Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices - Phones (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices (180865 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel Ng Officially Launches New Blackberry Plans. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Chitexs250(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2013
sinade1:

=))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º​=))

No mind me Õoooº°˚ ˚°º

I no even look wella.

Correct babeeee!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Na me and This babe sabi book pass
Na we follow dey demand for that extra sheet before Glo tell us say na scholarship we derserve

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:15pm On Feb 20, 2013
ammanison: @luluosas we are proud of you,but let's not deceive ourselves,glo has finally block this thing.its better we all forget about this whole issue and just move ahead.
Thank you. However, in reply to my email today, they told me the issue have been resolved and that I should do a hard reset by removing my battery. Although I'm yet to do that now but, I still believe this issue is a network problem. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:23pm On Feb 20, 2013
tumababa:
they are not just ready to wake up to reality. hope the network issue is resolved soon.

Why are you rushing into conclusion like this? When this BB thing was working, this thread attracted traffic but, not as much as the last 3 days since this challeges began. Therefore, this goes to show you that a lot of people truly benefited in using this blackberry.net APN. So, I just hope it is a network problem so that we all can finish our remaining data volume yet. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2013
bigtt76: Been following with rapt attention. I must commend Lulosas but at the same time admonish him and other for making the 'cheat' stuff sometin like its a right to have. No that is wrong. I just saw the tweet ...telling the Glo guys you actually use it for Galaxy Phone ...like seriously? Are you trying to expose what they already know and get them sacked? You think they don't have boy and girl friends they share such with to woo them? In as much as its working on other phones doesn't make it your right. Abroad its called tethering and most providers charge you extra for such service or they block it out rightly. Come to think of it ....if Glo can prevent you putting more than one email account on some package, do you think it would be difficult for them to block BIS use on none BB fones? very simple to do and configure. All the need to do is programme their SIM card to read your phone's PIN and send to the system before you can be enabled.

Another instance is you think they are foolish, you subscribe to BIS 3G no traffic is going in or out of your email server profile on BB and BBM yet your traffic keeps getting consumed with high downloads through non-BB browsers? Haba.

To all those poking fun ...I say don't worry it shall be rectified. What happened was during that rain early monday morning, Glo's VPN connection to Blackberry Server and Internet Backbone were affected by the storm resulting in lack of 3G signals or 2G in some places. If truly they blocked the APN blackberry.net ....you will see the 3G sign on your device but it won't browse. But right now, we are not seeing it which means the 3G transmitters is down. it comes off and on.

It would be very difficult for the network to change the BB APN without recourse to Blackberry Engineers input. All mobile Networks connect to the central BB Server in the UK using their GPRS (If you check your Host Register on BB you will see it populated 620 GPRS bla bla ....) as the VPN mode. They can only block you tethering by preventing more than one MAC address per connection on their server. Changing the APN involves a lot of routing locally. Airtel succeeded because they first of all route all BB traffic through their local data network to their BB VPN server. so you first connect to their Data network before going to the BB network.

Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed till weekend. Its being resolved in phase and most importantly let us desist from telling the Glo people openly what we are doing else they would nip it out. Though they are getting the money which is important, credibility of the BB service in Nigeria can be compromised using this cheap way of providing BB service to end users thereby resulting in RIM disconnecting them all.

One love guys. Please don't try to question my source or expertise on all this ....ok? Pls.
To be honest, this superb professional write-up is from an insider from the telecoms corridor. Thank you for your advice.
However, neither me nor anyone that contributed to this Thread never take the use of Glo BB plans on non BB devices as a right. In fact, this was never a 'cheat' as every user of this BB plans were paying for it.
Yes, I tweeted about this BB plans on Twitter but, that's a mere fraction as compared to the visit to Nairaland on a daily basis. Therefore, even if I have never tweeted about it, Glo surely would have still know as a result of the sudden rise in their BB subscription.
Meanwhile, I am so sure this current challenges is a network issue and we hope it will be resolve soon. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
routsz: @bigtt76(f)
Thanx 4 yr informed contribution. Its not about 'cheatin' per se, its d reality of d fact that there's a massive android (& other non-BB) population here that d network providers have to design unique services 4. Somehw BB gets d glory in all of these but I've been 1 android user who consistently detests anythin BB. No 1 wants to cheat - remember every non-BB who subscribed to this also paid 4 it. Its all about d service providers realisin these facts & providin users-specific services (data bundle in this case) @ realistic prices. Kudos to luluosas
Thank you. It was actually the differences between BB subscription and HSI subscription that drives me into looking for avenue to get more data volume for less. Therefore, if Glo were offering 500MB - 800MB for N1,000 on the HSI platform, who would care about some BB stuff?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Proffdada:

I'm not a pessimist but Glo is messed when it comes to handling traffic and even if restored their services are always poor and crafty. Imagine!they pretended they can't fix daily deduction plan I tried to opt out from. THIEVES!
Not very correct. Glo internet service is good in my area even though it is just EDGE. Thank you.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by biomedixexcel(m): 9:32pm On Feb 20, 2013
" It was due to a system issue
at the time. The issue has been resolved
now. You may need to subscribe to a data
plan."

