Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (14982 Views)

Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 4:04pm On Dec 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: Son of a b*tch!! OAM4J resigned as well
Cowboy.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Akanbiedu(m): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
Big up Jarus.

#Nairaland going the Nigerian way#
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by takedat(m): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
Achebe is a hero to some and villain to others. GEJ was inducted last year not because every NLander was dissatisfied with him(GEJ) but those who nominated and voted him exceeded his lovers. If "Acheberians" decided to be passive during the nomination thread, they shouldn't start crying foul during the actual voting.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by ITbomb(m): 4:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
This should have been a family affair among the mods to deliberate on the shamefulness or otherwise of the said thread .
Why should Seun open a thread for it when he has direct access to the Moderator.
As everything in Nigeria , there is more to it. I'm expecting another version of the story
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva: I also think this is a case of medicine after death. if Seun had intervened when we were crying tribalism on this forum, all this wouldn't have happened. In sane forums people get banned in few seconds of making a nonsensical post but on nairaland they keep getting two days ban instead of being banned for life and their IP blocked. I think Seun and the Mods are to blame because they indirectly supported this.

abegi!

the tribal war on this forum was a long time coming. . .but you lot are the architects - as far back as 2006 you lot have always been posting your rubbish black jew, highest number of jamb takers/scores; owners of lagos and abuja rubbish. when you were not whining genocide, you were chest beating about ogubiewetincall and other stories.

6 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
Odunnu:

I miss-read your comment. I apologise for that. wink
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Odunnu: 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

Try to use your freaking brain for once. Odunnu said Achebe is a demi-god here. Is he a demi-god here? If he were a demi-god, would he be in the running for that post? Don't quote me again if you are going to be moronic.
I meant Seun actually
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by coogar: 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm really not in support of what Seun did. That's why i want to know the rationale behind his action. Is it that the "Hall of shame" idea in itself is bad? Or that it's wrong for Achebe to be inducted. If the latter is the case then we have to know the kind of people that can be inducted. Is it politicians, terrorists etc.

but the same achebe made the hall of fame list in the last edition. every nigerian i know respects chinua achebe until we saw the content of his memoir. you cannot point accusing fingers falsely and expect me to smile. the same achebe even claimed the other tribes in nigeria envy the ndigbos!!!! envy??

5 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
Katsumoto:

I miss-read your comment. I apologise for that. wink
Apology accepted grin Next time just read properly..Thanks
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by seunfly: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seun caused all this nonsense for himself by allowing tribalism and ethnic hatred to survive on nairaland. This has lead to suspision causing anything to be viewed through tribalism. Anyway kudos to seun for coming out against this and i wish he can follow through by making nairaland intolerant to tribalistic peaple from east to west north to south.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Apology accepted grin Next time just read properly..Thanks

She edited her original post. But I apologised in anycase to Odunnu.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2012
seanet02: If he is not concerned, why all this noise?
Bloody ibo hypocrites
who is making the noise? Is it you and your fellow bigots who keep having nightmares and sleepless nights because of achebe's memoir or achebe who doesnt give a shiiit about what y'all think about him? Achebe is a hero! Live with it or go hang yourself!

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by seanet02: 4:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
berem: who is making the noise? Is it you and your fellow bigots who keep having nightmares and sleepless nights because of achebe's memoir or achebe who doesnt give a shiiit about what y'all think about him? Achebe is a hero! Live with it or go hang yourself!
yeah hero in your gully erosion pervaded iboland?
Achebe remain the most bigoted and useless liar in this world.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Katsumoto: 4:19pm On Dec 24, 2012
berem: who is making the noise? Is it you and your fellow bigots who keep having nightmares and sleepless nights because of achebe's memoir or achebe who doesnt give a shiiit about what y'all think about him? Achebe is a hero! Live with it or go hang yourself!

You should qualify your points. One man's hero is another man's terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2012
seanet02: yeah hero in your gully erosion pervaded iboland?
Seun, pls this troll should be banned for life. We need to start sanitizing this forum.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by PointB: 4:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
Feraz: Ok...the question I have to ask is this: since the book was written and published, why hasn't anyone come out to counter his claims of whatever allegations he laid in the said book?
The truth is that until we actually sit down as a people to study this civil war issue and get the actual story behind it, then it would keep coming up and the same cycle of reopening old wounds would continue even when we all are in the grave........

