Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame (14983 Views)

Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode / Nairaland Politics Section Hall Of Shame 2012 - Grand Finale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by coogar: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
Geomac: Seun, I can bet it if these people will not call you a coward as they always tag people from your ethnic group.

if nkiru sylvanus and pete edochie could be kidnapped, kidnapping seun would be a stroll in the park. let's give seun a break......prevention is better than cure. grin
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
Why do y'all want to deny Achebe another prestigious award? tongue
The Nobel laureate prize has been elusive to him, not this one as well.
The bigoted Achebe deserves this award; please, let the voting continue.

Achebe for hall of shame!
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Umartins1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 24, 2012
Can someone explain this?

Politics - Nairaland
Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics (Moderators: OAM4J , Jarus )

I thought they've tendered thier resignation letters.

Kai!! Typical Yoruba hypocrite.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by PointB: 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
oyb:

errr. . .what would you lot have done? boycotted NL? gone off in a huff to start some piss pot kobokwenu forum( like that hasn't been tried already and fallen flat)? kidnap coercion?

The one who 'matters' has done what is needed. No need belaboring the issue.

I only feel sad about OAM4j resignation. He seem to have a good head on his shoulder, and not arrogant not fixated. Too bad, he opted for the camaraderie (or easy path) by following the Jarus through the door.

Seun should look for mature folks to man this section now. Certainly not Mukina2 anyway!

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Akanbiedu(m): 4:37pm On Dec 24, 2012
Geomac: Seun, I can bet it if these people will not call you a coward as they always tag people from your ethnic group.

This is actually a cowardly act.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Mowire: 4:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
TERRIBLE!
Seun, bro, u just came across as some of the "leaders" we (Nigerians) detest. Pls don't head the way of likes of Abatti (I don't know how else to put @moment).
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by babapupa: 4:40pm On Dec 24, 2012
lmao @ June 12 in 2012.

Disgusting Nigerians, 419, ojoro and wuruwuru is your national character and it never fails. Carry go seun, you really are a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
babapupa: lmao @ June 12 in 2012.

Disgusting Nigerians, 419, ojoro and wuruwuru is your national character and it never fails. Carry go seun, you really are a Nigerian.

seems the mayan prophecy is manifesting in mysterious ways on nl . . .
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
Seun has fuked up!!!

Omo Ale Yoruba na him you be Seun!

You didn't say anything about the threads that were made to bring down the Image of Awolowo.

When Awoists reacted by making Achebe -Most heard anti Awo- the hall of shame award winner, you are now looking for controversy?

Why didn't you talk before the process started? Wow! You are going to lose a lot of traffic here sir! Trust me. Naijapals is smiling right now.

4 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Afam4eva(m): 4:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
0lumide: Seun has fuked up!!!

You didn't say anything about the threads that were made to bring down the Image of Awolowo.

When Awoists reacted by making Achebe -Most heard anti Awo- the hall of shame award winner, you are now looking for controversy?

Why didn't you talk before the process started? Wow! You are going to lose a lot of traffic here sir! Trust me. Naijapals is smiling right now.
There's a difference between a thread that's opened by anyone where people curse Awo, Achebe etc. But it's different when a polling system being organized by Nairaland Moderators are seen to be encouraging this kind of thing.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by chromoTop: 4:55pm On Dec 24, 2012
An exact replica of a failed nation, Sadly grotesque. when do we learn that the center no longer holds for any of us- Igbo whinners, Yoruba cowards (perfectly exemplified by seun), and the rest mor.ons- stand -by commedians.
However, it would go down in record that wounds were reopened, tensions flailed, emotions torched because a man- otherwise most respected, chose to put his talent to ill-effect.
I hate it when people say this is just an online forum- You do not need to be told that this forum mirrors what pretense and hatred runs in the Nigerian attitude.
People didn't just come here to have fun. A perfect forum to learn whats happening if you live outside.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Umartins1(m): 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
That awkward moment when a boss offends two of his key workers.

But be as it is, I implore Jarus and his colleague to pls tear the letter and forget all that happened.

This is a forum where one knows noone. The Admin of the forum has put in his best to unite Nigerians irrespective of our tribes. He's worth our respect.

