Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,648 members, 7,823,837 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? (9809 Views)

Can Muslims Celebrate Valentine? / Kaduna Muslims Celebrate Death Of Governor / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Good that you are not at the bottom of the pile. I doubt that I would want to 'proof' anything to you though. Mind your grammar first, it will be difficult for you to understand anything if you can't differentiate a noun from a verb.

Intellectual minions asking to be impressed with knowledge are quite plentiful here.
never knew abokis speak english, thought it was kwayi and kai dey know best. Kudos allah kilimanjaro

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Rexyl(m): 7:24pm On Dec 22, 2012
[b] A TRUE CHRISTIAN DON'T CELEBRATE MISFORTUNE OF OTHERS. JESUS IS THE PERFECT EXPRESSION OF GOD'S LOVE TO MANKIND FOR PEACE,TRUTHFULNESS, HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS. HE MADE A VERY CLEAR ILLUSTRATION THAT HE IS THE TRUE VINE AND GOD THE FARTHER IS THE HUSBANDMAN (John 15). BELIEVERS IN HIM ARE THE BRANCHES WHO ARE EXPECTED TO ABIDE IN HIM AND HE IN THEM.
HE STATED ALL BRANCHES THAT ARE NOT BEARING GOOD FRUITS SHALL BE CUT OFF, MEANING THEY ARE NOT PART OF HIM. THE FRUITS BEING REFERRED TO ARE FOR LOVE, PEACE, RIGHTEOUS LIVING AND ALL GOOD THINGS THAT WILL SUSTAIN A BELIEVER TO BE HEAVENLY MINDED AND EARTHLY CONSCIOUS OF EVIL THINGS AGAINST SALVATION OF HUMAN SOUL SO THAT A BELIEVER SHALL NOT FALL TO SIN AND ETERNAL CONDEMNATION.
A true Christian knows that God is not interested in RELIGION and MULTITUDE. What God wants is your service life unto him and how well in care and love you relate with others, telling them the truth that will touch the heart and change life in genuine repentance to doing God's will. The main purpose for human existence is to fear God, serve him and keep his commands ( Ecclesiastes 12:13-14). God doesn't want hypocrisy. He doesn't want a situation whereby people claim to serve him with their heart far from him (Isaiah 29:13,Mathew 15:7-cool[/b]
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 23, 2012
nagoma: @Batathings;

Don't waste your time on those hypocrites who think their religion of singing and dancing is the same as the religion of Jesus ( AS) . They have 3 gods , the father the son and the spirit. They dance Azonto suggestive moves with half naked women in what they call service of God. The bandit pastors come to tell them about prosperity ( meaning money) and rip them off their savings in exchange for fake miracles . The pastors laugh all the way to the bank and end up competing in the purchase of jets. This is the summary of their religion of greed and trick stars and money doublers. When Jesus returns, he will surely not recognize Azonto and Kukere dancers and money doublers as his followers.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 23, 2012
nagoma: @Batathings;

Don't waste your time on those hypocrites who think their religion of singing and dancing is the same as the religion of Jesus ( AS) . They have 3 gods , the father the son and the spirit. They dance Azonto suggestive moves with half naked women in what they call service of God. The bandit pastors come to tell them about prosperity ( meaning money) and rip them off their savings in exchange for fake miracles . The pastors laugh all the way to the bank and end up competing in the purchase of jets. This is the summary of their religion of greed and trick stars and money doublers. When Jesus returns, he will surely not recognize Azonto and Kukere dancers and money doublers as his followers.
lol.... An who ar u
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2012
BetaThings:
Whenever BH strikes I feel very very bad because I don't want anyone deciding how and when I would die
Of course, everything is in the hands of Allah, I just don't want a misguided person being part of the process
BH is making understanding and the normal invitation to Islam more difficult

But don't let us use body count. To the family of the people killed it is not 1 or 2, it is 100%
But in the last decade do you think Muslims have killed 100,000 non-muslims?
No I don't want 100 let alone 100,000. But Christians have killed more
Just look at Iraq
But best to avoid armed conflict
We can fight this verbal war on NL, still much better and easier to resolve than a lot of empty beds at home

1 Like

Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2012
_babyshaQ: I've been reading your posts & still haven't made any sense out of it. You obviously don't know who a christian is. Jesus christ preached love (love your neighbour as yourself; turn the other cheek; he that's without sin cast the first stone, & ultimately died for mankind including you & I) that is elaborate enough for anybody to understand. On the other hand, Islam ... Wouldn't want to say anything offensive

