Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies (10716 Views)

Buhari Sacks 24 Director-Generals Of Parastatals And Agencies / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / List Of Agencies And Departments Under Fayemi, As A Minister Of Solid Minerals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by mosunade(f): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2012
Why are they not saying this policy is a ploy to enrich INNOSON, just like they shouted about the imported sugar policy, they said it was a ploy to enrich Dangote. Double standards. Now I know not to take some people serious anymore.

3 Likes

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 21, 2012
val_dee: A good step but in the wrong direction.

Why not start with vegetable oil. We can easily meet the local demand but the imported ones has and are still forcing local producers out of business.

Cement nko. The list is endless but they started with cars.

I hope it works though but ...

Time will tell.

This oga Jona sef

wtf! who would have thought we still import vegetable oil in Nigeria despite the thousands of acres of oil palm field.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by solomon111(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2012
Menh!
Innoson is about to hammar.
He should enlist in the NSE,for people to get shares.
I wouldn't mind buying his shares.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Nosyke(m): 8:07am On Dec 21, 2012
Wow, this is great news. Just last Sunday, I saw an 18 seater bus and on close inspection, behold it was Innoson, frankly speaking I was very happy and I said to myself I hope the Government will adopt the Innoson brand as Official cars just like the US uses Chevys and Ford Cars.
If only this would be implemented to the latter.

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by solomon111(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2012
mosun_ade: Why are they not saying this policy is a ploy to enrich INNOSON, just like they shouted about the imported sugar policy, they said it was a ploy to enrich Dangote. Double standards. Now I know not to take some people serious anymore.
The difference is that dangote has created a reputation of employing negative market tactics to stifle local competitiveness.
He dosen't want other Nigerians to enjoy what he is enjoying.

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by FlamingGun: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2012
Great news, provided it is properly implemented.

Hopefully, this will not turn out to be another "cassava bread" cool
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by aglomar: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2012
If importation will end next 2 weeks then production should have since started.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by ojeniyi1: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2012
We are currently assembly cars
we aingat automobile manufacturing plant yet in this country but we can force the japanesse,iranian and chinesse automobile company to build plants here in Nigeria.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by DisGuy: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2012
mosun_ade: Why are they not saying this policy is a ploy to enrich INNOSON, just like they shouted about the imported sugar policy, they said it was a ploy to enrich Dangote. Double standards. Now I know not to take some people serious anymore.

true

solomon111: The difference is that dangote has created a reputation of employing negative market tactics to stifle local competitiveness.
He dosen't want other Nigerians to enjoy what he is enjoying.

such as?... rumours rumours
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by DisGuy: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2012
ojeniyi.:
We are currently assembly cars
we aingat automobile manufacturing plant yet in this country but we can force the japanesse,iranian and chinesse automobile company to build plants here in Nigeria.

you want them to sap all overof our 4000MW finish?

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by vanessara: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2012
They won't mind the sanction
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 21, 2012
saxywale:

wtf! who would have thought we still import vegetable oil in Nigeria despite the thousands of acres of oil palm field.

There are so many malaysian branded "turkey" oil in the Nigerian market.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by solomon111(m): 8:16am On Dec 21, 2012
Dis Guy:

true

such as?... rumours rumours
There was a case where dangote sued ibeto on behalf of the FG for importing cement into the country.
The FG dissociated itself from the lawsuit,and the case was thrown out.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by DisGuy: 8:19am On Dec 21, 2012
solomon111: There was a case where dangote sued ibeto on behalf of the FG for importing cement into the country.
The FG dissociated itself from the lawsuit,and the case was thrown out.

they imported more than their quota, they were all given time scales to start producing cement INSIDE the country to continue enjoying their importation qquota; but Ibeto prefers to just import and blames everything on the mallam; who is investing heavily in locally, baboon dey work monkey dey chop
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by laykhorn(m): 8:20am On Dec 21, 2012
Good news...
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by onyewec3: 8:22am On Dec 21, 2012
2015 please come quick becuase am hunger to vote for GEJ
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by nezpablo: 8:24am On Dec 21, 2012
FG shld stop their hide and seek game. This policy is a ruse as FG will not patronize Innoson or whatever. Though,it is a good policy but may not happen.Pls do nt be carried away. Let FG buy like 800 cars for each states MDAs,then,we can say they are fulfilling d policy
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2012
Dis Guy:

you want them to sap all over 4000MW finish?

