Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:46 AM

For The Love Of Art - Graphics/Video Market (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics/Video Market / For The Love Of Art (15289 Views)

A Nairalanders Very Beautiful Drawing (lord Of Art) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:23am On Mar 27, 2013
centje:
So your handle went on sabbatical leavegrin

Yep. And it is back now.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 2:41am On Mar 27, 2013
fellis: I saw the picture kannymore. It was quite nice and you have skill with pastel.

So why did you not add your face to the painting hm? Why would you remove the part people are most interested in seeing? smiley

aawwww...fellis de fellis!
Thanks for the compliments missy... Im really grateful. Alas, i still havent scratched the surface with regards knowing how to draw yet. I'm still a learner... A real taa-ta in the art of draughtsmanship.
Ehen.., with regards your other question, i was more interested with the play of light on my body than anything else.
And As for my face....
I'll show u my face when u show me yours! grin

u wey persin nefa see ya face for nairaland at-all-at-all. U wey just dey one corner dey befriend ya mirror all alone.... grin

hmmm... On 2nd thoughts, lets see what happens. wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 27, 2013
@kannymoore

The drawing was nice. But the reflection of light that you tried to capture at first seemed a lot like white paint or something. I think you delineated the light patterns too sharply perhaps. But a second look does bring the viewer into your feelings about the light.

I'm no artist o, but if the purpose of art is to steal the observer's imagination and emotion the soonest it can then you probably have a bit of work to do on the drawing. But, like I said, I don't consider myself an expert.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 9:20am On Mar 27, 2013
Ihedinobi: @kannymoore

The drawing was nice. But the reflection of light that you tried to capture at first seemed a lot like white paint or something. I think you delineated the light patterns too sharply perhaps. But a second look does bring the viewer into your feelings about the light.

I'm no artist o, but if the purpose of art is to steal the observer's imagination and emotion the soonest it can then you probably have a bit of work to do on the drawing. But, like I said, I don't consider myself an expert.

hey.... Thanks Ihedinobi...

I perfectly understand what you meant about the harshness of the highlights and the sharpness of the linear patterns played upon the figure.
The light source was pretty strong and harsh..hence the sharper linear pattern. Had the lights been a bit softer, the patterns would have been more blurry and fainter. Believe me, i took some measure of pains to register what i felt was as true to life as possible even though i will also admit that the work wasnt completely finished cos i didnt wanna risk overworking it.
Moreover, as i'd said in one of my earlier posts on this thread, I'm still learning and havent scratched the surface yet. Who knows, maybe with time... I guess.

Again, thanks Ihedinobi for your honest comments.

Ehen, lest i forget, i took the snapshot of my work using a rechargable lamp. Phcn had done their usual and it was pretty much midnight. Maybe it can partially explain why the highlights are as bright as they are due to the light from the lamp bouncing off the white surface of the paper...

U know nah!...lol!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ihedinobi: @kannymoore

Ihedinobi you're a real all-rounder aren't you?
You show creativity with poems, stories and art.
That's just fantastic.

However you should try to post something you have drawn or painted before on this thread, it will be really nice of you to do that.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 27, 2013
@kannymore

Yeah, the fact that it was an upload of a snapshot taken in bad light really does help. Because unless you drew based on a reflection from a dusty mirror in really harsh lighting pouring into a not-well-lit room from a single window, I'm not sure you should have a rendition like that. But believe me, I really don't know what an artist's eye is like to say that I have one, to say nothing of two.

In any case, it really speaks to light does your drawing. You probably should have named it something more agreeable with light. smiley

@fellis

Why, thank you, ma'am. I love life and understanding the things I find in it but I wouldn't call me an all-rounder, no grin And, God-willing, I hope you never have to see a drawing by me. My fingers are some of the most disobedient ones I know. They have a mind of their own, in my opinion. Maybe some martial training will teach them who's boss, but I haven't got there yet.