So you believe that I don't know who a christian is but you who a Muslim is?
I don't have any issues with your offensive post against Islam provided it is truthful
What Jesus Christ (PBUH) preached is well known and provide a useful guidepost for living one's life
But do Christians practice it? How do I explain to an Iraqi whose family was destroyed in a war that Sarah Palin said was a task from God

_babyshaQ: but who are the infidels?
Since you mentioned this, I want you to PROVIDE evidence that Muslims call anyone infidels

Now here is what the Bible says

Would then care to explain what the Bible means by Infidels
Be not unequally yoked with the infidels [2 Corinthians 6:14]
It is worrying that Christian accuse people of their own ills

_babyshaQ: I detest the brazen bias being exhibited on NL front page by the mods. The only topic on islam that makes the fp expects all & sundry to be sympathetic for slanderous comments made against the religion wheras everyday there'll be at least, a couple of topics on christianity or adherents posted just for public ridicule to the excitement of the muslim mods.
I am not a moderator. I don't believe in insults. I am not afraid of being banned for speaking the truth. I believe in fairness
If you can PROVE that NL has been unfair to Christianity compared to Islam, provide the evidence and I will join you in petitioning the moderator or the owner of the site. They are human beings
But I can demonstrate to you that this site had been very very unfair to Islam and I can prove it!
If you want, we can both do our research and present the result

_babyshaQ: Going by comparison Islam is not better off than any other religion. What's beneficial to one should never be imposed on anyone not by any means especially with violence. Killing of people especially children in the name of islam is seldomly condemned by muslims but a mere caricature of their prophet could start a revolution.
There is joy in heaven when a soul is converted to christ emphasises the value of a life esp that of a sinner. I don't think Islam accords any value to the life of a non-muslim. I'm a christian because I decided at some point to follow christ not because I was given birth to by christians.

As a Muslim, I believe that Islam is beyond compare. I cannot submit to forceful conversion. So I don't agree that anyone should be converted by force
It will be useful for you to provide evidence of these things you accuse Muslims of. Mere opinions and commentaries will not help
I have never really seen Christians express the same outrage at killings by Christians that they do when same is done by non-Christians
Can you provide evidence of the killing of children in the name of Islam. And please provide evidence of condemnation of killing of Muslim children in Afghanistan and Iraq by the US. I believe that these Muslim children are also human beings. Otherwise your assertion that the life of a non-muslim means nothing to Muslims becomes reverse attack on Islam
Whether born into a religion or not, I am not a complete stranger to Christianity. I am not impressed.
and the actions of Christians on NL have further confirmed my position
2 pointers.
*a) Christians accuse Muslims. I have thrown challenges that not one has taken up
(b) Christians told us how due to the sensitivity of religion in Nigeria, it was not advisable for the CBN to approve Islamic Banks, although the banks will be privately owned. Now our government has spent public money to commission a National Christmas Tree lit by the first lady. Of course, there was not a whimper from those who are concerned about religious potential impact on national stability
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by BetaThings: 6:41pm On Dec 23, 2012
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by xtayle(m): 11:42am On Dec 24, 2012
tbaba1234:

A muslim is one who submits to the will of God. We believe that Jesus submitted to the will of the one who sent him.

I see. "Will of God" after the order of quran or the bible? like u said, "the one who sent him" is not Allah, who spoke only to one man- muhammad throughout generations. The God who sent Jesus spoke to several people and is still speaking today.

Jesus is not a Muslim. He's the saviour of mankind sent by God Almighty whose name is Jehovah and not some man-made idol represented by a blackstone which u must kill for and face the east b4 u can pray to him.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by tbaba1234: 12:15pm On Dec 24, 2012
^ You display incredible ignorance!!.. Jesus spoke Aramaic, what is the Aramaic word for God? simple assignment!!

The Arabic bible uses the word Allah for God... And Muhammad is just the last in the list of the prophets, God sent his message to.. They all came with a single message of submission to the one God. not a son or a holy spirit... One God...

The kaaba is also a mosque, one can also pray inside of it. But it is difficult to help your kind of ignorance. when you rid yourself of prejudices, we can have useful discussions...
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by xtayle(m): 12:44pm On Dec 24, 2012
BetaThings:

Your country NEEDS YOU!
So was it wrong for young Britons to enlsit to fight the Battle of Britain
All over the world, countries pay special attention to their soldiers who die defendinf their country
But it is a sin for a Muslim to defend Islam against attack!
So why do Christians defend their countries and forbid Muslims from doing so?

You have misquoted that verse
And do muslims just grab people on the streets
Or fight in wars?
War is something that most Christian countries in North America and Europe are researching to make killing efficient
So do they kill or not?

