Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:14 PM

SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story (9253 Views)

Ex-minister “threatens” Nigerian Journalist Over Report / 2015: Gej Should Drop Sambo For Chime / Policemen Molest Female Journalist Over Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Demdem(m): 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Mr USA, How many times have reporters in the USA published news of Fidel castros death,

Earlier this year CNN told us of "unconfirmed report of Hosni Mubaraks death. I guess the professional fool.ishness extends to CNN too.

Ever since they published the report has Chime come out to deny it?

Exactly, where is Chime himself. we kept on seeing his commissioners talking on his behalf but no one seems to have heard from him directly.
Even the late yaradua's earlier case wasnt this terrible. During campaign, OBJ made sure at least we heard his voice from his hospital bed from germany.
Umaru, is that u grin grin

1 Like

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
Manny4life's us is nixons white house, with a muzzled press
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by ektbear: 5:51pm On Dec 19, 2012
Never trust a man with a mustache like Chime's
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Rooneyboy(m): 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2012
touch_me_hard: I just like the fact that they were decent and polite in the whole thing, unlike the Police.

u are a very reasonable fellow.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 19, 2012
Chime are you alive? We need to see you, not your signature on contract and supplementary budget
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
oyb: Chime are you alive? We need to see you, not your signature on contract and supplementary budget

Chime is on vacation at an Island where Cameras are forbidden

This reminds one of when prominent Pastors and Imams were selected to see yar Adua.

Yar Adua now became a tourist attraction that only selected Nigerians can view

Umoru Chime is that you?
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 5:58pm On Dec 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Mr USA, How many times have reporters in the USA published news of Fidel castros death,

Earlier this year CNN told us of "unconfirmed report of Hosni Mubaraks death. I guess the professional fool.ishness extends to CNN too.

Ever since they published the report has Chime come out to deny it?

Ah, what is your problem... er Mr. Dayo

What has Fidel got to do with the U.S.? Is he a U.S. citizen, or part of the U.S. Govt System? Nna na wa fo you o, have you ever heard of Fox or MSNBC publishing death news of a seating senator or governor without it being confirmed. As in "TX Gov Perry is dead" without verification... Abeg chill jor.

Hosni Mubarak is not part of the U.S and State govt, it was stated as "UNCONFIRMED" , not Affirmative like these folks here did.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Rooneyboy(m): 6:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
in my own opinion those SSS guys were rather tooo calm on the mot.he.rfucker .

For crying out loud where in this world do u get to see stuffs like "unconfirmed report on the death of a politician ?"

Since when did investigative journalism go into extinction

That stupid journalist should be sacked, he's so unprofessional and unethical .

3 Likes

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
oyb: Manny4life's us is nixons white house, with a muzzled press

Look dude, this isn't about me so please, try not to call my name. As much as I support freedom of speech and expression, I'm a strongly believer of withholding critical and sensitive information.

Again, publishing unconfirmed reports as it's affirmed is professionally WRONG. No matter how much we try to dance around it, it's wrong. If I were a prosecutor, I will seek to find if any law bars it, and if found in violation, YES I will prosecute. Then again, I'm no lawyer, so my wish is more so futile grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Rooneyboy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
Demdem:

Exactly, where is Chime himself. we kept on seeing his commissioners talking on his behalf but no one seems to have heard from him directly.
Even the late yaradua's earlier case wasnt this terrible. During campaign, OBJ made sure at least we heard his voice from his hospital bed from germany.
Umaru, is that u grin grin

what exactly is ur stress youngman

Chime is ill, there's nothing being wrong in being ill, what exactly do u want to see him for

1 Like

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by adconline(m): 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
Had_one: IS BETTER THEY SHOULD START BRINGING SUCH UNPROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTAND THEIR MEDIA AGENCIES TO ORDER.

Cretin reasoning!
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life: Ah, what is your problem... er Mr. Dayo

What has Fidel got to do with the U.S.? Is he a U.S. citizen, or part of the U.S. Govt System? Nna na wa fo you o, have you ever heard of Fox or MSNBC publishing death news of a seating senator or governor without it being confirmed. As in "TX Gov Perry is dead" without verification... Abeg chill jor.

Hosni Mubarak is not part of the U.S and State govt, it was stated as "UNCONFIRMED" , not Affirmative like these folks here did.

Your rebuttal is very lame.

So because they are not US citizens they are allowed to publish "Unconfirmed news of their death"

CNN published unconfirmed news of Prominent Global figures. A Nigerian does the same but you in you daftness go ahead and accuse him of professional fool,,shness

1 Like

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by dayokanu(m): 6:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
Rooneyboy:

Chime is ill, there's nothing being wrong in being ill, what exactly do u want to see him for

Chime is not ill, The Information commissioner didn't tell anyone Chime is sick or are you his Doctor to claim he is sick?
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Demdem(m): 6:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
Rooneyboy:

[b]Are u ok at all?

