Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,395 members, 7,843,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (10999295 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (7792) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2013
anyanwu58: Greetings everyone, this is my first time of posting in this forum.
I bought 20,000 units of NB in may this yesr at a price of 175 and now the price has dropped to 150, pls i want to know is it time to offload or do i still hold on?
Ur advice will be appreciated.

HOLD, but with an outlook of 2-3 years
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by mindtricks: 9:47pm On Jun 18, 2013
shigidi:

HOLD, but with an outlook of 2-3 years
Why? Could you throw more light, thanks.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 11:05pm On Jun 18, 2013
anyanwu58: Greetings everyone, this is my first time of posting in this forum.
I bought 20,000 units of NB in may this yesr at a price of 175 and now the price has dropped to 150, pls i want to know is it time to offload or do i still hold on?
Ur advice will be appreciated.

It all depends on your strategy- I mean why did you buy it the first place. Did you buy because of suggestion from your broker or what? Did you buy it because of dividend? Or did you buy it to trade or to invest? Answers to all these questions will determine whether you should sell or not. As the other guy satirically suggested, no how no how you will get your money back within the next three years. It could be early, but definitely you will get it back if you can wait. Next time please take a deep breath and ask yourself the reason why you want to take a position and know when to exit either profit or negative. This should be known before taking the position. Trading for living involves a great amount of discipline.

My over all advice is that if you don't need the money now leave it. You have learnt your lesson. If you need the money cut your losses and run. Runner is not always a loser as he can fight another war.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by miftpulse: 2:58am On Jun 19, 2013
academy made 40% last week, please can anybody proffer answers to the reason why?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 4:49am On Jun 19, 2013
miftpulse: academy made 40% last week, please can anybody proffer answers to the reason why?
questioning trend or you're in the market to improve portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by shigidi(m): 6:27am On Jun 19, 2013
mindtricks: Why? Could you throw more light, thanks.

NB is quite expensive at the price you bought it. That is not to say it may not even surpass that price in the coming months. But to be safe, i gave that time frame.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Josh121(m): 6:50am On Jun 19, 2013
Was Transcorp right Issue successful ??
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by miftpulse: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2013
definitely, i am in the market to improve portfolio, but using every available forum to get insight into the best possible route to follow.If you check my other post i think you are not going to find inquistiveness out of place, it is your post on how bank shares sucks that held me back from investing there, despite various analysis giving zenith and diamond hype.I deeply respect what you guys are doing here
stockbull:
questioning trend or you're in the market to improve portfolio
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:28am On Jun 19, 2013
LEARN THIS.
***you dont invest in every stock that goes up in price especially when you can not differentiate between manipulation and real trend.you may go into it and have a successful exit but you may fail in it more that you succeed in it under the same condition.

***you dont buy stock when the market is in strong down trend.
***when your stock is rising while the market is in down trend having the most active sectors and stocks falling, run out of the stock. You will be suprised that the stock would soon join them.
***when a stock is creating heavy gap, you should be very careful and it's mostly meant for traders.
These are secrets that are difficult to expose but will always do that once in a while

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:43am On Jun 19, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. Stocks extend 4-day losing streak by -0.16% amid waning sell pressure

2. Livestock Snaps 4-day losing streak, 52wks gain hits +405.10%

3. Sterling Bank Shops for N12.5bn from Shareholders

4. DANGCEM commences construction of concrete roads in 14 Communities in Ogun State

5. NAICOM cautions public on assets of Springlife

6. FG to pay N11bn insurance premium for workers

source: www.proshareng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2013
stockbull:

LEARN THIS.
***you dont invest in every stock that goes up in price especially when you can not differentiate between manipulation and real trend.you may go into it and have a successful exit but you may fail in it more that you succeed in it under the same condition.

***when your stock is rising while the market is in down trend having the most active sectors and stocks falling, run out of the stock. You will be suprised that the stock would soon join them.
***when a stock is creating heavy gap, you should be very careful and it's mostly meant for traders.
These are secrets that are difficult to expose but will always do that once in a while

Thanks alot
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 19, 2013
thank u stockbull but u have stopped your weekly stock recommendation.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 8:50am On Jun 19, 2013
valacious: goodtime for dangsugar, livestock, okomu, japaul and oando. I see a reversal on the nse floor today.

oga valacious how far?

you just disappear go one corner go enjoy ur first bank loot abi.. grin

The market will make a rebound today as sell pressure waned down yesterday...
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalan: 10:14am On Jun 19, 2013
stockbull:

LEARN THIS.

deep counsel only the living can understand.
Funny enough many will not heed becos of human nature.
I see some stocks creating new price heights.

