 5:36pm On Jan 31
BullBearMkt:

Transcorp stock remains a BUY as long-term is bullish. With the market breadth bearish, the stock price may dip further down. Next is to:
-focus on weekly value zone (IF market breadth remains bearish) and buy more to add to my portfolio
-However, whenever market breadth changes to bullish and stock price below the daily value zone, I add more again.

Thank you.
grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:

I will advise you exercise caution with Transcorp. You might still get it cheaper. I don't see it exceeding N15 again until when the Q1 earnings are out

My time has elapsed in Transcorp.It is out of range for me.i am just expressing my view in it and what I am expecting from it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31
ositadima1:
It looks more like institutions dumping their stocks, probably trying to reduce exposure or something similar. If it were retailers dumping, it wouldn't look like this. The rate at which they are withdrawing their money will surely result in losses for them. Stocks like Zenith took a slow ascent to go up in price. The way they are crashing now, if it continues, will quickly take them back to pre-bull run prices. This is not clever in my opinion. I can remember how GTCO was distributed in 2022 - the entity selling then was dumping it slowly over time.
...turn your attention to long term and you'll see opportunities. GTCO that you're comparing it with Transcorp was bearish in 2022 on long-term.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:42pm On Jan 31
We might not be in a bear market, but smart money will start rebalancing their portfolio.

Probably there are 2 stocks in the same sector. Stock A might have a PE of 60 while stock B might have PE of 8 and they operate in the same industry and having about the same capital and profitability.

The portfolio will be rebalanced by accumulating more the cheaper option and reducing the expensive one

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 5:43pm On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:
With the current inflation and currency devaluation, don't lose based on price and value. That na double lose

Can you pls explain what you mean by the bolded.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 5:50pm On Jan 31
Locotrader:

Can you pls explain what you mean by the bolded.....

One should not lose from both side.

If you bought a share for N1000 in 2023 but now selling for N900 in 2024.

It has lost in price, and lost in value when you convert to dollar.

If you bought a share for N1000 in 2023 but now selling for N1300.

It has gained in price about 30% but lost in value when you convert to dollar.

If you invested N1000 in Transcorp in 2023 and now it is worth N11,000.

It has gained in both price and value.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Streetinvestor2: 5:53pm On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:

If it stays anything btw #10 - #15 through out the yr.it is ok for me,lol.My BE na just #2.00

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by MeezPat(f): 6:01pm On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:
Good to have some Fixed Income investments in your portfolio..it is a portfolio stabilizer
it might be a good time to sell some of your fixed income and move back in after MPC meeting...Jumbo rate hikes expected at the next MPC or maybe not grin grin angry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:05pm On Jan 31
MeezPat:
it might be a good time to sell some of your fixed income and move back in after MPC meeting...Jumbo rate hikes expected at the next MPC or maybe not grin grin angry

I will rather buy more. It is just 10% of my portfolio while Eurobond Fund is 8%
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BullBearMkt(m): 6:09pm On Jan 31
BullBearMkt:
NIGERIAN STOCK EXCHANGE MARKET UPDATE
There was a sell-off today, because of yesterday's negative news relating to the invitation of some banks' CEOs by the EFCC; however, the price dip has divergence with volume. This indicates that the pullback is likely to be gentle.

Some stocks are just beckoning opportunities - BUY the dip!

Compliment of the Season guys!

PLAN YOUR TRADES AND TRADE YOUR PLANS
grin grin grin grin grin
Unfortunately, only the banking sector declined heavily in January 2024. It all started with the continuous stream of negative news that has plagued the sector since the month's inception. All other sectors remain strong.
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Locotrader(m): 6:18pm On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:

One should not lose from both side.

If you bought a share for N1000 in 2023 but now selling for N900 in 2024.

It has lost in price, and lost in value when you convert to dollar.

If you bought a share for N1000 in 2023 but now selling for N1300.

It has gained in price about 30% but lost in value when you convert to dollar.

If you invested N1000 in Transcorp in 2023 and now it is worth N11,000.

It has gained in both price and value.

Using you scenario, one can also gain in price and lose in value considering the present devaluation.

What is your advice to investors who are currently losing in price and value?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:26pm On Jan 31
Locotrader:

Using you scenario, one can also gain in price and lose in value considering the present devaluation.

What is your advice to investors who are currently losing in price and value?

That is why valuation is very important, The price paid for an investment is important. Imagine those who bought Fore Oil at N100 only to sell their Ardova at N25

identify quality stocks that can give a minimum return of capital employed of over 30%. Who are growing their earnings at double digits but selling at a discount.

N2.5 million bought 1 million units of Nahco shares in 2020. The company gave a bonus of 1 for 5, meaning the 1 million units increased to 1.2 million units

The Investment of N2.5 million is now worth about N37 million excluding dividends earned. The investment gained in price and value

But if he had bought dollar with the N2.5 million in 2020 it would be worth about N6 million

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 6:28pm On Jan 31
emmanuelewumi:
We might not be in a bear market, but smart money will start rebalancing their portfolio.

Probably there are 2 stocks in the same sector. Stock A might have a PE of 60 while stock B might have PE of 8 and they operate in the same industry and having about the same capital and profitability.

The portfolio will be rebalanced by accumulating more the cheaper option and reducing the expensive one
Pls, what is a good entry for Dangsugar and UBA?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 6:32pm On Jan 31
grin grin

Streetinvestor2:

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 6:34pm On Jan 31
BullBearMkt:

...turn your attention to long term and you'll see opportunities. GTCO that you're comparing it with Transcorp was bearish in 2022 on long-term.
grin grin grin grin grin

I think I may have been misunderstood due to my erratic thinking.

I was not comparing GTCO to Transcorp directly. Rather, I was pointing out the efficient way in which GTCO was sold off in 2022 by an entity, compared to how Zenith, Transcorp and other valuable stocks are currently being dumped.

The entity behind the ongoing dumping stands to lose some capital given the approach, especially for Zenith which had been built up slowly over time.

My theory is that the faster you move a price up or down by exerting demand/supply pressure, the lower the volume involved.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7554) (7555) (7556) (7557) (7558) (7559) (7560) ... (7754) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: aimaft and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.