Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,015 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:35 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (181014 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Daraplato(m): 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
So na Airtel dey do am now. Hope still dey say glo go restore the stuff.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by niggi4life(m): 2:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
hakunajay:

Rihanna? Who be Rihanna abeg? A new cheat?
. Lollllllllllllllll
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by niggi4life(m): 2:26pm On Feb 20, 2013
D way dis thread is goin' its goin 2 b d longest thread on NL diz year oo
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Chitexs250(m): 2:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
sinade1:

you didnt read your book.

Oya stop chewing pen and wasting paper. grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na just now dem come check my paper dem come surprise say

Cheiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
I too sabi book well well
Say I no need extra sheet again
Na straight to scholarship I derserve
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
Men and brenthren, all hope is not lost yet in using this Glo BB plans on non BB device. This is what Glo twitted at me today, though I am yet to try it, but will do so now. Update will be rolling in shortly.
@lugardosa It was due to a system issue at the time. The issue has been resolved now. You may need to subscribe to a data plan.
https://twitter.com/GlobacomLimited/status/304201900084035584
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 3:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
The internet signal is coming and going immediately. So, no show yet.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ositadima1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
luluosas: Men and brenthren, all hope is not lost yet in using this Glo BB plans on non BB device. This is what Glo twitted at me today, though I am yet to try it, but will do so now. Update will be rolling in shortly.

This response is vague.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Hotdiamond(m): 3:19pm On Feb 20, 2013
ositadima1:

This response is vague.
very vague.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
luluosas: Men and brenthren, all hope is not lost yet in using this Glo BB plans on non BB device. This is what Glo twitted at me today, though I am yet to try it, but will do so now. Update will be rolling in shortly.

Yeah, I saw the tweet.

Let's be hopeful.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
ositadima1:

This response is vague.
What are you then implying?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2013
okay..i hav seen the tweet. There's hope. wink
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 3:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
sinade1:

Yeah, I saw the tweet.

Let's be hopeful.
Some how, this issue will be resolved. Meanwhile, no internet signal yet on my device.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by knytred: 3:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
Back on airtel surprisingly it is fast even on E.... I was used to 100 mb a day now I have to revert back to 30mb a day, well I use it only for instagram and watsapp...wen I was on glo na hotspot to my fone and tab, I downloaded games...well I guess its back to mizing...half bread is better than stone

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ammanison(m): 4:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
@luluosas we are proud of you,but let's not deceive ourselves,glo has finally block this thing.its better we all forget about this whole issue and just move ahead.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
ammanison: @luluosas we are proud of you,but let's not deceive ourselves,glo has finally block this thing.its better we all forget about this whole issue and just move ahead.
they are not just ready to wake up to reality. hope the network issue is resolved soon.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Proffdada: 4:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
luluosas:
Well, I don't think there's wild goose chasing here. Have you also considered why Airtel is routing their BB service for non BB device through their own APN? Yet, they are offering it very cheap on their own network. Glo need to wake up jor.

It's airtel's move to keep traffic and their customers with such treat which glo tried to sample but got d raw end
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by bigtt76(f): 5:00pm On Feb 20, 2013
Been following with rapt attention. I must commend Lulosas but at the same time admonish him and other for making the 'cheat' stuff sometin like its a right to have. No that is wrong. I just saw the tweet ...telling the Glo guys you actually use it for Galaxy Phone ...like seriously? Are you trying to expose what they already know and get them sacked? You think they don't have boy and girl friends they share such with to woo them? In as much as its working on other phones doesn't make it your right. Abroad its called tethering and most providers charge you extra for such service or they block it out rightly. Come to think of it ....if Glo can prevent you putting more than one email account on some package, do you think it would be difficult for them to block BIS use on none BB fones? very simple to do and configure. All the need to do is programme their SIM card to read your phone's PIN and send to the system before you can be enabled.

Another instance is you think they are foolish, you subscribe to BIS 3G no traffic is going in or out of your email server profile on BB and BBM yet your traffic keeps getting consumed with high downloads through non-BB browsers? Haba.

To all those poking fun ...I say don't worry it shall be rectified. What happened was during that rain early monday morning, Glo's VPN connection to Blackberry Server and Internet Backbone were affected by the storm resulting in lack of 3G signals or 2G in some places. If truly they blocked the APN blackberry.net ....you will see the 3G sign on your device but it won't browse. But right now, we are not seeing it which means the 3G transmitters is down. it comes off and on.

It would be very difficult for the network to change the BB APN without recourse to Blackberry Engineers input. All mobile Networks connect to the central BB Server in the UK using their GPRS (If you check your Host Register on BB you will see it populated 620 GPRS bla bla ....) as the VPN mode. They can only block you tethering by preventing more than one MAC address per connection on their server. Changing the APN involves a lot of routing locally. Airtel succeeded because they first of all route all BB traffic through their local data network to their BB VPN server. so you first connect to their Data network before going to the BB network.

Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed till weekend. Its being resolved in phase and most importantly let us desist from telling the Glo people openly what we are doing else they would nip it out. Though they are getting the money which is important, credibility of the BB service in Nigeria can be compromised using this cheap way of providing BB service to end users thereby resulting in RIM disconnecting them all.

One love guys. Please don't try to question my source or expertise on all this ....ok? Pls.