Let's examine the tweet by gloworld very well.........
I think I read between the lines......
It implies the BB subscription you were using on ur Android phone at that time occurred due to system error and it has been rectified, so u can't use it on your non-bb phone again. in other to continue ur browsing, u will av to subscribe for data plan and not BIS.
I understand u didnt get the context well but now you know.
This thing is gone!!!

3 Likes

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by seunlayi(m): 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2013
adewasco2k: [size=13pt]I cant believe you guys are doing this to yourself.....they will block it now....and even if the first poster delete it what about the guys quoting it cant you guys just be wise [/size]
when I came back to delete it, I discovered that there was no use deleting it since they have started quoting me. Hop my daily 1g + data will not stop soon?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by hairyman(m): 10:01pm On Feb 20, 2013
If it happens to be that this glo bis has been blocked, can one make it work using any of tthe available vpn softwares
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Daraplato(m): 10:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
hairyman: If it happens to be that this glo bis has been blocked, can one make it work using any of tthe available vpn softwares
Try droidvpn, but I don't think it would work. But try first sha. Thanks
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by mrdrizzy(m): 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2013
luluosas:
To be honest, this superb professional write-up is from an insider from the telecoms corridor. Thank you for your advice.
However, neither me nor anyone that contributed to this Thread never take the use of Glo BB plans on non BB devices as a right. In fact, this was never a 'cheat' as every user of this BB plans were paying for it.
Yes, I tweeted about this BB plans on Twitter but, that's a mere fraction as compared to the visit to Nairaland on a daily basis. Therefore, even if I have never tweeted about it, Glo surely would have still know as a result of the sudden rise in their BB subscription.
Meanwhile, I am so sure this current challenges is a network issue and we hope it will be resolve soon. Thank you.
bros to be honest its really really wrong.posting such on their page itself,..they have agents that observe any leakage and take care of it,posting it,would add a big question mark to their job,there are many ways of twisting a question!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by DeeOneBangin: 11:05pm On Feb 20, 2013
Nice one bro. Glo themselves av said it all. Meanwhile this thread seems to be growing by the day weda Glo or no Glo.

biomedixexcel: " It was due to a system issue
at the time. The issue has been resolved
now. You may need to subscribe to a data
plan."

Let's examine the tweet by gloworld very well.........
I think I read between the lines......
It implies the BB subscription you were using on ur Android phone at that time occurred due to system error and it has been rectified, so u can't use it on your non-bb phone again. in other to continue ur browsing, u will av to subscribe for data plan and not BIS.
I understand u didnt get the context well but now you know.
This thing is gone!!!
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by adewasco2k(m): 11:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
Downloading my Windows 8 pro upgrade using Glo wink 2.4GB of data to pull tonight
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 12:02am On Feb 21, 2013
adewasco2k: Downloading my Windows 8 pro upgrade using Glo wink 2.4GB of data to pull tonight
how
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by adewasco2k(m): 12:08am On Feb 21, 2013
sam4xadams:
how
its not totally bloocked....if you get lucky, it connects and you are on live! but dont try to disconnect to confirm coz u will not be able to connect again
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 21, 2013
i'v read all this post but what i can confirm is that bigtt is sayin the truth but the bis glo for now only work on techno phones. Yes it work on techno phone coz the glo technology can't picture techno phone imei properly to Ban the 3g data. So only one device work for now: techno android phone.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by LeJeun3: 12:38am On Feb 21, 2013
#justthinking: No Glo agent who can throw some light on this issue?

A customer care agent can't know which type of phone you are using for any subscription. Unless he has time to insert your line on the Stand Alone Device Manager, but when you call and say you are using a BB no one checks your line.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by WackyJ1(m): 4:55am On Feb 21, 2013
This is just too bad. I'm distraught. Glo is just a terrible network and after this i'll never fall for any of their tricks again
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Kamaye(m): 6:20am On Feb 21, 2013
sam4xadams: i'v read all this post but what i can confirm is that bigtt is sayin the truth but the bis glo for now only work on techno phones. Yes it work on techno phone coz the glo technology can't picture techno phone imei properly to Ban the 3g data. So only one device work for now: techno android phone.
wrong, it is not connecting on my Tecno N3 but when I change to gloflat the signal will appear immediately and start browsing.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 6:23am On Feb 21, 2013
mr.drizzy:
bros to be honest its really really wrong.posting such on their page itself,..they have agents that observe any leakage and take care of it,posting it,would add a big question mark to their job,there are many ways of twisting a question!
So, what is your suggestion now?
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by xzit(m): 7:06am On Feb 21, 2013
luluosas:
@lugardosa

