Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,288 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180839 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by mayeonline: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
mine stopped working exactly the rain started falling heavily,that makes sense.there was a lady who said something about the rain spoiling some things and dont allow some glo users use either 3g or H+...try it your self,switch your bb to 3g or hspa,i bet it wont work,i used my sim on a 3g and hspa torch 2,and when i switched to 3g,the network went off and didnt browse on the BB...i cant use edge on my android its too fucking slow for it.this is why edge wont work...
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by softtouch2(m): 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sorry (********)
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Blov: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
luluosas:
My phone is rooted. What do I need to do to use it? If it is feasible, I will try it though I detest MTN big time.
I FEEL FO THOSE OF U DAT CAN NO LONGER BROWSE WIT DIA ANDROID phone using glo BB data. the truth is dat my own has never fail me even now. I even try to share it today with N8, etisalat GaGa, and nk E71 and all of them were connected without any stress. i only bt change my apn to d normal blackberry.net on my rooted tecno T1
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by dejegaprop: 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
@soft-touch thanks for sharing
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by omoboy08(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2013
adewasco2k: Yes, i second the motion to make it an open group....its not about cheats, we need a fair deal on internet usage from our service providers. if blackberry plan can go for 1,500 for 3GB then its only fair to make it a general deal for other devices. im still trying to ask someone in the UK if same applies there.....somebody mention about netwrok providers sharing a general BB server which is located in UK...i totally agree, but check it this way....

1. Airtel gives your 1GB for 1,400 on BB plan which work cross-platform
2. MTN gives unlimited data for 1,500 on BB which is strictly for BB
3. Glo gives 3GB for 1,400 on BB

my conclusion! if the BB server is not been controlled by Nigerian network providers, how come MTN can give unlimited and airtel allows it cross-platform?
Seconded to be an open group, cos it has already blown out. Let just be guided on what we want to achieve with it. Also this shouldn't be aimed at glo only but to other network provider

2 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Blov:
I FEEL FO THOSE OF U DAT CAN NO LONGER BROWSE WIT DIA ANDROID phone using glo BB data. the truth is dat my own has never fail me even now. I even try to share it today with N8, etisalat GaGa, and nk E71 and all of them were connected without any stress. i only bt change my apn to d normal blackberry.net on my *****
Hmmm, those Glo pple may be reading ur post and tryng their best to also block **** phones from using glo bis!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by omoboy08(m): 2:20pm On Feb 21, 2013
mayeonline: mine stopped working exactly the rain started falling heavily,that makes sense.there was a lady who said something about the rain spoiling some things and dont allow some glo users use either 3g or H+...try it your self,switch your bb to 3g or hspa,i bet it wont work,i used my sim on a 3g and hspa torch 2,and when i switched to 3g,the network went off and didnt browse on the BB...i cant use edge on my android its too fucking slow for it.this is why edge wont work...

but if u change your apn to gloflat/secure with your 3g on, it will brw like madn suck ur credit. While it will brw with bb.net be it 3g or edge.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by walcolm(m): 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
soft-touch:
Sorry (Glo Agent everywhere)

still not working...
i have 3gb BB data and it takes me to hsi asking me to choose a package
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Ganys: 2:37pm On Feb 21, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
It works fine on non glo universal modem on PC
This Glo badt oooOo, Glo bolt modem can't connect too, thank God for my intelligence, I'm rocking on my PC with Glo BIS with non Glo modem,
@luluasas, try to connect on a universal modem with the same settings, it will go. Glo modem is a disaster....anyone that try it should give a feedback...As for me, I'm rocking with mine8) cool cool
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by kalaways(m): 3:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
[/color][color=#990000]I activated my galaxy tab with this & it was working fine, I kept getting messages that I need to recharge cos my credit is low, I removed the sim, put in my bb recharged, only to find that I still had credit, & also now had 2 months subscription! I put the sim back on the tab, & now it won't work!!! I just see the 3G by the sinal bar, but no browsing, no nothing! Re-did the data APN settings & all, still not working, what went wrong?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by adewasco2k(m): 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ganys: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
It works fine on non glo universal modem on PC
This Glo badt oooOo, Glo bolt modem can't connect too, thank God for my intelligence, I'm rocking on my PC with Glo BIS with non Glo modem,
@luluasas, try to connect on a universal modem with the same settings, it will go. Glo modem is a disaster....anyone that try it should give a feedback...As for me, I'm rocking with mine8) cool cool
bro thats not a point....i have been lucky with it to at times it just connect coz i have a non-glo modem and yea...its not connecting right now.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by mayeonline: 5:48pm On Feb 21, 2013
i believe the servers are different BB use a different server from glo flat servers.but how come it stopped working when the rain fell,did anyone think of that.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by bigtt76(f): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
Very possible BB server got struck by lightening and quickest remedy was diverting traffic through their local data server. and
mayeonline: i believe the servers are different BB use a different server from glo flat servers.but how come it stopped working when the rain fell,did anyone think of that.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by elampiro(m): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
Mcleo007: Guys, try this. It worked briefly for me but runs slow. Didn't do much as I had to get off me laptop

...change ur apn to
rim.blackberry.net username to
web..password..glogwap

Is this still working for you?

2 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by DeeOneBangin: 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2013
Using my Pc to post this via MTN bis. Thanks bro

Ogetogeo:

Works perfectly on 'rooted andriod phones' and Pc.

