Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,575 members, 7,850,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:30 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180972 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Michealeni: 8:37pm On Jan 04, 2013
please expert in the house i need ur help on how connect my glo bb plane with my modem. i can only connect with edge/gprs.........pls help me out so i can experience the speed also
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by LeJeun3: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2013
nsidible: we all knw airtel bis data was much b4.3gb plues.wen dey discover it was used in non blackberry device it was reduce to 1gb.hope glo don't copy diz!
Which year was that? Cos I can't remember this one o o!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
luluosas:
You indeed got a subscription message. What you are now waiting for is the activation message from 777, which you need to send the word 'Status' to 777 to know the status of your BB subscription. Meanwhile, until you received activation SMS from 777, all your browsing are FREE no matter how the data you may have pulled. Good luck.
mhen I did and I also configure for ma two uncls am lyk a star now. So I can do wat I want until de message comes,but wat if it neva comes?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
With de way pipu are doing here,it shows dat pipu use bb cos of deir cheap browzin...I have a dream dat one day we will have equal data plans on all fones
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:07pm On Jan 04, 2013
Michealeni: please expert in the house i need ur help on how connect my glo bb plane with my modem. i can only connect with edge/gprs.........pls help me out so i can experience the speed also
First, create a new profile on your Modem with name Glo Blackberry, APN blackberry.net and please, leave the space for password and username blank and then, make this profile the default profile on your modem.
Meanwhile, depending on your location right now, Edge signal is what you will get when you are in a place not covered by Glo 3G service. But, when in a 3G covered area, your signal will become HSDPA/3G or something like that.
By the way, have subscribe to the Glo BB plans already?

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by nsidible(f): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2013
LeJeun3: Which year was that? Cos I can't remember this one o o!
2010/2011
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by newman10(m): 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
I'm never tired of doing speed test o grin grin

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
Jeffy1206: With de way pipu are doing here,it shows dat pipu use bb cos of deir cheap browzin...I have a dream dat one day we will have equal data plans on all fones
I just hope so but, normal internet data plans will never be as cheap as BB plans because, RIM is compressing BB data to the end users, which are not available on normal internet service.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Michealeni: 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
luluosas:
First, create a new profile on your Modem with name Glo Blackberry, APN blackberry.net and please, leave the space for password and username blank and then, make this profile the default profile on your modem.
Meanwhile, depending on your location right now, Edge signal is what you will get when you are in a place not covered by Glo 3G service. But, when in a 3G covered area, your signal will become HSDPA/3G or something like that.
By the way, have subscribe to the Glo BB plans already?
have tried what u pasted and this the error i keep getting ERROR628: THE CONNECTION WAS TERMINATED BY REMOTE COMPUTER BEFORE IT COULD BE COMPLETE
Also there is 3G/HSPDA in my area
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
newman10: I'm never tired of doing speed test o grin grin
That's good.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Michealeni:
have tried what u pasted and this the error i keep getting ERROR628: THE CONNECTION WAS TERMINATED BY REMOTE COMPUTER BEFORE IT COULD BE COMPLETE
Also there is 3G/HSPDA in my area
Please, what make is the modem you using and what network is it tied to. If it is from other network providers, hope it is unlocked already.
Please, can you upload a screenshot of the page error and the settings page as well? Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 11:15pm On Jan 04, 2013
luluosas:
OK. Leave it on 'Automatic' and it ought to work there.
Please, check if your configuration is correct. APN, blackberry.net while space for username and password should be left empty. Then, make sure this profile is set as your 'Default' and try again. If does not still work, do snap the screenshot for us to better understand your situation.
By the way, is your BB plan active already? Just text 'Status' to 777 now and post the result you will receive here. Thank you.