@Luluosas I've added u and set u as an admin for the fb group 'Telecoms Customers' Union of Nigeria (TelCUM)'. So u can begin adding folks from here who share the same grievances regarding this glo issue. Once we build a sizable number we can begin taking actions. I'm thinking an open letter to NCC endorsed by all members will be one of those action in due course of time. We will add as many people as share our ideals, but in doing so be careful to vet their identity so we don't include telecoms agent into the closed membership. I believe we will be heard in time to come. Telecoms companies, like banks cant continue to take undue advantage of us cos we keep their business alive!
May God Almighty bless this struggle....

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 21, 2013
^^^^^p[sup][/sup]ls post the link
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 7:39am On Feb 21, 2013
xzit:

@Luluosas I've added u and set u as an admin for the fb group 'Telecoms Customers' Union of Nigeria (TelCUM)'. So u can begin adding folks from here who share the same grievances regarding this glo issue. Once we build a sizable number we can begin taking actions. I'm thinking an open letter to NCC endorsed by all members will be one of those action in due course of time. We will add as many people as share our ideals, but in doing so be careful to vet their identity so we don't include telecoms agent into the closed membership. I believe we will be heard in time to come. Telecoms companies, like banks cant continue to take undue advantage of us cos we keep their business alive!
May God Almighty bless this struggle....
Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:01am On Feb 21, 2013
Rudebwoy: ^^^^^p[sup][/sup]ls post the link
Here is the link to the Facebook group.
https://www./151015021723682/
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by luluosas(m): 8:22am On Feb 21, 2013
Good morning every one. Plaease, if you were a benefactor of the just blocked blackberry.net APN by Glo and you feel so embarassed by this ugly development, especially as you have lost your hard earn resources to Glo for subscribing to a data plan you were never allow to use, then, come to facebook and request a membership for the group ( TELECOMS CUSTOMERS' UNION OF NIGERIA (TelCUN) ).
The sole aim of this new group is to have one voice among all the telecoms subscribers in Nigeria, thereby speaking whenever we are short-changed in the usage of our subscribed services. You must always be proud as a customer to these telecoms service providers because, you, the customer is the one keeping them afloat on their business success.
Without a customer, will there ever be a success in business? Certainly not. Therefore, visit https://www./151015021723682/
to join so that we will all smile at the long run.
Mobile users, please here is the link https://m./151015021723682/ to the group.
Come one, come all. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by twinskenny(m): 8:49am On Feb 21, 2013
I was able to connect last nite..*nd browse for some hrs before I went to bed...
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by knytred: 8:51am On Feb 21, 2013
Has anyone tried putting his or her glo sim in a bb and try using their hotspot to connect to other devices especially android devices
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Nobody: 8:55am On Feb 21, 2013
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by cyrexx: 9:00am On Feb 21, 2013
luluosas: Good morning every one. Plaease, if you were a benefactor of the just blocked blackberry.net APN by Glo and you feel so embarassed by this ugly development, especially as you have lost your hard earn resources to Glo for subscribing to a data plan you were never allow to use, then, come to facebook and request a membership for the group ( TELECOMS CUSTOMERS' UNION OF NIGERIA (TelCUN) ).
The sole aim of this new group is to have one voice among all the telecoms subscribers in Nigeria, thereby speaking whenever we are short-changed in the usage of our subscribed services. You must always be proud as a customer to these telecoms service providers because, you, the customer is the one keeping them afloat on their business success.
Without a customer, will there ever be a success in business? Certainly not. Therefore, visit https://www./151015021723682/
to join so that we will all smile at the long run.
Mobile users, please here is the link https://m./151015021723682/ to the group.
Come one, come all. Thank you for your understanding and patience. Good morning.

While I love this idea and I fully support it.

There are two suggestions though.
1. Why do you make it a closed group. I thought the idea is to have as many members as possible. You should have created it as an open group NOT a closed group.
2. You should encourage every member to share the page on their wall, thereby reaching as many as possible.

Thanks.

By the way, I have sent my request to join the group, waiting for the admin to approve my membership.
Re: Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices by Francheezy(m): 9:23am On Feb 21, 2013
u guyz r jst t0o funnY...
@lugard, i av sent a request t0 d gr0up
Cheezy#

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (102)

The New USSD Code For Airtel Night Data Plan / Android, Anyone? / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.