You can check here for testimonies. http://koboplace..com/2012/09/mtn-bis-or-multi-links-plus-sandwich.html?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by WackyJ1(m): 9:31pm On Feb 21, 2013
Blov:
I FEEL FO THOSE OF U DAT CAN NO LONGER BROWSE WIT DIA ANDROID phone using glo BB data. the truth is dat my own has never fail me even now. I even try to share it today with N8, etisalat GaGa, and nk E71 and all of them were connected without any stress. i only bt change my apn to d normal blackberry.net on my rooted tecno T1
It's now up to you to do a personal research and find out what is different in your own that is making it to work on your phone and not others
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by WackyJ1(m): 9:33pm On Feb 21, 2013
I went back to airtel and i'm now managing 1gb data while i save up for mtn unlimited which i will use on my PC. now that i have mentioned it, i should say that it is not wise that we should continue mentioning MTN's own here lest something happens to it, i hate the fact that we have to keep things like this secret but after Glo has done their worst who knows what can happen nxt
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by flinton(m): 9:46pm On Feb 21, 2013
Internet data plan disparity in nigeria is unfair, since itz like that we hv to make do wif wat we hv, I download large files wif my mtn bis using ucweb on my bb, then transfer the files to my android device, then manage my airtel 1gb judiciously for browsing and other lite activities on my android device
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by elampiro(m): 9:53pm On Feb 21, 2013
luluosas:
I am currently updating my map. Will try it when I am done. Thank you.

Feedback please. Thanks.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Mcleo007(m): 9:56pm On Feb 21, 2013
elampiro:

Not anymore
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Mcleo007(m): 9:59pm On Feb 21, 2013
elampiro:

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by elampiro(m): 10:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
[quote author=Mcleo007][/quote]

ok
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by kunlebco(m): 12:08am On Feb 22, 2013
I just stumble on this thread now and realised that I've been paying #2000 to mtn for just 500mb every two weeks for the past months. Chei, mtn don scam me tire.
Pls could anyone tell me which network bis to use now and what apn and password to use on my htc sensation.
Pls help a brother in need.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by ashson: 12:59am On Feb 22, 2013
kunlebco: I just stumble on this thread now and realised that I've been paying #2000 to mtn for just 500mb every two weeks for the past months. Chei, mtn don scam me tire.
Pls could anyone tell me which network bis to use now and what apn and password to use on my htc sensation.
Pls help a brother in need.
u can use airtel, 1400, send bcm to 440, apn- internet.airtel.ng.com, user n paswrd- internet
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 1:06am On Feb 22, 2013
cyrexx:

While I love this idea and I fully support it.

There are two suggestions though.
1. Why do you make it a closed group. I thought the idea is to have as many members as possible. You should have created it as an open group NOT a closed group.
2. You should encourage every member to share the page on their wall, thereby reaching as many as possible.

Thanks.

By the way, I have sent my request to join the group, waiting for the admin to approve my membership.

The group remains under advisement. I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense...
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 2:25am On Feb 22, 2013
Deeone_bangin!:

aBeg it should be an open group jare!!!

Cool down. Na democracy we de. Let's hear everyone's view and decide collectively on everything that the group should be and do (i.e. in line with the group's vision and mission).
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 2:29am On Feb 22, 2013
cyrexx:

Still, this doesnt stop telecoms agents from joining the group and getting access.

The best thing is to make the group a legit telecom customers union facebook group where we voice our displeasure with Nigerian telecoms operations. Not a a secret group to discuss illegal cheats and tweaks. I never support any illegal acts in any format. I only used Glo bis on my android smartphone because I thought Glo permitted it on non-BB devices. But seriously telecoms companies should increase their data cap for non-BB devices.

I still move the motion to make it an open LEGIT GROUP for customers of Nigerian telecoms service providers to voice their grievances (or satisfaction) with the services they render to Nigerians. .

Another logical point here. If what we plan to achieve in this group is justice, then our modus operandi should as such be legit. Your point is well noted. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Awemo(f): 7:25am On Feb 22, 2013
And for android users theres what we call droid vpn,it works for mtn bis,as we all knw b4 mtn biz is unlimited..no dulling[/quote]

How can 1 subscribe 4 ds?bbt
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Awemo(f): 7:26am On Feb 22, 2013
And for android users theres what we call droid vpn,it works for mtn bis,as we all knw b4 mtn biz is unlimited..no dulling[/quote]

How can 1 subscribe 4 ds?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Hotdiamond(m): 7:55am On Feb 22, 2013
guys there is no need to panic. GLO ALWAYS MICRO PLAN GIVES YOU A WHOOPING 200MB plus 60MB ABSOLUTELY FREE. You know What to dial to migrate.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Dondbuzor: 8:08am On Feb 22, 2013
Hotdiamond: guys there is no need to panic. GLO ALWAYS MICRO PLAN GIVES YOU A WHOOPING 200MB plus 60MB ABSOLUTELY FREE. You know What to dial to migrate.
u be glo agent for nairaland abi.....god go punish u.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by adewasco2k(m): 8:16am On Feb 22, 2013
Hotdiamond: guys there is no need to panic. GLO ALWAYS MICRO PLAN GIVES YOU A WHOOPING 200MB plus 60MB ABSOLUTELY FREE. You know What to dial to migrate.
surely a GLO agent in the building

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (102)

Tecno M5 discussion thread / Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.