Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How An American Lady Converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How An American Lady Converted To Islam (31209 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by 13volts(m): 3:39am On Dec 26, 2012
English 5 Jan 2011 ... British university report concludes number of converts has nearly doubled in the last decade to about ...
www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2011/01...
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by 13volts(m): 3:40am On Dec 26, 2012
Women & Islam: The rise and rise of the convert - Home News - UK ... 6 Nov 2011 ... Record numbers of young, white British women are converting to Islam, yet many are reporting a lack ...
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-ne...
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by BetaThings: 3:46am On Dec 26, 2012
huni_naija: How is it possible to convert to islam? Don't you have to be born into the religion to be considered a true muslim?
This is a myth!
Considered by who? The imam who does not know whether I truly fast or not? or who doe snot know whether I pray regularly. Nobody knows if I prayed at the office or outside when I went for lunch
That is one reason we don't confess to human beings. We only confess to Allah.
Point: Only Allah knows a true muslim and no one can judge another. Everyone will be judged on the day of resurrection by Allah

BTW the Muslims at the time of Prophet Muhammad(PBUH)were even converted. So who is better than them that will now say abc are not true muslims

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by vanstanzy(m): 3:47am On Dec 26, 2012
Heatblast: prediction: lots of bans would be given out before the end of today grin

Seuns' islamic moderator will definitely c 2 that. I predict same too.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Gombs(m): 3:50am On Dec 26, 2012
Why is this on the front page?....ummmm, mod, imagine how many bans n hidden posts Ʊ'd get on this thread,hence making it useless and utterly irrelevant on the front page

Ʊ fit ban mε or hide my post,but say an AMERICAN became a muslim (however means it happened) is now a headline?

Like seriously?....

*stammering ΐϞ disbelief

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by phoneport(m): 3:53am On Dec 26, 2012
A true Muslim should not pick offense when people ignorantly abuse the Prophet.
And even when they do it on purpose, what then must they ( the true Muslim) do?
Why are Muslims not always comfortable with Christians even when they both claim to come from Abraham?
Are the Taliban's, Boko Haram's and the like True Muslims?
If not why can't the Islamic world especially Nigerian Muslims come openly to denounce them and be straight once and for all.
I think it is high time we all face reality and stop covering issues the Nigerian style and trying to wish it all away.
Then may when these fundamental issues are answered, then people can begin to have a clear view of the matter without any form of fallacy of ambiguity and misinformation of religious bigotry.
Let's clear the air for once and stop meandering.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Gombs(m): 4:07am On Dec 26, 2012
*Singing ill bliss ft phyno ♬

Mmu ana ga fe godu, nwannem kotosha iru

Mmu ana ga fe godu, mmu akotosha iru ♬

Mmu ana ga fe godu, nwannem kotosha iru

Mmu ana ga fe godu, mmu akotosha iru

Anam achi kwanu

Anam achi kwanu ♬

Anam achi kwanu

Ifu ukwu ezem ♪

*makin movements like Phyno......

Ummm mod, congrats to †ђξ new convert, meanwhile join me

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Sholly121: 4:09am On Dec 26, 2012
Converted to muslim? And so what, make I go sleep with crocodile? Nonsense
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by BetaThings: 4:10am On Dec 26, 2012
phoneport: A true Muslim should not pick offense when people ignorantly abuse the Prophet.
Why are Muslims not always comfortable with Christians even when they both claim to come from Abraham?
If not why can't the Islamic world especially Nigerian Muslims come openly to denounce them and be straight once and for all.
I think it is high time we all face reality and stop covering issues the Nigerian style and trying to wish it all away.
Then may when these fundamental issues are answered, then people can begin to have a clear view of the matter without any form of fallacy of ambiguity and misinformation of religious bigotry.
If you are sincere just google nairaland, you will see numerous condemnations of Boko Haram by Muslims
I know that if a negative story about Islam is reported in Australia, I will read about it here within hours
Somehow Nigerians never hear that Muslims denounce Boko Haram even when Nigerian papers report such?

8 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ekereku: 4:15am On Dec 26, 2012
An Arabian Lady saw the way Muslims (especially boko haram) were killing innocent people, picked a copy of the Bible, read it, did not see why we should kill our fellow man like that, and converted to Christianity.

9 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by rbjimoh: 4:28am On Dec 26, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]
zameen: Salam, Pls help with links where I can read motivating Islamic articles as I'm currently lossing my faith.

Thanks
. Assalamu alaykum. Log on www.islamicbullentin.com or surf through the internet, you'll a whole things about Islam that help you with your faith. Salamun alaykum waramatullah
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by BetaThings: 4:30am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to he religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of a Christians festival. What a tactics.

Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services
4. Preach in the bus
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.

Night vigil is not a Christian tradition. It has always been a Muslim practice. It is being done in congregation these days to encourage people to do it more. It is supposed to be personal affair in each person's home EVERY day. A muslim is supposed to sleep for only 2/3rds of the night. 1/3rd is to be spent in prayer

:
Qur'an 73, 1: 7
1. O you wrapped in garments (i.e. Prophet Muhammad )!
2. Stand (to pray) all night, except a little.
3. Half of it, or a little less than that,
4. Or a little more; and recite the Qur'an (aloud) in a slow, (pleasant tone and) style .
5. Verily, We shall send down to you a weighty Word (i.e. obligations, legal laws, etc.).
6. Verily, the rising by night (for Tahajjud prayer) is very hard and most potent and good for governing (the soul), and most suitable for (understanding) the Word (of Allah).
7. Verily, there is for you by day prolonged occupation with ordinary duties

:
Qur'an 17, 78:79
78. Establish prayer at the decline of the sun [from its meridian] until the darkness of the night and [also] the Qur'an of dawn. Indeed, the recitation of dawn is ever witnessed
79. And from [part of] the night, pray with it as additional [worship] for you; it is expected that your Lord will resurrect you to a praised station.

