Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies (10714 Views)

Buhari Sacks 24 Director-Generals Of Parastatals And Agencies / FG Bans Importation Of ‘I-Pass-My-Neighbour’ Generators / List Of Agencies And Departments Under Fayemi, As A Minister Of Solid Minerals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Onlytruth(m): 7:00am On Dec 22, 2012
It is always very self evident that majority of Yoruba are incapable of objectivity, or able to rise about tribal envy and recidivism.
Just take a look at this thread, the only Northerner that commented on it (haka_nai) was able to rise above tribal sentiment to make a more balanced post; but check out comments by Yoruba posters.
I don't blame those who believe that Yorubas are Nigeria's arch problem.

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Onlytruth(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2012
Great move GEJ!
This move should snowball other moves to localize the economy of production in Nigeria, and in doing so frontally confront job creation.
I know there is a political gain too there, but I would always welcome political gains attached to REAL national development strategy.
What is killing Nigeria is the inability of politicians to tie their interests (in getting votes) to the broader national interest( in creating jobs etc).
Any engineer from any part of Nigeria can secure a job at Innoson if he/she is good. Other vehicle manufacturing plants can also spring up. The business is not for the faint of heart though, but Innoson has set a good example.
Because of this latest move, I say again JONA NA AWA MAN. cool

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by laykhorn(m): 8:20am On Dec 22, 2012
Onlytruth: It is always very self evident that majority of Yoruba are incapable of objectivity, or able to rise about tribal envy and recidivism.
Just take a look at this thread, the only Northerner that commented on it (haka_nai) was able to rise above tribal sentiment to make a more balanced post; but check out comments by Yoruba posters.
I don't blame those who believe that Yorubas are Nigeria's arch problem.
Why turn this tribal? I'm Yoruba and I'm behind this. Infact, the vehicles have the highest frequency in the South-West with the all the state govt. bringing them into MassTransit schemes. Economicaly inclined brains know its a good move
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by laykhorn(m): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2012
Onlytruth: Great move GEJ!
This move should snowball other moves to localize the economy of production in Nigeria, and in doing so frontally confront job creation.
I know there is a political gain too there, but I would always welcome political gains attached to REAL national development strategy.
What is killing Nigeria is the inability of politicians to tie their interests (in getting votes) to the broader national interest( in creating jobs etc).
Any engineer from any part of Nigeria can secure a job at Innoson if he/she is good. Other vehicle manufacturing plants can also spring up. The business is not for the faint of heart though, but Innoson has set a good example.
Because of this latest move, I say again JONA NA AWA MAN. cool
This was not about GEJ but the FG ministry of trade led by a Yoruba man(u just claimed us tribal bigots) named Olusegun Aganga

1 Like

Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Demdem(m): 9:13am On Dec 22, 2012
laykhorn:
Why turn this tribal? I'm Yoruba and I'm behind this. Infact, the vehicles have the highest frequency in the South-West with the all the state govt. bringing them into MassTransit schemes. Economicaly inclined brains know its a good move

Onlylies is the chief tribal bigot of nairaland so it shouldn't surprise u.
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by laykhorn(m): 5:23pm On Dec 22, 2012
Demdem:

Onlylies is the chief tribal bigot of nairaland so it shouldn't surprise u.
now i get it.. Saw an opportunity to blast yorubas
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thats not how it is. Ibeto got a court order to import to 2017. Justifyn d unlawful closure of company by obasanjo. Dangote felt threatened.

they imported more than their quota, they were all given time scales to start producing cement INSIDE the country to continue enjoying their importation qquota; but Ibeto prefers to just import and blames everything on the mallam; who is investing heavily in locally, baboon dey work monkey dey chop[/quote]
Re: FG Bans Foreign Cars For Ministries, Departments And Agencies by Demdem(m): 8:12am On Jan 31, 2013
Chairman of INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Co. Ltd, the first automobile manufacturing plant in the country, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, has lamented the low patronage of the company’s products by both the government and the people of Nigeria.
Chukwuma said this Friday evening when the National Good Governance Tour team visited the plant in Nnewi , Anambra State.
He stated that the people and government of Nigeria have refused to appreciate and patronise locally-made products irrespective of the fact that some are of better quality.
The chairman also said that vehicles produced in the plant were more durable and cheaper compared to the imported vehicles.
“The vehicles can be purchased for as low as N1.7million, and the company has certification from the National Automotive Council (NAC), the Nigeria Society of Engineers (NSE) and the Standards Organisation of Nigeria (SON),” he said.
Chukwuma added that some government agencies do not also patronise his company’s product even when government agencies from another countries orders for the products.
“Exporting of the IVM vehicles has already commenced. Ghana, for instance, has ordered 200 units of these vehicles and here in the country, the Chief of Army Staffrecently ordered 20 units. We approached the Abuja Environmental Protection Agency (AEPA) to patronise waste disposalbins manufactured by the company, but surprisingly the agency still imports them from Germany. I even provided the agencywith a truck load of complimentary waste bins for a trial,” he said.

Meanwhile, the Minister of Information Labaran Maku has said that there was need to ban importation of fairly used vehicles into the country so as to encourage the local manufacturers and help them to remain in business.
The minister noted that if 30 per cent of the vehicles purchased in Nigeria were sourced from the company, it would be able to expand and meet the demand in the country.
Maku also urged Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of government to implement the resolution of the Federal Government to patronise the company.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigeria-first-automobile-manufacturer-laments-low-patronage/137593/

i thought the retardeen through his ministers banned foreign vehicles i knew this wont work properly until u have a leader that leads by example and expressed such thoughts. Fools like dacrazy and onlylies went on the offensive. Idiots.

Demdem: Good initiative no doubt. i have always been advocating for this however i dont think it will work. I also dont think the retardeen is sincere.
The day i see him give up his fleet of presidential benz limousines/sedans of all kinds littering Aso grounds and replace them all to Innosuns and their kind, then i will take him serious.
he is the head, he should lead and woe betide anyone within government that does otherwise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Battles Ghost Workers, Pays Staff In Cash / Israeli Secret Service Agent Guarding Nnamdi Kanu(pics) / “Why I Sponsored Correctional Service Bill” – Senator Andy Uba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.