Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

How An American Lady Converted To Islam - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How An American Lady Converted To Islam (31224 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / 18 People Converted To Islam At National Mosque Yesterday / Kuwaiti Prince Abdullah al-Sabah Converted To Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by wellmax(m): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to he religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of a Christians festival. What a tactics.

Has anybody notice the amount of copycatting in Islam?
1. They copied the Bible mainly from the Roman Catholic perspective anyway
2. They preach behind a pulpit on television, with audience sitting on a chair
3. They hold night vigils and Sunday services
4. Preach in the bus
5. Use fireworks/banger during Salah
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.

You couldn't have said it better

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 7:28am On Dec 26, 2012
rajiade:

Inokwa moo!

You call all these "copycatting"?

1. If the Quran was copied from the Roman Catholic's Bible why the unique difference in content nd context?. Moreover, these same catholics to christianity to almost all part of the world, why the hatred and fight against them by present day christianity. Can you (pentecostal and new generation xtians) be better than the real followers (Catholics from Rome n Isreal) of Jesus right frm his days?, Those who saw his birth, knew his origin, knew how he was prosecuted, took down his teachings, saw his life style, formed an association/belief/religion in his name n teachings, and brought this teachings to you?

2. Did Jesus Preach on the pulpit or Peter, Paul, Mathew, Mark etc sat on chairs b4 him?

3. Is Sunday the Sabath day as depicted by the Bible as the day for worship? OR where in the bible was it clearly stated that Vigil is one of the pillars of xtianity? Or did the word originate from the bible? So who ever choose to call on his creator at the middle of d night is copying xtianity. How about ritualist, herbalist, cultist and traditionalist who hold thr activities at the middle of d night?. Moreover, is Vigil an act of the early xtians?

4. What is d purpose of preaching in the bus/ public places? I thought every one is free to stand up say anything as long as your listeners don't shut you up.

5. Fire works and the likes where made to lighten any activty as longa as you wish. Moreover, for as much as I remember, Bangers and the likes are hard to find in Ilaya/ramadan periods. Except if they fall with the last 3 ember month which is wen you get dem for the xmas/new year period. So how can you justify that those who use it are for the ileya/ramadan festivity, and not for the xmas and New year period.

6. And what do you have to say about christians who find blessings in joining the muslims during Ramadan fast and they leave out the lent without observing it.

All your insinuations are childish are pure campaign of calumny.
koran 19:71,72 please read that all muslims will be in hell ,waiting for salvation in hell and no salvation there ,

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by manmacho: 7:29am On Dec 26, 2012
elopee3000: if she like let her convert to buddah or hindu as long she dont have bomb on her waiste, now she is the 73 virgin waiting for taliban sucide bombers ur toto go hear nwiii
This is not a complete gospel of christ. No man can repent of any sin until he has given his life to christ " as many that believe to them GAVE POWER TO BECOME SONS OF GOD. This power to become is what give u the power over sin and all ungodliness. Repenting is good but if u don't accept jesus christ is nothing " our rigtheouness is like a filthy rag before him, self righteousness does not save. There moralist who does not do any of what u mentioned does that make them righteous. The answer is no, we are saved by grace and not work and the righteousness of christ is a gift of God to us. Just like you did not do anything to become a sinner u were made right by God. But u must work out your salvation being born again is not a ticket to sin but the power to live above it. Shalom
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 7:30am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: is there any salvation in islam?remember that all muslims will remain in hell waiting for mohammad to come for their help what about if mohammad couldn't make it means u have been brainwashed and duped of ur life , is not late .ask God to show u the right way and u will find it than to stay in hell waiting for that will not come.

First define salvation and we can start from there.

And where did you get the crap about muslims waiting in hell for muhammad to help?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 7:30am On Dec 26, 2012
rajiade:

Inokwa moo!

You call all these "copycatting"?

1. If the Quran was copied from the Roman Catholic's Bible why the unique difference in content nd context?. Moreover, these same catholics to christianity to almost all part of the world, why the hatred and fight against them by present day christianity. Can you (pentecostal and new generation xtians) be better than the real followers (Catholics from Rome n Isreal) of Jesus right frm his days?, Those who saw his birth, knew his origin, knew how he was prosecuted, took down his teachings, saw his life style, formed an association/belief/religion in his name n teachings, and brought this teachings to you?

