Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,197 members, 7,811,516 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

How To Quit A Relationship With Ease - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Quit A Relationship With Ease (15816 Views)

What Would Make You Quit A Relationship?.... / What Would Make You Quit A Relationship? / Funny Excuses People Use To Quit A Relationship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by ada9ja(f): 2:12am On Dec 19, 2012
1. Be certain you want to end the relationship . Don't use the threat of leaving as a tool to get your own way in an argument. If you say it, be prepared to back it up with the action, or else take the threat off the table before you make it. Discuss problems openly and directly with your partner before you make up your mind. Many men and women suffer for years andnever bring problems up with their partners. This isn't healthy.Feel free to seek couples counseling.

2.Make your decision when feeling calm and rational . If you're angry enough to walk out of a heated discussion between both of you, this isn't the time to make a break. Instead, leave after saying, "I need to calm down. I'm going to go talk with someone for a while. I will be back when I can be more reasonable." In other words, don't say, "I'm leaving," and walk out that minute without further explanation.

3. Choose your time wisely . Choose a time and place that will allow for both you and the person that you're about to dump to allow for the time and privacy to do it properly. Don't break up with someone right before they have a big test or are about to go to work. Fridaysare a suitable choice if it gives your soon-to-be-ex the weekend to recover somewhat. If you're in a hurry to leave the relationship (namely, you can't wait until Friday), tell your partner you need to take some time and you're going to stay with a friend for a night or two.

4.Do it ! Be firm in what you say––being wishy-washy in the vain hope you'll let the other person down "easy" will only cause more hurt. Hold strong, for you have already made your decision. This does not need to be a dramatic, escalating event. Get to the point and say that you don't want to be in the relationship anymore, that it isn't working for you. Avoid anycomment that gives the impression this is a trial separation and that you might resume things after a break. This is it.

5. Prepare for the worst . The dumpee will typically react with anger or with wonder, shock, panic. If she or he responds with anger, try to remain calm and attempt to calm him or her. If she or he begins raging, it is pointless to try to explain further––but don't just hang upor walk away. Instead, say, "It's not productive to just yell at oneanother. I've made my decision, and I won't change my mind, but I will talk with you if you can remain calmer. Take some time to settle down, and then call me - we can talk again then." If your ex does call, keep your word. Pick up the call. If there are questions, be honest and kind with your answers. Be prepared to answer their questions. Set up an exact time for you to discuss what went wrong, and do not cancel the meeting at the last moment.

6. Establish concrete boundaries for your future interaction . Once you have begun the process, be polite butfirm about these boundaries, and make it clear that they are non-negotiable. It is permissibleto cut him or her off without a chance to discuss what went wrong. Try to make the failed relationship as valuable as possible by turning it into a chance to learn and grow and as to what type of people to avoid.

7. Know when to walk away . One of the biggest mistakes made in ending a relationship isallowing the final death throes to go on and on. And on. And on. And on. It's one thing to finalize shared expenses, disentangle community property, etc. It's another thing to beat a dead horse endlessly.

8. Don't try to remain friends . Trying to "be friends" can prolong the agony of a breakup.Most often, it is best to make a clean break and spend time apart. After a time, perhaps three months, perhaps a year ormore, when you see one another, it won't hurt as much, and maybe then you can try to be friends with a clean slate. Even then, be sensitive and respectful about what your ex needs––she or may need more time than you. If that's the case, don't just foist yourself on the ex in an attempt to become friends some time later.

www.freedatingtalks..com or www.facebook.com/datingnlove

2 Likes

Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by cklass(f): 2:53am On Dec 19, 2012
at the end of the day you're still going to leave
weather you take the fast or slow route all ends up in LEAVING!!

