Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,154 members, 7,860,139 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (181120 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by prince4pro(m): 6:45am On Feb 13, 2013
pls my nokia 200 didn't come wit personal configuration,pls any hope 4 me?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by seunlayi(m): 7:04am On Feb 13, 2013
what a life transforming tread. I am happy,.......... Glo rule
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Rexyl(m): 7:40am On Feb 13, 2013
Kamaye: I use sybla tv for android the app is very cool it has over 120 channels which you can watch football, movies, news and lots more.

It is just interesting here but watching tv programs on data plan that is not unlimited, I wonder how often and how much you will recharg and subscribe for I thought that could imply heavy data consumption. Or you are able to cut corner! Can somebody compare variation in data consumption btw watching tv online and playing yutube video?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:59am On Feb 13, 2013
Kamaye: I use sybla tv for android the app is very cool it has over 120 channels which you can watch football, movies, news and lots more.
OK. I have TVC for now. I will try that out also. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:01am On Feb 13, 2013
stanjohn57: I feel like I belong to another world each time I read complains about the GLO BIS on other devices usage. I actually have been using the BIS on my Bold 9900 for about 7months now. Thanks to Luluosas, I started using it on my modem since last week when he helped unlock my MTN fastlink. Since then, I have never experienced a glitch while browsing with my modem. Right now I don't have a dime and am surfing. Infact, my modem is more reliable than the blackberry that I now prefer to use the plan on my modem. Maybe the problems you guys experience are location dependent!
Yes, location is a great determinant here. However, I think the Glo Blackberry service has been having issues since this week though mine has been smooth on my Android phone using it as a Hotspot to connect my laptop.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:02am On Feb 13, 2013
prince4pro: pls my nokia 200 didn't come wit personal configuration,pls any hope 4 me?
How do you mean please?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:04am On Feb 13, 2013
manufos: This is a lifesaver,been sampling other networks for d most android friendly data plan,dis will do.My activation is still pending but I've been surfing on my android, no major issues other than d normal network stuff. Great find and Kudos to the originator for sharing. Glo rules.
Yes, on a pending mode, you are ABSOLUTELY BROWSING FREEEEEEEE. However, always send 'Status' to 777 to know whether your subscription is already active. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Kamaye(m): 8:05am On Feb 13, 2013
Rexyl:

It is just interesting here but watching tv programs on data plan that is not unlimited, I wonder how often and how much you will recharg and subscribe for I thought that could imply heavy data consumption. Or you are able to cut corner!
No not at all, I subscribe to the weekly plan which has 700mb data cap I watch nigeria's match against burkina faso with about 300mb of data. the remaining 400mb will be enough for me throughout the week for my facebook and twitter that's all.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:19am On Feb 13, 2013
Rexyl:

It is just interesting here but watching tv programs on data plan that is not unlimited, I wonder how often and how much you will recharg and subscribe for I thought that could imply heavy data consumption. Or you are able to cut corner! Can somebody compare variation in data consumption btw watching tv online and playing yutube video?
Well, I will sample it when I am free. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 13, 2013
Wow where have i been..Are u guys saying i dont hav to subscribe this glo inside a blackberry phone before it will work on my android? I could just subscribe for the thing inside my android phone like i do with airtell and it becomes live?

Luluosas twalle o...i dey xpect.reply.thanx bos grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 8:30am On Feb 13, 2013
Kamaye: No not at all, I subscribe to the weekly plan which has 700mb data cap I watch nigeria's match against burkina faso with about 300mb of data. the remaining 400mb will be enough for me throughout the week for my facebook and twitter that's all.

Yeah, you are right.

I also watch my favourite football matches on Justin.tv (on iPhone) each time i dont have access to a bigger screen.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by nsidible(f): 8:30am On Feb 13, 2013
prince4pro: pls my nokia 200 didn't come wit personal configuration,pls any hope 4 me?
>Menu
>Settings
>Configuration
Personal Settings
>Add (or add new)
>Internet
Edit account name 'glo blackberry'
Select “No” in use “preferred
access point”
Access point settings
Bearer settings
Edit “packet data access
point” 'blackberry.net
leave every tin else blank
Activate that.then go back again.>Settings
>Configuration
>Personal Settings
Add (or add new)
Accesspoint in put blackberry.net nd leave d username nd password blank.
Default config. Settings: select
“personal configuration”, and
click on “by default”
By default in apps: select
“yes”
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by DeeOneBangin: 8:37am On Feb 13, 2013
Hi guys, jst saw on the glo website that their bundle is nw unlimited, be it Somonth, Comonth, Soweek, Coweek. Gurus in the house, how true is this? U can see for urself

http://www.gloworld.com/blackberryplans.asp

Mehn if its true, i go happy die oooo

2 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:49am On Feb 13, 2013
fifty: Wow where have i been..Are u guys saying i dont hav to subscribe this glo inside a blackberry phone before it will work on my android? I could just subscribe for the thing inside my android phone like i do with airtell and it becomes live?