To the concerned mods, I dont know how much you earn though, but getting angry over the misdeed of your boss is like fighting your shadow. Seriously, I know noone so I'm bound to speaketh the truth.
The day you call someone your boss, there's a kind of bound; a covenant between you and him. Either he err or not, he's worth your respect.

Proclaiming your resignation publicly is, sorry if you'll be offended, like DISHONOURING him. No matter what he could've done, inasmuch as you earn from him(no matter how meager it may be) he doesn't needs to command respect but he must surely earn it.

Lets take it this way: if he chooses to remove you from the list of his mods as requested by you, and two days after, Nl is hacked or gets a problem. Who do you think will be suspected first?

Please, lots of ppl are out there praying for this-- dispute as this to ensue. Dont forget that they'll surely capitalise on your shortcomings.

Settle this as men and let it die down.

That he went publicly without you being aware, doesn't warranty you proclaiming your resignation consequently.

Pls, I'm less concerned about Achebe or whatever. I'm only concerned with my beloved NL.

Many oh! Lot of people are currently celebrating this dis-agreement.

BE WISE!

4 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 24, 2012
abeg on to the FP

lets really rock this nl end of year parry
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by baksonlee: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2012

Hmmmmmmm
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 24, 2012
The usual noise making! I guess you must have been jumping up and down saying your gra gra! You should be banned for life for calling Seun a bastard.you and your fellow bigots want to destroy what he has suffered to build.why dont you take your bigoted infested body to naija pals and see what you get in return! Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by T9ksy(m): 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
quote author=oyb]oya seun, since you have caved into the biafra coalition, you can go a step further by making afam4ever and berem moderators
- kowtowing to the master tribe chest beaters seems to be the way nl will do in 2013[/quote]

@ bolded.................why not wily wily and noiseless, as moderators?
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2012
This is unbelievable.
Politics section is more fun than jokes section, even seun is in on the carnival.
I voted achebe for hall of shame not because he's igbo, but because he's using the respect Nigerians have for him to cause division among them, or how else will you describe a man formerly respected across the ethnic groups saying "awolowo and his YORUBA PEOPLE" saw the igbo has dominant and diabolical hatched up a plan to kill them off?
Certainly he's falling from his high esteem position to the obtuse level of willywilly of nairaland.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by skolob: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:
There's a difference between a thread that's opened by anyone where people curse Awo, Achebe etc. But it's different when a polling system being organized by Nairaland Moderators are seen to be encouraging this kind of thing.

Aspiring moderator, don't get too ambitious......

The names of the moderators are still listed up there. They are only bluffing...where are they going? These moderators will sort themselves out. It does no take a crystal glass to know nairaland is their home. These moderators practically live online.

As for you, the Mr high horse himself, don't say what you would regret.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:

Did you notice that most of the people mad at Achebe didn't hate him before his controversial book?

What was Achebe trying to achieve by calling Awolowo a genocidal maniac indirectly?

Remember that Awoists don't really have a problem with Achebe until he dabbled into tribalistic contexts.

What was Achebe's intention? Yet Achebe didn't mention the Igbos who sabotaged Ojukwu? Those who took both aid money and Ammunition fund and absconded with it?

I myself used to like Achebe until he wrote his book on emotional wishful thinking. Awolowo is not in his league in anyway.

Achebe has not have any impact on majority Nigerians. He used to be neither here nor there until he accused Awolowo then many of the articles he wrote and interviews he did started to make sense.

Why Awolowo? Remember Azikiwe connived with the North to jail this same Awolowo but he didn't let Azikiwe's bank go bankrupt during the war. Remember that.

And if it was the 20 pounds policy, was it Awolowo that burnt down the CBN in the east? Wasn't it Igbos? Was it Awolowo that stole passbooks from the Igbos such that they can't prove their worth? Was it?

Was it Awolowo that printed Biafra notes? And did you expect him as minister of finance to allow Biafra be changed to naira? If you were finance minister, would you allow that?

Azikiwe, Ojukwu etc.. all had their properties in the West back and in fact, it was your Igbo kinsmen that started the Abandoned property saga (Ikweres)..

