Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

For The Love Of Art - Graphics/Video Market (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics/Video Market / For The Love Of Art (15334 Views)

A Nairalanders Very Beautiful Drawing (lord Of Art) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 04, 2013
centje:
Keep working with pastel, the more you practice the better you become,remember.
True. But I need pencil pastels to really master it and right now I have no pencil pastels. I wanted to buy some before but the price fear me. The seller said two thousand and something for a pastel set of just about 8 pencils. The bigger pastel set containing like twenty pencils that I would have liked to by is about five thousand naira.

On 'following' issue,you can easily click on it and clear the log. Moreover,thats how you get to see my posts.
I was suprised and felt bad. You know better buh i don't think its cool!

Centje love, don't let the unfollowing issue bother you now.... My intention wasn't to upset anybody when I removed everyone I was following. Please forget about it, it doesn't mean anything.
Besides you don't need ordinary, common me to follow you naw. You have more important Nairalanders following you presently smiley
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 04, 2013
Chie! See your headgrin...ordinary you,you won use style confuse me...It's oukay tho, maybe i have different undertanding of this following thing. I see it as sign of friendship.

So when is your birthday? Mine is on ...um...em...lemme check...grin
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 04, 2013
centje: Chie! See your headgrin...ordinary you,you won use style confuse me...It's oukay tho, maybe i have different undertanding of this following thing. I see it as sign of friendship.

So when is your birthday? Mine is on ...um...em...lemme check...grin

Happy birth month guys!!!!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 1:44am On Mar 04, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Happy birth month guys!!!!
thanks babe kiss
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Fellow art warriors, stay tuned for my work. I'm having issues with network.
And its in ink.

@centje, pardon for my delay... But I must say your piece is rather dreamy. Like the mind is trying to phase through its reality to fantasy: scooping from the -water of life-.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 04, 2013
firestar: Fellow art warriors, stay tuned for my work. I'm having issues with network.
And its in ink.

@centje, pardon for my delay... But I must say your piece is rather dreamy. Like the mind is trying to phase through its reality to fantasy: scooping from the -water of life-.
thanks dear,...you got the idea. Lemme reload my waiting state wink

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
I just uploaded the Paradise work for February in the other thread
embarassed embarassed embarassed

This is what I did initially for the beach picture but I didn't like it, so I decided to draw instead. It is the pastel work I spoke of before.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 05, 2013
Chio! Sweet fellis!! Why you complaining...you already good with pastel. I love it....the ocean waves are just beautiful.

I hvnt done art work with only pastel. When i used it i combined it with ball point pen.
One of these days i will try using only pastel.

Great work dear kiss

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
centje: Chio! Sweet fellis!! Why you complaining...you already good with pastel. I love it....the ocean waves are just beautiful.

I hvnt done art work with only pastel. When i used it i combined it with ball point pen.
One of these days i will try using only pastel.

Great work dear kiss

Thanks. This means a lot to me smiley

I will list various topics for us to choose from for March after firestar posts her paradise picture.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 05, 2013
fellis:

Thanks. This means a lot to me smiley

I will list various topics for us to choose from for March after firestar posts her paradise picture.
please do,march is already running out. Firestar should have been the first to post...she choose the theme. Fstar!!!!...we need you here to shine like diamonds in sky...

Lemme view your second post in the other thread. Network isnt helping matters now...
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2013
Come on firestar dear, we are itching to see your painting! smiley
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
@fellis,
On your paradise work,i like the ocean view and the palms. i think you were too careful with your shading. You bring out the effect more when you make the shading heavier,then you can create different tones with a combination eraser,hand and cotton wool or any other possible material.

you also have consider where the light is coming from,then reflect it on things within the drawing.

Your perspective is well balanced,i like it.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2013
centje: @fellis,
On your paradise work,i like the ocean view and the palms. i think you were too careful with your shading. You bring out the effect more when you make the shading heavier,then you can create different tones with a combination eraser,hand and cotton wool or any other possible material.
you also have consider where the light is coming from,then reflect it on things within the drawing.
Your perspective is well balanced,i like it.

You are correct, I was very careful with the shading. I didn't want to mess the picture up with shading so I used a 6H (very light lead) for about 90% of the shading.

I also took light direction into consideration (but that isn't so obvious due to the light shading). If you look at the palms and the water, you'd see that the light from the sun is centralized and reflected in the middle of the water and the sides of the trees.
I think that work was poorly done to be honest but hey, we are learning so no biggie.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
Oukay dear,let's hope that Fstar will grace us soon
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 8:33am On Mar 07, 2013
embarassed
A thousand apologies!
Please bear with me...
Also fellis don't let me hold you back from placing this month's title.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ok o.

These are different themes for March. Choose anyone you like.

