Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan (22533 Views)

Buhari's 'Loyalists': Eat Your Cake And Stop Criticizing Mr President!!! / I Won't Stop Criticizing Buhari – Fayose / Why Obasanjo Cant Be Arrested For Stealing $billions, Its 2 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by ebere1712: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2012
alj harem:

Lets compare the first 4 years of OBJ to the first four years of GEJ

1. OBJ dealt with Militancy while GEJ is still confused on what to do with BH

2. OBJ IS A LEADER, FIRM AND STRAIGHT FORWARD IN MAKING DECISIONS, WHILE Gej appears to be very confuse.

3. OBJ GSM, GEJ NOTHING

In as much as OBJ is a thief, I would still prefer OBJ to GEJ by far
OBJ allowed sharia in NIgeria
OBJ didn't have the guts to even confront any northern militancy at all.
Under OBJ boko haram was breeding
If killing of little kids and old men in a village is OBJ's solution to militancy then he is an ape.
OBJ gave away Nigerian territory without a fight (Bakassi).
OBJ started the privatisation saga that you dolts are blaming GEJ for.
OBJ achieved absolutely nothing in his 8 years of thievery.
Someone please go to ota farm and castrate baba ape, so he doesn't bedevil us with more imbeciles like him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by simdam500(m): 11:30pm On Dec 16, 2012
Naa dem knw o
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by emmatok(m): 11:45pm On Dec 16, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

No one is saying Gen. Abacha is a saint. All GenBuhari is saying is that he isn't as bad as the propaganda spread by OBJ made him look. From your points above:

1. Al-Mustafa and Rogers: This is a comment by lekanolas on nairaland -

[b]The facts before court should have exonerated Al-mustapha. Almost all the principal witnesses brought forward by the Lagos State government have openly confessed that they were financially induced to implicate Al-Mustapha.

Sgt Rogers openly wept in court in 2008 and begged Al-mustapha to forgive him for lying against him (Al-Mustapha). He told the court he was financially induced to implicate his former boss.

Another star witness, Mohammed Abdul, alias Katako, who was alleged to have driven Sgt Rogers to kill Kudirat, said he was in his village on the day late Alhaja kudirat was murdered and so could not have driven Rogers to kill her.

Again, Sofolahan who was sentenced along with Al- mustapha had before the ruling challenged anybody from the Abiola's family to come forward and testify that he worked for Alhaja Kudirat. The Lagos State government had repeatedly in its proof of evidence before the court referred to Sofolahan as Alhaja Kudirat's PA and that he was the one giving Al-Mustapha information about the movements of Alhaja.

Hear Sofolahan " At least somebody should come forward for over 12 years now to say yes, Alhaja has sent you to see me as a personal assistant or somebody should have approached the DPP telling her, he/she knows that i worked with Alhaja of blessed memory"[/b]
https://www.nairaland.com/859461/al-mustapha-innocent-fani-kayode

You can read Fani Kayode's stance regarding this case here:

WHY I AM NOT CELEBRATING AL-MUSTAPHA'S CONVICTION
http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/3618-why-i_m-not-celebrating-al-mustapha_s-conviction.html

Shocking.

2. The Swizz money: GenBuhari has already made points that seems to show that the money recovered might have been bogus. A scam used to damage Gen. Abacha's image.

3. Daniel Kalu's match in March: You can't blame Gen. Abacha for campaigning with a brilliant youth. Campaigning isn't a crime.

Good, you admitted Abacha is not a saint.But saying OBJ sponsored propaganda against Abacha is wrong, cos OBJ was jailed by thesame Abacha and never came out until Abacha died.

Al-Mustafa and Rojas were Abacha boys we aall know what they did to NADECO,and how Shoyinka escaped.

Daniel Kalu was a paid propagandist, his mission was to make Abacha regime look legitimate and acceptable to the world due to sanctions.

Please don't try spin history here.

I still remember that Abacha stove.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:09am On Dec 17, 2012
emmatok:

Good, you admitted Abacha is not a saint.But saying OBJ sponsored propaganda against Abacha is wrong, cos OBJ was jailed by thesame Abacha and never came out until Abacha died.

Al-Mustafa and Rojas were Abacha boys we aall know what they did to NADECO,and how Shoyinka escaped.

Daniel Kalu was a paid propagandist, his mission was to make Abacha regime look legitimate and acceptable to the world due to sanctions.

First of all, I didn't accuse OBJ. I am saying that I understand GenBuhari's line of reasoning. If you look at the facts he stated and the facts surrounding Al-mustapha's case, you will see they cohere to show something fishy went down.

Secondly, I said,"All GenBuhari is saying is that he isn't as bad as the propaganda spread by OBJ made him look". Note the propaganda spread against Gen. Abacha happened after he died. So it wasn't spread during the time OBJ was in jail.

Also GenBuhari pointed out that he believes IBB had something to do with it. So he believes that it's beyond just an OBJ attack on the image of Gen. Abacha. He believes soiling Gen. Abacha's name was a ploy to make IBB look clean or at least better to help him get into power.

As for Al-Mustapha and NADECO. I am not exonerating him for these cases. I am saying that I believe he was wrongly convicted for
KUDIRAT ABIOLA's MURDER.

As for Daniel Kalu, I said it was a campaign strategy. That can never be used as a reason why Gen. Abacha is bad. Is President Goodluck bad for using D'Banj to campaign? Or Kanayo O Kanayo?

So what I'm I trying to spin?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by djustice: 12:33am On Dec 17, 2012
Chima_Adeoye: So funny Obasanjo likes to criticize someone else.Yet , OBJ could not stand even constructive criticism in his time. Bola Ige, Pa Rewane are all in the grave today because OBJ couldn't stand being told the truth.