So based on the facts above, Achebe's write up about Awolowo was just another way to try and score cheap points. He deserved the Hall of Shame Award because of the impact he has on young people who adored him as a writer. I'm glad we same young people were disappointed in him and aren't hiding our thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by manny4life(m): 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2012
Josh090: This is unbelievable.
Politics section is more fun than jokes section, even seun is in on the carnival.
I voted achebe for hall of shame not because he's igbo, but because he's using the respect Nigerians have for him to cause division among them, or how else will you describe a man formerly respected across the ethnic groups saying "awolowo and his YORUBA PEOPLE" saw the igbo has dominant and diabolical hatched up a plan to kill them off?
Certainly he's falling from his high esteem position to the obtuse level of willywilly of nairaland.

Is it not amazing how you guys claim "cause division", YET, you your thought and action speak otherwise. What other division is he tryna cause that hasn't been there since the Biafran war or perhaps since independence? I guess when the opinion of someone is aired, it is meant to cause division, meanwhile, within ourselves, we want that division.

Of all who inducted him to hall of shame and accuse him of division, are they not same tribal warlords who stir up chaos and ask everyone should go back to their villages? The sooner yall begin to tell the truth for what it is, rather than blanket reality, the better.

3 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by babapupa: 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2012
afam4eva:

Achebe encouraged tribalism, hatred and bitterness with his book of lies and you followed through and encouraged the same bitterness and hatred with your posts.

Achebe is a divisive element and you clowns encouraging his divisive rubbish are equally divisive so don't cry because other people labelled you and Achebe divisive.

1 Like

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by chromoTop: 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2012
manny4life:

Is it not amazing how you guys claim "cause division", YET, you your thought and action speak otherwise. What other division is he tryna cause that hasn't been there since the Biafran war or perhaps since independence? I guess when the opinion of someone is aired, it is meant to cause division, meanwhile, within ourselves, we want that division.

Of all who inducted him to hall of shame and accuse him of division, are they not same tribal warlords who stir up chaos and ask everyone should go back to their villages? The sooner yall begin to tell the truth for what it is, rather than blanket reality, the better.
Nope dude, within yourselves, you wanted division.

who has been crying for Biafra?

who goes hoisting the Biafran flag on Nigerian soil in 2012?

Achebe well timed his memoir to the exact time certain of you were threatening to secede again. the effect was outstanding. And so is the rippling effect.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by babapupa: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
manny4life:

They tell you to go back to your village because you have nothing but negative things to say about other peoples progress and advancements no matter what. This is your portion of hatred and devisiveness. If you are so unhappy withother people and their developments, then save yourself the aggravation and go back to your village where they do things better the way you like.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2012
^^ go to online news forums and see how yorubas and igbos were cursing each other out
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Jarus(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
Umartins1: That awkward moment when a boss offends two of his key workers.

But be as it is, I implore Jarus and his colleague to pls tear the letter and forget all that happened.

This is a forum where one knows noone. The Admin of the forum has put in his best to unite Nigerians irrespective of our tribes. He's worth our respect.

To the concerned mods, I dont know how much you earn though, but getting angry over the misdeed of your boss is like fighting your shadow. Seriously, I know noone so I'm bound to speaketh the truth.
The day you call someone your boss, there's a kind of bound; a covenant between you and him. Either he err or not, he's worth your respect.

Proclaiming your resignation publicly is, sorry if you'll be offended, like DISHONOURING him. No matter what he could've done, inasmuch as you earn from him(no matter how meager it may be) he doesn't needs to command respect but he must surely earn it.

Lets take it this way: if he chooses to remove you from the list of his mods as requested by you, and two days after, Nl is hacked or gets a problem. Who do you think will be suspected first?

Please, lots of ppl are out there praying for this-- dispute as this to ensue. Dont forget that they'll surely capitalise on your shortcomings.

That he went publicly without you being aware, doesn't warranty you proclaiming your resignation consequently.

Pls, I'm less concerned about Achebe or whatever. I'm only concerned with my beloved NL.

BE WISE!

Just fyi, I dont earn a dime from moderating here, and I don't want to. And I'm not sure Seun can hire me for financial consideration.