Incorrect. You are not obeying Allah, if you refuse the call of the leader of your country to defend Islam
This is what is called draft dodging or desertion in western countries
Why is it strange for Muslims do it

Daughters? Can you give me examples? and where it is required in the Qur'an or ahadeeth?

Just click on this link: http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-rim&hl=en&q=father%20kill%20daughter%20for%20dating%20non%20muslim&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&channel=browser
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by xtayle(m): 12:59pm On Dec 24, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ You display incredible ignorance!!.. Jesus spoke Aramaic, what is the Aramaic word for God? simple assignment!!

The Arabic bible uses the word Allah for God... And Muhammad is just the last in the list of the prophets, God sent his message to.. They all came with a single message of submission to the one God. not a son or a holy spirit... One God...

The kaaba is also a mosque, one can also pray inside of it. But it is difficult to help your kind of ignorance. when you rid yourself of prejudices, we can have useful discussions...

Ogbeni, u are just a gullible bigot deceived by muhammad. He recited everything that was in line with his ambition and that of satan. Including the covetous act of snatching his own son's (Zayd) wife (Zaynab). Muhammad recited from his flesh in conspiracy with allah a demom.

God is not a respecter of persons (Acts 10:34) , why would he stop speaking to man after he spoke to muhammad? That is a lie from the pit of hell and we know who the father of lies is - SATAN.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2012
BetaThings:

So you believe that I don't know who a christian is but you who a Muslim is?
I don't have any issues with your offensive post against Islam provided it is truthful
What Jesus Christ (PBUH) preached is well known and provide a useful guidepost for living one's life
But do Christians practice it? How do I explain to an Iraqi whose family was destroyed in a war that Sarah Palin said was a task from God

Since you mentioned this, I want you to PROVIDE evidence that Muslims call anyone infidels

Now here is what the Bible says

Would then care to explain what the Bible means by Infidels
Be not unequally yoked with the infidels [2 Corinthians 6:14]
It is worrying that Christian accuse people of their own ills

I am not a moderator. I don't believe in insults. I am not afraid of being banned for speaking the truth. I believe in fairness
If you can PROVE that NL has been unfair to Christianity compared to Islam, provide the evidence and I will join you in petitioning the moderator or the owner of the site. They are human beings
But I can demonstrate to you that this site had been very very unfair to Islam and I can prove it!
If you want, we can both do our research and present the result

As a Muslim, I believe that Islam is beyond compare. I cannot submit to forceful conversion. So I don't agree that anyone should be converted by force
It will be useful for you to provide evidence of these things you accuse Muslims of. Mere opinions and commentaries will not help
I have never really seen Christians express the same outrage at killings by Christians that they do when same is done by non-Christians
Can you provide evidence of the killing of children in the name of Islam. And please provide evidence of condemnation of killing of Muslim children in Afghanistan and Iraq by the US. I believe that these Muslim children are also human beings. Otherwise your assertion that the life of a non-muslim means nothing to Muslims becomes reverse attack on Islam
Whether born into a religion or not, I am not a complete stranger to Christianity. I am not impressed.
and the actions of Christians on NL have further confirmed my position
2 pointers.
*a) Christians accuse Muslims. I have thrown challenges that not one has taken up
(b) Christians told us how due to the sensitivity of religion in Nigeria, it was not advisable for the CBN to approve Islamic Banks, although the banks will be privately owned. Now our government has spent public money to commission a National Christmas Tree lit by the first lady. Of course, there was not a whimper from those who are concerned about religious potential impact on national stability
nwanne, stop twisting the bible 2 suit ur line of arguement, Dat passage in the bible u wanted to quote didn't put it as infidels, it said, do not be unequally yoked with the unbelievers/unGodly and do u know wat dat means He didn't say we should exterminate dem cos they aren't christians, and a christian is someone who has submitted to live according to the teachings of our lord Jesus Christ, I can see dat most muslims do quote d old testament to judge the christians, remember dat d christian life started in d new testament ie one of the much I can say 4 for more and stop remixing koran wid d bible and be more truthful and straight forward...ah ah which one come be infidel for d bible wey I dey study steady. Check wat yoke means and apply d meaning 2 d above quote u remixed b4. Tanx
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Rexyl(m): 6:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
[b]
Movingcoil: nwanne, stop twisting the bible 2 suit ur line of arguement, Dat passage in the bible u wanted to quote didn't put it as infidels, it said, do not be unequally yoked with the unbelievers/unGodly and do u know wat dat means He didn't say we should exterminate dem cos they aren't christians, and a christian is someone who has submitted to live according to the teachings of our lord Jesus Christ, I can see dat most muslims do quote d old testament to judge the christians, remember dat d christian life started in d new testament ie one of the much I can say 4 for more and stop remixing koran wid d bible and be more truthful and straight forward...ah ah which one come be infidel for d bible wey I dey study steady. Check wat yoke means and apply d meaning 2 d above quote u remixed b4. Tanx

As I have said Christianity is not a matter of multitude but discipleship(following, keeping, applying and living by the teachings of Christ). Jesus wants everyone to learn from him (matt 11:28-30). He also establish how true love should look like from Mathew 22:36-40. About serving God he says God is spirit and people should serve him in truth and spirit ( John 4:22-24).

