Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,543 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10878155 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7673) (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) ... (7751) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ajsans: 5:00pm On Mar 25
emmanuelewumi:
At 20%, N1 million compounded for 10 years will grow to about N6.2 million.

Sir, but bonds are not compounded. Is there a way you compound your bond
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BabsO2(m): 5:08pm On Mar 25
KarlTom:
Today's market was so-so smiley

Sideways trading as investors await FY audited results of Banks approved by CBN as well as the outcome of the ongoing MPC meetings amongst other data to gauge the future of z market.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25
Corporate disclosure- Transcorp Power

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 5:54pm On Mar 25
ExcessKJ:
Ok
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 6:14pm On Mar 25
emmanuelewumi:

I have both of them, my average cost price is less than N5. 00

Sold 25% of my United Capital and 20% of my Nahco shares last week to buy fixed income investment at 20% guarantee return

Okay, Iay likely get inside and average down if it falls below my entry price.
About the fixed income, it is dicey considering Nigeria's regular devaluation.
I had interest in it before, but I am considering dollar denominated mutual funds.
Please what is the interest rate or yearly return on ucap dollar mutual fund? I checked their site/app but doesn't really get the rate.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:22pm On Mar 25
emmaodet:

Okay, Iay likely get inside and average down if it falls below my entry price.
About the fixed income, it is dicey considering Nigeria's regular devaluation.
I had interest in it before, but I am considering dollar denominated mutual funds.
Please what is the interest rate or yearly return on ucap dollar mutual fund? I checked their site/app but doesn't really get the rate.

About 5%.

I won't advise you to buy dollar denominated fixed income fund now.

You will get dollar cheaper by June

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 6:25pm On Mar 25
emmanuelewumi:

About 5%.

I won't advise you to buy dollar denominated fixed income fund now.

You will get dollar cheaper by June

Waoooo, 5% seems kind of ridiculous for a whole year.
Anyway, I will think over it.
At the bolded, actually I earn in dollars so it changes nothing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:32pm On Mar 25
Finally, I am back from Nairaland suspension.

What have I missed?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 6:36pm On Mar 25
emmaodet:

Waoooo, 5% seems kind of ridiculous for a whole year.
Anyway, I will think over it.
At the bolded, actually I earn in dollars so it changes nothing

It is a dollar investment, that is even on the high side in the country that owns dollar that is the US
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 6:44pm On Mar 25
ExcessKJ:
By implication, new shareholders will enjoy dividends or bonus shares if the board approves.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmaodet: 7:16pm On Mar 25
emmanuelewumi:

It is a dollar investment, that is even on the high side in the country that owns dollar that is US

Hmmmmmm
Let's see how it goes.
I just want to try my hands in local league and gather the necessary experience before going to the champion's league aka NYSE/Nasdaq exchange since trading and earning dividend in dollars to spend in Nigeria will make good sense.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:25pm On Mar 25
What's the outlook for international energy insurance in view of the red showing? 10% loss...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 7:27pm On Mar 25
Adinije:
Ur are right. I have scoop some. grin while waiting for more dip.
Tomorrow is my diving day.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 7:50pm On Mar 25
emmanuelewumi:

Sold 25% of my United Capital and 20% of my Nahco shares last week to buy fixed income investment at 20% guarantee return

What fixed income investment gives 20%?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25
EduC:

What fixed income investment gives 20%?

The current rates on FGN bond is now over 20%

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Adinije(f): 8:32pm On Mar 25
Deadlytruth:

Tomorrow is my diving day.
Cool, will buy again tomorrow. Hopefully it touches #47
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 8:43pm On Mar 25
Mpeace:
By implication, new shareholders will enjoy dividends or bonus shares if the board approves.