Chime is ill, there's nothing being wrong in being ill, what exactly do u want to see him for [/b]

And how do u know that? wasnt it not this same journalist that is being harassed by those goons that broke the story for u?

The government in the past sponsored advertorials (October 18) on two national dailies against me, this was shortly after I broke the story on the governor’s health and his continuous absence from the state on October 14.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Your rebuttal is very lame.

So because they are not US citizens they are allowed to publish "Unconfirmed news of their death"

CNN published unconfirmed news of Prominent Global figures. A Nigerian does the same but you in you daftness go ahead and accuse him of professional fool,,shness

Lame to you.

YES, to each his own. What concerns me if Nigerian publisher publishes that SA governor or Cameroonian president is dead? How does that affect me? F Freedom of press is only restricted to the individual country/state, therefore, if CNN publishes wrongful information or otherwise about another country, that's different than when it's "HOMELAND SECURITY". Get the difference?

Apparently, in you futile bid to make me look bad, you've exhibited same daftness you accuse me of. Have you ever heard of CNN publishing any state governor being dead or sick or otherwise "WRONGFULLY"? Please use your fuc.king brains and not your an.us to think. A Nigerian published wrongful material about a "SITTING GOVERNOR" of his homeland, that would serious security chaos, how does that equate to CNN publishing "UNCONFIRMED" international stories?
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Rooneyboy(m): 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Chime is not ill, The Information commissioner didn't tell anyone Chime is sick or are you his Doctor to claim he is sick?

young man u don't like chime more than I do, let's tell ourselves the truth , chime is ill and deserves to be treated in where ever he feels is best for him in this world.

Since when did it become a sin to be ill
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Demdem(m): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life:

Lame to you.

YES, to each his own. What concerns me if Nigerian publisher publishes that SA governor or Cameroonian president is dead? How does that affect me? F Freedom of press is only restricted to the individual country/state, therefore, if CNN publishes wrongful information or otherwise about another country, that's different than when it's "HOMELAND SECURITY". Get the difference?

Apparently, in you futile bid to make me look bad, you've exhibited same daftness you accuse me of. Have you ever heard of CNN publishing any state governor being dead or sick or otherwise "WRONGFULLY"? Please use your fuc.king brains and not your an.us to think. A Nigerian published wrongful material about a "SITTING GOVERNOR" of his homeland, that would serious security chaos, how does that equate to CNN publishing "UNCONFIRMED" international stories?

i keep on hearing this and to be honest, it makes no sense.
Kindly refer me to any story emanating from this journalist that categorically stated that Chime is dead.
This will surely be a game changer
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2012
Demdem:

i keep on hearing this
Kindly refer me to any story emanating from this journalist that categorically stated that Chime is dead

Where there no several reports that Gov Chime was dead? Like seriously, are we trying to play naive to the fact that there were several reports of him dieing in India at a certain time My comment was on a broad view and not any particular person per se. I will reiterate again, publishing unconfirmed death reports about a sitting govt official is WRONG.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by emmatok(m): 6:22pm On Dec 19, 2012
Rooneyboy:

Chime in should step down and let the deputy take over.

Didn't we make thesame noice during Yaradua era.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life:

Lame to you.

Quite brainless as usual.

So US is interested in causing security chaos in countries where they report about death of their leaders?

You are steadily breaking new grounds in daftness, You should qualify for a Gordon Bell prize soon
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by dayokanu(m): 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
Rooneyboy:

young man u don't like chime more than I do, let's tell ourselves the truth , chime is ill and deserves to be treated in where ever he feels is best for him in this world.

Since when did it become a sin to be ill

How do you know Chime is sick? His advisers have come out to deny that he is sick. So whats your own source of the news that he is sick
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Demdem(m): 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life:

Where there no several reports that Gov Chime was dead? My comment was on a broad view and not any particular person per se. I will reiterate again, publishing unconfirmed death reports about a sitting govt official is WRONG.

lets get something straight here.
This thread is about the injustice melted on a journalist that doesnt have an history of false reportage not just another random journalist.
Infact, if not for his reportage of Chime's illness, peeps like rooneyboy would never have known because the state govt wanted it to be a secret.
This journalist has a clean history?
The question is why would SSS harass a "clean" journalist from performing his duties because they "think" without any concrete evidence that he is about to "lie"? Was that appropriate? Nothing suggest to me or even u that this journalist in question was about to send Chime's death report to lagos that evening.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by RedLight1: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2012
demdem

so what is stopping him from writing the story now then? what happened should encourage him to write whatever he got... i think its all propaganda from the journalist ... he has nothing to offer

1 Like

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
dayokanu:

Quite brainless as usual.