Concerning judgement of the world, the Holy father has handed it over to Jesus Christ ( John:5:22-24). You might ask why it pleases Almighty God to have done that. It is because Jesus fulfilled the plan of God to guarantee redemption and salvation of human souls: He shelved his heavenly glorious body, came down to the earth in the flesh, humbly adopted human form to live through strengths and weaknesses of human beings from which he developed spiritual and holy standard of living for man from which all shall be judged.

He underwent suffering and pains of death on the cross as replacement to sacrificing animals for forgiveness of sins and salvation of souls.
His acceptance to make himself an offer for forgiveness, removal of sin and salvation of human souls made God to honor him so highly, and that is reason why the saviour of the world is given a name above every other names ( Philippians 2:6-11)
What everybody needs is living by pure and undiluted love of God by which everyone shall be judged Christians, Muslims and traditionalist. This is the plain fact that many people don't want to hear.[/b]
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
Rexyl: [b]

As I have said Christianity is not a matter of multitude but discipleship(following, keeping, applying and living by the teachings of Christ). Jesus wants everyone to learn from him (matt 11:28-30). He also establish how true love should look like from Mathew 22:36-40. About serving God he says God is spirit and people should serve him in truth and spirit ( John 4:22-24).

Concerning judgement of the world, the Holy father has handed it over to Jesus Christ ( John:5:22-24). You might ask why it pleases Almighty God to have done that. It is because Jesus fulfilled the plan of God to guarantee redemption and salvation of human souls: He shelved his heavenly glorious body, came down to the earth in the flesh, humbly adopted human form to live through strengths and weaknesses of human beings from which he developed spiritual and holy standard of living for man from which all shall be judged.

He underwent suffering and pains of death on the cross as replacement to sacrificing animals for forgiveness of sins and salvation of souls.
His acceptance to make himself an offer for forgiveness, removal of sin and salvation of human souls made God to honor him so highly, and that is reason why the saviour of the world is given a name above every other names ( Philippians 2:6-11)
What everybody needs is living by pure and undiluted love of God by which everyone shall be judged Christians, Muslims and traditionalist. This is the plain fact that many people don't want to hear.[/b]
it also means dat in d christian faith, der's no dilution and bending of rules, d teachings of our Lord Jesus christ is the only standard for the christian life, nothing should be added or subtracted and all these are made available in the bible. Somebody shout helleluya der!!!
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 6:47am On Dec 25, 2012
^LOL. You guys like to deceive yourselves a lot. Practically everything about Christianity is bent. This is not a wild assertion: Today is December 25, Christmas as you call it. Millions of Christians will be going to church truly believing that Jesus was born today which is a grand fallacy, a lie.

How can the biggest celebration in your religion be such a fraud and you are here boasting about its "Integrity"? I guess it shows the kind of person you are.
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by Rexyl(m): 8:54am On Dec 25, 2012
maclatunji:
^LOL. You guys like to deceive yourselves a lot. Practically everything about Christianity is bent. This is not a wild assertion: Today is December 25, Christmas as you call it. Millions of Christians will be going to church truly believing that Jesus was born today which is a grand fallacy, a lie.

How can the biggest celebration in your religion be such a fraud and you are here boasting about its "Integrity"? I guess it shows the kind of person you are.

IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO SHARE THE MASSAGE OF CHRIST YOUR SAVIOR. THE BIBLE SAYS, (Romans 10:15) ' And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL
Re: Do Muslims Celebrate Misfortune To Others While Christians Don't? by maclatunji: 10:05am On Dec 25, 2012
Rexyl:

IT IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO SHARE THE MASSAGE OF CHRIST YOUR SAVIOR. THE BIBLE SAYS, (Romans 10:15) ' And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

Hehehe! Of course, honesty is not important. The ends shall justify the means- abi? Wuruwuru and magomago to the answer is your motto. tongue grin Enjoy your Christmas Celebrations.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / Rulings Concerning Music In Islam / Disease Of the Soul: Anger (Ghadhab)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.