My BB is activated. I have 3072MB comonth plan.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2013
luluosas:
The least thing I expects Glo to do about this BB plans working on phones and other devices, is to formally 'advertise' it on their network. Should they do, you can imagine how people will be flooding their network because of BB service. In all, it is a win win situation for them, as long as their network can accommodate the surging subscribers that will come on board.
I don't think Glo will go public with this
The sudden shift to their network may not be something they can handle immediately and there will definitely be a lot of BAD-MOUTHING
just go solo the way Airtel did
Lol
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Felzzz: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
Is it possible I browse cos I dont have a BB at all. I dey wait abeg. Thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 11:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Felzzz: Is it possible I browse cos I dont have a BB at all. I dey wait abeg. Thanks.
guy e be like se uno de follow dis thread sins o.u dnt nid a bb at all cool
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Felzzz: 11:47pm On Jan 04, 2013
Jeffy1206: guy e be like se uno de follow dis thread sins o.u dnt nid a bb at all cool

abeg show ur boy the way na.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 5:48am On Jan 05, 2013
Felzzz:

abeg show ur boy the way na.
wch fone u de use?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by RedReact: 7:29am On Jan 05, 2013
sinade1:

Is it working now? If you are still getting that error with what oga lulu shared, just restart your pc. I have 2 zte modems and anytime I created a new profile, that nonsense was what I always got; and after some time, it will be okay.
@luluosas, thanks for the discovery. I am sorry in my other post for not acknowledging your discovery. God bless you. I told an expert your discovery and was surprised it worked cause it didn't work before the time he tried it. At my end here, I'm not using glo cos the network is not good and besides, Edge/Gprs is not okay for me cos it may take hours to download a simple attachment from mail.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by LeJeun3: 7:31am On Jan 05, 2013
nsidible: 2010/2011
Guy no dey carry us play jare! U know since when I dey use Airtel? Go joor. undecided
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:19am On Jan 05, 2013
sinade1:

