Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,622 members, 7,770,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:40 PM

For The Love Of Art - Graphics/Video Market (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics/Video Market / For The Love Of Art (15295 Views)

A Nairalanders Very Beautiful Drawing (lord Of Art) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 10, 2013
centje: don't mind me o! Am even having hard time in my work...am considering change of concept and starting afresh.

Post the little you've worked on so far before you discard it smiley
Re: For The Love Of Art by masterpiecer(m): 9:27pm On Jan 10, 2013
fellis:

wow, you are really putting your back into this thing.

Hope your work will not intimidate me into refusing to post what I drew.

Because my drawing is like fowl-scratch.

lmao @ fowl scratch,
funny enough, even 'fowl scratch' can be classified as art as long as it is defined

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 10, 2013
masterpiecer:

lmao @ fowl scratch,
funny enough, even 'fowl scratch' can be classified as art as long as it is defined
very true. The 'story' following the art work is very important especially for abstracts.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
fellis:

Post the little you've worked on so far before you discard it smiley
ok i will...buh am not really discarding it,i'll convert it to something else.
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 10:44pm On Jan 10, 2013
fellis:

xhosa, zulu or tswana?

Neither. It Oriental.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 11, 2013
firestar:

Neither. It Oriental.

Oh I see.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 12, 2013
unfinished work... grin
Am suppose to put images on the left side,add trees and few other touches. But it's now abandoned project...lol. Anyway,am converting it to something else.
I've started a much better one but more technical.

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 12, 2013
Don't trash it! Keep it as a WIP
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 12, 2013
centje what is your own now?

Is that how fine you want to make your works?

Now I'll never post what I did cry cry cry cry cry
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2013
fellis: centje what is your own now?

Is that how fine you want to make your works?

Now I'll never post what I did cry cry cry cry cry
lol...fellis is not fine now! grin i was just not flowing with the painting. cry

Please post,there's no stereotyped definition of what art work is. It can take any form.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 12, 2013
SniperInADiaper: Don't trash it! Keep it as a WIP
no i wont. Am changing the concept. wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 9:40am On Jan 12, 2013
shocked

centje....if you keep this up... grin

You're gonna make monsters outta us. grin
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 12, 2013
firestar: shocked

centje....if you keep this up... grin

You're gonna make monsters outta us. grin
lol...na wa o! Even my brother liked it. Buh I didn't like the work that much...i just don't know why. Anyway,i will try and finish it.
Re: For The Love Of Art by masterpiecer(m): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2013
centje: lol...na wa o! Even my brother liked it. Buh I didn't like the work that much...i just don't know why. Anyway,i will try and finish it.

centje, that piece is sooo lovely, all i can see is tranquility, peace, calmness... It just has a way of speaking to the soul. Ilove it
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 1:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
masterpiecer:

centje, that piece is sooo lovely, all i can see is tranquility, peace, calmness... It just has a way of speaking to the soul. Ilove it

As in eh, I'm drooling.

I see myself under the waning moon... at peace... still tranquility. cool
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
masterpiecer:

yeah,you're write master,i wanted to use it as a background for the image that will depict happiness. There's calmness and peace of mind when someone is happy.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 12, 2013
firestar:

As in eh, I'm drooling.

I see myself under the waning moon... at peace... still tranquility. cool
Lol...firestar,you're funny grin the atmosphere will be good for honey moon grin
Re: For The Love Of Art by firestar(f): 9:26pm On Jan 12, 2013
centje:
Lol...firestar,you're funny grin the atmosphere will be good for honey moon ;D
See what I caused...

...me and my big mouth. shocked

Alright, that's it.... I'm done. smileylipsrsealed
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 3:16am On Jan 13, 2013
firestar:
See what I caused...