So US is interested in causing security chaos in countries where they report about death of their leaders?

You are steadily breaking new grounds in daftness, You should qualify for a Gordon Bell prize soon

I wasn't expecting an intelligent discussion from someone who's intellectually inept.

Geez, are you really this dumb? Again, what has U.S. media agencies reporting stories got to do with "HOMELAND SECURITY"?

I asked you before, has CNN, MSNBC, FOX, whatever reported a sitting govt official dead or seriously ill without confirming? You're successful in beating around the bush, stating thrash that's irrelevant to the status quo. We're talking about HOMELAND security, you're you're deviating talking about international security? Seriously, you need help

More so, I'm trying to help you continue to breaking the ground from where you left off, because the will power to continue was definitely faded away. Don't worry, I will re-energize you

1 Like

Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Dec 19, 2012
Demdem:

lets get something straight here.
This thread is about the injustice melted on a journalist that doesnt have an history of false reportage not just another random journalist.
Infact, if not for his reportage of Chime's illness, peeps like rooneyboy would never have known because the state govt wanted it to be a secret.
This journalist has a clean history?
The question is why would SSS harass a "clean" journalist from performing his duties because they "think" without any concrete evidence that he is about to "lie"? Was that appropriate? Nothing suggest to me or even u that this journalist in question was about to send Chime's death report to lagos that evening.

Guilty or innocence is something that court of law has to decide. If he knows that he's clean, then let him go about it the right way.

Personally, I would like to know when my gov is ill, and when he dies and what not, should it be a secret NO. However, stories of death when it's wrong is just dead wrong.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Demdem(m): 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2012
Red-Light:
demdem

so what is stopping him from writing the story now then? what happened should encourage him to write whatever he got... i think its all propaganda from the journalist ... he has nothing to offer

That boils down to the editorial board of the Punch itself. besides, his earlier story about chime's illness has already been published and "confirmed" to be true though the govt denies such. By the way, do u even have an idea of what he intend sending to lagos at all. How are we even sure he even wanted to send anything that night undecided undecided
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 6:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
Demdem:

That boils down to the editorial board of the Punch itself. besides, his earlier story about chime's illness has already been published and "confirmed" to be true though the govt denies such

You do not expect the govt to accept it, in as long as he has evidence to show forth that his stories were confirmed, people like me want to know. My own disappointment in general (in ref to my first post), was the unconfirmed news about his death in India, at a particular time.
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by spyder880(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2012
Chilling at Mama Onyinye's pammy joint under the mango tree at Udi (Sullivan's village) joyous atmosphere here and the villagers wave off the rumour. Merry christmas in advance. grin
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Demdem(m): 6:43pm On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life:

Guilty or innocence is something that court of law has to decide. If he knows that he's clean, then let him go about it the right way.

can u kindly highlight one thing or one area that this journalist in question got it wrong? what exactly did he do to have warranted this harrasement from the SSS
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by taharqa: 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
I honestly dont undastad what d problem is here. Even if those men were actuali from d SSS, So? They were too kind to this journalist sef. They wud hv landed one or two UNFORGETABLE slaps on d face of dis journalist, specifically across his buccal cavity b4 they left in order to remind him NEVA to declare smone's else husband and father dead (while calling d report 'Unconfirmd') so you cud write a story ('first to comment' syndrom). If they had done this, then we cud actuali be hving a debate..... The only tin i can draw 4rm dis stori is dat those 'SSS' guys were too kind...
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by Demdem(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2012
manny4life:

You do not expect the govt to accept it, in as long as he has evidence to show forth that his stories were confirmed, people like me want to know. My own disappointment in general (in ref to my first post), was the unconfirmed news about his death in India, at a particular time.

but it didnt originate from this journalist. All what has originated from this journalist so far has been the truth (chime's illness). why the harassment then? shouldnt journalists proceed with their work again because there are bad journalists out there
Re: SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story by manny4life(m): 6:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Demdem:

can u kindly highlight one thing or one area that this journalist in question got it wrong? what exactly did he do to have warranted this harrasement from the SSS

My friend, this is no harassment at all, these guys acted normal and most importantly professional. The crime he committed (though not one to me) is that he's a person of interest. High profile interest everywhere are treated same way. Shouldn't he be lucky they they did not touch him? Fine, they threatened him - they said if he shouted or called anyone, they will deal with him.

In your opinion, since he knew they were onto him, YET, he made the call, if the SSS operatives were callous and unprofessional, wouldn't they have hurt or even killed him, YET, kill the trace of that phone call? All the SSS did was confiscate hie belonging because he was a person of interest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akume’s Kinsmen Dump APC For PDP / We Will Fight Boko Haram With The Law - David Mark / Senate Summons Baru & Shell Over Revocation, Re-award Of OML 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.