The Transcorp Power disclosure is a notice of close - which is a practice for listed companies on stock exchanges. It was designed to prevent insiders privy to sensitive information from taking advantage of that to acquire more share or sell off to prevent any loss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:44pm On Mar 25
yMcy56:
@Mpeace
Find attached the volume mvmt being argued sometimes ago.
Thanks alot. I am now better educated.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mpeace(m): 8:45pm On Mar 25
ExcessKJ:

The Transcorp Power disclosure is a notice of close - which is a practice for listed companies on stock exchanges. It was designed to prevent insiders privy to sensitive information from taking advantage of that to acquire more share or sell off to prevent any loss
It also means that full year 2023 result and corporate action is not yet out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Deadlytruth(m): 8:49pm On Mar 25
Adinije:
Cool, will buy again tomorrow. Hopefully it touches #47
If it touches 47 tomorrow, that will be fine.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ositadima1(m): 9:06pm On Mar 25
I have an entry signal for SUNUASSUR; if the resistance level of 1.16 is breached below, it will indicate that my analysis is incorrect. This stock is not liquid, and I would not risk more than 50K in it. So, with an investment of 50k, I expect 50K, which could be used for beer and smoked pork meat, or cream and relaxer for the ladies. grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ExcessKJ(m): 9:56pm On Mar 25
Mpeace:
It also means that full year 2023 result and corporate action is not yet out.

Yes. It will be released after expiration of the closed period, usually 30 days post fiscal quarter or 60 days FYS in the absence of unaudited FYS

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmasoft(m): 12:32am On Mar 26

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by EduC(m): 4:53am On Mar 26
emmanuelewumi:

The current rates on FGN bond is now over 20%

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by maishai: 5:53am On Mar 26
Zagee:

Nigeria is a hot bed when investing. The instability, geo-tension and the "Nigerianess" drives the madness on value erosion overtime. You must be really BIG to go long term.
Hence, I see reasons to the earlier submission questioning how the invested sum was gotten while still discounting the fact that legal money still sign-up long-term contract.

To succeed in the Nigerian Market, is just big balls,

Take a look at FBNH, some thing that was begging people to enter at #4........Now small fishes like me can't swim in, UBA begged people to enter at #2 consistently for nearly a year..

In my own opinion it's better to lock such profits in bonds while waiting for the bad news to make market crash

Watching it will happen

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BigBashiru: 6:33am On Mar 26
emmanuelewumi:

Please which investment house offers the fixed income investment with 20% return?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by BigBashiru: 6:34am On Mar 26
EduC:

Thanks

Are you sure? FGN savings bond = 13% max or so. Am I missing something?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stronglink: 6:42am On Mar 26
yMcy56:
For SUGAR and SALT faithfuls, hope still dey....
At least insiders are also buying @60s....
They just shouldn't continue to test our patience...lol. smiley
please how did you use to check for insider trading.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by essentialone(m): 6:52am On Mar 26
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 7:22am On Mar 26
maishai:

To succeed in the Nigerian Market, is just big balls,

Take a look at FBNH, some thing that was begging people to enter at #4........Now small fishes like me can't swim in, UBA begged people to enter at #2 consistently for nearly a year..

In my own opinion it's better to lock such profits in bonds while waiting for the bad news to make market crash

Watching it will happen

That's bad of you... no bad news in the horizon but you wish for it.... so you can enter blue chip stocks at rock bottom prices.... not caring that a crash can ruin some investors... there are low priced stocks with huge prospects you can enter into.. doesn't have to be the high and mighty ones

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:54am On Mar 26
BigBashiru:

Please which investment house offers the fixed income investment with 20% return?

I buy from my bank and then move the investment to my CSCS account

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:56am On Mar 26
BigBashiru:

Are you sure? FGN savings bond = 13% max or so. Am I missing something?

FGN savings bond is different from FGN bond.

FGN savings bond is for 2 to 3 years

FGN bonds are for 5 years to 20 years

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7673) (7674) (7675) (7676) (7677) (7678) (7679) ... (7751) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KayOn1, Emumakpo, 2zona(m), NewBola, kdaddy, Princkez, ositadima1(m), otomatic(m), Palomadove, TsarZed, sterlingD(m), dapix, SonofElElyonRet, goldendessy(m), Hedgefunds, Raider76 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.