Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,192 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures (7321 Views)

He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Atheists Are More "Moral" Than Christians/muslims (the Evidence). Do You Accept? / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by turnstoner(m): 8:48pm On Dec 27, 2012
So far, no creationist has repudiated the assertion (as they have done previously on this and other threads) that the theory of evolution is a scientific fact cheesy
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by turnstoner(m): 9:09pm On Dec 27, 2012
davidylan:

how? Please explain how DNA lends credence to the theory of evolution.

allow me to evaluate this - "it smacks of gross ignorance to equate the study of fossils to the theory of evolution" . . . this is quite baffling. The theory of evolution requires a fossil record as concrete evidence. To suggest that somehow the fossil record is completely divorced from the theory of evolution is absolute crap and clear evidence you have no idea what you are talking about.

Even primary school pupils now know that all living things are propagated or reproduced by means of eggs or seeds consisting of genes or chromosomes which are made of DNA (isn't it an irony that an adult who claims to be a biologist doesn't understand the implication of this fact?). In other words all living things whether plants or animals can be reduced to a common chemical formular: the DNA (Deoxyribose nucleic acid).

We are all nothing but a collection of chemical compounds, brains and all. The difference between a Rabbit and a human is only a matter of rearrangement or resequencing of DNA! Its as simple as that.

Why is it so far-fetched to assume that all living things must have evolved from a common ancestor?
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2012
turnstoner:

Even primary school pupils now know that all living things are propagated or reproduced by means of eggs or seeds consisting of genes or chromosomes which are made of DNA (isn't it an irony that an adult who claims to be a biologist doesn't understand the implication of this fact?). In other words all living things whether plants or animals can be reduced to a common chemical formular: the DNA (Deoxyribose nucleic acid).

We are all nothing but a collection of chemical compounds, brains and all. The difference between a Rabbit and a human is only a matter of rearrangement or resequencing of DNA! Its as simple as that.

Why is it so far-fetched to [size=15pt]assume[/size] that all living things must have evolved from a common ancestor?

I didnt understand your logic here. You seemed to just go on a ramble and ended up saying exactly nothing. How does DNA help you ASSUME that you evolved from a common ancestor? Please lucidly advance that argument.

To say that the difference between a rabbit and a human is a mere rearrangement of DNA is evidence that you probably have never gone beyond high school biology.

For all your empty bluster, your argument here can be boiled down to this - humans and plants possess DNA, DNA is thus the common unit of life... hence plants and animals must have evolved from the same ancestor! Can you explain how animals and plants could have evolved from the same ancestor considering plant DNA is absolutely nothing close to human DNA?
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2012
turnstoner: So far, no creationist has repudiated the assertion (as they have done previously on this and other threads) that the theory of evolution is a scientific fact cheesy

No atheist has logically defended this assertion either beyond throwing empty faith-based claims here and there.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
davidylan:

No atheist has logically defended this assertion either beyond throwing empty faith-based claims here and there.

No one should waste his time with creationist-biologist Davidylan. He has already been destroyed on evolution long ago grin
https://www.nairaland.com/922920/destruction-creationists-olaadegbu-brainpulse-bigd4050
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

No one should waste his time with creationist-biologist Davidylan. He has already been destroyed on evolution long ago grin
https://www.nairaland.com/922920/destruction-creationists-olaadegbu-brainpulse-bigd4050

You shld just have said you have no answers to the questions we have posed to you for the last 1 yr. About time to give your online empty jingoism a rest. The rest of us have jobs.

1 Like

Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 27, 2012
davidylan:

You shld just have said you have no answers to the questions we have posed to you for the last 1 yr. About time to give your online empty jingoism a rest. The rest of us have jobs.

I answered you questions on that thread and debunked you!

You and the OP have been caught making ignorant statements on evolution. I have learnt that wasting time with people that argue against hardcore evidence is not worth it.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

You and the OP have been caught making ignorant statements on evolution. I have learnt that wasting time with people that argue against hardcore evidence is not worth it.

You've become a standing joke. Besides... crying "debunk" at every one isnt proof that you truly know what you are talking about.
Secondly, since when did you realize that arguing in the face of "hardcore evidence" is not worth it? you've been practically living on these pages for over a year its sometimes a wonder that you have time to brush your teeth in the morning.

On a side note... i would be very happy to see your "hardcore evidence". It appears your buddy turnstoner has no ideas and is probably ferreting the internet for links to copy/paste as we speak.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by turnstoner(m): 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Thanks. Indeed I am surprised to see he is posting again. He had agreed previously that where logic is concerned, creationists/religionists have no case. Maybe he has regained his second wind, like the proverbial cuckold that was dealt a near death blow!?

1 Like

Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by turnstoner(m): 9:44pm On Dec 27, 2012
davidylan:

You've become a standing joke. Besides... crying "debunk" at every one isnt proof that you truly know what you are talking about.
Secondly, since when did you realize that arguing in the face of "hardcore evidence" is not worth it? you've been practically living on these pages for over a year its sometimes a wonder that you have time to brush your teeth in the morning.

On a side note... i would be very happy to see your "hardcore evidence". It appears your buddy turnstoner has no ideas and is probably ferreting the internet for links to copy/paste as we speak.

I don't ferret from the internet. All my posts are off the cuff!
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 27, 2012
turnstoner:

Thanks. Indeed I am surprised to see he is posting again. He had agreed previously that where logic is concerned, creationists/religionists have no case. Maybe he has regained his second wind, like the proverbial cuckold that was dealt a near death blow!?

As usual, duck when you cannot answer your to your own verbose nonsense.

I agree that religion has very little to do with human logic. The bible admits that much.