2 Likes

Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by manny4life(m): 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2012
chromoTop:
Nope dude, within yourselves, you wanted division.

who has been crying for Biafra?

who goes hoisting the Biafran flag on Nigerian soil in 2012?

Achebe well timed his memoir to the exact time certain of you were threatening to secede again. the effect was outstanding. And so is the rippling effect.

NO DUDE, the elements of division has always been there - greed, injustice, unfairness, etc.

Division doesn't start all a sudden, something breeds it. If you sow a seed of discord, you will reap division.

I guess Biafrans all of a sudden wanted division without injustice meted out to them?

This Biafra issue has be argued favorably and unfavorable numerous time, I'm not about to engage in it.
And other tribes don't want it as well? LOL, your thought on "Nigerian Unity" is indeed "PERFECT", what can I say.

You talk about ripple effect particularly here on NL is just fuc.king joke. Like seriously, I don't care about whatever the effect is on here. Seriously, let's wuit talking about "ripple effect" like it means some sh.it whereas it doesn't. The people involved in the "ripple effect" circle, are very well known, so why should I honor their words?

Isn't it funny how no one else wants division, yet they encourage discord and claim one side wants it? Therefore, if you claim no one else but Biafrans wanted division till date, I guess that explains the double-sided very well known to you.
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Ishilove: 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2012
maclatunji:

Oh dear! Mercy me! We seem to be high on something here, I don't know what it is.
Cassava leaves. cheesy
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Ishilove: 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2012
OAM4J:

This is very UNFAIR.

Seun, I hereby also tender my resignation as a moderator on Nairaland with immediate effect.

Thanks.
Shyte!!!! shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by manny4life(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2012
babapupa:

They tell you to go back to your village because you have nothing but negative things to say about other peoples progress and advancements no matter what. This is your portion of hatred and devisiveness. If you are so unhappy withother people and their developments, they save yourself the aggravation and go back to your village where they do things better the way you like.

Interpret it however you choose, division is division.

There are words (which even speaks harsher than actions) that are divisive - so I have a negative opinion about a place doesn't mean venom should be spewed around.

As far as am concerned,in as long as hatred, discord, mistrust, etc are the foundation of our unity, Nigerians and Nigeria as an entity is already divisive, so why are we pretending like it doesn't exist? undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2012
Umartins1: That awkward moment when a boss offends two of his key workers.

BE WISE!

a boss is NOT a god, no matter what you may have been told to the contrary
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by maclatunji: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2012
Ishilove:
Cassava leaves. cheesy

LOL
Re: The Shamefulness Of The Politics Section Hall Of Shame by babapupa: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2012
manny4life:

NO DUDE, the elements of division has always been there - greed, injustice, unfairness, etc.

Division doesn't start all a sudden, something breeds it. If you sow a seed of discord, you will reap division.

I guess Biafrans all of a sudden wanted division without injustice meted out to them?

This Biafra issue has be argued favorably and unfavorable numerous time, I'm not about to engage in it.
And other tribes don't want it as well? LOL, your thought on "Nigerian Unity" is indeed "PERFECT", what can I say.

You talk about ripple effect particularly here on NL is just fuc.king joke. Like seriously, I don't care about whatever the effect is on here. Seriously, let's wuit talking about "ripple effect" like it means some sh.it whereas it doesn't. The people involved in the "ripple effect" circle, are very well known, so why should I honor their words?

Isn't it funny how no one else wants division, yet they encourage discord and claim one side wants it? Therefore, if you claim no one else but Biafrans wanted division till date, I guess that explains the double-sided very well known to you.

Have you asked ashebe why he commited the fact that he was part of the biafran army, he was part of the same biafran government that denied his own people food, that he was part of the same biafran government that terrorized, invaded, subjugated and killed other minorities. What about fairness on their behalf including all the people ibo slaughtered in 66.?

You have no moral claim to any form of fairness till you acknowledge what you did to other people. Hypocrites..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari / Sign Death Warrant For 2,500 Inmates, NPS Tells Govs / Court Upholds Reversal Of Kashamu, Others Suspension by PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.