Please, snap the screenshot on the page with the error message and upload it here. Also check if all your configuration is correct. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:38am On Jan 05, 2013
lynxnoon:
I don't think Glo will go public with this
The sudden shift to their network may not be something they can handle immediately and there will definitely be a lot of BAD-MOUTHING
just go solo the way Airtel did
Lol
Whether they go solo or not, they will surely notice the sudden change on their network particularly on their BB subscription. By the way, we (Glo subscribers) discovered this avenue ourselves and yet, it is already spreading far and wide.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:10am On Jan 05, 2013
RedReact:
Is it working now? If you are still getting that error with what oga lulu shared, just restart your pc. I have 2 zte modems and anytime I created a new profile, that nonsense was what I always got; and after some time, it will be okay.
@luluosas, thanks for the discovery. I am sorry in my other post for not acknowledging your discovery. God bless you. I told an expert your discovery and was surprised it worked cause it didn't work before the time he tried it. At my end here, I'm not using glo cos the network is not good and besides, Edge/Gprs is not okay for me cos it may take hours to download a simple attachment from mail.
You are most welcome. We are all here to find positive and legal ways in maximizing our benefits in using the services of our telecoms providers here in Nigeria.
As for not using Glo yet, I think you should just give a trial because, Glo 3G services is not available yet throughout Nigeria, which usually result in Edge/GPRS signal display in your area.
I am also in a place not covered by Glo 3G service yet, though the network is slow on Edge and sometimes very frustrating but, it is still very good. So, I will encourage you to give it a trial now. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 9:31am On Jan 05, 2013
Felzzz: Is it possible I browse cos I dont have a BB at all. I dey wait abeg. Thanks.
You don't need any BB phone to get this BB plan to work for you. Whether you are using a Java, iOS, Android, Symbian, BB7, Windows enabled devices, it will work. As I am talking to you right now, I activated the Glo BB plan (Coweek) on my 'ordinary' Nokia 101 phone while the Sim card is right now in a Glo Bolt Modem.
The only thing you need this BB plan to work is to create a profile with the name, Glo Blackberry and APN with blackberry.net leaving the space for password and username empty and make it your default profile. You should be good to go.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 9:36am On Jan 05, 2013
since subscribe no message had been sent to me as yet.my pc has updated windows up to 600mb and my antivirus has updated as well and am still steady i guess they've not notice anytin, am going to njoy while it last cheesy grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2013
Jeffy1206: since subscribe no message had been sent to me as yet.my pc has updated windows up to 600mb and my antivirus has updated as well and am still steady i guess they've not notice anytin, am going to njoy while it last cheesy grin
Keep sending 'Status' to 777 and your subscription details will be sent to you.
Meanwhile, as long as your subscription is inactive yet, you are surfing 100% legal and free too. The only way Glo can limit this free usage is to always activate every subscription sharp sharp. However, should your subscription becomes unsuccessful, Glo will refund your money because, that is exactly what happened to me when I first subscribed, even after pulling so much data with the unactivated BB plans. Keep on enjoying your browsing.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 10:33am On Jan 05, 2013
luluosas:
Keep sending 'Status' to 777 and your subscription details will be sent to you.
Meanwhile, as long as your subscription is inactive yet, you are surfing 100% legal and free too. The only way Glo can limit this free usage is to always activate every subscription sharp sharp. However, should your subscription becomes unsuccessful, Glo will refund your money because, that is exactly what happened to me when I first subscribed, even after pulling so much data with the unactivated BB plans. Keep on enjoying your browsing.
i'll definitely njoy as long as i can
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2013
Your account is ACTIVE and will expire on 05/01/2013 21:40. You are on Coweek.Your remaining volume is 356 Mb.Your renewal status is ACCEPTED.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:
The above status was my balance on my Coweek subscription as at 1st January, 2012.
It will be expiring today by 9.40pm tonight with a lot of data still left on it.
Your account is ACTIVE and will expire on 05/01/2013 21:40. You are on Coweek.Your remaining volume is 265 Mb.Your renewal status is ACCEPTED.You have 0 Blackberry bonus on your account:
I am thinking of subscribing to Comonth but, I want to use my new Glo Sim card that came with my Bolt Modem. If there was anyway of transferring this remaining data volume to my new Glo line, I would have do it but now, I am stocked as a customer care representative from 121 just told me that, it is not POSSIBLE to transfer BB subscription to another line.
Maybe I just have to use this my present Sim card to subscribe to Comonth BB plan later in the day before it will expire.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by nsidible(f): 11:16am On Jan 05, 2013
LeJeun3: Guy no dey carry us play jare! U know since when I dey use Airtel? Go joor. undecided
lol
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by uhuns: 11:49am On Jan 05, 2013
18pages of good news
would like the original op
to paste his details.I have a recharge card for him. I think we can encourage inovators in NL.
wld want to take a leed on this one.though am on airtel 2 for 3 promotion.
I hope to use it on my led tv as soon as I get my lan cables.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:51am On Jan 05, 2013
After seeing how fast this thread have grown since the day i created it, on Sunday December 23, 2012 at 1.03am in the midnight, I am but very grateful to everyone here, who have contributed one way or the other to the growth and success of this thread so far. You are all a wonderful people to meet.
I want to say a BIG and SPECIAL thank you to all the Admins on the phone Section. At page 19 and 604 comments, 5,128 views so far and still counting, not a SINGLE post from anybody here was banned (hidden) for any reason. This indeed is a rear feet here on Nairaland. All thanks to all your decent and wonderful posts.
Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18)
by luluosas. 604 posts & 5128 views. 11:16am (nsidible)
To be honest, this is my best Thread ever since I joined Nairaland on Thursday, 13th December, 2007, with so much traffic, even though not making it to the Front Page of Nairaland yet.
To all of you that trusted our judgment(s) and gave this Glo BB plan a trial, you are the reason this thread grew so well. Thank you.
And to you people, that provided solution and help to other people in resolving their challenges on using this Glo BB plans on phones and other devices, I owe the success of this thread to you all, for your wonderful idea you provided in resolving the issues they brought up here.
And finally, to those of you who have been visiting this thread without a single post/comment, you contributed immensely for the success of this thread. I hope you too have given the Glo BB plan a trial already. Thank you all.
However, please, all of us should endeavour to spread this feat around so that, more and more people will get to know about this and be position to enjoy bigger data volume for less amount on the Glo network.
Thank you all and may we discover more legal ways to use and enjoy the services of ALL telecoms providers in Nigeria. Happy New Year to you all and keep on enjoying your Glo BB plans, working PERFECTLY on phones and other devices right now.
Thank you all so much.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:56am On Jan 05, 2013
uhuns: 18pages of good news
would like the original op
to paste his details.I have a recharge card for him. I think we can encourage inovators in NL.
wld want to take a leed on this one.though am on airtel 2 for 3 promotion.
I hope to use it on my led tv as soon as I get my lan cables.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness. My details are email: lugardosas@gmail.com and my 'Original' Glo number is 08051516844.
Spammers, please, stay off those details. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 3:26pm On Jan 05, 2013
infact dis is one of the thread on NL dat i followed from begining and am not ready to quit now...about the front page it has all de qlty to make it but due to the unoficial of dis by glo I think made dem not to put it on front page.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (102)

Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.