Haha grin. That is why it's so important for power generation and supply to increase dramatically. Like I've said in another thread, at least 80,000 MW of power has to be generated, transmitted and distributed for an industrial revolution to take place in Naija.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by phemieojelabi: 8:28am On Dec 21, 2012
floriana: This president is a merchant of death. 2013, the year many government officials will die from sub-standard vehicles accident
If don't av a Gud contribution,Y WABBLING ur tongue tru ur system u shud check anoda topic on d Forum rather than making such contributin.Pple lyk u av no meaningful Quota 2 contribute as regards this nation up-liftment n economic growth !
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by solomon111(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2012
nezpablo: FG shld stop their hide and seek game. This policy is a ruse as FG will not patronize Innoson or whatever. Though,it is a good policy but may not happen.Pls do nt be carried away. Let FG buy like 800 cars for each states MDAs,then,we can say they are fulfilling d policy
why should FG buy cars for state MDAs?
Smh.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by solomon111(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2012
CFCfan:

Haha grin. That is why it's so important for power generation and supply to increase dramatically. Like I've said in another thread, at least 80,000 MW of power has to be generated, transmitted and distributed for an industrial revolution to take place in Naija.
if the Nigerian market of these foreign car companies are threatened,they would be forced to come and invest in our power-sector to enable them manufacture in the country.
Afterall,the power-sector is already undergoing privatization.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by stallion2: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2012
floriana: This president is a merchant of death. 2013, the year many government officials will die from sub-standard vehicles accident
the choper that crashed in bayelsa was it made in nigeria? or substandard?

4 Likes

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by mosunade(f): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2012
nezpablo: FG shld stop their hide and seek game. This policy is a ruse as FG will not patronize Innoson or whatever. Though,it is a good policy but may not happen.Pls do nt be carried away. Let FG buy like 800 cars for each states MDAs,then,we can say they are fulfilling d policy

The FG to buy cars for states? LOL. Some people dont use their brain.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by honeric01(m): 8:37am On Dec 21, 2012
Dis Guy:

erm they produce about 8000 vehicles annually

800 cars annually?
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by wawaboy1(m): 8:38am On Dec 21, 2012
Innoson should start producing jets for our guvs And other politicians.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 21, 2012
Pls jona also ban d buying of foreign private jet only local jet forged by otueke blacksmith wil b allowed.if fear go let una enta plane again.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by kaeto(m): 8:44am On Dec 21, 2012
Big FOOL!

2 Likes

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2012
@solomon111: If the foreign car manufacturers have to build their own power plants, their cars are going to be soo expensive, in fact, more expensive than Innoson that relies on generators.

It will be better if the car companies focus solely on vehicle production, and utility companies provide the electricity.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by jaymichael(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2012
so what will now become of foreign cars in the possession of the MDAs ? does that mean that they will decommission all of those and and spend scarce funds on the procurement of new vehicles? they should have been allowed to continue using the foreign vehicles but banned from procuring same. any new procurement will be Nigerian made, with time, the foreign vehicles will be phased out without the need for expensive total replacements.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by kaeto(m): 8:50am On Dec 21, 2012
a1solution: Are they manufacturin car in Nigeria or assembling? Cos i knw at the moment Naija cannot manufacture motor cycle talkless of car.
That is Nigeria now, here in the east, i mean alaigbo, we manufacture(IVM and Coscharis) to the last bolts and nuts, forget the parts importation hoax, i'm a living witness.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by mosunade(f): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2012
jaymichael: so what will now become of foreign cars in the possession of the MDAs ? does that mean that they will decommission all of those and and spend scarce funds on the procurement of new vehicles? they should have been allowed to continue using the foreign vehicles but banned from procuring same. any new procurement will be Nigerian made, with time, the foreign vehicles will be phased out without the need for expensive total replacements.

Did they say they should not use the ones in their possession? abi you didnt even read the story.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by chronique(m): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2012
Good development.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Near Self Sufficiency In Power Generation / Umahi Holds Rally In Ebonyi, Gives 3,480 Youths ₦2.6 Billion Startup Capital / I Don't Believe In Local Govt. Autonomy - LCDA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.