But I write. Don't always like to, feels too tedious sometimes, but I do smiley

I'll just go on enjoying you guys' work. wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 27, 2013
Ihedinobi:
@fellis
Why, thank you, ma'am. I love life and understanding the things I find in it but I wouldn't call me an all-rounder, no grin And, God-willing, I hope you never have to see a drawing by me. My fingers are some of the most disobedient ones I know. They have a mind of their own, in my opinion. Maybe some martial training will teach them who's boss, but I haven't got there

You can't post anything? That's too bad.
I think your paintings will be beautiful because you have a good eye when it comes to art and you are good with making suggestions on how an artwork can be improved.
Anyways, if you won't be comfortable posting something then don't worry about it.
The advice and tips you give are just as good.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 6:54pm On Mar 27, 2013
I love that painting! kiss

Am happy with the way you managed to remove pictorial effect.

I think i undertand what you did with the light,it creates a mental picture of someone in a shady place with light entering through a small window. You would have continued that light on the wall and that would not have given the sharp demarcation,on the wall. Just like you said the fear of spoiling the work could make someone avoid certain details. It happens to me too

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
Kanny,Post it in the other thread with the title. You will see the pattern of the previous posts.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
centje: I love that painting! kiss

Am happy with the way you managed to remove pictorial effect.

I think i undertand what you did with the light,it creates a mental picture of someone in a shady place with light entering through a small window. You would have continued that light on the wall and that would not have given the sharp demarcation,on the wall. Just like you said the fear of spoiling the work could make someone avoid certain details. It happens to me too

bros...
E be like say u understand where i was coming from. There are some things that can be understood only from an artist's viewpoint.
Thanks.

@ ihedinobi...
Diff people relate to art in different ways. While you may be drawn to the above drawing due to the way light fell on it, i prefered to look at the whole package; the figure, i mean. Its the muscular form and the taut knuckles of his hands gripping his rod tightly that gave me the inspiration for the title. Furthermore, i wanted the viewer to think, are his muscles his strength or the trust the man has in his staff..

I hope i've answered your questions.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2013
centje: Kanny,Post it in the other thread with the title. You will see the patten of the previous posts.

erm bros...
After what i went through last night while trying to upload that pix, i'd gladly sort and boil beans instead of going though that kain stress again.

No ooo!

mba!!

shocked

maybe another time sha. Lol!
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lol...seems you passed through hell. Lemme post it.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
@kannymoore

Please don't misunderstand me o. I think it could have been the conditions of the snapshot that cost us the true quality of the work. However, I also think you make sense about that title. I guess it fits.

My opinions are not the criticism of an expert o. I'm just describing how the painting affects me as an observer of art. You don't need to take such as criticism. I've never painted, you see smiley

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by HAPPENINGS9JA: 10:12am On Mar 28, 2013
centje: That's lovely kannymore!!!
Will you join for this months work?

Hi everyone,fellis,firestar,sniper...
I think i will go for 'strength' i may work on more than one theme...depending on how this month goes for me.

Hello Centje,

We stumbled on your posts and find the thread quite interesting and different. We are an online lifestyle magazine that just launched, you can check us out at www.happenings9ja.com

Having gone through the paintings and drawings on your thread and comments that help other artists, we humbly propose a space weekly for you on our online magazine under the Arts section.

We can call it ART SPOT: (Theme for the week)

Here, we can every week feature artworks by artists like you with an explanation of each artwork and the bio (and contact if provided) of the artist. You get to choose the theme for each week and send in pieces based on it.

We’ll give people the opportunity to critique and comment on the art works.

Purpose of this is to bring to the forefront what talented artists are doing in Nigeria and to encourage more artists to showcase their stuff too. The weekly posts will also serve for artists to advice one another on how they can better their works.

Kindly let us know your thoughts on this by emailing chinweobinwanne@happenings9ja.com

Thanks.
Re: For The Love Of Art by timbros(m): 4:39pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nice thread!

Just stumbled on this thread and I must say you guys are great! Centje, Firestar, Fellis etc... I'm definitely interested in this. Can someone update me on how to take part in this. (I be amateur ooo lol). Cant read through all 9 pages. I saw you guy's works in the other thread meant for pictures only.

