Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,813 members, 7,844,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts - Investment (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts (11004314 Views)

Nigerian Stocks To Buy - 2024 Best Performing Stocks / Free Stock Market Pick Alert For All Investors Globally!!! / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (7794) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
pleep: Are you Talking about TDameritrade? Thats what i use also.

They dont deal with nigerian stocks, only the N.A and E.U indexss. The only positions i have are long BAC (bank of America) which is trading at 12.96 per share and KO (Coca-cola)

but the first rule of trading is to not take anyones advise

I am referring to Meristem Securities Ltd www.meritrade.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by chillykelly86(m): 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
fxisreal:

good to have the Afiprud am looking to enter at a good price if i see but what do u think about it liquidity because only 1b unit available to trade on d floor

Liquidity is usually a concern for people with large holdings in a company.

And I don't think the total number of shares a company has on float is the best measure of liquidity. Average daily volume is a better measure of liquidity.

For me(with my tashere change), an average daily volume of 300,000 units is liquid enough.

My candid advise for you will be to limit your holding in companies that are not liquid enough for you to a level that you can conveniently dispose should the need arise, even if that will amount to 0.5% of your portfolio. And most times, you will notice that when you do that, the stock will constitute an insignificant fraction of your portfolio and you won't need to lose sleep over it.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
Fmdipo:

I want to trade stocks that I will realize profit within three to six months

If I may ask, what is your target profit? 10%, 20% or ..... Another rule of trading is that you have to be reasonable, otherwise trading will turn to gambling.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Elai147: 3:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
mercylicious:

Its there in d site. Rsi is under technical indicator while bolinger is under price band.
Una suppose teach me charting ooo. Please send me any relevant material to mercylicious1@mtnnigeria.blackberry.com

Okay I will. There are some stocks that are not in their list of stocks under "Ticker Symbol". For example, Courtville and Portpaint are not among their stock list.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:10am On Jul 07, 2013
mercylicious:

Its there in d site. Rsi is under technical indicator while bolinger is under price band.
Una suppose teach me charting ooo. Please send me any relevant material to mercylicious1@mtnnigeria.blackberry.com
On one condition: e-kiss as reward.
BTW: But why na only Oga Hispylicious and Oracle the Hammerer dey enjoy this facility?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 12:12pm On Jul 07, 2013
Hispy99 !?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2013
SO 9FREE YOU AND TOLUWAY E.T.C DONT GO CHURCH TODAY? OR ARE YOU PEOPLE POSTING IN THE CHURCH ? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by bigx(m): 12:54pm On Jul 07, 2013
ihedioramma: SO 9FREE YOU AND TOLUWAY E.T.C DONT GO CHURCH TODAY? OR ARE YOU PEOPLE POSTING IN THE CHURCH ? grin grin
We'r muslims we went to mosque friday
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2013
frond:

If I may ask, what is your target profit? 10%, 20% or ..... Another rule of trading is that you have to be reasonable, otherwise trading will turn to gambling.

If I can make 100% within six months I will be very happy
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2013
ihedioramma: SO 9FREE YOU AND TOLUWAY E.T.C DONT GO CHURCH TODAY? OR ARE YOU PEOPLE POSTING IN THE CHURCH ? grin grin
My Oga, na Catholic I be oohh.... I don attend 6:00am Mass nah..
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2013
9free:
My Oga, na Catholic I be oohh.... I don attend 6:00am Mass nah..
TRUE? grin IF YES WHAT DID FATHER PREACH TODAY IN THE CHURCH? NA YOU BE OUR OGA O WHY YOU DEY CALL ME OGA NOW? HAVE U SE WERE TO INVEST UR SMALL MONEY?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 3:28pm On Jul 07, 2013
Fmdipo:

If I can make 100% happy
you want to play gambling with you ur money that is not invest . think of were u can live ur money in investment and sleep some times if u like and come back and get so many profit. if u want were u can invest and make profit in six months or in one month self go for nestle enter at #850 and sell at #1000 if u can or buy total oil if u can bout understand u are gambling that time what of u buy and the price go down? be investor not gambling.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2013
ihedioramma: you want to play gambling with you ur money that is not invest . think of were u can live ur money in investment and sleep some times if u like and come back and get so many profit. if u want were u can invest and make profit in six months or in one month self go for nestle enter at #850 and sell at #1000 if u can or buy total oil if u can bout understand u are gambling that time what of u buy and the price go down? be investor not gambling.

what %tage do you think I should look forward to make within six months?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:15pm On Jul 07, 2013
Fmdipo:

what %tage do you think I should look forward to make within six months?
Guy, this your question will obviously not get the answer or assurances you desire! The best anyone can do in answering your question is only to tell you of sound (Fundamentally or Technically) stock(s) which in many ways are 90percent subjective and 10percent objective. Nobody can beat his chest to claim he knows or even predict the direction of Mr. Market.
We have seen Fundamentally sound stock responding positively to GRAVITY while other overvalued stocks LAVITATE in prices.
My point here is that you do your home work and hope that Mr. Market favours your positions.
Too much analysis and recommendations can lead to paralysis so find a balance and take positions.
Happy Investing

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by soloniger(m): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2013
ihedioramma: you want to play gambling with you ur money that is not invest . think of were u can live ur money in investment and sleep some times if u like and come back and get so many profit. if u want were u can invest and make profit in six months or in one month self go for nestle enter at #850 and sell at #1000 if u can or buy total oil if u can bout understand u are gambling that time what of u buy and the price go down? be investor not gambling.

