Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,070 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (7698) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10875637 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7695) (7696) (7697) (7698) (7699) (7700) (7701) ... (7750) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Camoready: 10:20pm On Apr 09
UBA has made me so happy today. Eid Mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:22pm On Apr 10

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:34pm On Apr 10
Mpeace:
I wonder why gtb sells higher than zenith. Forget about the whole OS thing.
Lol. Maybe investors looks beyond revenue or PAT alone.
ZENITH may first do initial gra-gra, still come soft pedal for its Oga-on-top smiley
Let's see how market reacts to the results in coming days....

Overall, f.u.g.a.z. really tried this time around.......waiting for the "F" result as well.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 1:51pm On Apr 10
9free:
Meaning all those EPS from them na audio grin.
From next year, na to begin deduct N12 from the declared full year EPS of FUGAZ and have my peace.
Oga, enjoy these ones first.......next year will take care of itself smiley
Na so people talk different things last year but this year is even more better.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Utalinmou: 3:44pm On Apr 10
When is Sterling bringing out their results? Who knows?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Camoready: 7:25pm On Apr 10
AGM Date for UBA?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 9:18pm On Apr 10
Camoready:
AGM Date for UBA?
Not yet out.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Teledom1: 10:45pm On Apr 10
[quote author=jelmusboy post=125946312]

Hello Bro , are you currently at Morgan state Uni??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 8:19am On Apr 11
Mpeace:
I wonder why gtb sells higher than zenith. Forget about the whole OS thing.

I think it boils down to GTB's historical superior efficiency. Such ratios as RoA and RoE come to mind.

#Credits for the attached tabular comparisons of Access, GTB and Zenith goes to @Rufyb on X.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 9:42am On Apr 11
Please, does anyone know the percentage of assets of Nigerian banks with foreign operations that are domiciled outside Nigeria? This will help with valuations, with respect to the naira exchange rate fluctuation.

For instance, the better Assets growth rates of UBA (first) then Access vs Zenith may boil down to that.

Image credits: Nairametrics

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Hogwarthtrades: 10:14am On Apr 11
chillykelly86:
Please, does anyone know the percentage of assets of Nigerian banks with foreign operations that are domiciled outside Nigeria? This will help with valuations, with respect to the naira exchange rate fluctuation.

For instance, the better Assets growth rates of UBA (first) then Access vs Zenith may boil down to that.

Image credits: Nairametrics

quick look to annual report/ audited or unaudited financial statemenet (whichever you can lay your hands on) into the banks of your interest annual report should give you an answer to your question . E.g Access bank go through it's annual report between page 101- 108 they usually state asset and liability exposure, credit risk , equity risk,etc. You can also look at the financial instrument Fair value tables to get an idea of their valuation system of their asset home and abroad to give you an idea of what they are exposed to.

be mindful that some acquisitions may not show up if the deal has not been ratified by appropriate regulatory bodies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 12:11pm On Apr 11
Hogwarthtrades:

quick look to annual report/ audited or unaudited financial statemenet (whichever you can lay your hands on) into the banks of your interest annual report should give you an answer to your question . E.g Access bank go through it's annual report between page 101- 108 they usually state asset and liability exposure, credit risk , equity risk,etc. You can also look at the financial instrument Fair value tables to get an idea of their valuation system of their asset home and abroad to give you an idea of what they are exposed to.

be mindful that some acquisitions may not show up if the deal has not been ratified by appropriate regulatory bodies.

Thanks a lot for this.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SonofElElyonRet: 1:41pm On Apr 11
https://businessday.ng/business-economy/article/naira-jumps-to-8-month-high-of-1120-as-dollars-flood-black-market/

Naira now N1,120 to dollar.
Funds previously in dollars speculation should flow into stock exchange hopefully

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 1:51pm On Apr 11
WEEKEND RESEARCH;
To all who wish to take part in this short-term educational-based research, feel free to contribute.

THEME; FINDING WONDERFUL COYS ON NGX THAT ARE FAR BELOW THEIR INTRINSIC VALUE

The question I'd like to put for is this; Based on the given metrics below, what stock or stocks have a high intrinsic value?
1. Return on Net Tangible Assets (RONTA)
2. Return on Equity (ROE)
3. Profit Margin
4. Earnings per Share (EPS)
5. Debt to Equity
6. Free Cash Flow (FCF)
7. Capital Light i.e Businesses that do not necessarily require extensive capital to operate.
8. Retained Earnings

DISCLAIMER
This exercise is for educational purposes to the general public. This shouldn't be tagged as financial advice

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 2:28pm On Apr 11
yMcy56:

Qualification Date: A date in which shareholders who owns shares in a particular stock will be qualified to receive Dividend

Qualification Date is determined by each Company......and it varies from Company to Company

Example of DIVIDEND info from ACCESS attached...
Registrar is Coronation Registrars

In the case of access, closure and qualifications will be end of trading tomorrow right?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Penboy: 2:32pm On Apr 11
delvzy:
WEEKEND RESEARCH;
To all who wish to take part in this short-term educational-based research, feel free to contribute.

