Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,293 members, 7,860,707 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:41 PM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (181131 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2013
*solid*:

Its not a new sim, and I have N8 on it.
Try topping airtime & reconnect, you should be browsing free while the activation remains pending. Though I ve browsed with zero airtime but i think it varies with sims or location I guess.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2013
*solid*:
======URGENT HELP NEEDED=====

Hello guy, pls i need ur urgent help. I just loaded 1200 on my glo sim and I send somonth to 777 through my unlocked glo netpro modem, and i was told my activation is pending and will take up to 1hr b4 it is active.

I've not been able to connect, it just keep disconnecting. I already created another browsing profile with blackberry.net as the APN.

Pls my fellow NLder gurus, what sld I do to b able to connect?
On a pending mode, you should be able to browse. Meanwhile, did you make the blackberry.net APN your default profile? Again, does it show any message when it disconnect?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Rexyl(m): 10:08pm On Feb 11, 2013
May God help us with our choice. All these people are no saints. Any unexpected development could happen through any one of them. The country will just be unfortunate finding itself in the hands of people who will be recycling the same distrust and deficient polity, by
measuring the strength and short coming of all those parading themselves as the agents of change, and going by the accounts and previous experiences with them as some people following every thing had stated. Only if the roles they played at one time or the other are justified by good reasons , they can stand as tested and reliable fellows to man successfully the task ahead. It wouldn‘t be funny that we shall still have a long way to go.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2013
cyber999: I hope it's not blocked.

Mine too stopped working this afternoon at around 3 o clock.

Glo, please don't block this. This is the best data plan for android phone
It is not block and will never be blocked by Glo, so long they keep offering BB service on their network. Meanwhile, the issue appear to be general BB service on Glo as there are lots of complain on their twitter handle. Visit this link https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=globacomlimited&src=typd and see what I am talking about. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:12pm On Feb 11, 2013
Rexyl: May God help us with our choice. All these people are no saints. Any unexpected development could happen through any one of them. The country will just be unfortunate finding itself in the hands of people who will be recycling the same distrust and deficient polity, by
measuring the strength and short coming of all those parading themselves as the agents of change, and going by the accounts and previous experiences with them as some people following every thing had stated. Only if the roles they played at one time or the other are justified by. good reasons , they can stand as tested and reliable fellows to man successfully the task ahead. It wouldn‘t be funny that we still have a long way to go.
Bros, this seems to be an off topic comment. What are you trying to pass around please? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
stephenponti:

Mine stopped 11:30am I started calling customer care 121 , 333 & they picked the call on 121 around 4:30. I logged the complain and instantly as I dropped the call and tried browsing it worked out just fine. Advice to all While using this bb service you should know it is not reliable, when it fails to browse be patient and try the service after some break. After the break if things never get better, call 121 or at best 333 though the latter number is hard to get by. Keep enjoying your glo bb on your various devices. Thank u all.
Bros, the Glo BB service is very reliable. What happened today affects mostly BB plan users (BB phone/non BB phone). This is what I fathomed from their twitter page https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=globacomlimited&src=typd as a result of the complains there. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2013
cyber999: Yeah, it's back and working again. Thanks to all the gurus on this wonderful thread, especially Lulosas and Darkdrill and other contributors. You guys are the best.
Thanks for the complements.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:23pm On Feb 11, 2013
Jeffy1206: Pls lulu help me get de unlock code of dis mtn modem ...356342045816135
Here are your details.
UNLOCK CODE : 49013708
FLASH CODE : 58671733
Please, try and specify the Modem type next time so that you are not given a wrong code.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2013
tunnex190: what is the name of this glo bb plan you are all talking about? How much is the plan and how do we activate the plan? And how many data bandwidth will be given?
The name of the service is called Glo Blackberry Service (Glo BIS), and it has different plans with different amount and different data volume. However, all the different plans only matters if you are using a Blackberry phone but, when using the BB plans on a non BB phone such as a USB modem, Android phone/device, iOS phone/device, Windows phone/device or even ordinary Java phone, it does not make any difference at all.
So, if you are considering using the cheapest monthly Glo BB plan with a 3GB data volume on a non BB phone, I advice you to buy the Somonth plan.