Any suggestions for the boys?
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 9:22pm On Jul 07, 2013
My picks for the week:
1. Skye Bank @sub N5.00
2. Mansard @sub N2.00
3. Diamond @ N6.20k

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:03am On Jul 08, 2013
fmdipo
Learn about stock trading b4 you attempt to start. Google and read.
Everybody in the world would like to make 100% in 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Toluway: 8:04am On Jul 08, 2013
fmdipo
Everybody in the world would like to make 100% profit 6 months.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by stockbull(m): 8:10am On Jul 08, 2013
quarterly results are at the door steps.trade with wizard like approach interpreting the collective sentiments of investors even when you have no idea of what's going on in order not to be caught unawares with nice movement.
The market or stocks will not move anyhow now if there're no causes.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by kalan: 9:06am On Jul 08, 2013
positive second quarter results is a good time to position for medium term profit.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Born2beRich1(m): 9:53am On Jul 08, 2013
Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. NSE market data now comes at a fee - Oscar Onyema angry

2. Japaul to Acquire Six Vessels to Boost Income

3. Oando Plc @050713 - to be or not to be?

4. Sterling Bank to enhance growth with fresh capital

5. Wema Bank gets data security certification

6. Banks’ Lending to Private Sector Swells by 0.5%

7. 13 Nigerian Banks in Top 1000 Global Ranking

Source; www.proshareng.com
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 10:01am On Jul 08, 2013
9free:
Guy, this your question will obviously not get the answer or assurances you desire! The best anyone can do in answering your question is only to tell you of sound (Fundamentally or Technically) stock(s) which in many ways are 90percent subjective and 10percent objective. Nobody can beat his chest to claim he knows or even predict the direction of Mr. Market.
We have seen Fundamentally sound stock responding positively to GRAVITY while other overvalued stocks LAVITATE in prices.
My point here is that you do your home work and hope that Mr. Market favours your positions.
Too much analysis and recommendations can lead to paralysis so find a balance and take positions.
Happy Investing

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2013
9free: My picks for the week:
1. Skye Bank @sub N5.00
2. Mansard @sub N2.00
3. Diamond @ N6.20k

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Fmdipo(m): 10:02am On Jul 08, 2013
Toluway: fmdipo
Everybody in the world would like to make 100% in 6 months.

Thanks
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by 9free(m): 10:14am On Jul 08, 2013
Born 2be Rich: Nigeria Stock Exchange:

1. NSE market data now comes at a fee - Oscar Onyema angry

2. Japaul to Acquire Six Vessels to Boost Income

3. Oando Plc @050713 - to be or not to be?

4. Sterling Bank to enhance growth with fresh capital

5. Wema Bank gets data security certification

6. Banks’ Lending to Private Sector Swells by 0.5%

7. 13 Nigerian Banks in Top 1000 Global Ranking

Source; www.proshareng.com

If only Jegede and his fat-belly management team would pass some of these extra income to shareholders.....
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 08, 2013
time to speculate on japaul now
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by otokx(m): 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
Even if Japaul acquire 60 vessels they will not get my attention.
Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by frond: 1:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
Fmdipo:

If I can make 100% within six months I will be very happy

That was the reason why I said you must be reasonable. Unfortunately, stock trading is not building materials market. Reasonable returns will be say max of 30% per six months, or say 15% per quarter. If you make more than that that is fine. But I think this % of return is a good start. Say for example you buy skye bank @ 5 and target 6 naira within 3 months. That is 20% excluding commission. This is doable and achievable. But 100% in 6 months is gambling. If you achieve this, it is just cheer luck and I promise you soon or later you will loose all your money. I will look at the stocks and let you know the ones that have the potential of price increase of 20% within the next three months.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by jamace(m): 2:00pm On Jul 08, 2013
otokx: Even if Japaul acquire 60 vessels they will not get my attention.
Make no stock your permanent enemy or friend. Your interest (which is to make profit) should be the only permanent thing. grin

Happy investing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts by ihedioramma: 2:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
soloniger:

Any suggestions for the boys?
I CAN ONLY GIVE OANDO OIL AND UBA for the week. do ur own home work befor buying any one of them .

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (7794) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lasisi(m), emmanuelewumi(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.