Some people would rather we bury the event of the civil war and move on. How can those who were not personally affected understand the feelings of those who bore the brunt? This apathy is the core of the sectional protest against Prof Achebe, which led to the ethnic motivated nomination.

Jarus citation of the respected Achebe provided more ammunition to tribalist. In anycase, Seun has a business to protect, and have done the most pragmatic thing.

As for the civil issue, you are right Nigeria CAN NEVER sweep it under the carpet, it will continue to be a recurring decimal in our political and social development until we all sit down and discuss it fully, not in a piecemeal way.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by manny4life(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2012
Personally, I don't see what the FUSS is about; anyone could care less about what NL think. I have appealed to some people to please let he situation rest. It's rather funny that the folks voting are same ole biased, recycled, regurgitated tribal warriors, so why should people care about these folks say nor what they think?

The day NL opinions become relevant in the scheme of thing, then will your protest, till then, whether he was nominated or sworn into hall of shame is just too irrelevant as far as Manny is concerned. Like Seun said, in as long as the Majority stands with him, however, there's no way of expressing their opinions because the polls doesn't allow that, . then I guess it is what it is. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by manny4life(m): 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2012

Either way, deal with it.

Geez, what is wrong with all of yall?

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by manny4life(m): 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
Seun, pls this troll should be banned for life. We need to start sanitizing this forum.

Haha, my brother that is far from happening. NL prefers quantity to quality. Even the voting thing, I never participated after reviewing the thread. It was just bullsh.it from top to bottom.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Geomac: 4:28pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seun, you didn't cancel it last year when President GEJ was inducted into the inglorious Nairaland Hall of Shame. Who the hell is Achebe?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
PointB:

Some people would rather we bury the event of the civil war and move on. How can those who were not personally affected understand the feelings of those who bore the brunt? This apathy is the core of the sectional protest against Prof Achebe, which led to the ethnic motivated nomination.

Jarus citation of the respected Achebe provided more ammunition to tribalist. In anycase, Seun has a business to protect, and have done the most pragmatic thing.

As for the civil issue, you are right Nigeria CAN NEVER sweep it under the carpet, it will continue to be a recurring decimal in our political and social development until we all sit down and discuss it fully, not in a piecemeal way.

errr. . .what would you lot have done? boycotted NL? gone off in a huff to start some piss pot kobokwenu forum( like that hasn't been tried already and fallen flat)? kidnap coercion?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 24, 2012
ok i don hear! Oya go 3rd mainland bridge go jump inside the water before Achebe go start to pursue for your dream.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by masterpiecer(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
seun, i think you owe jarus an apology

3 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Geomac: 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seun, I can bet it if these people will not call you a coward as they always tag people from your ethnic group.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by nitrogen(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
What can I say? Seun, you were definitely pushed into this, and, evidently, you are beginning to loose it.

For sanity's sake, what is the biggie in nominating 'Oluwashina Achebe', when he was nominated last year (hall of fame), those bigots never did complain, it is called 'sheer tribalism and enthnocentrism'.

Again, what is the biggie in communicating first with the moderators before those actions of yours? Once again, it shows how irrational those in positions are and how they are intoxicated with power.

Oga seun, I respect you a lot, but for this, I don't know what to say.
BTW, I really like what Jarus and Oamj just did. Sadly Seun has been inducted into nairaland's 'hall of shame'.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by TippyTop(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2012
A VIEW FROM THE TOP

The most intelligent and dangerous tribal bigot here is Katsumoto. I hope Seun in his wisdom don't make that mistake of appointing Katsumoto a moderator.
Katsumoto cleverly uses subtle hints and phrases to hide his real intent. A hybrid of both good and bad, Seun think well before naming your next General in this section.

OAMJ and Jarus will be missed nonetheless.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Amaechi Queries LADOL For Receiving Ships Carrying Oil, Gas-related Cargoes / FG Seeks Private Funding To Close $2.5 Billion Electricity Gap / APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.