By the way, here are the different Glo BB plans, subscription amount, validity period, data cap and activation code for your considerations. Thank you.
1. Soweek cost N400 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Soweek to 777 to subscribe.
2. Somonth cost N1,200 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Somonth to 777 to subscribe.
3. Coweek cost N400 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Coweek to 777 to subscribe.
4. Comonth cost N1,400 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Comonth to 777 to subscribe.
5. Bisweek cost N900 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Bisweek to 777 to subscribe.
6. Bismonth cost N2,800 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Bismonth to 777 to subscribe.
7. Besweek cost N1,400 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Besweek to 777 to subscribe.
8. Besmonth cost N4,200 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Besmonth to 777 to subscribe.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:16pm On Feb 11, 2013
tunnex190:

Somebody should reply me. I've never used GLO to browse before so i want to give it a trial. Is it CoWeek? And does it work fine on a modem+laptop? Must I have a Blackberry phone before i can activate it?
There is no big grammar about it.
Just buy a Glo Sim card, register it and activate it by calling any number with the line as well as recharging it to enable buy Glo BB data plans. Then, if you are using a phone, go to your internet settings and change your APN to blackberry.net and make sure other fields (username, password, proxy) are left empty. This is the same thing you will do if you are using a USB Modem but, you must make the profile default here.
Then, buy any plan of your choice (Check my last reply to you on how to do this) to subscribe. You will get a reply from 777 telling you about the status of your subscription. You can then begin to browse even if they tell you it is pending. That's all. Hope it's clear.
Meanwhile, you don't need a Blackberry phone to do all this and it works fine on any internet enabled phone/device (USB modem, Android phone/device, iOS phone/device, Windows phone/device or even ordinary Java phone).
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 11:37pm On Feb 11, 2013
Na wao. Using my phone to Tether with my laptop is draining my battery. Imagine the battery I charged at 100% could only last for 3 hours plus.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by puskin: 12:06am On Feb 12, 2013
luluosas: Na wao. Using my phone to Tether with my laptop is draining my battery. Imagine the battery I charged at 100% could only last for 3 hours plus.

What did you expect? for it last a day? grin grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:28am On Feb 12, 2013
I have been enjoying my internet browsing for the very first time on my laptop while connecting via Hotspot, (thanks to Glo for the gift of a Samsung Galaxy Y Pro DUOS). In fact, it has been very smooth and very fast without any single disconnection, which was never the case before now, when using my Bolt modem or, connecting through Bluetooth using my LG GX500 phone. The only thing here is the fact that, my battery is draining fast while on tethering.

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 12:31am On Feb 12, 2013
puskin:

What did you expect? for it last a day? grin grin
E for even be 3 days na. How you see am?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 5:55am On Feb 12, 2013
luluosas:
Here are your details.
UNLOCK CODE : 49013708
FLASH CODE : 58671733
Please, try and specify the Modem type next time so that you are not given a wrong code.
ok. Tanx is an mtn modem
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by tunnex190: 6:35am On Feb 12, 2013
luluosas:
The name of the service is called Glo Blackberry Service (Glo BIS), and it has different plans with different amount and different data volume. However, all the different plans only matters if you are using a Blackberry phone but, when using the BB plans on a non BB phone such as a USB modem, Android phone/device, iOS phone/device, Windows phone/device or even ordinary Java phone, it does not make any difference at all.
So, if you are considering using the cheapest monthly Glo BB plan with a 3GB data volume on a non BB phone, I advice you to buy the Somonth plan.