Luluosas twalle o...i dey xpect.reply.thanx bos grin
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! In fact, I did my subscription using ordinary Nokia 101 phone you know. Just go ahead and subscribe. Don't pay any attention on their remove battery bla bla bla. Once you have subscribed, start browsing even though it will say pending at first. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:56am On Feb 13, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:
Hi guys, jst saw on the glo website that their bundle is nw unlimited, be it Somonth, Comonth, Soweek, Coweek. Gurus in the house, how true is this? U can see for urself

http://www.gloworld.com/blackberryplans.asp

Mehn if its true, i go happy die oooo
It is never unlimited ooooooooo. There is a fair usage language attached, which means, there's is a limit on the data size allocated. Thank you.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:57am On Feb 13, 2013
Ekennovative: cry Mine is working fine on phone but keeps disconnecting each time i connect to laptop. I'm actually using Nokia PC Suite, could it be the problem?

I still have about 2,976 MB and I don't want it to waste.
Have you ever used it successfully on the laptop before? It should be working on the laptop too hence it is working on your phone. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 9:12am On Feb 13, 2013
luluosas:
It is never unlimited ooooooooo. There is a fair usage language attached, which means, there's is a limit on the data size allocated. Thank you.

You are right.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 9:18am On Feb 13, 2013
luluosas:
Have you ever used it successfully on the laptop before? It should be working on the laptop too hence it is working on your phone. Thank you.

It's working but disconnects frequently, like every minute, hence, you can't download or update with it. You can't even browse properly with it.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ekennovative(m): 9:27am On Feb 13, 2013
manufos: This is a lifesaver,been sampling other networks for d most android friendly data plan,dis will do.My activation is still pending but I've been surfing on my android, no major issues other than d normal network stuff. Great find and Kudos to the originator for sharing. Glo rules.

I advice you not to bother sending STATUS to 777 again, because when i subscribed on 7th mine was still pending, but when I decided to check the status on 9th, I was immediately told that my a/c was active and would expire on 9th of march. Meaning that it starts counting whenever you check your status and it's already active.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by manufos(m): 9:27am On Feb 13, 2013
Question room. After subscription expires and one subscribes again, will there be a pending activation period again??
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by manufos(m): 9:31am On Feb 13, 2013
Ekennovative:

I advice you not to bother sending STATUS to 777 again, because when i subscribed on 7th mine was still pending, but when I decided to check the status on 9th, I was immediately told that my a/c was active and would expire on 9th of march. Meaning that it starts counting whenever you check your status and it's already active.

U r rite o, bt it's stil amazing hw dis stuff works, U can have virtually unlimited data if u jus follows these rules.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by DeeOneBangin: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2013
Baba how do u use ds plan on iphone, help a broda out. Currently am using airtel 1Gb bundle for 1,200 whereas I can get a 3Gb bundle with glo @ d same price.

Ps: pls explain in details

sinade1:

Yeah, you are right.

I also watch my favourite football matches on Justin.tv (on iPhone) each time i dont have access to a bigger screen.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 13, 2013
luluosas:
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!! In fact, I did my subscription using ordinary Nokia 101 phone you know. Just go ahead and subscribe. Don't pay any attention on their remove battery bla bla bla. Once you have subscribed, start browsing even though it will say pending at first. Thank you.

Luluosas tanx for replying me.I wil try it tmrw as soon as my airtel xpayas...And one more thing,.... i would giv u my sister for marriage naani grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:52am On Feb 13, 2013
fifty:

Luluosas tanx for replying me.I wil try it tmrw as soon as my airtel xpayas...And one more thing,.... i would giv u my sister for marriage naani grin
Hahahahaha! How many wife you want to marry na? Anyway, thank you for the offer.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by akwunmi(m): 12:22pm On Feb 13, 2013
[quote author=mjay]Come to think of it, Glo actually have more to gain by leaking and leaving this new devt. If anyone subcribe to its BB such person is entitled to the data allocation of 3gig for 1200/1400. Whether you use BB or android or PC should actually not bother Glo cos once you exhaust your allocation, it expires for you to renew, which is actually more patronage for glo BB sub. There is every tendency that there will be mass migration from Airtel to Glo from peeps who have been enjoing similar be PLS IS DARE ANY SETTIN U NID 2SET ON D ANDROID FONE OR ITS JST D BLACKBERRY.NET ONLY?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:09pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ekennovative:

Friend, whether you send Status to 777 or not, your plan will still be activated. However, it is always advisable to as this will allow you to know the status of your subscription. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2013
akwunmi:
PLS IS DARE ANY SETTIN U NID 2SET ON D ANDROID FONE OR ITS JST D BLACKBERRY.NET ONLY?
Just edit the APN settings on the Glo Sim on your Android phone. Change it to blackberry.net and empty the username, password and proxy. That's all and you should be able to browse once you subscribe. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2013
manufos: Question room. After subscription expires and one subscribes again, will there be a pending activation period again??
Why will you allow your subscription to expire in the first place should you be having left over data on your present subscription?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by otokx(m): 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2013
they charged me yesterday though they later stopped and today again especially when tethering.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by manufos(m): 3:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
luluosas:
Why will you allow your subscription to expire in the first place should you be having left over data on your present subscription?

I mean after 7 or 30 days respectively. Wat happens?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Lordwize(m): 4:01pm On Feb 13, 2013
Can I download android os for my n97? if yes, how pls?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 4:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
otokx: they charged me yesterday though they later stopped and today again especially when tethering.
Well, that could be an issue with Glo though. Meanwhile, my account has been 3 naira plus and I have been tethering since Glo dashed me this Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos phone without any issues. Therefore, you need to call them to refund you money for you. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (102)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Android, Anyone? / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.