2. Did Jesus Preach on the pulpit or Peter, Paul, Mathew, Mark etc sat on chairs b4 him?

3. Is Sunday the Sabath day as depicted by the Bible as the day for worship? OR where in the bible was it clearly stated that Vigil is one of the pillars of xtianity? Or did the word originate from the bible? So who ever choose to call on his creator at the middle of d night is copying xtianity. How about ritualist, herbalist, cultist and traditionalist who hold thr activities at the middle of d night?. Moreover, is Vigil an act of the early xtians?

4. What is d purpose of preaching in the bus/ public places? I thought every one is free to stand up say anything as long as your listeners don't shut you up.

5. Fire works and the likes where made to lighten any activty as longa as you wish. Moreover, for as much as I remember, Bangers and the likes are hard to find in Ilaya/ramadan periods. Except if they fall with the last 3 ember month which is wen you get dem for the xmas/new year period. So how can you justify that those who use it are for the ileya/ramadan festivity, and not for the xmas and New year period.

6. And what do you have to say about christians who find blessings in joining the muslims during Ramadan fast and they leave out the lent without observing it.

All your insinuations are childish are pure campaign of calumny.
koran 19:71,72 please read that all muslims will be in hell ,waiting for salvation in hell and no salvation there ,
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: is there any salvation in islam?remember that all muslims will remain in hell waiting for mohammad to come for their help what about if mohammad couldn't make it means u have been brainwashed and duped of ur life , is not late .ask God to show u the right way and u will find it than to stay in hell waiting for that will not come.

Thou shall not be banned by mactulanji cause you just stated your opinion
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by finicky(m): 7:32am On Dec 26, 2012
With christmas coming now, many people are celebrating it but even many christian do not celebrate christmas .

WHY ? Because they know this is not when the Jesus was born. Christian scholar themselves know that Jesus was not born in winter. Jesus was born in spring.

Quran say in surah Maryam :

when Isa was to be born, Maryam left the town and she sought refuge under a palm tree and Allah command her, " O maryam shake the tree and the fresh date will fall upon you"

So Maryam according to the Quran gave birth to Isa when there were fresh dates on palm tree and that doesn't happen in December, that happen in April/May/June so that is the time Isa was born.

4 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 26, 2012
She may have mental problem.
vanstanzy: What a pity! That lady has been greatly misled.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Burger01(m): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2012
jude33084: Just another CIA in Islam undecided
Correct my guy. Make dem dey deceive themselves. Americans intelligence are penetrating their dangerous clan and they are happy and celebrating. They even brought the topic to front page! Is it to whip up religious sentiment? Mtcheew. Whether she convert or she nor convert wetin concern me. I beg make I enjoy my boxing day o. The topic is best left in the religion or islam section where it belongs...
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by misterh(m): 7:34am On Dec 26, 2012
DanielNoble: the quran was thrown from heaven abi? It was recorded? It wasn't duplicated?
You should read the compilation of the Quran and see the infallibility in it. Moreover, the infallibility of the Quran has been proven in such a way that there are no two versions of Quran. The Quran you find in the Northern part of the world is the same with the same thing in the Southern part.

4 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Rajosh(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2012
Techwriter: I can see the way Christmas is celebrated round the world has become a threat to he religeon of Islam. The funfare (even some muslims in Nigeria participate)makes the Muslims feel they are loosing ground. In other to restore their confidence in the religion, they post threads like this on the front page on a Christmas day-In the peak of a Christians festival. What a tactics.

4. Preach in the bus
etc
All these formerly christian practices have been adopted by Lagos Muslims in a bid to beat the competition. Funny enough christians still dont count them as competitors and have never adopted nothing from Islam.
you forgot to add that they've now started doing white wedding. I've seen this in kano where i stay.

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:35am On Dec 26, 2012
inuyasha01:
no u don't have to be born into islam 2 be a true muslim or are u surprised that people are converting to the only true religion? Just wait and see before your household start converting this also applies to those mocking Islam

Where are they converting to islam? You guys should stop lieng around for christ sake just to see if you can mislead people. If islam remains the only religion on earth I will better go and carve wood and create my own religion by the way when are you going on a sucide bombing mission?
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Alajiki(m): 7:35am On Dec 26, 2012