You and the six dimwits who clicked "like" on this stupid comment should be committed to a hospital for the demented. Pa Rewane? You're so eager to just malign Obasanjo, you're crediting a killing done by Abacha through James Ibori, your jailbird brother, to the greatest President Nigeria has had till date?

When are you going to learn that your stupid Pressident needs to get off his ass, stop drinking quite so much and face the business of running Nigeria, which includes stopping his henchmen and henchwomen from looting the treasury dry, as there doing so frenetically now

Tell Retardeen to buckle up, or it's not just Obasanjo he'll be dealing with. And in case you don't know, Obasanjo is actually his friend. His real enemies are the greedy buffoons he's surrounded himself with - Orubebe, Onomelem, Oghiadome, Anenih, Alison-Madueke, Aganga and the verbose Mr. Lamido Sanusi Lamido.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by djustice: 12:36am On Dec 17, 2012
GenBuhari: Abacha was one of the best visonary leaders we have ever had and contrary to Obj malicious propaganda about him, Abacha never looted.

You're a malnourished pig. Senseless mo ron.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by ebere1712: 4:17am On Dec 17, 2012
Obj is an ape and should only talk when apes are talking.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 17, 2012
@jp philips

Obj had 11years total and he could not even complete one power plant? :

[size=18pt]Nigeria's Obasanjo and the $16 Billion Power Scam[/size]

Frontline Catholic cleric and social critic, Rev. Fr. Matthew Hassan Kukah, perhaps, spoke the minds of millions of Nigerians when he said recently that former President Olusegun Obasanjo deserved to be formally tried for his alleged role in the squandering about $16 billion voted for resuscitating the near-dead power sector during his administration between 1999 and 2007. Kukah, a close family friend of the Obasanjos, was the Secretary to the National Political Reforms Conference (NPRC) initiated by the Obasanjo government in 2005.

This call, which is a challenge to the Goodluck Jonathan administration, could not have come at a more appropriate time, especially considering the President's recent assurance that his administration would go after those who looted the national treasury, no matter how highly placed they may be. But many Nigerians doubt if Dr. Jonathan will summon the will to bring his political benefactor to book.

Dr. Kukah, who also chided critics and civil society groups for not doing enough to ensure that Obasanjo is arraigned, said: "Obasanjo probably will never be the President of Nigeria again, but we should be concerned if Obasanjo deserves to go to prison. Vilifying him doesn't give us (electric) power; it also doesn't get us the criminals that have taken our money, wherever they are. I would have loved to have Obasanjo brought to trial, because then we would know the truth." Besides the scandal ravaging the power sector, which the former President directly supervised, the double standards of the Presidency, under him, in the many established cases of corrupt self-enrichment by key government functionaries during his tenure were mind-boggling.

After the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) unearthed a N56 billion fraud by the former Board of Directors of the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA), for example, Obasanjo failed to institute any process towards recovering the stolen amount and/or prosecuting the culprits, who were said to be his close political allies. Rather, some of those who served on that board were appointed to other boards subsequently. Before that scandal came to light, back in July 2002, Nigerians had been shocked when the then Attorney General and Minister of Justice, Mr. Godwin Kanu Agabi, filed a nolle prosequi (discontinuance of prosecution) on the day an Abuja High Court was scheduled to deliver judgment in a case of alleged embezzlement of N420 million by Dr. Julius Makanjuola, Obasanjo's relation and a Director at the Ministry of Defence.

And in 2006, Nigerians were similarly shell-shocked over the revelation of massive pillaging at the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) allegedly involving Obasanjo and his Deputy, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. This was to be followed by allegations of Obasanjo's involvements in the Transnational Corporation of Nigeria (Transcorp), which bought over Abuja's NICON Hilton Hotel, the Nigerian Telecommunications Limited (NITEL), and also acquired some oil blocks.

Fr. Kukah's recent call is timely. Nigerians continue till today to endure perennial darkness, with no real clue to the cause of the apparent intractability of the power sector's woes. It is disheartening, in this regard, that like the late President Umaru Yar'Adua, Dr. Jonathan has surrounded himself with some of the key figures that helped ex-President Obasanjo fail so dismally in service delivery. While we commend Jonathan over his appointment of Professor Bath Nnaji as Special Adviser on Power, it must be noted that Mr. Joseph Makoju, a seasoned professional, had held that same position under the Yar'Adua administration and also under the Obasanjo government. In addition, he was PHCN Managing Director for the better part of the latter administration. He ought to be facing intense interrogation over what happened to the alleged misappropriated $16 billion.

And, with discredited functionaries and contractors of the Obasanjo era still hovering around The Presidency and the PHCN, poised to snatch whatever fresh allocations go to the power sector, where is the guarantee that Nigeria will ever have improved electricity supply in the foreseeable future? While we urge the Federal Government to seek out individuals and organizations, locally and abroad, with proven track records in performance and integrity to revive the ailing sector, the issue of the mismanaged billions should not be treated as a 'family affair' of the ruling party. Nigeria's public funds must be accounted for.

Since the National Assembly Probe Committee on the Power scam was itself to be later dragged into the corruption quagmire, we call for a thorough investigation, by the EFCC, into the whereabouts of the vanished power allocations.

The former President, on his part, should cooperate fully with the investigators, in order to clear his name of the strong suspicions surrounding his administration's wasteful disbursement of the $16 billion power sector allocations. There should be no sacred cows, as he used to say while in office. Any preferential treatment of individuals will create the impression that the Nigerian government's commitment to the anti-corruption crusade, economic reform and transparent governance is cosmetic and insincere.

