Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,507 members, 7,770,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:30 AM

For The Love Of Art - Graphics/Video Market (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics/Video Market / For The Love Of Art (15291 Views)

A Nairalanders Very Beautiful Drawing (lord Of Art) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
I swear I miss this thread! Then again, I'm done with exams. Loving the works I'm seeing here smiley smiley smiley
How are we?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 09, 2013
Ah! Feraz,you've been missing in action. Good to see around. Congrats on completion of your exams.
We've been doing well, the other thread was moved to front page and alot of people posted. We're hoping the new guys will join us by this april.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2013
Fellis, xup with ur work,you haven't scanned yet?
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2013
....Munching carrots quietly....

Haw nah oga centje!?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2013
I'll try to come up with something...then again, need help with the kinda pencils to use

Off topic...I'm looking for an Engineering firm that pays and teaches well to do my IT pls...can someone link me up?...help needed
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 09, 2013
kannymoore: ....Munching carrots quietly....

Haw nah oga centje!?
lol...kanny,i love carrots o!!! Wouldn't mind enjoy with you wink

I dey man,just came back from my search for art materials. How your side? You don catch fellisgrin
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
Feraz: I'll try to come up with something...then again, need help with the kinda pencils to use

Off topic...I'm looking for an Engineering firm that pays and teaches well to do my IT pls...can someone link me up?...help needed
you'll hardly get such a place that can pay and teach. I suggest you pursue one,either work and get paid or pay for the teaching.

You can use wide range of pencils,6B,5B Will give you dark shade buh H series will give a lighter shade buh sharper lines.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2013
centje: lol...kanny,i love carrots o!!! Wouldn't mind enjoy with you wink

I dey man,just came back from my search for art materials. How your side? You don catch fellisgrin

Fellis ke? Fellis dey do like phcn naw:

Now you see her..

...now you don't!

grin!...heh heh heh!

I've just finished preparing carrot stew... Na chawp wey i wan chawp am o!

So you nko?... Abi You've met Fellis too shey?

*wink*

so where did u finally purchase your art supplies since u said yu arent within the city anymore.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 09, 2013
Hahahaha...carry f1 car pursue her nahgrin

Am yet to buy,just got the address.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 8:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
centje: you'll hardly get such a place that can pay and teach. I suggest you pursue one,either work and get paid or pay for the teaching.

You can use wide range of pencils,6B,5B Will give you dark shade buh H series will give a lighter shade buh sharper lines.
ok...work and pay......any links??

Will the B series give me a smooth and neat shading cos looking at my profile picture, one can tell it ain't smooth at all....
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2013
Feraz: ok...work and pay......any links??

Will the B series give me a smooth and neat shading cos looking at my profile picture, one can tell it ain't smooth at all....
i don't have any link.

You can either use the pencil directly or use razor to shade off the pencil lead and use the formed particles to shade your work.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2013
HAPPENINGS9JA:

Hello Centje,

We stumbled on your posts and find the thread quite interesting and different. We are an online lifestyle magazine that just launched, you can check us out at www.happenings9ja.com

Having gone through the paintings and drawings on your thread and comments that help other artists, we humbly propose a space weekly for you on our online magazine under the Arts section.

We can call it ART SPOT: (Theme for the week)

Here, we can every week feature artworks by artists like you with an explanation of each artwork and the bio (and contact if provided) of the artist. You get to choose the theme for each week and send in pieces based on it.

We’ll give people the opportunity to critique and comment on the art works.

Purpose of this is to bring to the forefront what talented artists are doing in Nigeria and to encourage more artists to showcase their stuff too. The weekly posts will also serve for artists to advice one another on how they can better their works.

Kindly let us know your thoughts on this by emailing chinweobinwanne@happenings9ja.com

Thanks.
i checked the site and i didnt see any artwork?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:28pm On Apr 09, 2013
Xup for april?

Kanny,i think you should list or choose the theme for april.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2013
Hello guys, centje, kannymoore, feraz and timbros.
Watsup? smiley
Good to see you back feraz. Hope your exams went well.

So firestar has finally gone out of this thing? So sad.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
Oh, I saw your drawing on the other thread centje. It was very beautiful cry
I wish I knew how to shade like that cry

Whenever I try to give form to something I drew by shading it, I usually end up messing the whole paper up. Maybe I am not a natural born artist afterall.

Good job though.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 11, 2013
fellis: Oh, I saw your drawing on the other thread centje. It was very beautiful cry
I wish I knew how to shade like that cry

Whenever I try to give form to something I drew by shading it, I usually end up messing the whole paper up. Maybe I am not a natural born artist afterall.

Good job though.
you've got the talent babe! We get better with each stroke...remember...

When are you posting yours?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:17pm On Apr 13, 2013
Fellis,what's up nah
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2013
centje: Fellis,what's up nah
I'm still around jare. I wanted to post something I did with pastel instead of the drawing. I haven't completed it yet. So sorry for the delay. You guyz can go ahead to choose April's theme.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 10:53pm On Apr 13, 2013
fellis: Hello guys, centje, kannymoore, feraz and timbros.
Watsup? smiley
Good to see you back feraz. Hope your exams went well.