4. Preach in the bus
etc

1. Only an unserious Muslim will copy anything from Xtiandom. You can Google Quran chapter 112. Just read all the 4 verses; it's not lengthy
2. If it's an open air preaching, yes it's on chairs. if it's inside the mosque, everybody sits on the floor. The pulpit you mentioned is a figment of your imagination. Whoever stands in public to speak and quotes from sources, be it religious or literary, needs a stand to place his books/materials - I don't see when that becomes a 'Xtian thing'.
3. Night vigil?! Quote a bible verse where night vigil was done by Jesus. I can give you several verses in Quran where God Himself enjoins Muslims to hold Tahjud (night vigil)
4. When did preaching in the bus become a 'copyright' issue for Xtians? For all I care, even Ogboni man can do the same...or is there anywhere in the constitution where it's stated that open air preaching, including the ones in buses, be solely for Xtians?
5. It's pathetic that you resorted to complete falsehood to express your disdain for Islam, it's a known fact that the use of fire crackers is outlawed, whether during Xmas or any other period. Purporting that Muslims now use fire crackers at Sallah periods is not only laughable but also depicts you as a desperate, lying religious bigot.

Israel is one of the reference point for Xtianity today...corretct? The population of Muslims in Israel is almost times 10 of Xtians -Google it to check the veracity of my claims. One of the 3 sacred mosques in Islam is in Jerusalem - it's called Al-Aqsa mosque. Ask your brethren who have been to Jerusalem to tell you the truth about their experiences there. I find it laughable when people come to this platform to rant about what they know nothing about...this usually affect people like you who have never left the shores of Nigeria. Despite all the conspiracies against Islam -Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda et al, Islam still remains the fastest-growing religion in the world today. You can also Google this to check. You displeasures about people coming into Islam is vain and it won't stop others, including your parents and siblings, from becoming Muslims tomorrow if God wills.

4 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by RedLight1: 7:37am On Dec 26, 2012
why u bloody christians no dey want muslim topic on frontpage? Shey na only u people dem create nairaland 4? What kinda intolerance be dis na? See as them they flex muscle self mtchew angry

4 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by manmacho: 7:38am On Dec 26, 2012
This is not a complete gospel of christ. No man can repent of any sin until he has given his life to christ " as many that believe to them GAVE POWER TO BECOME SONS OF GOD. This power to become is what give u the power over sin and all ungodliness. Repenting is good but if u don't accept jesus christ is nothing " our rigtheouness is like a filthy rag before him, self righteousness does not save. There moralist who does not do any of what u mentioned does that make them righteous. The answer is no, we are saved by grace and not work and the righteousness of christ is a gift of God to us. Just like you did not do anything to become a sinner u were made right by God. But u must work out your salvation being born again is not a ticket to sin but the power to live above it. Shalom
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by RedLight1: 7:40am On Dec 26, 2012
by the way! How is this a news? People convert to whatever they want everyday, so wetin concern or is it becoz she is american we should not hear word again? angry
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by DMainMan: 7:40am On Dec 26, 2012
Alhamdullilah. All Praise is due to ALLAH, the Lord of the Worlds. May ALLAH make us die as muslims, forgive our sins, and grant us Paradise.

My broders and sisters, dont b surprise y u c some muslims bcoming christians. It is because of:

Research has shown dat africa muslims dat convert to christianity do so solely because of poverty and lack of understanding of dere faith.

Morever, Islam forbids masturbation, alcohol, smoking, fornication, promiscous music, homosexuality and adultery. Generally, most christians do not c these as sins hence some ignorant ones who want to enjoy life convert. Most of dem go to church to seek fun.

In addition, Islam endeavour us to pray 5 times daily, fast 30 days in Ramadan, doin dhikr and Tahajjud. It is totally against soothsaying, shirk, magic, exposing nudity and many more.

Most lazy dudes who do not want to strive to earn reward hence c christianity as an opportunity to do what they want. Not knowin dat dis earth is d Paradise for dem.

Christians believe dere Jesus die to forgive humanity sins. So they can continually commit mischeivous sins since someone as sacrifice his life for there punishment. No wonder y de love inciting war and violence. Wow! Wat a religion. So i can intentionally and continually steal, kill, and do evil without repenting and changing my ways and stil go to heaven. Hahahaha! No wonder y people go to dis christianity to continue dere sins wit d belief dat de wil stil make heaven. I rily pity dem.
(Note: My Prophet Jesus (pbuh) did not die nor was he crucified. ALLAH ascended him to the heaven. In d end of days, Jesus wil be born normally on earth and kill d Dajjal. He would bcom leader and die normally).