While sleaze in high places thrives, the ordinary citizens' quality of life has remained dismal, infrastructural facilities are decrepit, mass unemployment ravages the land, and poverty sentences the vast majority to a life of unrelieved misery.

jp philips:

did you ask yourself how long it takes to construct a power plant?? two years? one year? that jonathan has been in power??
if Obj's NIPP was a fraud, where did jonathan get the mega watts Nnaji was organising for him??

do you even know any NIPP site? pls dont always pride your block head everywhere.

obj financed and executed the NIPP in part before he left,
to prove you are not a block head, mention one power plant jonathan started and has commisioned from scratch, just one??

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 5:09am On Dec 17, 2012
Propaganda started after Abacha died it is widely suspected that he was poisoned by IBB with support with CIA for his refusal to take IMF loans. It is rumoured that IBB heard that Abach was plannning his arrest.

You mention Al-Mustapha and Rogers which implies you are accusing Abacha of murder Abiola's wife Kudirat, it would be illogical of Abacha to assassinate Kudirat after releasing her from custody just days earlier. Why would he need to assassinate her when he could have simply kept her in custody if she was making too much trouble for him? Why kill Kudirat and keep Abiola himself alive?

I believe that the same dark forces that eventually killed Abacha and Abiola were also responsible for Abiola's wife murder.

I believe that Al Mustapha may have betrayed Abacha and worked with IBB to arrange Abacha's poisoning, and for that reason, if Al-Mustapha was involved Kudirat Abiola's death, it was because he had become part of those dark forces that killed Abiola and Abacha.

Regarding NADECO (National Democratic Coalition ), I would have to just say that the fact that Abacha allowed NADECO to exist at all throuhout his reign should demonstrate he was not the tyrant or dictator he was made out to be.

Regarding Soyinka, he has spoken out about human rights but he seemed to to reserve most of his criticism for our 2 best leaders, Buhari and Abacha, whilst accepting appointments from corrupt Babangida. If he thinks Abacha was after him he should have gone and answered the charges.

emmatok:

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 5:31am On Dec 17, 2012
GenBuhari: Propaganda started after Abacha died it is widely suspected that he was poisoned by IBB with support with CIA for his refusal to take IMF loans. It is rumoured that IBB heard that Abach was plannning his arrest.

You mention Al-Mustapha and Rogers which implies you are accusing Abacha of murder Abiola's wife Kudirat, it would be illogical of Abacha to assassinate Kudirat after releasing her from custody just days earlier. Why would he need to assassinate her when he could have simply kept her in custody if she was making too much trouble for him? Why kill Kudirat and keep Abiola himself alive?

I believe that the same dark forces that eventually killed Abacha and Abiola were also responsible for Abiola's wife murder.

I believe that Al Mustapha may have betrayed Abacha and worked with IBB to arrange Abacha's poisoning, and for that reason, if Al-Mustapha was involved Kudirat Abiola's death, it was because he had become part of those dark forces that killed Abiola and Abacha.

Regarding NADECO (National Democratic Coalition ), I would have to just say that the fact that Abacha allowed NADECO to exist at all throuhout his reign should demonstrate he was not the tyrant or dictator he was made out to be.

Regarding Soyinka, he has spoken out about human rights but he seemed to to reserve most of his criticism for our 2 best leaders, Buhari and Abacha, whilst accepting appointments from corrupt Babangida. If he thinks Abacha was after him he should have gone and answered the charges.

I don't think Al-Mustapha had a hand in Gen. Abacha's death. I remember reading an account of Major Al-Mustapha about the death of Gen. Abacha. He said one of his Soldiers woke him up telling him that there is trouble with the C in C.

Al-Mustapha came out heavily armed, suspecting maybe a coup was taken place. Then the soldier told him that it isn't that kind of trouble.

If Al-Mustapha had a hand in the plan, he would have been expecting it.

Also throughout Al-Mustapha's trial and the Oputa Panel, he always proved his loyalty to the Abacha Family. I think Al-Mustapha's problem was that he was too loyal to Gen. Abacha. His loyalty made him a target of Gen. Abacha's enemies.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 17, 2012
@thegoodjoehunt,
Thanks for helping clarify my points about Abacha to some of those finding it difficult to understand.

Regarding Al-Mustapha's role in Abacha's death, most of what you mentioned in his defence was Al Mustapha's own version of events, he is hardly going to confess his role in Abacha's death.

My reasons for starting to suspect him was his role in effectively faciliating the hand over of power to Abdulsalami Abubakar (a relative of Babangida) in the immediate aftermath of Abacha's death. This spelt the beginning of Nigeria's spirrall back into massive corruption and decline.

Considering his role in facilitating Abdulsalami Abubakar's take over of Nigeria and consequently Babangida's and Obasanjo's return to power and influence, is it not interesting that Abubakar imprisoned him and none of these 3 influential people have made any effort to get him released from prison?

I suspect that Al-Mustapha has to die because he knows too many secrets about thier role in Abacha's ans Abiola's death.

To read more about my reasons for suspecting him go to my thread on the matter:

https://www.nairaland.com/986005/al-mustapha-hamzat-killed-abacha

thegoodjoehunt:

I don't think Al-Mustapha had a hand in Gen. Abacha's death. I remember reading an account of Major Al-Mustapha about the death of Gen. Abacha. He said one of his Soldiers woke him up telling him that there is trouble with the C in C.

Al-Mustapha came out heavily armed, suspecting maybe a coup was taken place. Then the soldier told him that it isn't that kind of trouble.

If Al-Mustapha had a hand in the plan, he would have been expecting it.

Also throughout Al-Mustapha's trial and the Oputa Panel, he always proved his loyalty to the Abacha Family. I think Al-Mustapha's problem was that he was too loyal to Gen. Abacha.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 6:05am On Dec 17, 2012
GenBuhari: @thegoodjoehunt,
Thanks for helping clarify my points about Abacha to some of those finding it difficult to understand.