The question I'd like to put for is this; Based on the given metrics below, what stock or stocks have a high intrinsic value?
3. Profit Margin
5. Debt to Equity
6. Free Cash Flow (FCF)
7. Capital Light i.e Businesses that do not necessarily require extensive capital to operate.
8. Retained Earnings

DISCLAIMER
This exercise is for educational purposes to the general public. This shouldn't be tagged as financial advice

Which website can you find this fundamental metrics of Nigerian companies please?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 2:37pm On Apr 11
Penboy:

Which website can you find this fundamental metrics of Nigerian companies please?

I make use of Investing(dot)com as well as the company’s report as well as Trading View. There are others out there though.

Feel free to look for the ones that best suit you.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11
delvzy:
WEEKEND RESEARCH;

3. Profit Margin
5. Debt to Equity
6. Free Cash Flow (FCF)
8. Retained Earnings

DISCLAIMER

Capital light businesses usually have grow wealth at a faster rate

CAPEX/Net operating cash flow of 15% and below or CAPEX/Revenue of 5% and below .

They are capable of converting most of their net income and net operating cash flow to Free Cash Flow

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Mankind2024: 5:37pm On Apr 11
GEREGU POWER DIVIDEND...✔️
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Choiceguy: 6:10pm On Apr 11
Agbalowomeri:

I am waiting for the bottom in November 😂
You know I like yansh😂😂😂

grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by SetrakusRa(m): 7:12pm On Apr 11
emmanuelewumi:

Capital light businesses usually have

CAPEX/Net operating cash flow of 15% and below or CAPEX/Revenue of 5% and below .

They are capable of converting most of their net income and net operating cash flow to Free Cash Flow

Dropped this in a screener, and got 21 companies.

What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chipa: 7:54pm On Apr 11
chillykelly86:

I think it boils down to GTB's historical superior efficiency. Such ratios as RoA and RoE come to mind.

#Credits for the attached tabular comparisons of Access, GTB and Zenith goes to @Rufyb on X.

Can this be done for the 5 fugaz banks? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:27pm On Apr 11
SetrakusRa:

What do you think?

Consider the average 5 years trend, profitability of the business and earning quality.

Instead of dropping in a screener, I will do it manually for stocks on my watchlist.

Some of the stocks that appeared on the screener are dead.

Capital intensity of a business is also dependent on the industry. You can't compares the capital intensity of Julius Berger with that APR

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:33am On Apr 12
chillykelly86:

I think Mr. Market just have a way of placing these stocks in their respective positions......but, looking at this comparison, I think ACCESS is grossly undervalued compared to the prices of GT and ZEE.

If only we can see UBA and FBNH on the table as well.

Thanks for this table. Very informative.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 6:36am On Apr 12
ojeysky:
In the case of access, closure and qualifications will be end of trading tomorrow right?
It must have been marked down already.
Closure may now be today anyway, because of the holidays.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ojeysky(m): 6:44am On Apr 12
yMcy56:

It must have been marked down already.
Closure may now be today anyway, because of the holidays.

So anyone that buy today does not qualify?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by vacanci: 8:36am On Apr 12
yMcy56:

I think Mr. Market just have a way of placing these stocks in their respective positions......but, looking at this comparison, I think ACCESS is grossly undervalued compared to the prices of GT and ZEE.

If only we can see UBA and FBNH on the table as well.

Thanks for this table. Very informative.

Grossly undervalued but they are too stingy with dividends.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by delvzy(m): 8:48am On Apr 12
SetrakusRa:

What do you think?
I will advise you to do it based on sectors rather than just making comparisons haphazardly.

For the return on net tangible assets (RONTA), look for one with at least 20%.

Use the formula;
RONTA = Net Income / Net Tangible Assets

To find the [b]Net Tangible Asset [/b]use;
Total Assets (-) Total Liabilities (-) Intangible Assets

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Jaakay: 9:00am On Apr 12
Pls any pointers as to what to expect from FCMB? I noticed not much is discussed asbper the viability of this stock at its current price.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Zagee: 9:02am On Apr 12
vacanci:

Grossly undervalued but they are too stingy with dividends.

With all that acquisition, why shouldn't they be? Well, let's see if that will slow down for now and if returns by H1 will prove a point.

Good beautiful Friday swift morning to all!! Mid-term breaks are over!! grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by yMcy56(f): 9:32am On Apr 12
ojeysky:
So anyone that buy today does not qualify?
Why wait till today when qualification Date was 10th April?
You can only buy for Capital appreciation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by KarlTom: 10:00am On Apr 12
Ding! wink grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7695) (7696) (7697) (7698) (7699) (7700) (7701) ... (7750) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.