wAste of time, A partner'z who's mind is made up is made up grin grin grin
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Mynd44: 7:28am On Dec 19, 2012
How about you send the person an e-mail saying you are no longer interested and not call the person anymore? If the person calls you, answer it and tell him/her not to again cos you don't think it is appropiate and get on with your life
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by shizzle11(m): 9:15am On Dec 19, 2012
^y e-mail? Wrong button! That would be rude and insulting. Best thing is to invite †ђξ person for a chat and talk it over
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by slimming: 11:45am On Dec 19, 2012
Great
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Mygoldie(f): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2012
slimming: Great
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by dabrake(m): 11:49am On Dec 19, 2012
Too much story. Tell her you just lost your job. It will work anytime

12 Likes

Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Korrection(m): 11:49am On Dec 19, 2012
you cant quit with ease if its a real relationship..some level of emotions must be involved so quit the instructions.....
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by alienware(m): 11:50am On Dec 19, 2012
You are here writting about relationship, forgetting the earth will soon be scourched clean by a solar flare.
Go prepare an undergound cave and hide with yoour families.
you moderators like putting anything boy/girl,relationship,dating on front page. Why ?

1 Like

Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 19, 2012
Bla bla bla, break up na break up.
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by sucess001(m): 11:51am On Dec 19, 2012
What about just telling the person you have Aids or that you bedwet? saves you the stress of all those listed formulae jo! grin cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by realmscape: 11:51am On Dec 19, 2012
9th to comment....retrogression
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2012
Hmmm........e be like say this Christmas go be break-up month. Guys dey vex ooh.
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 19, 2012
for men, just get another girlfriend , invite them both to a bar and let them fight it out, as the fight is on take ur car key and drive off.

gudluck. grin

8 Likes

Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 11:55am On Dec 19, 2012
Tanx 2da poster, cos i av bin tinkin about ao am gonna breakup easily wit diz gurl.. And i dont get it, but now seem am gonna do somtin.
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by alienware(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2012
just went through your profile and discover everything you post here is all about relationship.
relationship freak ! i bet you single and need a man badly. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Uchenna42(m): 11:56am On Dec 19, 2012
undecided^^
Seriously??....
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Dermie: 11:57am On Dec 19, 2012
9. Choose a good date.
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by alienware(m): 11:58am On Dec 19, 2012
why didn't you upload your pic ? grumpy old woman grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by yomalex(m): 11:59am On Dec 19, 2012
God help you, if she tear for you
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Rooneyboy(m): 11:59am On Dec 19, 2012
I hv got no experience in this subject, MrBrownJ where are u
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2012
Okay

Relationship 101.
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by fittty(m): 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2012
undecided

4 Likes

Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2012
991: for men, just get another girlfriend , invite them both to a bar and let them fight it out, as the fight is on take ur car key and drive off.

gudluck. grin

LMAO!!!!!
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2012
alienware: just went through your profile and discover everything you post here is all about relationship.
relationship freak ! i bet you single and need a man badly. grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

You're so somehow, if you're not interested then why come to the Romance forum in the 1st place?? Mcheeew!

alienware: why didn't you upload your pic ? grumpy old woman grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

Wetin u wan user her picture do? You're just a Sadist! You seem to have a terrible attitude!
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2012
dabrake: Too much story. Tell her you just lost your job. It will work anytime

I see where you are going. Are women money wise in a relationship
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2012
I think this is great, don't mind them haters!
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by goldenval(m): 12:08pm On Dec 19, 2012
How to end the dam relationship is very simple, it works for me why not you?... Simply told her or him that you have tested "HIV positive" smiley
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
alienware: just went through your profile and discover everything you post here is all about relationship.

Op, why are you this wiickend
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by luckgood(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2012
DUMPEE grin...NA WA O! I WONDER WHY DIZ KIND OF TEACHING IS COMING OUT NOW THAT WE ARE IN THE SEASON OF SHARING.
Re: How To Quit A Relationship With Ease by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
NANSENSE!!!! angry

You arent talking about staying in peace rather you are stressing parting in pieces.

What kinda girls are we breeding nowadays?

BACHELORS! BAD GIRL SCARE !!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xvideos Really Getting Out Of Hand! / Why Do Girls Like To Be Held While Sleeping. / Who Makes You Vex? Nairaland Version

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.