Regarding Al-Mustapha's role in Abacha's death, most of what you mentioned in his defence was Al Mustapha's own version of events, he is hardly going to confess his role in Abacha's death.

My reasons for starting to suspect him was his role in effectively faciliating the hand over of power to Abdulsalami Abubakar (a relative of Babangida) in the immediate aftermath of Abacha's death. This spelt the beginning of Nigeria's spirrall back into massive corruption and decline.

To read more about my reasons for suspecting him go to my thread on the matter:

https://www.nairaland.com/986005/al-mustapha-hamzat-killed-abacha

It's a tough idea but I still believe the account of Al-Mustapha coming out with arms thinking it was an ongoing coup. I think he had no idea what was going on.

Concerning him calling IBB. Al-Mustapha has worked with IBB before and must have made a quick decision who he wanted to put in power. He also must have thought how he was going to hand the power to Gen. Abdulsalami without creating chaos in the nation.

I remember in that article, he said he didn't trust any member of the PROVISIONAL RULING COUNCIL (P.R.C). He believed Gen. Abdulsalami was the best among the bunch. I believe Gen. Abacha and Major Al-Mustapha must have discussed the P.R.C Members before and he knew that Gen. Abdulsalami will be the best for peace to reign.

So he had to use IBB, who the P.R.C members respect to impose Gen. Abdulsalami as the President.

By the way, if you look at the list of Gen. Abacha's P.R.C members, they were all greedy and power hungry people. Any other person would have created a very deadly cycle to the nation.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 17, 2012
Al-Mustapha must have known that Abacha was estranged from IBB, he could have called Jeremiah Useni who was closest to Abacha i govt, but instead he invited everybody including Abdulsalami before Useni.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by emmatok(m): 8:15am On Dec 17, 2012
[quote author=thegoodjoehunt]

First of all, I didn't accuse OBJ. I am saying that I understand GenBuhari's line of reasoning. If you look at the facts he stated and the facts surrounding Al-mustapha's case, you will see they cohere to show something fishy went down.

Secondly, I said,"All GenBuhari is saying is that he isn't as bad as the propaganda spread by OBJ made him look". Note the propaganda spread against Gen. Abacha happened after he died. So it wasn't spread during the time OBJ was in jail.

Also GenBuhari pointed out that he believes IBB had something to do with it. So he believes that it's beyond just an OBJ attack on the image of Gen. Abacha. He believes soiling Gen. Abacha's name was a ploy to make IBB look clean or at least better to help him get into power.

As for Al-Mustapha and NADECO. I am not exonerating him for these cases. I am saying that I believe he was wrongly convicted for
KUDIRAT ABIOLA's MURDER.

As for Daniel Kalu, I said it was a campaign strategy. That can never be used as a reason why Gen. Abacha is bad. Is President Goodluck bad for using D'Banj to campaign? Or Kanayo O Kanayo?

So what I'm I trying to spin?
[/quote

Sorry the bad news about Abacha Government was around during Abacha regime it has nothing to do with OBJ.
Kudirat was not the only person killed during that regime.
Concerning Kalu, my question is who is he campaigning for? Can you give us.the name of the political party Abacha belongs to.
So why compare him to Dbang.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:57am On Dec 17, 2012
GenBuhari: Al-Mustapha must have known that Abacha was estranged from IBB, he could have called Jeremiah Useni who was closest to Abacha i govt, but instead he invited everybody including Abdulsalami before Useni.

Jeremiah Useni was clearly not trusted by Al-Mustapha. Al-Mustapha must have even suspected him for the death of Gen. Abacha. I think I read that the hoo.kers from India were brought in by Jeremiah Useni.

So there is no way Al-Mustapha would have handed over to Jeremiah Useni. He actually was seen as more greedy and power hungry than Gen. Abdulsalami.

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:02am On Dec 17, 2012
emmatok:

Daniel Kalu was an orator and the Youth Earnestly Ask For Abacha (YEAA) was used as a medium to convince Nigerians that Gen. Abacha was the right choice. Like it or not In 1997, he finally allowed only 5 political parties to be registered. Immediately, they ALL chose him as their presidential candidate!

So he belonged to polical parties and Daniel Kalu was campaigning for him. D'Banj also campaigned for President Goodluck.

There was nothing wrong with Daniel Kalu campaigning for the General. That is just politics.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by stantob(m): 10:55am On Dec 17, 2012
G.E.J is just a Boy. OBI IS A BOY.HE IS AN OBI.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by emmatok(m): 12:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

Daniel Kalu was an orator and the Youth Earnestly Ask For Abacha (YEAA) was used as a medium to convince Nigerians that Gen. Abacha was the right choice. Like it or not In 1997, he finally allowed only 5 political parties to be registered. Immediately, they ALL chose him as their presidential candidate!

So he belonged to polical parties and Daniel Kalu was campaigning for him. D'Banj also campaigned for President Goodluck.

There was nothing wrong with Daniel Kalu campaigning for the General. That is just politics.

Since you agreed that Kalu campaigned for Abacha.
Tell us what party Abacha belong to.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2012
emmatok:

I said, " Daniel Kalu was an orator and the Youth Earnestly Ask For Abacha (YEAA) was used as a medium to convince Nigerians that Gen. Abacha was the right choice". So what do you mean by which party.

With his candidacy still undeclared, Gen. Sani Abacha apparently ensured a victory at presidential polls set for Aug. 1 by winning the nomination of the fifth of five government-sanctioned political parties. The Grassroots Democratic Movement chose him in a vote in the northeastern town of Maiduguri.
SOURCE: http://articles.latimes.com/1998/apr/21/news/mn-41579

By the way, you don't need to be in a political party to start a campaign. A campaign can be started to share your views. It must not be under a political umbrella.

