Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,877 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? (9810 Views)

Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by aryzgreat: 1:08pm On Dec 21, 2012
tintingz: ''5. When the Taraba governors air crash was announced many of the ignorant here on NL believed he was a Muslim and promptly rolled out the drums to celebrate. There excitement was cut short when it was confirmed that he was not of the Muslim faith''. - nagoma

grin true talk here. . .some nairalanders are hypocrites grin

Support ur assertion with a link. On the contrary muslims were the ones rejoicing simply because they see it as an opportunity for a muslim deputy to take over just as they did when yakowa died. Taraba has always been ruled by xtians just like plateau. Rmbr Jolly Nyame was even a Reverend.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by igbeke: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
BetaThings: As regards Yaradua, the less said the better. A lot of people had prayed for the hastening of his death well before he died
dat may be true but certainly not under d umbrella of christianity.
most christians actually put his recovery b4 GOD in prayers, regardless d fact dat he was a muslim. my church is a gud example of such.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by iykemyke: 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
OYINBOGOJU: Islam was founded on a solid rock of violence.

Part of criteria to be a muslim is to be violent.

Misfortune anywhere anyhow bring great satisfaction to them.

islam was spread by conquering and forcing then to believe in mohammeds personal ideas which later turned out to be islam.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by franchizy(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
Tell me in a country where the christians ve turned the Blessings of God to a curse, why shouldn't there be misery and corruption. When they have dethroned God for materialistic pursuits, how can there be deep seated happiness, when they have continued to bite the finger that is feeding them, how can they see peace.
I think all the christians needs is to ressuciate themselves, wall themselves with the fear of God, only then they will see the Blessings of God come true in there lives
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by iykemyke: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

Wow! I need you to teach me about this "Islam" that you know O. The one I know is the opposite.

go to history and find out lets not go far. How did usman dan fodio spread islam in northern nigeria? Is it not by fighting and subdueing the conquered to accept islam. That is how islam ispread world over. did mohammed not conquere medina

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2012
@Seun Osewa. seriously watch it. I advice you to stop these religious bigots from using this forum as a means of expressing their myopic and biased view. A thread like this should never make front page.

Do not allow people with very low intelligence to turn your forum into a means to express religious fanaticism and tribal sentiment that further widens the gulf that already divides us.

Beware lest this forum become forgotten like One-box. A word is enough for the wise!

4 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by salt1: 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2012
I don't begrudge Muslims their desire to defend their faith but must the defence be hinged on a comparison with Christianity?
Muslims celebrate the death of Yakowa but instead of calling his brothers to order, he opens a thread showing that so-called xtians (some who are professed atheists) also rejoiced at Muslim misfortunes.
BH strikes and the defence is that several centuries ago, xtians also carried out crusades.
Some Muslims misbehave and they are defended by fellow Muslims who compare their conduct with xtians
Does Islam borrow its morality from xtianity? Women wearing hijab is compared to Catholic nuns without the proviso that one is voluntary while the other is mandatory.
Why all these comparisons? Call ur people to order and leave xtians alone. There is no thread in the christian's forum that asks Muslims to also obey the canons. So write for Muslims and leave us out of your issues. Soon you'll complain of bashing Islam whereas you ask for it. Defend your religion to your followers. Xtians don't need it. We already know you TOO WELL by your actions. Don't continue to add salt to injury. It's an insult on our intelligence

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
amosy007:
okay am non christian ... but the points he made are good ones to counter what the poster wrote and i will like to hear ur opinion on that .... besides what makes u think he was programmed to believe something and u are not a victim of the same programming undecided

You can counter them on my behalf.tongue I don't have to prove anything to you. Don't come here with "I am an atheist" story. Stay in your lane.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2012
sfactor: @Seun Osewa. seriously watch it. I advice you to stop these religious bigots from using this forum as a means of expressing their myopic and biased view. A thread like this should never make front page.

Do not allow people with very low intelligence to turn your forum into a means to express religious fanaticism and tribal sentiment that further widens the gulf that already divides us.

Beware lest this forum become forgotten like One-box. A word is enough for the wise!

Tell me something.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by aryzgreat: 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2012
igbeke:
dat may be true but certainly not under d umbrella of christianity.
most christians actually put his recovery b4 GOD in prayers, regardless d fact dat he was a muslim. my church is a gud example of such.