:
Qur'an 17, 78:79
16. They arise from [their] beds; they supplicate their Lord in fear and aspiration, and from what We have provided them, they spend.

Muslims have never accused Christians of going to Camp or Jerusalem as "copying of Muslims' Hajj"
It was easy to hold evening lectures on Thursdays in the past. With people getting home at 9pm or later, such activities are now done on Sundays. If Friday were a workfree day, Muslims would hold lectures on that day
Throwing of bangers etc is an innovation that is condemned by Muslim Scholars. It is even against the law in Nigeria
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20843555

12 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by amor4ce(m): 4:35am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by hoc2(m): 4:35am On Dec 26, 2012
zameen: Salam, Pls help with links where I can read motivating Islamic articles as I'm currently lossing my faith.

Thanks
which faith re u lossing, is for church or christainity because dere fun in the church o
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by omiobo: 4:36am On Dec 26, 2012
SMH!......... Converted to muslim. And so fuvckin what?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ezeagu(m): 4:38am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to he religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of a Christians festival. What a tactics.

Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services
4. Preach in the bus
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.

And which one of those things did your ancestors create? Never adopted nothing from Islam including Universities and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Estrada(m): 4:41am On Dec 26, 2012
Well, itz jst a pity for d American lady. She's jst anoda lost soul added to a growing list. I hope she knows the devil r/apes his children wen he's bored. #JesusIsKingOfKings.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ezeagu(m): 4:42am On Dec 26, 2012
ekereku: An Arabian Lady saw the way Muslims (especially boko haram) were killing innocent people, picked a copy of the Bible, read it, did not see why we should kill our fellow man like that, and converted to Christianity.

And then she proceeded to nail things in her daughters head because she originated from the "Marine Kingdom".
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 4:42am On Dec 26, 2012
Almighty Allah(swt) only choses whom HE(swt) so wishes!!!
Alhamdulilah for her!!!

3 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ikachi1: 4:43am On Dec 26, 2012
Load of crap! A lot of Muslims convert to Christainity and there is no such publicity. So what if she converts to Islam? Jesus is Lord forever.

5 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ezeagu(m): 4:43am On Dec 26, 2012
Estrada: Well, itz jst a pity for d American lady. She's jst anoda lost soul added to a growing list. I hope she knows the devil repes his children wen he's bored. #JesusIsKingOfKings.

You don't know anything about what the most powerful energy in the universe thinks about her or anybody, implying that you know is laughable.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by ezeagu(m): 4:44am On Dec 26, 2012
ikachi1: Load do crap! A lot of Muslims convert to Christainity and there is no such publicity. So what if she converts to Islam? Jesus is Lord forever.

Jesus is not God in your religion. Muslims and Christians share the same omnipotent God.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by teniyi(m): 4:49am On Dec 26, 2012
Sholly 121: Converted to muslim? And so what, make I go sleep with crocodile? Nonsense
Yes, you can sleep with dog since crocodile is far away.
A bishop just committed suicide in Germany for not happy that at the high growth rate in Muslim Population over there.

3 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Estrada(m): 4:53am On Dec 26, 2012
ezeagu:

You don't know anything about what the most powerful energy in the universe thinks about her or anybody, implying that you know is laughable.

The most powerful energy remains with Jehovah God Almighty and don't forget that Jesus Christ has conquered the world.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by manny4life(m): 5:02am On Dec 26, 2012
Dancing Gangnam style... top it off with Azonto cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 26, 2012
Thinking out Loud! Tol.

....*what if the lady had been killed by some Islam Extremist - Say Boko Haram, before having an opportunity to be converted to a Muslim.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by talk2me006(m): 5:58am On Dec 26, 2012
vanstanzy: What a pity! That lady has been greatly misled.

One day u wil also appreciate islam and worship the true God if he show u the light and truth.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by talk2me006(m): 6:02am On Dec 26, 2012
i just pray christian should not hav hypertension here.

3 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 26, 2012
@13volts
Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily God hath been to you Most Merciful! If any do that in rancor andinjustice, soon shall We cast them into the Fire: And easy it is for God. Chapter 4 Verse 29 - 30

Narrated Jundab the Prophet said,"A man was inflicted with wounds and he committed suicide, and so Allah said: My slave has caused death on himself hurriedly, so I forbid Paradise for him." (Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 445)

Narrated Thabit bin Ad-Dahhak:"And if somebody commits suicide with anything in this world, he will be tortured with that very thing on the Day of Resurrection. (Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 73)

The condemnation Islam has towards suicide is so grave that it would be unthinkable for its followers to regard sex or VIRGINS as a reward if they were to take their lives.
reading this post has made me say WOW! You mean such is written! I think this narration has been skipped by all those encouraging sui.cide mission. Maybe that is why some of your mu.slim clerics were ki.lled in maiduguri by bh. I wish all those on sui.cide mission get to read this before wasting their lives!

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by talk2me006(m): 6:08am On Dec 26, 2012
phoneport: A true Muslim should not pick offense when people ignorantly abuse the Prophet.
Where were you when many muslim clerics in nigeria disclaim them.i believed ignorance has block ur eyes.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? / Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.