By the way, here are the different Glo BB plans, subscription amount, validity period, data cap and activation code for your considerations. Thank you.
1. Soweek cost N400 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Soweek to 777 to subscribe.
2. Somonth cost N1,200 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Somonth to 777 to subscribe.
3. Coweek cost N400 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Coweek to 777 to subscribe.
4. Comonth cost N1,400 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Comonth to 777 to subscribe.
5. Bisweek cost N900 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Bisweek to 777 to subscribe.
6. Bismonth cost N2,800 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Bismonth to 777 to subscribe.
7. Besweek cost N1,400 valid for 7 days and with a limited data volume of 700MB. Text Besweek to 777 to subscribe.
8. Besmonth cost N4,200 valid for 30 days and with a limited data volume of 3GB. Text Besmonth to 777 to subscribe.

Thanks a lot. But how do we check the remaining data bundle left?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Rexyl(m): 7:07am On Feb 12, 2013
luluosas:
Bros, this seems to be an off topic comment. What are you trying to pass around please? Thank you.

yeah, should be deleted here, has bn taken to appropiate place.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:22am On Feb 12, 2013
tunnex190:

Thanks a lot. But how do we check the remaining data bundle left?
Text Status to 777
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:23am On Feb 12, 2013
Rexyl:

yeah, should be deleted here, has bn taken to appropiate place.
OK.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:26am On Feb 12, 2013
Jeffy1206: ok. Tanx is an mtn modem
What I meant is whether it is a Huawei, ZTE and others.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by tunnex190: 7:54am On Feb 12, 2013
luluosas:
Text Status to 777

thanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by saintneo(m): 7:57am On Feb 12, 2013
Using this opportunity to thank all the positive contributors to this thread, special thanks the OP luluosas.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:06am On Feb 12, 2013
saintneo: Using this opportunity to thank all the positive contributors to this thread, special thanks the OP luluosas.
Thank you very much.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:07am On Feb 12, 2013
tunnex190:

thanks
You are welcome.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by toluxa1(m): 8:13am On Feb 12, 2013
I thought my own SIM can't browse if credit does not exceed N50, since I have been trying endless to connect since day before yesterday night, so I loaded N100 on the SIM this morning, yet I can't browse.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by bily(m): 8:15am On Feb 12, 2013
luluosas: Na wao. Using my phone to Tether with my laptop is draining my battery. Imagine the battery I charged at 100% could only last for 3 hours plus.

why not just plug your phone into the usb port of your laptop? that way you're phone is charging while tethering

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:29am On Feb 12, 2013
toluxa1: Seems my own SIM can't browse if credit does not exceed N50
Well, if that is what you have observed, just keep so. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:34am On Feb 12, 2013
bily:

why not just plug your phone into the usb port of your laptop? that way you're phone is charging while tethering
OK. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 10:15am On Feb 12, 2013
luluosas:
Bros, the Glo BB service is very reliable. What happened today affects mostly BB plan users (BB phone/non BB phone). This is what I fathomed from their twitter page https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=globacomlimited&src=typd as a result of the complains there. Thank you.

Well may be it because of my location I ve tried severally to hv a steady download without a break on 3g within one hour to no avail. Thank god for download accelerator. If u tether a phone to the pc you might not really get the picture bc u can tether wirelessly while the Internet on the phone is off the tethered network can still be counting hours. Except u use only gprs. 3G fluctuates real bad.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 10:19am On Feb 12, 2013
Null
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 10:19am On Feb 12, 2013
Rexyl: May God help us with our choice. All these people are no saints. Any unexpected development could happen through any one of them. The country will just be unfortunate finding itself in the hands of people who will be recycling the same distrust and deficient polity, by
measuring the strength and short coming of all those parading themselves as the agents of change, and going by the accounts and previous experiences with them as some people following every thing had stated. Only if the roles they played at one time or the other are justified by good reasons , they can stand as tested and reliable fellows to man successfully the task ahead. It wouldn‘t be funny that we shall still have a long way to go.

Dude u miss road!!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by stephenponti(m): 10:21am On Feb 12, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (102)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Android, Anyone? / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.