They will not remember that. My church made it a prayer point and declared 3days fasting for Late yaradua when he was taken abroad. CAN on a national level organized prayers for his quick recovery even with all the underground permutations the CABALS did to ensure power remain with north. It was a sad moment for us xtians when Yaradua died cos he was d first Northern muslim to lead Nigeria with so much passion and without religious bias. People were only angry at the role Turai and d so called CABALS played. Keeping the nation in suspense as to the health condition of our president.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by amosy007: 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

You can counter them on my behalf.tongue I don't have to prove anything to you. Don't come here with "I am an atheist" story. Stay in your lane.
buahhahahahahahaha just as i thought! nothing to proof ...only here to speak gibberish... for ur information, am not an atheist and am open to any religion that can proof itself ... btw dont insult people personalty if u have nothing to counter the person. it will only make u look dumb.. no offense grin grin

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tintingz(m): 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2012
iykemyke: well since u turned it into a
comptition let me also say
muslims celebrate when death
befalls a non muslim.
Remember 9/11 in united
states as an example
and you think there were no muslims in that building tower?
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2012
amosy007: u see problem with muslims... they easily judge everyone... no wonder they kill anything that doesnt belong to islam... did i ever tell u am a christian? for ur information am not a christian and i dont know why u had to take my point just to make point against the christians (typical of muslims)... so please count me out of whatever u are posting okay

besides when did pagan 9ja and zuby77 became Christians ?
thats the problem with these muslims. They think anybody that is not a muslim is a christian.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
omarky:

U sucks....

My comments must have gotten into your bone marrow.

Think twice o ye muslim of little knowlegde,its 21st century and you are still living in the dark ages of mohammed the molester.

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 1:35pm On Dec 21, 2012
maclatunji:

LOL, is this coherent in your estimation?

And yes I am a Muslim "brother". What else do you want to know?

Been a muslim brother have shown me everything about you.

I take my leave.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by uzoexcel(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat: The OP of this thread is talking baldadash! If u think creating thread in islam for muslims is an avenue for u to twist and lie against christians and go scott free, bear it in mind u are making a big mistake even with ur MOD standing by u.

Get this facts straight into ur fanatic brain.

1. When u rejoice over the death of ur Govnor not because he is a tyrant or non-performer but because u see him as an INFIDEL and makes it a celebration there is a difference btwn that and rejoicing when a tyrant like abacha died and both xtians and muslims see it as God's intervention even if its not.

2. When yaradua died NO XTIAN celebrated it cos yaradua was performing even in the face of his sickness, yaradua was never a muslim fanatic. if there was any report of celebration, quote it. Why it looked as if some people got RELIEVED was bc of the controversy shrouding yaradua's long absence and the not too good role played by Turai. Speculations were flying as to weda he was still alive or dead and kept secret. The circumstances that made GEJ acting president was charged and many people were afraid military might use dat opportunity to strike and take over, so when the news of his death was released, people wia relieved.

Stop searching for unfounded facts to defend muslims when they do wrong, this is d same reason u people always go back to point hand at Niger delta whenever boko strikes or start blamisng centuries old crusaders when ur muslim brodas commit terrorist act. Stop blaming, look inwards and put ur house in other!

if he likes let him ban me and hide my msg

i totally agree wid u on point 2....also i think we tend to stereotype a lot in naija..using 1 person or a group of person's actions to condemn a whole religion or tribe....had an uncle who was amongst the igbo traders that were killed few years ago in abuja 'cos they couldnt recite the koran;but i wont use this to hate/condemn any muslim i see..my best frd is a yoruba muslim....though seriously i want to ask muslims these simple question...'all muslims are not terrorists but all renowned terrorists are muslims?'...plz answer wid an open mind and enlighten us who are not in the 'know'...thanks

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by hannydarl(f): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2012
When A man opresses and puts a burden too difficult for his subjects to bear on their backs and they gran in pain for years and oneday that man dies, what do you think majority of his subjects will do? They will dance and sing until someone brings them to order.
When the righteous prospers the city rejoices but when the wicked perished there were shouts of joy.
Just that a lot of people group muslems or any group they sense as a threat. So to them if a bomb goes off its boko and bokos are muslems. so, every moslem is a boko person and any moslem dies, its considered to be 1 less boko person to deal with and vice versa
That is the problem
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Liverpoolfc(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2012
I am so happy. I thank my God that i a neither a Northerner nor a muslem. God, i am grateful for doing this for me.

2 Likes

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tintingz(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2012
aryzgreat:

Support ur assertion with a link. On the contrary muslims were the ones rejoicing simply because they see it as an opportunity for a muslim deputy to take over just as they did when yakowa died. Taraba has always been ruled by xtians just like plateau. Rmbr Jolly Nyame was even a Reverend.
start reading post here. . .

http://nairaland.com/1084846/governor-danbaba-suntai-taraba-state
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Mustay(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2012
Misrepresentation biases I see here.