The market is stiff, needs good strategies to come on top.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by feelamong(m): 10:16am On Jun 19, 2013
Born 2be Rich:

oga valacious how far?

you just disappear go one corner go enjoy ur first bank loot abi.. grin

The market will make a rebound today as sell pressure waned down yesterday...

Dont be too sure! On a personal note i feel the market hasnt fallen down enough..Diamond bank in particular did not get to my bid price of N6.

anyway no shaking..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. Stocks extend 4-day losing streak by -0.16% amid waning sell pressure

2. Livestock Snaps 4-day losing streak, 52wks gain hits +405.10%

3. Sterling Bank Shops for N12.5bn from Shareholders

4. DANGCEM commences construction of concrete roads in 14 Communities in Ogun State

5. NAICOM cautions public on assets of Springlife

6. FG to pay N11bn insurance premium for workers

source: www.proshareng.com
I hope NEM gets the Lion share of this loot..... lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chukyjones(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2013
9free:
I hope NEM gets the Lion share of this loot..... lipsrsealed
seconded smiley[quote author=9free]
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 11:53am On Jun 19, 2013
Those that will get the shares already know themselves. It is a payment for past services. Does NEM runs a pension services as administrator/ custodian ?

Happy investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by brio(m): 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
I just ordered for access, fidelity and zenith bank now! Is this a right decision my Ogas?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Jun 19, 2013
brio: I just ordered for access, fidelity and zenith bank now! Is this a right decision my Ogas?

Conservatively yes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 2:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
stockbull:

LEARN THIS.

i ignore this wise counsel loose small amount of money in gtb stock from from N30 to N27 b4 i ran away.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Omexonomy: 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
brio: I just ordered for access, fidelity and zenith bank now! Is this a right decision my Ogas?
you have my support except for fidelity bank that is found of dancing arround N3
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2013
Omexonomy: i ignore this wise counsel loose small amount of money in gtb stock from from N30 to N27 b4 i ran away.

You just took unnecessary lose on the best performing banking stock.

Happy investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 2:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
Omexonomy: you have my support except for fidelity bank that is found of dancing around N3

fidelity bank is a NO NO, them and first bank are partners in the macabre dance of death.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 3:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
otokx:

fidelity bank is a NO NO, them and first bank are partners in the macabre dance of death.

now, you people try to understand the dancing phenomenon
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 3:55pm On Jun 19, 2013

you're convinced that you've made your decision. Happy entry
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2013
Ogas in d house..I'm planning to order for fidson,diamond n okomu..any advice 4 me
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 4:08pm On Jun 19, 2013
Plz Stockbull and my ogas in the house, will it be a good one to enter Evans Medical @ N2+ coz its already going south? Godd bless you all!
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by sellydion: 4:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
datovid :
Ogas in d house..I'm planning to order for fidson,diamond n okomu..any advice 4 me

If you must invest in agric sector why dont you consider Presco instead of OKOMU for now. I still hold the reservation of that good stock OKOMU as it seems expensive going by recent 1 for 1 bonus. Diamond is good. I dont know about Fidson do your home work.

Happy Investing
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2013
gosj: Plz Stockbull and my ogas in the house, will it be a good one to enter Evans Medical @ N2+ coz its already going south? Godd bless you all!

do not enter this stock yet as no one can predict the right entry point now and i can say that the stock would move on progressive sideways when going up unless speculation drives the market. The stock will be good for medium term when the downtrend finally ends.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by gosj(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
stockbull:

do not enter this stock yet as no one can predict the right entry point now and i can say that the stock would move on progressive sideways when going up unless speculation drives the market. The stock will be good for medium term when the downtrend finally ends.
Thanks a million Sir! I just read somewhere in Easykobo.com that their 2012 FYE report just released was a bad one as there was no corporate action.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Redoil: 7:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
K

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (7792) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agbalowomeri, ositadima1(m), lexy2lexy, Mfunkynation(m), Amaa2019(m), sterlingD(m), Mpeace(m), Willie2015 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.