...me and my big mouth. shocked

Alright, that's it.... I'm done. smileylipsrsealed
hmmm...i just learnt that firestar has phobia for honey moon lipsrsealed
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 4:14am On Jan 13, 2013
centje: hmmm...i just learnt that firestar has phobia for honey moon lipsrsealed

Honeymoon with centje is scary grin grin grin
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

Honeymoon with centje is scary grin grin grin
hehehe...have we had one before wink
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2013
Lemme trace the work again...

~my brother later did some modification to it. Buh its now having a new theme,not happiness. Am working on a different concept for happiness~

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2013
The last pic is a mix media. It has grass for the house,top bond(a white gum) and paint for the tree,grass and mountain effects,then oil on canvas.

The top bond gum was also used in holding the grass to the canvas to form the house.

The work isn't finished yet but...
...does any one notice a very obvious fault in this work (i mean the last pic,look at it very closely)?
Re: For The Love Of Art by masterpiecer(m): 9:38pm On Jan 13, 2013
centje: The last pic is a mix media. It has grass for the house,top bond(a white gum) and paint for the tree,grass and mountain effects,then oil on canvas.

The top bond gum was also used in holding the grass to the canvas to form thne house.

The work isn't finished yet but...
...does any one notice a very obvious fault in this work (i mean the last pic,look at it very closely)?
nice work centje, i most say i envy u n ur bro...

Criticizing the work, what i found out faulty is that the sunset can only have such effect if its setting over the horizon of the ocean, thus the house on the left might be a little bit odd except if the landscape is on a hill top, that is when such sunset effect is acheiveable, but given the reflection of
the sunset on the foreground, it depicts a reflection of water rather than earth..., then the sun n d moon seem to appear at same time. Nice work still, i like d color combo
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 13, 2013
Thanks so much master, smiley

you're right about the house. It was made with stem and dry leaves of a grass so getting the right perspective was quite difficult. Then its possible for the moon and the sun to appear simultaneously at late evening. Its usually crescentic moon buh the moon was like that just for artistic beauty. There's something you haven't noticed... What's up with your work?
Re: For The Love Of Art by masterpiecer(m): 7:16am On Jan 14, 2013
centje: Thanks so much master, smiley

you're right about the house. It was made with stem and dry leaves of a grass so getting the right perspective was quite difficult. Then its possible for the moon and the sun to appear simultaneously at late evening. Its usually crescentic moon buh the moon was like that just for artistic beauty. There's something you haven't noticed... What's up with your work?

really, cant really figure that out now, pls help us identify it...i guess i will be using pastel since oil is more time requesting, due to work my time is a lil bit restrained. Wil post mine hopefully soon
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2013
masterpiecer:

really, cant really figure that out now, pls help us identify it...i guess i will be using pastel since oil is more time requesting, due to work my time is a lil bit restrained. Wil post mine hopefully soon
pastel can still create a very beautiful piece.

Compare the final work with the previous one and discover the fault i was asking for...

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 15, 2013
I think I see it. It's the shadows, right? In the first pic, the lighting of the roof is not consistent with the position of the sun, but on the second, the end that is away from the sun is darker since it's getting less light, right?

By the way, I love your work, bro, it's soul-intoxicating.

1 Like

Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 16, 2013
Ihedinobi: I think I see it. It's the shadows, right? In the first pic, the lighting of the roof is not consistent with the position of the sun, but on the second, the end that is away from the sun is darker since it's getting less light, right?

By the way, I love your work, bro, it's soul-intoxicating.
thanks alot.
yeah you're right. Without the second pic it will take a critical look to notice that the roof is'nt reflecting the sun rays.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 16, 2013
centje: thanks alot.
yeah you're right. Without the second pic it will take a critical look to notice that the roof is'nt reflecting the sun rays.

You're right. I couldn't spot it until you put the pics together for comparison.
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2013
Am good to go...Fellis too.

What's up firestar masterpiecer, and idowugbo?

Any other person can still join...
Re: For The Love Of Art by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2013
So centje are you going to sell that picture or hang it in your room or dash somebody? What do you plan to do with it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

For Professional Logo,t-shirt,banners,business Card,and Any Graphics WORK Enter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.