Finally list of Political parties under Gen. Abacha:

Committee for National Consensus (CNC)
Democratic Party of Nigeria (DPN)
Grassroots Democratic Movement (GDM)
National Centre Party of Nigeria (NCPN)
United Nigeria Congress Party (UNCP)
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2012
emmatok:

Please what is the point you are trying to make with this Daniel Kalu issue.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by nkemKalu: 12:40pm On Dec 17, 2012
Gbawe: Nigerians, nothing will change if we do not begin to think critically.

The same OBJ who, whenever the chance fell in his laps, always went out of his way to support abjectly mediocre men to lead Nigeria in the form of Shagari, Yar Adua and now GEJ? How can anyone speak in support of this evil and malevolent hypocrite? Nigeria is going nowhere as long as young people don't develop the balls to 'seize the day' and tell traitors and treacherous men like OBJ, Anenih, IBB et al to go to blazes.

Where else in the world will OBJ's actions be accommodated? The man should be put in a dark dungeon permanently for supporting so many vacuous and brainless looters everywhere who have ruined Nigeria at critical stages in our development. Never has OBJ supported a performer while out of office. Not a fan of GEJ but this malevolent former President should shut up.

If I am to think of 5 individuals who have done the greatest damage to Nigeria since independence, OBJ would be very prominent in that list. He fully supported many corrupt and inept individuals, including GEJ, to gain power knowing the misrule Nigeria will suffer under those men. He should now spare us this show of hypocrisy. The egotistical and eternally vengeful man is only ever concerned about his image and looking good. Nonsense.
I AGREE WITH U 100%..........OBASANJO FOR HIS PERSONAL INTERESTS WILL ALWAYS CHOOSE THE POOREST BRAIN TO LEAD A CLASS OF ENLIGHTEN PEOPLE LIKE NIGERIANS SO THAT PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS SAY HE IS BETTER. AT THE END OF THE DAY HE IS THE WORST EVIL NIGERIA HAS EVER PRODUCED.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2012
You are assuming the hook.er theory is true. however both Al Mustapha and Useni said their were no hook.ers

Again remember you are only focussing on Al Mustapha's version of events.

Don't you ponder the reason the same Abdulsalami Abubakar that Al Mustapha assisted to gain power, should jail him a few months afterwards for the murder of Kudirat Abiola that occured 2 years previously?

I think that Al Mustapha must have been bribed with promises of wealth or something to assist IBB / Abdulsalami gain power and when they had power they had no intention of fulfilling their promise to him so the locked him up in case he decided to tell all.

thegoodjoehunt:

Jeremiah Useni was clearly not trusted by Al-Mustapha. Al-Mustapha must have even suspected him for the death of Gen. Abacha. I think I read that the hoo.kers from India were brought in by Jeremiah Useni.

So there is no way Al-Mustapha would have handed over to Jeremiah Useni. He actually was seen as more greedy and power hungry than Gen. Abdulsalami.

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:57pm On Dec 17, 2012
GenBuhari: You are assuming the hook.er theory is true. however both Al Mustapha and Useni said their were no hook.ers

Again remember you are only focussing on Al Mustapha's version of events.

Don't you ponder the reason the same Abdulsalami Abubakar that Al Mustapha assisted to gain power, should jail him a few months afterwards for the murder of Kudirat Abiola that occured 2 years previously?

I think that Al Mustapha must have been bribed with promises of wealth or something to assist IBB / Abdulsalami gain power and when they had power they had no intention of fulfilling their promise to him so the locked him up in case he decided to tell all.

Major Al-Mustapha is too smart and Loyal to fall for offers of riches. I believe he knew he would be arrested but he believed the country will be in better hands of Gen. Abdulsalami than any other member of the P.R.C.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 17, 2012
alj harem:

Lets compare the first 4 years of OBJ to the first four years of GEJ

1. OBJ dealt with Militancy while GEJ is still confused on what to do with BH

2. OBJ IS A LEADER, FIRM AND STRAIGHT FORWARD IN MAKING DECISIONS, WHILE Gej appears to be very confuse.

3. OBJ GSM, GEJ NOTHING

In as much as OBJ is a thief, I would still prefer OBJ to GEJ by far
I cant imagine that any sane person will give OBJ credit for GSM. Can someone explain to us how OBJ created GSM? Did he invent the GSM technology? Did he run a GSM company or what? Why not we also give OBJ credit for the latest model cars that ply our roads and DSTV? Silly fools. GSM was a new telecommunication technology that simply walked into Nigeria like it did in other countries. Even if a goat was the president then, GSM will still have entered Nigeria. All the govt had to do was to issue licence and collect MONEY. Even a goat or primary one pupil can sign documents and collect money.
The ignoramus also claimed OBJ stopped Niger delta militancy? How stupid can someone be? Who then was the amnesty launched by Yar Adua and sustained by GEJ meant for? May be for ignoramuses like you?
In conclusion, your OBJ spent 8 SOLID YEARS in office. If he had been done well, GEJ would have inherited a better country. Why didn't your OBJ solve must of the problems you lament over and for which you want to CRUCIFY GEJ today, in 8yrs?
Anyway, GEJ has spent less than 2yrs in office. When he finishes his own solid 8yrs, you can compare him with OBJ.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by lagcity(m): 8:21pm On Dec 17, 2012
OBJ has always been a critic, he also criticized Abacha, so na who be GEJ? This govt needs some criticisms else they will fvck up even more than they have already. Someone needs to hold GEJ and David Mark's feet to the fire. grin
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
Well said smiley

It is a glaring sign that Obj achieved nothing in 8years between 1999-2007 , that all his supporters can say is to try and say he gave us gsm.