I just asked that you explain your logic that led you to assume that humans AND plants evolved from a common ancestor. Or perhaps your assumption here is based on "faith"?
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2012
turnstoner:

I don't ferret from the internet. All my posts are off the cuff!

Oh ok... you must have no idea what you're talking about then since your "off the cuff" comments make no sense from the perspective of SSCE biology. See above.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by turnstoner(m): 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2012
davidylan:

Oh ok... you must have no idea what you're talking about then since your "off the cuff" comments make no sense from the perspective of SSCE biology. See above.

Fortunately, besides you there are other readers of our posts. It is they that I address. You, I have learned, are not susceptible to logic cool
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 27, 2012
turnstoner:

Fortunately, besides you there are other readers of our posts. It is they that I address. You, I have learned, are not susceptible to logic cool

and pray what "logic" have you addressed to them? undecided
Obviously i have better things to do than engaging ignorant folks who disguise their own ineptitude with feigned disinterest.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by honeychild(f): 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2012
Logicboy03:

Who is the ignorant one? You did not even know that there was some uncertainty about your precious KN E R 1813.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2012
honeychild:

Who is the ignorant one? You did not even know that there was some uncertainty about your precious KN E R 1813.

Feel free to quote me as supporting evidence
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by honeychild(f): 11:49pm On Dec 27, 2012
honeychild:

Well like I pointed out a couple of posts ago, scientists are not really too sure what exactly it is. It may be a homo erectus, homo ergaster or homo habilis.

(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Logicboy03(m): 12:50am On Dec 25

lies
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by UyiIredia(m): 4:47pm On Dec 28, 2012
turnstoner: Uyi Iredia and honeychild are way way out of their depth in this matter, but don't know it! They think they are making sense because there are respondents ready to indulge them sad.

And you are supposed to be making sense undecided
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by UyiIredia(m): 4:57pm On Dec 28, 2012
turnstoner:
Why is it so far-fetched to assume that all living things must have evolved from a common ancestor?

No one has seen it happen, insurmountable pathways, ineffectual evolutionary mechanism etc.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

No one has seen it happen, insurmountable pathways, ineffectual evolutionary mechanism etc.

lolz....yet you are arguing for a god that no one has seen, no logical argument for him exists and the bible is ineffectual.

Common descent has enough evidence. You are free to be ignorant.

God has none. You cant point to any physical evidence for god.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

lolz....yet you are arguing for a god that no one has seen, no logical argument for him exists and the bible is ineffectual.

you miss the point. No one is arguing that religion is the bastion of human logic... however the problem is when atheists like yourself try to babble on that your disbelief is somehow anchored on some logical scientific reasoning.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by UyiIredia(m): 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Actually common descent has no evidence. The fossil record lacks one transitional species. In fact a new theory - punctuated equilibrium - was made precisely because of that. I can easily point to the order of things in Nature as a basis for inferring God. You know the funny thing is your reply wasn't germane to my comments. You didn't tackle the points I listed.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Actually common descent has no evidence. The fossil record lacks one transitional species. In fact a new theory - punctuated equilibrium - was made precisely because of that. I can easily point to the order of things in Nature as a basis for inferring God. You know the funny thing is your reply wasn't germane to my comments. You didn't tackle the points I listed.

Have you heard of DNA?

mtchew
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Have you heard of DNA?

mtchew

I note that your responses to Uyi's PINPOINT queries are mostly irrelevant one-liners that are so puzzling with regard to how exactly they pertain to the post you are quoting. It really isnt compulsory to respond to EVERY post particularly if you really have nothing to say.

Turnstoner raised the "DNA" issue yesterday as well and i remember getting no response back when i asked this simple question - plants have DNA just as man does... should that be "evidence" for common descent too?
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by UyiIredia(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Have you heard of DNA?

mtchew

Yes I have. So what about it.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

I note that your responses to Uyi's PINPOINT queries are mostly irrelevant one-liners that are so puzzling with regard to how exactly they pertain to the post you are quoting. It really isnt compulsory to respond to EVERY post particularly if you really have nothing to say.

Turnstoner raised the "DNA" issue yesterday as well and i remember getting no response back when i asked this simple question - plants have DNA just as man does... should that be "evidence" for common descent too?

So how does plant having DNA destroy common descent if the theory is that all life came from unicellular organisms?
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 28, 2012
Uyi Iredia:

Yes I have. So what about it.

Link it with common descent
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

So how does plant having DNA destroy common descent if the theory is that all life came from unicellular organisms?

How does your theory support common descent between animals and plants?
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

How does your theory support common descent between animals and plants?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Why do I have the feeling that once I answer this ignorant question with evidence, the evidence will be overlooked to ask another ignorant question?

De ja vu or historical evidence of stupidity from creationists? hmm?
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Why do I have the feeling that once I answer this ignorant question with evidence, the evidence will be overlooked to ask another ignorant question?

De ja vu or historical evidence of stupidity from creationists? hmm?

Yawn. Please provide the evidence already. undecided
this delay, punt and feign disinterest tactic is getting old.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by UyiIredia(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2012
davidylan:

Yawn. Please provide the evidence already. undecided
this delay, punt and feign disinterest tactic is getting old.

Chances are his evidence will be a quote from Wikipedia.
Re: Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures by UyiIredia(m): 5:58pm On Dec 28, 2012
Logicboy03:

Link it with common descent

Let him answer. BTW you link it with common descent and I will tell you why you are wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What If You Found Out That Fasting Has Nothing To Do With Food ? / Christian Evangelist Dismantles Atheism With One Scientific Question / Musings As An Agnostic Deist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.