8 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by aribitoye(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
bigtt76: Been following with rapt attention. I must commend Lulosas but at the same time admonish him and other for making the 'cheat' stuff sometin like its a right to have. No that is wrong. I just saw the tweet ...telling the Glo guys you actually use it for Galaxy Phone ...like seriously? Are you trying to expose what they already know and get them sacked? You think they don't have boy and girl friends they share such with to woo them? In as much as its working on other phones doesn't make it your right. Abroad its called tethering and most providers charge you extra for such service or they block it out rightly. Come to think of it ....if Glo can prevent you putting more than one email account on some package, do you think it would be difficult for them to block BIS use on none BB fones? very simple to do and configure. All the need to do is programme their SIM card to read your phone's PIN and send to the system before you can be enabled.

Another instance is you think they are foolish, you subscribe to BIS 3G no traffic is going in or out of your email server profile on BB and BBM yet your traffic keeps getting consumed with high downloads through non-BB browsers? Haba.

To all those poking fun ...I say don't worry it shall be rectified. What happened was during that rain early monday morning, Glo's VPN connection to Blackberry Server and Internet Backbone were affected by the storm resulting in lack of 3G signals or 2G in some places. If truly they blocked the APN blackberry.net ....you will see the 3G sign on your device but it won't browse. But right now, we are not seeing it which means the 3G transmitters is down. it comes off and on.

It would be very difficult for the network to change the BB APN without recourse to Blackberry Engineers input. All mobile Networks connect to the central BB Server in the UK using their GPRS (If you check your Host Register on BB you will see it populated 620 GPRS bla bla ....) as the VPN mode. They can only block you tethering by preventing more than one MAC address per connection on their server. Changing the APN involves a lot of routing locally. Airtel succeeded because they first of all route all BB traffic through their local data network to their BB VPN server. so you first connect to their Data network before going to the BB network.

Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed till weekend. Its being resolved in phase and most importantly let us desist from telling the Glo people openly what we are doing else they would nip it out. Though they are getting the money which is important, credibility of the BB service in Nigeria can be compromised using this cheap way of providing BB service to end users thereby resulting in RIM disconnecting them all.

One love guys. Please don't try to question my source or expertise on all this ....ok? Pls.

very professional writeup indeed..the best on this thread so far coming from a babe!..thanks a lot sis
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
^^^ Correct man.

I like your technical terms.

Let's wait and seeeee. grin grin grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by aribitoye(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20, 2013
sinade1: ^^^ Correct man.

I like your technical terms.

Let's wait and seeeee. grin grin grin

NO BE MAN, NA BABE O
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Kamaye(m): 5:37pm On Feb 20, 2013
bigtt76: Been following with rapt attention. I must commend Lulosas but at the same time admonish him and other for making the 'cheat' stuff sometin like its a right to have. No that is wrong. I just saw the tweet ...telling the Glo guys you actually use it for Galaxy Phone ...like seriously? Are you trying to expose what they already know and get them sacked? You think they don't have boy and girl friends they share such with to woo them? In as much as its working on other phones doesn't make it your right. Abroad its called tethering and most providers charge you extra for such service or they block it out rightly. Come to think of it ....if Glo can prevent you putting more than one email account on some package, do you think it would be difficult for them to block BIS use on none BB fones? very simple to do and configure. All the need to do is programme their SIM card to read your phone's PIN and send to the system before you can be enabled.

I have the 3G sign on my phone yet it is not browsing.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by sinade1(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
aribitoye:

NO BE MAN, NA BABE O

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º​=))

No mind me Õoooº°˚ ˚°º

I no even look wella.

Correct babeeee!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2013

Hmmmm .. .. .. This makes more sense compared to what I have been hearing all day
Whatever it is .. Hope network issue will be resolved quickly
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 5:41pm On Feb 20, 2013

Hmmmm .. .. .. This makes more sense compared to what I have been hearing all day
Whatever it is .. Hope network issue will be resolved quickly
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by adewasco2k(m): 5:42pm On Feb 20, 2013
wow...so impress by the write up....i can but wonder if she is working for one of the network providers....so professional and i will go with her.....you guys should keep it on the low and wait.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by lynxnoon(m): 5:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
Seems to be working now wink

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Leopantro: 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2013

this girl knows her stuff.
marry me. .

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by routsz: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
@bigtt76(f)
Thanx 4 yr informed contribution. Its not about 'cheatin' per se, its d reality of d fact that there's a massive android (& other non-BB) population here that d network providers have to design unique services 4. Somehw BB gets d glory in all of these but I've been 1 android user who consistently detests anythin BB. No 1 wants to cheat - remember every non-BB who subscribed to this also paid 4 it. Its all about d service providers realisin these facts & providin users-specific services (data bundle in this case) @ realistic prices. Kudos to luluosas

2 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Francheezy(m): 6:56pm On Feb 20, 2013
bigtt , u b c0nfam 0oh.
Buh whr u c0me dey sins ?
Na peeps lyk u we need 4 here 0oh....
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by knytred: 7:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
winkbigtt
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Proffdada: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2013

I'm not a pessimist but Glo is messed when it comes to handling traffic and even if restored their services are always poor and crafty. Imagine!they pretended they can't fix daily deduction plan I tried to opt out from. THIEVES!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Jeffy1206(m): 7:22pm On Feb 20, 2013
interguru: pls I did d stuff. then it started sayin Same as present profile, is dat how it works
ya

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (102)

Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series! / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.