Even that is not true, it was in fact Abacha who awarded the first GSM contract.

Sincere 9gerian:
I cant imagine that any sane person will give OBJ credit for GSM. Can someone explain to us how OBJ created GSM? Did he invent the GSM technology? Did he run a GSM company or what? Why not we also give OBJ credit for the latest model cars that ply our roads and DSTV? Silly fools. GSM was a new telecommunication technology that simply walked into Nigeria like it did in other countries. Even if a goat was the president then, GSM will still have entered Nigeria. All the govt had to do was to issue licence and collect MONEY. Even a goat or primary one pupil can sign documents and collect money.
The ignoramus also claimed OBJ stopped Niger delta militancy? How stupid can someone be? Who then was the amnesty launched by Yar Adua and sustained by GEJ meant for? May be for ignoramuses like you?
In conclusion, your OBJ spent 8 SOLID YEARS in office. If he had been done well, GEJ would have inherited a better country. Why didn't your OBJ solve must of the problems you lament over and for which you want to CRUCIFY GEJ today, in 8yrs?
Anyway, GEJ has spent less than 2yrs in office. When he finishes his own solid 8yrs, you can compare him with OBJ.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by redsun(m): 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2012
Nigerians will even give a president that embark on national sanitation drive credit for being faithful,dutiful,loyal and ingenius,because they lack the common sense to know that sanitation is a key life feature that all responsible humans must adhere to.To them it is rocket science to do the right thing.

They forgot that the concept of phone was invented in the 19th century by suppose human beings like them,yet being able to buy,sell,connect and use telephone to them is great achivements and endeavours in the 21st century.Even at that,they still dont know how phones work,that is why they cant make it as a people.They dont know how anything works.
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by emmatok(m): 12:40am On Dec 18, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

Lol, GSM technology has been in Nigeria under NITEL, but OBJ deregulated the telecommunication industry allowing the like of GLO,MTN and other CDMA operators compete with NITEL.
Thesame deregulation GEJ is fighting for oin the OiL and Gas sector.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by anulaxad(m): 8:18am On Dec 18, 2012
thegoodjoehunt:

No one is saying Gen. Abacha is a saint. All GenBuhari is saying is that he isn't as bad as the propaganda spread by OBJ made him look. From your points above:

1. Al-Mustafa and Rogers: This is a comment by lekanolas on nairaland -

[b]The facts before court should have exonerated Al-mustapha. Almost all the principal witnesses brought forward by the Lagos State government have openly confessed that they were financially induced to implicate Al-Mustapha.

Sgt Rogers openly wept in court in 2008 and begged Al-mustapha to forgive him for lying against him (Al-Mustapha). He told the court he was financially induced to implicate his former boss.

Another star witness, Mohammed Abdul, alias Katako, who was alleged to have driven Sgt Rogers to kill Kudirat, said he was in his village on the day late Alhaja kudirat was murdered and so could not have driven Rogers to kill her.

Again, Sofolahan who was sentenced along with Al- mustapha had before the ruling challenged anybody from the Abiola's family to come forward and testify that he worked for Alhaja Kudirat. The Lagos State government had repeatedly in its proof of evidence before the court referred to Sofolahan as Alhaja Kudirat's PA and that he was the one giving Al-Mustapha information about the movements of Alhaja.

Hear Sofolahan " At least somebody should come forward for over 12 years now to say yes, Alhaja has sent you to see me as a personal assistant or somebody should have approached the DPP telling her, he/she knows that i worked with Alhaja of blessed memory"[/b]
https://www.nairaland.com/859461/al-mustapha-innocent-fani-kayode

You can read Fani Kayode's stance regarding this case here:

WHY I AM NOT CELEBRATING AL-MUSTAPHA'S CONVICTION
http://premiumtimesng.com/opinion/3618-why-i_m-not-celebrating-al-mustapha_s-conviction.html

Shocking.

2. The Swizz money: GenBuhari has already made points that seems to show that the money recovered might have been bogus. A scam used to damage Gen. Abacha's image.

3. Daniel Kalu's march in March: You can't blame Gen. Abacha for campaigning with a brilliant youth. Campaigning isn't a crime.

you are what you call a bumsucker you lie and offend people just to impress someone genbuhari this man stole he was the first black billionaire in the world he killed thousands of people and put us in devastaTION mode he took all Nigerians pride to stand up and fight for themselves he took every Nigerians hope he made them scared to protest AND SO YOU STAND AND TALK SH IT BECAUSE GENBUHARI IS MESSED UP LIKE HE FOUNDING FOR FOREFATHERS BUT DON'T LET ME INSULT HOW DARE YOU TALK LIKE THIS PEOPLE SUFFERED THERE'S VIDEOS THERE'S RECORDINGS AND THERE'S EVEN PICTURES OF HIM 'GENOICIDING' SO THINK BEFORE YOU TALK cry cry cry cry cry cry cry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by anulaxad(m): 8:22am On Dec 18, 2012
djustice:

You're a malnourished pig. Senseless mo ron.
THANK YOU THIS IS A MAN WHO DESTROYED NIGERIA IBB AND OBJ SAVED NIGERIA THIS THE MAN THAT KILLED OUR OFFICIAL PRESIDENT MKO WHY ARE YOU SO BLEAK HEARTED HE RULED FOR FIVE YEARS AND WHAT LEGACY THOSE HE LEAVE FORTHE PEOPLE EVEILNESS GREED AND LOW CONFINDENCE angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by anulaxad(m): 8:28am On Dec 18, 2012
GenBuhari: Well said smiley

It is a glaring sign that Obj achieved nothing in 8years between 1999-2007 , that all his supporters can say is to try and say he gave us gsm.

Even that is not true, it was in fact Abacha who awarded the first GSM contract.