Sacrifice

Fantasy

Love smiley

Abundance

Nostalgia

Strength

Goodluck smiley
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2013
Wow centje, there's a birthday cake on your profile smiley

Happy birthday man.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
fellis: Wow centje, there's a birthday cake on your profile smiley

Happy birthday man.
that's seun's hand work o! They try sha...even tho the cake worwor smallgrin

I really don't know which theme to choose o!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
centje: that's seun's hand work o! They try sha...even tho the cake worwor smallgrin

Would it be so bad if we all individually chose any theme we like for the month and then work on it?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
centje:

Would it be so bad if we all individually choose any theme we like for the month and then work on it?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 08, 2013
fellis:

Would it be so bad if we all individually choose any theme we like for the month and then work on it?
We've been doing one theme for everyone but it's ok by me if that's the method you prefer. Art is a world of free expression,as free as falling leaf...less restriction. I don't know firestar's take on it...
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 08, 2013
As an observer I chose strength. tongue
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 9:04am On Mar 08, 2013
SniperInADiaper: As an observer I chose strength. tongue
why do you choose it?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2013
centje: why do you choose it?

I cant tell lipsrsealed
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 6:37am On Mar 09, 2013
fellis:

Not bad at all.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2013
centje: We've been doing one theme for everyone but it's ok by me if that's the method you prefer.
I suggested it because you said you don't know what to choose. It seemed like you were having a difficult time choosing from the themes and I didn't want to make things difficult for you.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2013
Sorry for popping by unanounced.. wink but biko...no scatter bottle for my head o.

Now... I didnt follow the task as stipulated above cos i work really slowly. However, this is a painting i did about two months now... Its still stuck in a limbo... I dunno whether to keep working or just leave her as she is.. Lol!

Its titled "nostalgia" and its an acrylic painting on canvas. smiley

3 Likes

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
That is a beautiful painting kannymoore.
So you're also an artist? That's nice smiley.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
fellis: That is a beautiful painting kannymoore.
So you're also an artist? That's nice smiley.

thanks a millie... Fellis.

And yeah i am. Its my profession. Lol.

Meanwhile, despite your inexperience with pastels, i must say that i was pleasantly taken aback by your rendering of those waves. You really tried. Haha!

Now back to your pencil drawing.

One major problem ive noticed with your drawings is ur inability to render subtle changes in tonal variations. Its very apparent in your treatment of the clouds. Despite your decent success with the cloud's perspective (believe me... E dey fall many of us hand..even the pros toocheesy) your clouds seem to look more like suspended rocks instead.

What to do..
1. Get a pencil...draw 8 boxes in your sketchpad and try to fill in the boxes, tonal variations; from lighter strokes at the beginning to the darkest in the last box. This exercise is to help improve the sensitivity of your strokes. Do this exercise as often as possible...you'll surely see results.

2. To capture tonal values easily, try squinting. Squinting helps break visual colors into grayscale which will in turn be helpful in making u choose the right tonal value while drawing or painting.

3. Have tissue scaps or tufts of cotton wool or cotton buds nearby to create soft blends btwn tones.

4. ....gimme a peck here..:>! Hahaha!

Pardon my lengthy post sha... Make una no too vex!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
kannymoore:
One major problem ive noticed with your drawings is ur inability to render subtle changes in tonal variations. Its very apparent in your treatment of the clouds. Despite your decent success with the cloud's perspective (believe me... E dey fall many of us hand..even the pros toocheesy) your clouds seem to look more like suspended rocks instead.

I don't even remember the last time I tried to draw clouds so my drawing was not exactly going to be a masterpiece or something embarassed embarassed embarassed.
And you are right though, I didn't put effort into doing the tonal variation in shading clouds and this was because I am not so good with drawing clouds and I didn't want to ruin the 'decent attempt' I had succeeded in creating so I just left shading the clouds when I noticed that they had become identifiable as clouds.

2. To capture tonal values easily, try squinting. Squinting helps break visual colors into grayscale which will in turn be helpful in making u choose the right tonal value while drawing or painting.
Thanks for the tip. I tried it and it was helpful.
What I used to do before to know how to go about shading is to convert whatever image I want to shade ro black and white with an image editor in my laptop.

3. Have tissue scaps or tufts of cotton wool or cotton buds nearby to create soft blends btwn tones.
But this only works with charcoal and not pencil.... I use pencil.

4. ....gimme a peck here..:>! Hahaha!
kiss smiley

Pardon my lengthy post sha... Make una no too vex!
Don't worry about it. Your help was very welcome.
Thanks for the lesson kannymore!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2013
That's lovely kannymore!!!
Will you join for this months work?

Hi everyone,fellis,firestar,sniper...
I think i will go for 'strength' i may work on more than one theme...depending on how this month goes for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

For Professional Logo,t-shirt,banners,business Card,and Any Graphics WORK Enter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.