How people use a sample to represent a population with 100% significance level is amazing!!!

sfactor: @Seun Osewa. seriously watch it. I advice you to stop these religious bigots from using this forum as a means of expressing their myopic and biased view. A thread like this should never make front page.

^^^Thank you.

Misrepresentation biases I see here.

How people use a sample to represent a population with 100% significance level is amazing!!!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by DeCleff(m): 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2012
andromida: When you want to correct your brothers do so without showing them how evil Christians are. Showing them how evil some Christians are just gives legitimacy to their crimes. This thread would have been good but as usual you turned it to a competition between Muslims and Christians. What is wrong is wrong. Period!

Who do u call a christain? A Church goer or a non muslim?

To know who is a christain, u have to see the love of Jesus Christ in him.

A true christain will be in much pains n sorrow if a sinner dies in his/her sin.

Not every non muslims or church goers are christians.

A true christain is as wise as a serpent but harmless as a dove
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by nuelkaosi(m): 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2012
Mr Op stop causing controversy with controversial threads lik this instead use ur position to instill peace in the minds of our youth as that is the best way forward for this country. What do u wana find out wt this kinda thread We guys ought to reasonable abeg.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by aryzgreat: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
tintingz: start reading post here. . .

http://nairaland.com/1084846/governor-danbaba-suntai-taraba-state

Mr born liar, wia in dis link did any xtian rejoice in error by believing Suntai was a muslim before being told he is a xtian? i av gone through the link, all i read in that link was questions being asked weda he was a trained pilot and why on earth was he piloting himself. Anti PDP posters also chip in that PDP govnors dat think buying private jet can avoid road accident dlearn that air is not safe too.

Is this the Al takiya they thought u people? To lie in defence of ur religion is a noble cause. Its noble indeed to lie!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 2:24pm On Dec 21, 2012
Frachizy or whatever you call yourself, doesnt it bother you that every single reply you get on NL is either a curse or an insult?? Let me believe you are just a troll. But if that is your true personality i'd advice you to go work on your life. Your brain is so messed up!

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 2:29pm On Dec 21, 2012
@OP your verdicts and opinions are obviously clouded with religous sentiments. 1st you advice your muslim brothers to stop celebrating other people's misfortunes, then you go ahead to justify their actions by saying christians have also celebrated the death of muslim leaders.

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 2:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
iykemyke:

go to history and find out lets not go far. How did usman dan fodio spread islam in northern nigeria? Is it not by fighting and subdueing the conquered to accept islam. That is how islam ispread world over. did mohammed not conquere medina

@bolded! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Biggest, fattest lie. tongue

@Usman Dan Fodio- Yeah! He was a rebel to the traditional establishment in Hausaland then. His revolution was quite remarkable because it established a functional federation of Muslim States under the Sokoto Caliphate that functioned effectively until the British Colonialists arrived, even when they did, they found it so efficient that they chose "indirect rule" to govern the said areas.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2012
That mĀ¤ron the OP quoted that talked about the north being cold as one of the 10 plauges God has sent on the north is easily the biggest fool i ve seen in my life.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2012
tintingz: and you think there are no muslims in that building tower?
And how does that matter? What do you say about suicide bombers The majority of the people that died were non-muslims that is what mattered to them(you).

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2012
Liverpoolfc: I am so happy. I thank my God that i a neither a Northerner nor a muslem. God, i am grateful for doing this for me.
Is that an assurance that you will make heven? Think before you speak and not the other way round.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by caukerzee(m): 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
DeCleff:

Who do u call a christain? A Church goer or a non muslim?

To know who is a christain, u have to see the love of Jesus Christ in him.

A true christain will be in much pains n sorrow if a sinner dies in his/her sin.

Not every non muslims or church goers are christians.

A true christain is as wise as a serpent but harmless as a dove
Thats what i keep telling people. People dont know the diff between a church goer and a christian.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by buJu234: 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2012
to the Muslims in the house ... DID MOHAMMED FIGHT WAR & KILL PEOPLE; true or false[/b]

to the Christians in the house...[b] DID JESUS FIGHT WAR & KILL PEOPLE; true or false
[color=#990000][/color]

I think the answer to the question above show answer while one religion is violence and the other is peacefulll...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / Rulings Concerning Music In Islam / Disease Of the Soul: Anger (Ghadhab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.