EXCUSE ME WHILE ABCHA SUFFERED PEOPLE IN FIVE YEARS WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE BAST ARD GET OF THIS THREAD BEFORE YOU REALLY PISS ME OFF

OBJ RESTORED NIGERIA TO THE WAY IT WAS HE DEALT WITH ALL THE FOOLS WHO WERE PARODING SANI ABACHA YOU A person YOU WILL GO HELL TO SEE YOUR GAY FATHER SANI ABACHA YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON WHO I HATE IN THE WORLD GOD KNOWS IF I SEE YOU I WILL DESTROY YOU BAST ARD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3aFc4VrV-94

WATCH THIS VIDEO ITS THE STORY OF NIGERIA AND NOT YOUR FAKE WRITTEN NEWSPAPERS GENBUHARI MY ASS sad sad sad sad sad sad sad angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2012
[size=18pt] The Nigerian Disaster Called Obasanjo [/size]
Posted: October 17, 2010 - 18:22

http://saharareporters.com/report/nigerian-disaster-called-obasanjo-0

Obasanjo was a total failure in office the second time around from May 29, 1999, and did not deserve to come back in 2003, so he embarked on the greatest electoral fraud perhaps any country in the world had ever experienced.

The rigging was monumental, audacious, vicious and unprecedented and yet it was uncalled for and totally unnecessary because he would still have won the election anyway, he had no competition in the field. As a ruler, he punished us with lack of electricity, pot-hole infested unmotorable highways, worthless currency, dry water taps, hunger, massive unemployment, regularly closed schools, criminally charged environment, and primitive living conditions.

He made a lot of palaver about anti-corruption but there was the issue of the endless estacodes he garnered from travels around the world virtually every week, in a self-approved N9.3 billion jet, to enjoy civilized quality of life abroad, brought about in those countries by conscientious, dedicated, caring and focused leaderships. Yes, Obasanjo shelled out N9.3 billion (US $72 million), for his new power toy, a Boeing Business Jet 737-800 series for exclusive use, bringing to six, at the last count, the number of aircraft in the presidential fleet. In other words, our President had six assorted deluxe jets, while the US Air Force had only two aircraft available for the use of the US President. Whichever of the two the US President flew in, was designated Air Force One for that moment. Britain’s Tony Blair proudly flew with the British Airways.

[img]http://3.bp..com/-Kf1ZTlxIqhU/T9YSUVguqhI/AAAAAAAACjQ/pxK39WPIIbw/s1600/obj.jpg[/img]

President Obasanjo loved chasing after shadows and he was too pre-occupied with day-to-day partisan party issues. He did not know when to separate being a statesman from being a party man. He went around the world regularly visiting other heads of states without learning anything from them. Obasanjo thought he was a PDP President. He did not know that once he had been elected into office, the PDP became a discrete issue in his portfolio and he became President of Nigeria and father for all. I think this was one of the most serious problems we had with Obasanjo. He boasted all the time about being a PDP, and attended their mundane activities, as if he was an ordinary rank and file member.

He was so involved in his party affairs that he succeeded in turning his party into a personal instrument of vendetta, and single-handedly took all its major decisions, as he tried to do on the government level for the entire country. He jettisoned his party’s constitution; settled for non-elective rather than elective congresses and appointments into party positions, and alienated all the elders and founders of the party, and drove them into opposition parties. His Ministers also boasted about being party Ministers. I was shocked in 2005 when Ogunlewe, his onetime Minister for Works and Housing, told journalists that he was a PDP Minister.

One of the most serious problems that plagued us as a people during Obasanjo’s second time in power was his disdain for the rule of law, and in particular, the laws of the land. A president who would not obey his own laws, forfeits moral grounds to enforce such laws? That was the main reason for the general increase in lawlessness in our society during Obasanjo’s civilian leadership. Obasanjo introduced a vicious criminal streak that destroyed the moral fabric of our society. He actually worshiped criminality in a most unbecoming and disturbing manner. Court decisions taken against him or his regime were ignored.

For example, his holding on to huge funds legally due to Lagos State Councils was against the advice of two courts of the land, including the Supreme Court. His disrespect for court decisions became so frustrating that lawyers in the country had to go on strike by boycotting court sessions for a couple of days in March 2006, to protest against Obasanjo’s high-handedness. And in a speech on May 31, 2006, the retiring Chief Justice of the Federation, Justice Muhammed Uwais, described government’s disregard of Court judgments as, “evidence of bad government.”

Obasanjo encouraged his lieutenants to ignore the laws and provided cover for them after the act. People who had access to Obasanjo took our laws into their own hands. They even went to him to share crooked banters because they assumed he loved listening to rogues and fraudsters, and would offer encouragement. To massage his ego, they told him he was the messiah Nigeria had been waiting for. He got carried away; patted the sycophants on the back, and gave them assignments on behalf of his party and government.

The President told the world in late 2003 that Chris Uba and Governor Chris Ngige confessed before him that the elections in Anambra state in 2003 were rigged. He said this without a sting of conscience or moral qualm. In fact, with his connivance and support, Chris Uba used the Federal police to abduct Governor Ngige because Ngige reneged on his promise to deliver substantial amount regularly from the state coffers to his political godfather, Chris Uba. When that strategy failed, Uba unleashed mayhem on the state with hired thugs hailed by police officers, burning cars and public buildings, including the state governor’s premises. When the efforts failed to remove the governor from office, or make the state ungovernable so as to get a chance to declare a state of emergency, Obasanjo awarded oil block to Chris Uba, and Obasanjo’s PDP sacked the governor from their party (the PDP), and promoted Chris Uba to the PDP’s trusteeship board. Uba was a PDP hero. In other words, you could be the worst criminal in the world, if you joined the PDP you were covered, as long as you were sharing your loot with the party.

