Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". (3607 Views)

The Republic Of Ireland Says “yes” To Same-sex Marriage Through A Popular Vote / History Of Tribal Marks ( Yoruba Perspective) + pictures / Hierarchy Of Needs And Values - Cultural Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". by PointB: 11:04am On Dec 18, 2012
pazienza: @pointB Your stance on this matter reeks of hypocrisy. There are many laws given to the hebrews by moses,most of these laws are obsolete,they served the hebrews of biblical era,but can't serve us in this our era,so they were abandoned. Why should you go and pick one of these laws and use it to support your bigotry, it's all or nothing,if you know that you can't keep all the moses laws,then stop picking and choosing.

I disagree with you. I am looking at it purely from the religious angle. I understand there is a social and political side to the issue. But that is not my concern at the moment. I think the hypocrisy allegation should be directed to the clergy who despite what the Bible say decides to look the other way. In any case, I also don't agree that that aspect of Biblical teaching should be consigned to the past era, and you certainly cannot accuse me of picking and choosing, because one of the verses I referenced is of the new testament.

Besides in my first submission, I made it very clear that the State and Religious are separate entity and must not be confused as one. The state reserves the rights to make laws to govern the people no matter how absurd and immoral such laws may be. However, it is the duty of the Church to preach the world of God as written in the Bible, without pandering to the State or their selfish interest.
Re: My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". by pazienza(m): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2012
fellis:

This your question na wa. Where did I suggest such a thing? I wasn't talking about activities that don't lead to procreation, I was talking about being sex.ually attracted to members of the same sex.
In one of your posts,you seem to be suggesting that homosexuality is an anomaly cos,according to you it has the capacity to cause the extinction of species, no?
Re: My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". by lawani: 5:08pm On May 23, 2020
The reason for a state registering a marriage should be because it will potentially bring children.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sub-tribalism(clanship) In South-east Nigeria / Finding Nigerian Roots / Is Igbo Language A Dying Language?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.