As Muslims, dis life is a struggle. We should endeavour to spread d word of Islam. We must persistently struggle to earn Paradise by doin gud deeds and practising d pillars of Islam. May ALLAH strengthen our faith and protect us from temptation. AMIN. I AM SO PROUD OF BEING A MUSLIM. THANK U ALLAH .

To know d truth abt islam, go to:

http://www.islam.com

http://www.islam-online.com

http://www.islamicity.com

http://www.islamqa.com

5 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 7:43am On Dec 26, 2012
adaybayor:

First define salvation and we can start from there.

And where did you get the crap about muslims waiting in hell for muhammad to help?
from ur hadith timidhi and darimi.all muslims will be release according their deed huh ah ah ah go and read it.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by bright007(f): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2012
This lady has just been brainwashed!oh my!
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jude33084(m): 7:50am On Dec 26, 2012
Alajiki:

1. Only an unserious Muslim will copy anything from Xtiandom. You can Google Quran chapter 112. Just read all the 4 verses; it's not lengthy
2. If it's an open air preaching, yes it's on chairs. if it's inside the mosque, everybody sits on the floor. The pulpit you mentioned is a figment of your imagination. Whoever stands in public to speak and quotes from sources, be it religious or literary, needs a stand to place his books/materials - I don't see when that becomes a 'Xtian thing'.
3. Night vigil?! Quote a bible verse where night vigil was done by Jesus. I can give you several verses in Quran where God Himself enjoins Muslims to hold Tahjud (night vigil)
4. When did preaching in the bus become a 'copyright' issue for Xtians? For all I care, even Ogboni man can do the same...or is there anywhere in the constitution where it's stated that open air preaching, including the ones in buses, be solely for Xtians?
5. It's pathetic that you resorted to complete falsehood to express your disdain for Islam, it's a known fact that the use of fire crackers is outlawed, whether during Xmas or any other period. Purporting that Muslims now use fire crackers at Sallah periods is not only laughable but also depicts you as a desperate, lying religious bigot.

Israel is one of the reference point for Xtianity today...corretct? The population of Muslims in Israel is almost times 10 of Xtians -Google it to check the veracity of my claims. One of the 3 sacred mosques in Islam is in Jerusalem - it's called Al-Aqsa mosque. Ask your brethren who have been to Jerusalem to tell you the truth about their experiences there. I find it laughable when people come to this platform to rant about what they know nothing about...this usually affect people like you who have never left the shores of Nigeria. Despite all the conspiracies against Islam -Boko Haram, Al-Qaeda et al, Islam still remains the fastest-growing religion in the world today. You can also Google this to check. You displeasures about people coming into Islam is vain and it won't stop others, including your parents and siblings, from becoming Muslims tomorrow if God wills.

So you call the path of Bokoharam conspiracy?( Born aŋԂ brought up Almajiri) a conspiracy? People that where born to do only one thing in their entire life; read Koran. You call that a conspiracy agaianst Islam? Now I know you guys are confused grin

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jimino(m): 7:50am On Dec 26, 2012
If more pple convert 2 islam, it simply means more terrorist, suicide bombers, virgin hunters nd virgins 2 b hunted r being born. This wil increase violence, bomb blast nd war. Afta all, all terrorist, suicide bombers nd virgin hunters r muslim. Dey dnt believe in peace yet dey claim is a religion of peace, wat a fallacy. May God help us
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by misterh(m): 7:50am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: from ur hadith timidhi and darimi.all muslims will be release according their deed huh ah ah ah go and read it.
It's easy to mention the names of Islamic scholars but you should go ahead to quote the hadith if you want us to believe you.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by jcross19: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2012
DMainMan: Alhamdullilah. All Praise is due to ALLAH, the Lord of the Worlds. May ALLAH make us die as muslims, forgive our sins, and grant us Paradise.

My broders and sisters, dont b surprise y u c some muslims bcoming christians. It is because of:

Research has shown dat africa muslims dat convert to christianity do so solely because of poverty and lack of understanding of dere faith.

Morever, Islam forbids masturbation, alcohol, smoking, fornication, promiscous music, homosexuality and adultery. Generally, most christians do not c these as sins hence some ignorant ones who want to enjoy life convert. Most of dem go to church to seek fun.

In addition, Islam endeavour us to pray 5 times daily, fast 30 days in Ramadan, doin dhikr and Tahajjud. It is totally against soothsaying, shirk, magic, exposing nudity and many more.

Most lazy dudes who do not want to strive to earn reward hence c christianity as an opportunity to do what they want. Not knowin dat dis earth is d Paradise for dem.