I guess the theme for April is already decided. Please let me know so I can do something....

Below is a pencilwork I did a while ago. Sorry about the picture quality. I took the picture with my phone so the size and quality is kinda poor.... No laugh me oo cheesy ;

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:10am On Mar 29, 2013
@HAPPENIN9JA
Thanks alot!
I will check out the website and get back to you.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:16am On Mar 29, 2013
@timbros
You're good. Buh don't be too careful about shading. The more you make it the better,you can then use eraser and something like cotton wool to create light,smoothen and to create different tones.

March is already finished,so i guess you would have to join for april.

You're welcome! wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by timbros(m): 10:14am On Mar 29, 2013
centje: @timbros
You're good. Buh don't be too careful about shading. The more you make it the better,you can then use eraser and something like cotton wool to create light,smoothen and to create different tones.

March is already finished,so i guess you would have to join for april.

You're welcome! wink

Thanks for the tips.
Looking forward to April project wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2013
^you're welcome!

No one has posted work for march
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 12:16am On Apr 02, 2013
Hey centje....

But i thought the drawing i put up was for march?

Meanwhile, where's Felis? Im missing her... kinda.

*wink*
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
centje: ^you're welcome!
No one has posted work for march

I can't post mine yet because I am away from home and there is no scanner where I'm at, hopefully I will be able to scan and upload when I get back home this weekend.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 02, 2013
kannymoore:
Meanwhile, where's Felis? Im missing her... kinda.
*wink*
embarassed embarassed

kiss you delightful adorable boy, I missed you too tongue
Hope all is well.
Re: For The Love Of Art by kannymoore(m): 4:33pm On Apr 02, 2013
fellis:
embarassed embarassed

kiss you delightful adorable boy, I missed you too tongue
Hope all is well.

i don blush DIE!

Lol!

All is well sha. I'd actually wanted to send you a pm but i dunno how to go about it. Tried the "send an email" feature on yur profile but to no avail.

Hope i aint intruding upon yur privacy as i felt you are a pretty private person sha.

How's things by the way and when are u getting back home?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 02, 2013
Yeah kinda missed her too. So sweet fellis what's keeping you away from nairaland.
And firestar too, no one sees her break light these days

Kannymoore,you're right.you've posted.

I will post mine soon.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 5:02pm On Apr 02, 2013
Viewing this topic: masterpiecer ( m ), centje ( m )

Masterpiecer,what went wrong
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2013
centje: Yeah kinda missed her too. So sweet fellis what's keeping you away from nairaland.
I am still on NL now. . . . . .
centje oya upload your work now, I can't wait to see what you've done. You never fail to blow our minds away smiley
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2013
kannymoore:
All is well sha. I'd actually wanted to send you a pm but i dunno how to go about it. Tried the "send an email" feature on yur profile but to no avail.

Hope i aint intruding upon yur privacy as i felt you are a pretty private person sha.
How's things by the way and when are u getting back home?
You sent a mail? I am so sorry I didn't know. For a long time now I have been unable to login to my yahoo account, whenever I type in my email and password I get a 'password incorrect' notification even when I type the correct password.
I have actually changed my email twice because of this problem. I plan to change it again, this time to gmail.
Will be home by the weekend.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 02, 2013
fellis:
I am still on NL now. . . . . .
centje oya upload your work now, I can't wait to see what you've done. You never fail to blow our minds away smiley
i will post soon. Buh this time am working with pencil...i relocated,..yet to buy materialsangry
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
centje: i will post soon. Buh this time am working with pencil...i relocated,..yet to buy materialsangry

You guys are on hols?
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2013
fellis:

You guys are on hols?
nah...am outta school...
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 02, 2013
centje: nah...am outta school...
ok.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
My march work on 'strength', i used pencil on paper.

Am yet to source art materials in my new location.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

For Professional Logo,t-shirt,banners,business Card,and Any Graphics WORK Enter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.