So firestar has finally gone out of this thing? So sad.
Yes oh! My very good scientist abi na evolutionist.....hopefully, the exams will go well if you know what I mean.... wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 13, 2013
Feraz: Yes oh! My very good scientist abi na evolutionist.....hopefully, the exams will go well if you know what I mean.... wink
Hello you smiley I thought you've rounded up with exams.
Success in your papers if you haven't.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 14, 2013
fellis:
I'm still around jare. I wanted to post something I did with pastel instead of the drawing. I haven't completed it yet. So sorry for the delay. You guyz can go ahead to choose April's theme.
oukay we wait. Kannymoore was supposed choose for april. Kanny,where you?

Lovely sundaykiss
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 14, 2013
Feraz: Yes oh! My very good scientist abi na evolutionist.....hopefully, the exams will go well if you know what I mean.... wink

HOLY CRAP!!! I just realized that you were talking about the 4th shinobi wars grin

Hahaha

Yes, for sure. The exams will go well. wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2013
centje: oukay we wait. Kannymoore was supposed choose for april. Kanny,where you?

Lovely sundaykiss

I caught kannymore viewing this thread some minutes ago grin

Oya kanny sweetie, come and choose a theme for us to work on this month, we are anxiously waiting.

Happy sunday to you too centje smiley
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2013
Kanny,your sweet heart dey call nah tongue
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 11:07pm On Apr 14, 2013
fellis:

I caught kannymore viewing this thread some minutes ago grin

Oya kanny sweetie, come and choose a theme for us to work on this month, we are anxiously waiting.

Happy sunday to you too centje smiley

chai!.. Nothing misses your eyes.. Whallai!
grin

bros centje... Bik, no too vex, i was just passing by...kinda. Lol! I will try to drop some titles tomorrow, unfailingly.

Meanwhile, i hope you'll pardon my digressing but i just wanted to let you pals know that a couple of my works are already on display in the TERRA KULTURE/ MYDRIM GALLERY ART AUCTION @ Tiamiyu Savage st, VI. The show ends on Wednesday 17th April. Why not pop by; who knows, you might be lucky to meet me in person...(covers face).

embarassed
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 11:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hope they don't charge for entrance oh....cos I no get money.... I'll try and come....
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 7:18am On Apr 15, 2013
Feraz: Hope they don't charge for entrance oh....cos I no get money.... I'll try and come....

lol.... They dont charge money @ the entrance. Just look smart and walk through. "Darrisoll" grin

erm.., by the way, i'm just one of the numerous artists whose works are gonna be on display - still a novice compared to the top-guns dem sha. This means my works may not command very steep prices like my oga's but hey!?... Its all about the publicity, right? *wink*
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:14am On Apr 15, 2013
kannymoore:
chai!.. Nothing misses your eyes.. Whallai!
grin
bros centje... Bik, no too vex, i was just passing by...kinda. Lol! I will try to drop some titles tomorrow, unfailingly.
Meanwhile, i hope you'll pardon my digressing but i just wanted to let you pals know that a couple of my works are already on display in the TERRA KULTURE/ MYDRIM GALLERY ART AUCTION @ Tiamiyu Savage st, VI. The show ends on Wednesday 17th April. Why not pop by; who knows, you might be lucky to meet me in person...(covers face).
embarassed

Eya. I am not in Lagos presently I would have liked to see the works.
Are they exclusively paintings or do you do any sculpture/carving?
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
fellis:

Eya. I am not in Lagos presently I would have liked to see the works.
Are they exclusively paintings or do you do any sculpture/carving?

eeya...see hard luck! cry

they are both paintings sha. Meanwhile, where are u based? I thought u live in lagos.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
kannymoore:

lol.... They dont charge money @ the entrance. Just look smart and walk through. "Darrisoll" grin
you sure say your oga at the top no get different opiniongrin

Thumps up man, i wish i was in lasgidi. Do you go for exhibition outside lag?
who knows maybe one of the exhibitions we might bump into each other. Keep it up men!!!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Feraz(m): 7:03pm On Apr 15, 2013
i tried making it today but two things kept me from coming...
1. Nokia map doesn't know the address you dropped....
2. I was frustrated searching for a place for my internship.... sad sad grin

Will try tomorrow and can you give the directions from CMS?
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 7:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
Feraz: i tried making it today but two things kept me from coming...
1. Nokia map doesn't know the address you dropped....
2. I was frustrated searching for a place for my internship.... sad sad grin

Will try tomorrow and can you give the directions from CMS?

Well, from CMS, board a bus heading to Bar-beach/Eko Hotel. i cant really remember the name of the bus stop itself but its the 2nd to the last turn on the left before the bus turns into the Eko Hotel road.

Better still, ask the conductors the name of the bus stop where DSTV have their head office...they'll be in a better position to know. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

For Professional Logo,t-shirt,banners,business Card,and Any Graphics WORK Enter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.