Christians believe dere Jesus die to forgive humanity sins. So they can continually commit mischeivous sins since someone as sacrifice his life for there punishment. No wonder y de love inciting war and violence. Wow! Wat a religion. So i can intentionally and continually steal, kill, and do evil without repenting and changing my ways and stil go to heaven. Hahahaha! No wonder y people go to dis christianity to continue dere sins wit d belief dat de wil stil make heaven. I rily pity dem.
(Note: My Prophet Jesus (pbuh) did not die nor was he crucified. ALLAH ascended him to the heaven. In d end of days, Jesus wil be born normally on earth and kill d Dajjal. He would bcom leader and die normally).

As Muslims, dis life is a struggle. We should endeavour to spread d word of Islam. We must persistently struggle to earn Paradise by doin gud deeds and practising d pillars of Islam. May ALLAH strengthen our faith and protect us from temptation. AMIN. I AM SO PROUD OF BEING A MUSLIM. THANK U ALLAH .

To know d truth abt islam, go to:

http://www.islam.com

http://www.islam-online.com

http://www.islamicity.com

http://www.islamqa.com
u are missing a sound link as well google "prophet of doom" and u will know more about islam
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by misterh(m): 7:53am On Dec 26, 2012
It's so funny how Christian-related topics are posted on NL frontpage every Sunday with no one batting an eyelid but when Islam-related are posted, non-muslims are always quick to open the thread to spew nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by adaybayor(m): 7:54am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: from ur hadith timidhi and darimi.all muslims will be release according their deed huh ah ah ah go and read it.

Firstly, you still need to attend english language classes because your english is poor.

Secondly, you are just one of those people with very little knowledge, why are you mixing it up? Yes, it is true that all men (not just muslims) will be judged according to their deeds and I think you shouldn't be against this if you are of good deeds.

Thirdly, you can't not pass any exam if this is the way you answer questions because you didn't answer my question.

My question: where did you get the crap that all muslims will wait in hell for muhammad to come and help?

2 Likes

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by miiraaj: 7:54am On Dec 26, 2012
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by DanielNoble(m): 7:55am On Dec 26, 2012
adaybayor:

Are you just brainless by default? If you have a duplicate of the quran, why not show us...
extemist like U,so quick to insult,violent by nature.you guy always claim that the quran is sacred that it was never altered like it neva passed through writing and copying.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by rajiade: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2012
jcross19: koran 19:71,72 please read that all muslims will be in hell ,waiting for salvation in hell and no salvation there ,

How about Matthew 7:22-23, christians would rot in hell after being denied buy Jesus there so called saviour.

1 Like

Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Hasino2258: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2012
adaybayor:

Are you just brainless by default? If you have a duplicate of the quran, why not show us...
adaybayor:

adaybayor:

'.... brainless animal like u quran has been written for thousand years and no verse have been omitted but for bible am s sure d one dat ur read are aba made bible I can asure u have never read d real bible. ur pastor even dou he has came across it he will never share it do is fellow brainless animal like u for his selfish interest to buy private jet and personal interest so jerk ass like u open ur dying eyes and find d truth abt quran and bible I bet u will b the next person to convert to islam
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 26, 2012
Here we go again. Celebrating crazies. Inferiority complex of a false and failed religion. Well better than setting off bombs.
Re: How An American Lady Converted To Islam by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 26, 2012
Worldwide people are yearning for spiritual truth.in enrope and america people are disatiffied about hypocrisy of church leaders.in arab world people are delusioned,they are in bondage.that is why countries like turkey with freedom are witnessing mass convert to christianity.there is no love among arab muslims that is why killing is ongoing in mali and syria.note that there is religion confusion and hatred in world.muslims v buddists,muslims v christians,christians v hindu etc.even among christians there is hatred just as you have shia v sunni muslims.the root of problem is people adhere to religiom of their forefathers without questions.u cannot challenge belief system of your society.the way out of world religion crisis is freedom of religion.nobody should be harassed or punished for converting to another religion.most european and america countries practice freedom of religion that is why people convert as they wish.in islamic world converts from islam to other religions are met with strong opposition or threat to life.why?
13volts: Rise of convert Islam in Europe » GetReligion 18 Sep 2007 ... Rise of convert Islam in Europe . Posted by dpulliam. Share. islam in europe Tucked away in the ...
www.getreligion.org/2007/09/the-rise-...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? / Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Things Your Muslim Wife Wont Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.