On the other hand, Ngige’s name appeared to be too short for words, (he is short physically too). Imagine signing his own death warrant in broad daylight without undue duress, and having the effrontery later on to point accusing fingers. People lacking in self-honour and principles should not be allowed to rubbish our cherished values. Despite this, a coup is a coup, whether civilian or military, and Uba’s lawlessness in Anambra state should have been visited with the due process of the law.

Obasanjo replicated the Anambra state saga in Oyo state where an illiterate political godfather to Rashidi Ladoja, the governor of the state, was insisting on sharing the purported state’s security vote of N65 million monthly with the governor. The governor was playing footsie on the matter so, the national chairman of the governor’s political party, the PDP, Dr. Ahmed Ali, advised the governor to respect the wish of his godfather, and play the politics of his state, (or Ibadan politics as he put it). The party chairman, who himself was an aberration, because the president short-circuited his party’s constitutional provisions to plant him in the chairmanship position, was actually telling the governor to play ball and not be a fool.

Impeachment of the governor required two-thirds of the 32 members of the State House of Assembly to succeed, so the godfather’s 18 members in the house suspended their 14 members supporting the governor, and with the open backing of the Federal government, the Federal police prevented the 14 suspended members from attending the kangaroo assembly at which the 18 claimed to have impeached the governor. Obasanjo did not have sleepless nights over the matter. If anything, he and his party felt fulfilled that the new governor they had installed was dancing to the tune of the godfather. It was possible that the new governor was sharing his security vote with the godfather who in turn shared it with party members, to the satisfaction of the President and his PDP. The illiterate godfather nominated 90% of the state’s new commissioners and planted his crony, another stark illiterate, as the new Deputy-Governor.

Obasanjo sent Federal police to protect the illegal governor in office, and to tear-gas and arrest leaders of trade union and human rights groups, protesting against the illegality. The same way he tear–gassed, humiliated, and arrested our mothers, peacefully demonstrating solidarity with parents who had lost their children in an air-crash a few weeks earlier. Of course, governor Ladoja went to court, but that did not worry those who plotted the coup against him, because going by Nigerian courts’ traditions, the matter could drag until the end of tenure of the illegal regime in May 2007.

Obasanjo condoned his party’s fraudulent activities in Anambra and Oyo states but railed against his imagined Lagos state illegitimacy. In 2003, INEC (the Independent National Electoral Commission), posted false report on its Internet website some days before the actual gubernatorial election took place, giving victory in Lagos state to Obasanjo’s party. No one ever heard Obasanjo comment on that, or on the PDP’s well known rigged elections across Nigeria in 2003, that put him in power. Peter Obi of APGA’s stolen mandate, as the elected Governor of Anambra State, was restored in court, some three years into the illegal occupation of the position by Ngige of the PDP.

In the Delta State, rigging by the president’s party showed that all registered voters came out to vote, whereas voting did not take place in most areas of the state. The court ruled in Buhari’s case against Obasanjo, that the PDP massively rigged Obasanjo’s home state, Ogun, in 2003. Obasanjo not only rigged to claim that all registered voters in Ogun State voted during the 2003 elections, he added 600,000 fictitious votes of his own, to exceed the list of registered voters.

At a meeting with the South-West caucus of his party, the PDP, during a visit to Ogun state in early February 2006, Obasanjo said: “The person who rigged the elections in Lagos State came to me. You know I am a man of my words. It was in the presence of Bode George. The person prostrated and begged me. He confessed that he was the one who falsified the results of Lagos state. I told him God allowed it; otherwise, he would have been attacked by leprosy.”

Now what kind of future is there if the president of an aspiring democracy, openly, proudly, and confidently, admits that he condones electoral fraud? Why would anyone go to the president to prostrate and beg him on anything if the person wasn’t after some favours? The president did not contest election against the governor of Lagos state directly; therefore, such flippant talk should have been reserved for the PDP’s secretariat. But knowing that the president was gullible and would gladly embrace riggers of elections, the tale-bearer went confidently to the seat of power, convinced of a hearing, and a place in the future election plans of the president.

The president did not hand the fraudster over to the Police or INEC because apparently the ‘expert rigger of elections in Lagos state’ was God-sent. As a result, Obasanjo assured his February 2006 Ogun state audience, that Lagos state was already as good as won by the PDP in 2007. In fact, he had publicly given similar assurance before. That was while he was attending a rally in Central Lagos in 2005. He said then that the PDP would ‘capture’ Lagos in 2007. ‘Capture’ is a very strong word to use. It is a language of war, inappropriate in a family, or the Nigerian union context, but he was not joking. He was seeing the opposition parties as enemies.

He told his February, 2006, Ogun state audience: “We don’t want our enemies to surprise us but we have to surprise them so that by the time they open their eyes, they will discover that they are blind.” The president spoke of enemies as if he was at war with another country. He was supposed to be a father to all, but kept boasting instead of his rigging prowess, and confessing to aiding and abetting electoral fraud, (by the time they open their eyes), which obviously is a worst crime than converting state coffers into personal use, because rigged elections could lead to state disintegration.

To crush his enemies across the country, Obasanjo planted his cronies everywhere. He really did not have friends as such. If he could not use you, his parley-parley with you ended. Most people working with the president were compromised one way or the other. To compromise National Assembly members, the allegation is that he dangled lucrative contracts, oil bloc allocations, which they could sell to third parties, cash bribes, and other pecks. Compromise produced cobwebs in their cupboards, which he used to intimidate and coerce them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To President Goodluck Jonathan! / Nigerian Army Noticeably Absent In Town Taken From Boko Haram-new York Times / Saraki, Oyinlola, Obasanjo, Others In Closed-Door Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.